It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you've probably seen this but

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
[Edited on 13-9-2003 by Undead]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
if he is real...what worrys me is he doesnt say much about europe...uk.....ect ect other than they are attacked in 2015...

i might have to move over there with you lot...
im not even going to be middle aged by that time...

but by the time the fighting is big.... it will be well before that... so im going to barely mid 20's

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   

John Titor

Does the continuing conflict between Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the upcoming war?

Yes.

Does the current relationship between Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the coming war?

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and its offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the Middle East is a part of what's to come, not the cause.

Does anything happen in the year 2012? I've heard stories about the world ending.

In my 2012, I was 14 years old spending most of my time living, running and hiding in the woods and rivers of central Florida. The civil war was in its 7th year and the world war was three years away. Yes, there are unusual events in 2012 but they do not cause the world to end. Unfortunately, I have decided not to discuss events that you or I can do anything about. It is important that they be a surprise. Perhaps you are familiar with the story of the Red Sea and the Egyptians?

How and why do the Arabs Jews become entangled in the civil war of the U.S.A?

They are not directly involved but political situations are dependant on Western stability, which collapses in 2005

The Arab countries appear to have weapons of mass destruction. Do they use them against America?

Not against America but they are used against each other.

i think they were some of the more revealing answers to questions... i guess we will see in the next year or so...

i think i will back up the information just incase its not there in a few years time...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OIMD: Nice work...I hadn't thought those scenarios out.

Undead & other possible believers: If I may, you sound as if you are either convinced or have taken some of this, if not all as truth. What are you planning, if anything in prepartion of these types of events?

Myself, I tend to think a more likely scenario is that you have a very smart scientist, who can see the writing on the wall, threw in some TT for #s and giggles and then went about his business.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
well I guess if stuff goes down ATS members might want to shack up, because most normal people aren't going to take pre-emptive precautionary measures. For what it's worth to anyone I'm in Rhode Island currently, which has no primary ICMB targets

edit - if you are a believer it looks like the best thing you can do right now is to:
1. Get in shape if you aren't
2. Join a pistol club or something and become familar with firearms (safety, load, cleaning, sighting, etc).

If things start to really match what he said, like civil outbreaks in 2005, then start finding your 5 friends. I guess an ATS member could be subsituted but I don't know

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i dont think it matters about icbm targets... he says most of the nukes used are quite small anyway...

florida seams to be a safish area from the nukes... apart from the fighting...

i cant see the whole U.S being ingulfed in civil war but who knows... he mentions south america is safish from nukes and fighting... apart from the ussuall...

maybe some of us should shack up in a few years if this stuff does start to happen...

PYX

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Fom Kukla-

Undead & other possible believers: If I may, you sound as if you are either convinced or have taken some of this, if not all as truth. What are you planning, if anything in prepartion of these types of events?

I am planning right now on staying where I am. I have been preparing for bad things for about a year now, anyway, because my heart tells me something is not right with this reality, whether it is an Earth event or a societal collapse. I don't pretend to know what it may be, and I'm too skeptical of all the theories floating around to commit to one or the other. Just a feeling, and no proof of anything, except my possible failing sanity. Whatever. Like I said before, better to be safe than sorry, and it doesn't hurt anything to have extra camping gear, food/water, and medical supplies. I'm forever the cautious, hoarding squirrel-so sue me!
Since this is a hoax, anyway, I'm really not too worried about it. It sure is a good one, though.

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by PYX]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
or for 2 million points buy a NBC hardened bunker from the ATS store...

jokes aside, i don't think you want to be living in a populated area if all this was to go down. if it does turn to guerilla warfare, i'd be inclined to establish some base in a forest, cache food and supplies in different locations, stay mobile and keep your hat on.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
1) Death doesn't scare me in the least.

2) There's no point in worrying about wars, armageddon, alien invasions, 2nd coming of Christ, etc., until something really happens.

3) Civil unrest will be very apparent before a civil war. You should have plenty of time to prepare.

4) What good would it do you to be prepared if a nuke happens to land near your area? You might as well wait to see if you actually live, before you decide what to do. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time.

BTW, I did find a peculiarity in this IRC chat log. JT claims he went to 1975 to get an IBM 5110. If he'd already gotten this computer, why does he say it's a 5110, then later a 5100???

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Couldn't been a straight mistake. But it's also interesting to note that there was a 5110 model that had a removable hard drive. I read this somewhere. So it might not really matter.

Another odd thing:

from ufo city,
Darby says:

"but the story isn't true. It's full of holes, especially in the area of the black hole mechanics. There are too many problems with the physics to list in a single post (and I've listed many throughout over 2000 posts on Anomalies, P-2-P and TTI).

If you have any experience with BH mechanics you'll understand what I mean when I say that he's describing a maximally charged Kerr-Neuman black hole in his thesis. It doesn't result in what he describes (a Kerr BH with dual event horizons) - it results in a naked singularity. He didn't understand what he was describing. He even misclassified his BH's by calling them Kerr black holes. Kerr BH's are spinning but uncharged. He said that he pumps up the mass and angular momentum of his BH's by injecting electrons. That's a Kerr-Neuman solution for a BH, not a Kerr BH. The BH becomes maximally charged because he attempts to expand the event horizon from a radius less than that of an electron to over 9 meters (to engulf an entire pick-up truck). Long before the radius of the event horizons even reach cm size, charge x angular momentum exceeds the mass of the BH - it is maximal and exposes a naked singularity."

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I honestly don't see how a civil war in the modern day USA could last from 2005 to 2015. I mean I can see large militias and factions (all armed) and possible former US military joining the rebels. But wouldn't the US govt still have most of the military backing them with aircraft carriers, armed fighter jets, bradley tanks, green berets, attack helicopters? I don't see possibly how armed groups of civilians could survive such a fight. If I'm wrong someone please correct me..lol

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I was pretty close to believing this guy might be for real until I found a pretty major conflict in his story - Didn't take a PhD in astrophysics or political science to catch it either. I don't know if anyone picked up on this...

What type of money do you use in 2036?

Its not very different than it is now. Yes, we have money and credit cards. However, like everything else, the monetary system is decentralized. Banking is based mostly around the community structure. There are no multinational banking or computerized economic systems. There are also no income taxes.

Is there an IRS?

Yes, we pay taxes. Sounds like you don't enjoy keeping track of your personal income taxes. I don't think anyone does.

Hmmmmm....

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yeah, just who are Darby and Anon? Does anyone have any reason to believe they know black hole physics and/or quantum mechanics any better than anyone else who's not a physicist? I do know, when it comes to this high math, not many can even work the problems accurately. There's sure to be more mistakes than correct answers. After all, I don't believe Newton or Einstein had it all figured out. There are a few gaping holes in both of their theories. Everyone's a physicist, eh?

BTW, you don't need an IRS to have a tax system.

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well he didn't say that he paid income taxes, but that's defintely something interest. I remember off the top of my head that he said somethign like his dad was doing income taxes or something. I can try to find this if someone wants me to.

So we have him 1) paying income taxes and 2) creating raw black holes instead of time travel phenomena.

eidt - Good point Satyr (they're guys at ufocity.com
) I retract point 2 until someone qualified can say otherwise.

edit - again. point 1 is weak. You can pay taxes to anyone ... esp a regional state nation.

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It makes no difference to me whether it's a hoax or not. I'd just like to know one way or the other. As a science enthusiast, I'd love for it to be true, but if it's not, I sure as hell won't lose any sleep over it.

BTW, here's a few pages that clearly state that the 5100 was available with APL, BASIC, or both. So, it seems that info isn't exactly tough to find.

www.brouhaha.com...

www.obsoletecomputermuseum.org...

Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't that the feature he claimed wasn't documented, or was it something else?

The 5100 had a very simple and unique feature that IBM did not account for and decided it was not in their best interest to advertise (which in hindsight was not very smart). This accidental feature was thus removed from any future desktop computers. In order to take advantage of this feature, the 5100 I have now required a couple of special �tweaks� that had to be done by one of the software engineers in 1975. Anyone who is familiar with this feature and was told to keep their mouth shut about it will be able to tell you what it is.

...its needed to translate between APL, UNIX and a few obscure IBM mainframe languages.

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
yeah I kinda agree with that.

In the end the same conclusions can be drawn (speaking to everyone):

If you're on this site and believe or suspect that anything here is true than it's best to prepare a little bit. Either that or disprove it completely.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
look how would 1975 be less of a divergence? it would be more because the space between 1975 and 2038 is more. for the love of pete. the furhter out the more divergence correct? he is just adding to the current divergence he has already made. going back to 1975 thinking logically would raise divergence in his owntimeline because he has to use the machien more. it would make sense that the least amount of times he used it the better to get back to his own worldline

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think Satyr posted somethign about the divergence being probabilistic or chaotic, not exponential, meaning it didn't "add up" it was a divergence for every jump. So you have original time -> 1% divergence (for all jumps, irregardless of sequence). I think that's what s/he was trying to say.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I wonder who will write the first book on JT?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
why must he travel back to 1975? that makes no sense. also it would have to add up. because you cant get back to your own timeline whenever you got to different ones you would notice more and more changes right? or i guess just minor ones. but it still doesnt make sense why he went back to 1975. he says that the path matters not the destination. well that doesnt make sense. how would the divergence get lower by going back? if its always 1 to 2 percent and doesnt add up or anything why didnt he go forward to another worldline close to his

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join