It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message from General Patton's ghost-WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Please stop playing the pro-war game of labeling anyone with a dissenting opinion "anti-american", it is tired and illogical. What is so anti-american about trying to fix the problems? The true enemy of the US is someone who thinks there is nothing wrong with her.

Also, this has nothing to do with WWII, no matter how much you want it to be. These fellows are just thirsty for blood.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Remember that when the next adolf hitler annexes your country.
ahem, too late... (remember, he got re-elected)

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Ya, someone said this before, but it makes you think when they say that there showing the US dead and not the many dead in the current war. We can never take out all the terrorists, and the Cuban detentionees that got treated against the Ganiva Convntion and torcherd by US will, as quoted by Bush "Never be released untill all terrorists are exterminated."

[edit on 25-5-2005 by The Surrealist]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Davies

That would be easy to di if alot of these anti war people didnt always scream america is evil, america sux, america is nazi germany.

Originally posted by Infamous Zordak9
ahem, too late... (remember, he got re-elected)

Youve just proven to us all, that we should no longer reply to anything you say.

/adds to ignor.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If the kid is fighting for Shrub George and critisizing him with political cartoons... were douse that serve his perpose when he dies fighting? (I like the Pink Floyd banner)

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It ties in well with the thred

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
I listen to our Generals on CNN and CBS trying to cover their a**es and I wonder where our fire-breathing Generals of WW-II went to? If General Patton could speak from the grave, here would be his message to us Americans:

www.oldbluejacket.com...

You Canadians and Europeans might wanna take some notes.

Maximu§

Hey you "Americans" take this note: Shut your YAPPERS!!!

[edit on 25-5-2005 by White Widow]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
(As well as most history)

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Would'a, could'a, should'a. My grandfathers were defending their countries during a time of dire need while your country sat on it's arse and played games of profit rather than lift a finger. Despite the calls for help. I wonder how your grandfathers felt while Uncle Sam sat back and watched while Western Europe was blitzed.

Cole, that's called the ignorant button. Press that if you are feeling especially childish towards the opinions and views of others.

Otherwise known as the "la'la'la'la'la'la'la'la'ICANTHEARYOU'la'la'la'la'la'la'la'la'" button.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by cargo]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
*Cough Reichstagg Cough cough*

Oh sorry now that I have cleared my throat, Patton would roll in his grave over the inane and insane drivel my neocon fellow americans are spouting these days... If patton was still around there would be a ring of sherman tanks with WW2 vets driving up the turnpike to lay siege to DC and take back our country.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Too many of you are clued up on "Patton" the movie and not Patton, the man.

He was a kind intellectual, he was well versed in history and enjoyed poetry, both reading and writing.

Patton the movie conjures the image of a gravel voiced rule breaker but in reality Patton spoke with high pitched voice, hated crowds and was a career soldier willing to bend to the bureaucracy.

A great man, don't soil his name with bull# like that flash movie.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Would'a, could'a, should'a. My grandfathers were defending their countries during a time of dire need while your country sat on it's arse and played games of profit rather than lift a finger. Despite the calls for help. I wonder how your grandfathers felt while Uncle Sam sat back and watched while Western Europe was blitzed.

Like I said, the US is the world's ex-husband.

As for my grandfather, since you asked so nice and all...was serving in the military just as he wanted. Not the US military, but still on the same side. He also didn't play the blame game when it's convenient.

We had some tough ass grandfathers I'd say.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Well, I don't give a crap about waging a "sensative and understanding war" the way so many people seem to want it done. I see and hear every single day how people think we should have a "politically correct" relationship with the enemy, complete with "Hand-Holding 101" classes for the poor, picked on terrorists.

I totally agree.....the terrorists shouldn't have "rights"....where were the rights of all the people they beheaded? (and it wasn't just Americans that were killed).

Their sole purpose is to kill anyone who is associated with "the free world", they have no respect for our way of life, our religions, etc. This is an all out war, like it or not.

This is the best post!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
He was a kind intellectual, he was well versed in history and enjoyed poetry, both reading and writing.

He also didn't learn to read until almost a teen, was in the 1912 Olympics, and was a master swordsman (using, teaching, and designing).

He also said "A man of diffident manner will never inspire confidence."

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That pathetic link is nothing more than a ploy to spread hate. Is that what America has become? No wonder everyone looks at us the way they do.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Do remember, like you, I'm only human, but obviously unlike you, I consider myself a member of a global society and pay no patrioism to a sole flag; I give hommage to humanity, as I'm sure most humanists like myself will concur themselves.

You make David Rockefeller and every humanist one-world government advocate proud.
Humanity is great if you wanted to be a part of the whole instead of being a part of yourself in this life, go ahead. But don't expect the whole humanity to follow along your thinking or your belief, however naive. Humanity cannot be trusted to take care of itself.

You can never eliminate nationalism or different religious beliefs or different individualistic beliefs or my flag's color is more beautiful than your flag's color (or vice versa). You can wave the global flag (or the UN's blue-white flag) all you wanted and count yourself as being a part of a global society but you and your humanist kinds will never eliminate nationalism, diverse religious and individualistic beliefs.

Guess what, Mr. ZeroDeep? Nobody freaking cares about that. To me or anybody, you're just another Joe Schmoe professing a childlike, lofty sentimental ideal of a global society and I'll be right next to you holding your hand and singing, "We Are the Whole F*****g World" with a large mug of dark beer on the other hand.

America has lauded itself as the sole precentor of human rights, democracy, freedom and liberties across this greed Earth, as they have acknowledged countless treaties barring the use of inhuman tactics against POW's. You cannot champion yourself as such and then hand over suspects to countries where torture is not outlawed, correct?

Yeah, it sucks being Americans but at least we can get the job done and expect results. Sometimes we do things deemed horrible to others (such as yourself) but what's the alternative? Sit back, do nothing and hope that all terrorists' and dictators' bad behaviors stop overnight? Re-write our policies to accommodate and appease terrorists, criminals and dictators in the long run?

Get real, my naive friend. Nobody handed us the golden crown of global supremacy upon demanded nor we felt compelled to wear it with beaming pride.
It was earned through a series of geopolitical and economic circumstances over the decades (since the end of World War II) under different leaderships, different policies and different means to achieve one thing that mattered the most to all Americans: winning. At any cost.

Principle, my freind, principle. America has lost it's principle, instead, economics success has become the new catalyst for this society, individualism it's motif, and collectivism it's mortal enemy.

We didn't lose any principle, you silly ninny. We lost the capacity to rationalize every negative action on the basis of something along like "Oh, we must did something to p*ss off those bad terrorists, so we must fix it at once and hope it doesn't happen again,". Have you learn that appeasing your enemy is like asking for their blessing? I don't think you really do.

Look, collectivism and individualism cannot just override each other in the face of adversity. It just needed each other just like Fred Flintstone reluctantly needed Barney Rubble when things goes bad for Fred (or vice versa). Individualism must be respected and collectivism must be needed under duress or crisis. People's nationalism, religious beliefs and individualistic characters are essentially important to a diverse global society, not the global society's expectations on them to follow its collective global rules.

This is not the 1940's, or did you forget that? Do remember, we are living in a global society far more interdependent. What may transpire from a global superpower, positive or negative, could have severe ramnifications for a third world country. Realism is the realization that self-interest must be disregarded for the collective interest and securty, not blind patrioism over spurious wars.

Sorry, Zerodeep, it's human nature for most parts of humanity to do things that aren't in the best interests for others or for the rest of humanity. It's easy to talk about aspiring positive ideas about interdependence and global society but it's harder to actualize collective interests over the wills of some peoples who aren't keen on being compliant to some global rules or to benefit some power-driven unappointed nobodies in far-off places.

I'm proud of the United State of America, the American people and its great spirit embodying freedom. I'm proud of what's this country have accomplished so far, in spite of problems and differences. Nobody's perfect. My heart bleeds red, white and blue, as long as God's my witness and to hell with all of your kind. That's nationalist enough for you, with the religious/individualistic bells and whistles to go with.

[edit on 5/25/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Where do you guys get these imaginary boogeymen!?!

What is a "terrorist"? Where do these people come from? Do they pop out of a vacuum with an AK-47 in one hand and an RPG launcher in the other?

They hate your freedom....? What? Who are "they"!?! What "freedom"!!?

Here you are bleating about your freedom while your beloved country goes jack-booting around the world after imaginary enemies, yours heads firmly up your red, white and blue butts and all the while you are being taken for a ride. Anyone care to elaborate about your "Manifest Destiny"?

If you hate us so much and think we are unworthy because we don't agree with every bloomin' stupid idea you try and force the world to swallow, that we are ungrateful for your apparently selfless act in coming to our aid in WWII (it was far from selfless I can assure you), then take your troops and seal your borders, withdraw from the rest of the world. You can do it right? You have the best military in the world, or so you insist on telling everybody.

Do it! Seal yourself off! See how long you last. See how long it is that you can live side by side with red-neck radicals you have spawned to justify your wars of conquest, teaching their sons to be killers and haters. Then understand how difficult it has been for the rest of the world putting up with these robots, these emotional cripples who need an enemy to crush to make themselves feel like men.

Patton had an enemy and a job. He did what had to be done and for that the western world is grateful. But we shouldn't revel in how he did it. This is the darker side of ALL our natures and people like Patton should be behind glass partitions with a sign saying "Break only and absolutely only when you have NO other options" and not trumpeted as some great ability you can call upon whenever someone disagrees with you. How you dilute and disgrace his memory by doing that.

Patton and his like are a neccessary but unsavoury tool in the world. They should be wheeled out only when really needed. Not to chase phantom boogeymen terrorists and not to win unjust wars of conquest and pillage.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That piece of crap was ridiculous. Not only was it ridiculous it was insulting I cant believe some of you people actually bought into that nonsense.

I want to clear something up for you _____(insert insult here), contrary to popular belief us "liberals" have no wish to coddle terrorists or give them flowers or any such pansy nonsense you falsely attribute to us. We want them hunted down like the murdering bastards they are. However we havent lost fact of the sight that these people are criminals not soldiers of an evil empire. You dont capture criminals and bring them to justice by blowing the crap out of the neighborhood where they might live. Maybe you rightwing jerks wish we handled things that way here in America but we dont we because we're Americans not Nazis. You see the "liberal"way of dealing with terrorists isnt to send them a dozen roses and a mash note. Its to send in the SpecOps and grab the thugs while they're sleeping, those that come peaceful get put on trial those who dont well lets just say they wont be causing anymore trouble. Call me crazy but but I think its better to take out your enemies through precision strikes and not through clumsy things like "regime change" and wholesale invasion.

For another thing please explain to me what 911 has do with Iraq. Yes we did come under terroist attack and yes saddam was a dictator. Despite what some of you might have heard though he was cooperating with the UN weapon inspectors I dont care about the past and how he wasnt playing straight I care about the present(relative) where he was cooperating with the UN inspections and the biggest obstacle facing the inspectors was Bush and his war timetable. I also dont care for the way people say the "evidence" we had said that Saddam had WMDs. You know why because the evidence didnt say that. Some of the evidence said that evidence from rather crappy sources I might add. There was also a ton of evidence saying he didnt have the things we thought he did. What evidence was that you ask? I don't know maybe the reports from the guys actually doing the inspections who were saying they werent finding anything incriminating. I mean which evidence would you put more credence on the ten year old testimony from a dubious source or the guys actually on the ground? Well what if he was hiding things from the inspectors you say? Hello! they had 100% access to the country where are they going to hide things? Its not like you can pack up a chemical plant into the back of a truck on a moments notice when you hear the inspectors are coming.

Another thing the "thats not torture" defence doesnt fly with me. I'm sorry but # like that isnt American. You may laugh it off as hazing or kids having a good time but its just not American, maybe you sickos wish it was but the real Americans know in they're hearts that # isnt right. Do you know why? Because it signifies one of two things neither of which are pretty. Either our soldiers are incompetent undisciplined sadists (because stuff like that didnt just happen in Abu Ghraib after all) and our whole Army is on the verge of disciplinary failure or they were just following orders. Just following orders to abuse prisoners for information extraction purposes, also know as torture in the civilized world. Despite all your denials in your hearts you know it for what it is, you know that if you were a captured soldier and you were subjected to such treatment for interogation purposes you wouldnt laugh it off as the guards just "letting off some steam" youd call it for what it is torture. You also know that if footage like that came out of our troops beng humiliated and abused youd be bouncing off the walls with rage.

Maybe you think its Ok to torture people, maybe you dont think it matters how we treat our prisoners because after all we're at war. Well I just find it funny how we didnt find it necessary to pull any of this crap when we were fighting the Nazis I guess they didnt pose as much of a threat. I mean how could a continent spanning empire with an actual army airforce and navy with state of the art equipment and R&D not to mention to the best of our knowledge at the time a thriving nuclear program be as theatening as a bunch of backwater militants with a little too much C4? Its funny how we used to chastise the Soviet Union for abusing prisoners and just being an all round menace and now twenty years later we're doing the same thing.

This rant ends now Im not even going to get into how blatantly racist that video was. Its almost one in the morning and I have to go to work tommorow.
Protecting the homefront and all that jazz.

Dismissed.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by boogyman]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Before I even read the Tulipwalking posts to this.

AWESOME MAN! Patton was the MAN and we need someone like him now more than ever.

Edit:

Now that I have read them, I have to admit I already KNEW what they would say.

BTW CG Scott did a hell of a job acting Patton out in that movie , and PATTON was like that and WOULD be 'slapping' many of the folks in here if under his command.

Actually some would have probably been shot for treason already. I mean the Europeans and others I expect it from, but from Americans? They care more about those that want to kill them than those putting their lives on the line to protect them.

They would rather 'spit' on them than hug and kiss them and welcome them home.

Disgusting really, but since someone already has pointed out it is not a free country here so they will be rounded up by the NWO soon enough. (PUN intended)

I wonder if they worship the Nephilim by proxy?

[edit on 26-5-2005 by edsinger]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
BTW CG Scott did a hell of a job acting Patton out in that movie , and PATTON was like that and WOULD be 'slapping' many of the folks in here if under his command.

Wow! You knew Patton!?! Tell us a story uncy Ed! Tell us a story!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join