It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Significant Weakening Of Gulf Stream Detected

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Believe this is one of the reasons that we have record high temperature in the Netherlands its almost winter and we have temps which we supose to have in summer.
In australia we see that is supose to be 30 degree celsius, its currently 8 degrees celsius.

well something wrong there.,

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I highly recommend everyone (and especially those who don't believe in global warming to google the 2003/2004 Pentagon Report on Climate Change. It is very sobering. The Bushies suppressed it for several months, refusing to release it until its authors finally posted it themselves on the internet. It discusses the long term implications of the collapse of the Gulf Stream etc. and its impact on global society. Very well done.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I highly recommend everyone (and especially those who don't believe in global warming to google the 2003/2004 Pentagon Report on Climate Change. It is very sobering. The Bushies suppressed it for several months, refusing to release it until its authors finally posted it themselves on the internet. It discusses the long term implications of the collapse of the Gulf Stream etc. and its impact on global society. Very well done.

Thanks for bringing this thread back.

Have been wondering about the Gulf Stream and 'conveyor belt' in light of recent weird weather, plus that herd of icebergs near New Zealand.

Any updates on the Gulf Strea/North Atlantic Current - or is this another case of disappearing information?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Is it this one your thinking of?
www.cam.net.uk...

snippets

Tony Blair told Sir David King to be quiet and not speak. But Sir King felt that this was simply too important for him to say nothing, so in January of this year he deliberately went around Mr. Blair and went straight to the American journal Science where he published his information and concern.

Sir King said in this article, "In my view, climate change is the most severe problem we are facing today, more serious even than the threat of terrorism."

England placed a gag order on Sir David King, and now he is not even allowed to discuss this subject publicly without threat of detention.

AMERICA & THE PENTAGON

A month later in February 2004, the Pentagon became involved, which has stirred the world to action. The Pentagon has been studying Global Warming for many years because of its possible national security problems associated with the kind of changes that could present themselves to the world through Global Warming. A special study was conducted through one of the Pentagon's departments, the Office of Net Assessment, which is directed by Andrew W. Marshall, 83, who has the responsibility of identifying long-term threats to the United States.

Mr. Marshall went to a US based think-tank called Global Business Network to compile the possibilities of Global Warming on US national security. A study was completed in October of 2003 and released to the Pentagon, which was looking at this problem from the point of view of what is the worst that could happen. It was named "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security." The summary went far beyond what most Pentagon experts had expected.

Realizing the incredible possibilities of this study, Mr. Marshall made a decision to publicly report this and other information to the American people. And probably because of President Bush's stance on Global Warming, which is beyond negative, he also decided to go around the president, and he published his information and concern in Fortune magazine on February 9th 2004. In his article in Fortune, Mr. Marshall explains how the melting North and South poles and glaciers from around the world are composed of fresh water and within this fact is the basis of the impending global weather disaster.

The North Pole Melting

Let's look at the facts. Two summers ago the North Pole completely melted for the first time in history that we know of. Both private and military ships floated directly over the actual North Pole as it was completely water. This area has never been seen to be less then ten feet of solid ice.

Greenpeace a few years ago announced that the North Pole's winter to summer snow pack had receded by around three hundred miles, but no one listened. And today, as I am writing this article, we are witnessing the Alaska fire that has consumed over one million acres of forest. This fire is burning in an area that is always wet with rain or snow until now. And this fire, as you will understand in this article is directly related to the melting of the poles and the Gulf Stream.

Lot of refferences (but no links) in this article. I'll try to dig them up.

Just remember some of the sources have the agenda to trivialize the topic. Sometimes they are easily debunked.
Did it myself with this one Lost my trust in American Scientist.

[edit to add "An Abrupt Climate..." link]

[edit on 16-11-2006 by khunmoon]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The above link to the report "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security." is merely a html link only containing the begining. The whole report is a 22 pages PDF file (took me 5 minutes to upload). But it's worth it.

On page 17 is a scenario of events to happen 2012 to 2030 due to climate change.
Very interesting ...and very scary.

Here's the link for the PDF file
www.gbn.com.../UploadDocumentDisplayServlet.srv?id=28566

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah the abrupt climate change and its implications is the one. I have it in PDF format...downloaded it when it came out. I don't know about the one from England, the abrupt climate change is from a pentagon think tank.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

that is not true at all grover, and I can't believe that you would post such a lie in these forums...

The report was originally posted in January 26 2004 in the Fortune magazine, and it was written from an unclassified report released by the Pentagon from before that article was written...

Here is one of the original links, but it is so old that it does not work.
www.ems.org...

The report has been released by several other sources.

You can still find official sources for this report, such as this...

www.gcrio.org...

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That is how I understood it was released. If I am wrong so be it....doesn't change the nature of the report one iota though, nor does it change the fact that the administration tried to suppress it either.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
How in the world were they trying to supress it when it has been public even before the article on Fortune magazine was written?... Do a search on the second link I gave above... I was in these forums one or two months later after the Fortune article and i was one of the people who made a thread about this report back early in the year 2004 if i remember correctly.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I am merely reporting what I heard about it. Like I said if I am wrong so be it. Doesn't change the report any though. If I recall correctly the report had been written some 6 months before and the administration refused to release it so the authors went ahead and released it themselves. That is what I heard. If I am wrong I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Oh i see, so you heard a rumor and you try to report it as fact...

Again, here is an excerpt from one of the links I gave...

The National Assessment of the Potential Consequences of Climate Variability and Change is a landmark in the major ongoing effort to understand what climate change means for the United States. The Assessment was called for by a 1990 law, and has been conducted under the US Global Change Research Program in response to a request from the President’s Science Advisor. This site contains the final approved version of the report of the National Assessment Synthesis Team, which was a federal advisory committee made up of experts drawn from government, universities, industry, and non-governmental organizations. The report is provided in two parts: (1) an Overview report, and (2) a Foundation report that provides additional detail and full references.

www.gcrio.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Lay off Muaddib. I don't have to justify myself to you. I don't remember where I read about it. I see you absence hasn't improved your personality any. Its been nice and quiet around here without your bullying all the time.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I forgot that you call people "bullies" when you are presented with facts that contradict your false claims...and btw, I haven't been absent, I have just been around other forums of ATS...

Anyways back to the facts and to this report, it has always been made public as can be seen from one of the original links.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I forgot that you call people "bullies" when you are presented with facts that contradict your false claims...and btw, I haven't been absent, I have just been around other forums of ATS...

Anyways back to the facts and to this report, it has always been made public as can be seen from one of the original links.

NO I just call you a bully. You log onto this thread and immediately start attacking me on your first post with your how could I tell such a lie and all that BS.

You don't dispute what the report says so why bother or are you bored and need to abuse someone?

I really don't give a flying frick how this report was released. I merely reported what I originally read about it, and considering this administrations habit of suppressing science it does not like, it seems perfectly in keeping to me. Just like when you can't argue against something you go attacking the messengers. Blow off.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The fact is simple, this thread is very interesting, and I have posted a lot more in this thread than you ever have as can be seen in past replies of mine.

I just don't like it when someone like yourself tries to exploit topics like this one to spout your lies. You don't like being called a lier? then don't lie and keep to the facts.

This thread is about facts, not about wanting to lie and exagerate for a particular political motivation.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Anyways, Indy, have you found anything new to report on this?

I haven't seen Indy post in here for a long time.

Please, if you are around do keep us informed as you have done in this thread.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
The fact is simple, this thread is very interesting, and I have posted a lot more in this thread than you ever have as can be seen in past replies of mine.

I just don't like it when someone like yourself tries to exploit topics like this one to spout your lies. You don't like being called a lier? then don't lie and keep to the facts.

This thread is about facts, not about wanting to lie and exagerate for a particular political motivation.

You are a real ass you know that. Like I have pointed out repeatedly YOU manulipate your so called facts all the time to reflect YOUR political bias yet you harass people for supposedly doing the same. I reported what I read and thought to be true. I would need a far more reputable source than yourself to convince me I am wrong so I will look into it and if I am...I will say so. You really need to get a personality transplant. Maybe you could switch with O. J. Simpson or Michael Jackson.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
["This public report, prepared by GBN for the Department of Defense, has been the subject of several news stories. Fortune magazine excerpted the report in its Feb. 9, 2004, issue ("The Pentagon's Weather Nightmare," by David Stipp). The actual report, titled "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security," was written by Peter Schwartz (GBN chairman) and Doug Randall (co-head of GBN's consulting practice) and is attached here in its PDF version. Contrary to some recent media coverage, the report was not secret, suppressed, or predictive."]

I stand corrected....but note the last sentence. It had been reported as suppressed and/or secret and that is what I heard/read. So do you still call that lying? You still don't have to be such an ass about things ya know that.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You are a real ass you know that.

play niiice

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Actually it is refreshing to see Mauddib and grover going at it again. It lends the board, erm, how to say this...a certain hominess, wouldn't you say?

Well, anyhow, while those two duke it out I believe our environment is on the quick road of major change. It is my opinion that we have gone past the point of return and there is no place to go but up. I spelled out "opinion" instead of the standard IMO because I really don't want to be bothered to dig up references. No facts here, righto?
Now would be a good time to bug our political leaders about moving onto other planetary bodies. I am not kidding about this. The time is now lest we extinguish ourselves fighting over resources.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join