It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Case of Time Travel - Why we will never know it existed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I know it's a bit arrogant of me to claim that in all the years of Time Travel theory postulation, all the...copper coil machines claiming to 'project' their user in the future...I have found the final case of Time Travel, the verdict.

Before I start, we are setting aside paradoxical events that theoretically could arise from Time travel and out the window is the theory of the Multiverse. I'm just referring to that classic Time Travel paradigm.

Anyway, the reason why we will never know that time travel existed is simple:

If Time Travel is possible, then the present is the result of any and all time travel that has occurred in history and will occur. Therefore all time travel has already occurred and this moment, right now, is the final result. Thus, since all time travel has occurred in advanced, we will never know what it would have been like if it had existed.

d1k

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
wait...ummm....what about....er.....nm.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well seeing as there is no evidence of the past other than objects in the present then it would be very difficult to say that any object in the present should or shouldn't exist due to interference in the past.

However....

There are many reasons time travel may not be possible in our universe...

The one point I like is the point that the only way to travel back in time is to somehow revert all matter to a previous state. To do that you would have to literally measure the configuration of all matter and then have the power to be able to revert all matter back to that state.

The only way to explain time travel is multiverse M-theory. That is when you so called travel through time you are not actually travelling through time but are in fact travelling to another universe (there are in theory an unlimited infinite number of universes).

So why have we had no time travellers in our universe I hear you ask??

Simple... all time travellers from our future go to a different universe.... and we happen to live in a universe that no time travellers have travelled too.

Hope that makes sense

all the best people,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So why have we had no time travellers in our universe I hear you ask??

Simple... all time travellers from our future go to a different universe.... and we happen to live in a universe that no time travellers have travelled too.
NeoN HaZe.

Well what if we have had time travelers from other universes, and noone believed that they were in fact time travelers?

I agree that time travel to the past in the classical sense of going back in our "timeline" is impossible, and ive always thought it ludacris that a machine could move all of the matter that exists back to somewhere it was even say 15 minutes ago, no less the position of the sun to the heavens 35 years ago. Time travel does seem rather impossible. With that being said is M theory even time travel? Seems more like dimensional sliding or something to me.

aero

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Aero]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I was talking with my wife about the life of Prince Charles. I commented that his misfortune is proof the British never acheive time travel in the future.

Then I looked at some photos of Camilla and Diana. I told my wife, 'they look like cousins'. Then I saw this thread, and I knew I was wrong.

Picture it: 2012, Charles goes back and snatches Diana from the car as the wreck happens. The Lucas electrics in the timeship go wrong. He continues back into the 20th Century and drops off the now-older Diana with his much-younger self for safe keeping. Now there's two Dianas, one older. Original (young) Diana sees Young Charles with her slightly older copy, flips out... while older Charles continues back into the 21st Century to rejoin older Diana and get the alternator repaired...

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
lets say christianity is true:

will God allow a person to go back in time and kill Jesus and, thus, making the present time to never know Jesus???

NO!!!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well, for that reason time travel my not even be possible, suppose we all believe in God, which i do. I dont think he would allow humans from different times to interact and cause a mess He would have to sort out.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
Well, for that reason time travel my not even be possible, suppose we all believe in God, which i do. I dont think he would allow humans from different times to interact and cause a mess He would have to sort out.

Why not? We've already created a mess that only God can sort out. Whats a little time travel thrown into the mix. It might even shake things up and make them a bit more interesting

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Too much speculation and not enough experiment to prove anything. The strongest evidence against time travel is that no one has done it yet.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by T_Jesus
Too much speculation and not enough experiment to prove anything. The strongest evidence against time travel is that no one has done it yet.

And you know this how?

Its true that no one has proven that they have time travelled but I doubt someone coming back from the 25th century would take out a full page add in the post to announce it.

Those who would do such a thing are most likely frauds.

Their are many reasons people in the future would come back to our time, and even more reasons to keep such visits secret.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If there are time travellers than they probably are very secretive and the time travelling is a military matter.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
If Time Travel is possible, then the present is the result of any and all time travel that has occurred in history and will occur. Therefore all time travel has already occurred and this moment, right now, is the final result. Thus, since all time travel has occurred in advanced, we will never know what it would have been like if it had existed.

I said almost this verbatim today in my Philosophy class sacary
well you know what they say great minds think a like

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
The Lucas electrics in the timeship go wrong.

ROFLMFAO
Use to work on pommy, sorry British cars. Some of our local product used Lucas electrics as well. FOOLS!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by T_Jesus

Did you even read the first post of this thread?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
if you sleep and wake up when you wake up things could be different but if there was such things as time travel we would never notice the difference maybe we might not feel right ast a certain time or something ... But ... noone ever understands me when I speak of such things so ... Adios ...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Travelling forwards in time is already possible, but how would you travel bamckwards?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Or...time just doesn't exist, plain and simple. It's a fabrication of the mind.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Only people on this site would try and prove something using two hypothetical ideals like God, and time travel hehe.

I guess if we had time travel we could go back and watch God interact with Moses, Adam and Eve and even watch as God Created the heavens and the earth.

I don't think we can have both god and time travel but who knows.

I have an open mind about both. Both are possible, yet neither have been proven to exist.

X

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If we were able to use time travel in the future then why didn't anyone stop Hitler from rising to power and leading the extermination of millions of innocent people? For that and many other reasons, I do not think it's possible.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
ballance, learning experiance. mainly to teach us value. If a utopia were to be created (like is was with earth) and the inhabitants lost understanding of value. they'd push to understand whatever came to mind to ponder. Mankind's mind isn't just "what would it be like with?" it's also "what would it be like without?"

Time traville, definatly, but in a cosmic memory, not a flimsy ship.

And "they'd" let hitler do eactly what he was gonna do, cause it's a good story to learn from.

Free Will is the result of time traville

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join