It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is that all the church people have child sex abuse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
OK. this is the reason:

First, there has ALWAYS been sexual abuse in the church. It is only now, when our culture, ravenous for scandal, supports our media to dive in and expose it all. We as a society are now culturally conditioned to expect and even demand this kind of exposure from our "news" media. In history's past, this kind of scandal was simply not addressed, overlooked, turned away from or ignored. We now crave it... it doesnt matter if it is church related, politically related, etc. SO, it's not that it hasn't happened throughout history, it is just that it hasn't been reported.

BUT THE QUESTION IS WHY DOES IT HAPPEN?

It happens because the Catholic church provides no sexual outlet for its priests or nuns. Through absolute chastity, priests subject their bodies and minds to extremely difficult attempts to repress basic biological needs. IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT NEITHER GOD NOR JESUS CHRIST INTENDED THAT THESE BASIC HUMAN NEEDS EVER BE SUPRESSED. Not all priests have the same strength and willpower, so many of them fail. Those that do fail often seek out those that cannot speak out, are afraid or simply don't understand what is happening to them when they are being taken advantage of sexually. The sexual partner the priest seeks out is not solely through perversity, but primarily through desperate means to maintain secrecy.

WHAT IS THE ANSWER?

It's probably pretty simple to figure that one out. Do what Christ's chosen deciples did. (And some would argue what Christ himself did...) Engage in healthy, human, managomous relationships with significant others.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by jupiter869]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by jake1997
IMIO it is part of the conspiracy to discredit Christ to prepare us for the rise of the lawless one.

of course it is. all those thousands of little children must have been lying..

[edit on 1-5-2005 by riley]

Dont know how you got that out of what I said.

I was talking about why people give the credit to christ, for the deeds of the pagan rcc

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
As much as molestation occurs in the Catholic church (20,000 reported cases in the US in 20 years).
Perversion happens in every organization where some people have absolute power over other people.

Any cult for instance will find instances of perversions.
Many a "spiritual guru" is in it for the action he gets from those he holds power over.

Rape and Molestation happens among muslims as well. In Iran woman can get the death penalty for reporting a rape. An ex girlfriend of mine was raped at the age of 12 by her Muslim uncle and this was found acceptable by her muslim Iranian mother. If he wasn't dead when I was dating her I would have cut his genitals off.

Another girlfriend, Catholic, was molested at the age of 10 by her 13 year old sister.
Who taught the sister to do this?

Another girlfriend, Catholic, was raped repeatedly by her brother.

Another girlfriend, was raped by someone in the US Army.

My great grand father, a freemason, apparently did something to the many young girls in my mother's family that simply is not discussed. I only caught angry suggestions to the perversions in a conversation I was not directly part of.

Apparently sexual perversion and aggression crosses every strata of society.

I personally hope they do block molestation lawsuits against the RCC, so that the only recourse for the injured and their families is the execution of the priests and the burning down of their churches.

An example needs to be set, and a clear message needs to be sent to the Vatican: "touch our children and die!"

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
first off christianity has been corrupted by the christian leaders allowing compromise with pagen.

also, if you think about it, Satan--serpant
serpant--snake
snake--reptile
that was in reply to the reptile comment by the way

but still, the snake slithered his way into christianity. Don't blame the fact that these acts of sexual abuse by church leaders are simply cuz they are man. Using the church as an excuse to harm children as a justification is just straight up sick and wrong. And by using the church in such away is simply an act of misleading its followers. Something that satan is bound and determined to do. Any form of sexual abuse is wrong, but for a church leader to use this to his advantage, he is simply some form of a slithery reptile. And satan, reduced to a reptile, will do anything he can to hurt those who have faith.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by karie]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It astounds me that there are still people who take the Bible literally.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

Originally posted by Byrd
What you are NOT paying attention to is the number of Protestant (and other clergy) doing the same thing. Eveyrone's so scandalized because the priest abuse by a few priests involves boys. Nobody seems to shriek and point fingers when it's little girls.

Byrd - this is interesting. And as a matter of fact, you're right. I've never heard about this kind of abuse by Protestant clergy.

What tends to happen is that the minister whines at the congregation for forgiveness and (since he's not a Catholic Priest and since often his victims are girls (and there is the implication that "they led him on") then it gets shoved under the carpet.

Take a gander at these stories from just the past month about PROTESTANT ministers sexually abusing children and you'll get an idea of what's being ignored in the rush to start putting this label ONLY on Catholic priests:

www.stuff.co.nz...

(here's a multiple offender ):
www.wtol.com...

This pillar of the Protestant community likes 4 year old girls:
www.fosters.com.../20050427/NEWS50/50427021

Dallas minister punished for sex abuse quits committee (but is still allowed to go to other churches to be a pastor):
www.dallasnews.com

Under subheading "The Seducer", about a pastor who molested a 14 year old girl (no screams of outrage over this one, apparently) who then went on to be a youth minister elsewhere:
www.nctimes.com...

(Pennsacola minister soliciting sex on the internet)
www.southernvoice.com...

...and that was only for the past month and only the headliners.

The problem is actually greater with Protestants since there is no supervising body of the church. Someone can simply show up and decide to start a church and invent their own denomination in a town. With the Catholics, at least there is some authority that attempts to step in. In Protestant denominations, there's no such control.

And how could we forget THIS prize specemin who, yes, was a minister of his own church (Protestant) and his trail of incest and murder and sex slavery:
news.scotsman.com...

Protestants need to take their heads out of the sand and clean up their own acts before going ballistic about Catholics (unless the real issue is that the Catholics are molesting boys more often and that molesting girls even as young as 4 doesn't count as quite as horrible a crime.)

Mod Edit: Link Truncation.

[edit on 5/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
I find it weird that virtually all the priests have some sort of sex scandal.Why is that so ...

The same feature was observed in divorce cases in the US a few years ago, when the women routinely made such accusations against their husbands. I don't know whether it still happens.

Such accusations are, and have always been, a power play, prior to launching attempts to persecute people and seize property. The emperor Diocletian did something similar in his persecution of the church.

You can easily tell whether the accusations are sincere or not. Is the purpose of the accusation to find and punish the person responsible, or is it an open-ended process aimed at drawing in people not otherwise involved and seizing their property?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
you'd know that word spreads like wildfire. If something happens, just about everyone knows. Now also, please remember that parents who go to church protect their children at all costs. If there's word of any church official having ANY negative involvment with children, that's the last time they ever go. Please stop implying Christians are mindless, you'll lose that argument every time.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Im not sure what church you go to, but my church I grew up with Never had a presit sex scandal our Pastor was an X marine and plenty of kicking your @ss scandals but never one about touching one. Remember in American we only here aboutnews if its bad, if it scares us There no money in showing good things about some of these people who spend there whole lives helping others. NOT ALL PRIESTS are Pedophiles. Just like not all (Place race or Religion here) are (Place StereoType here).

They shouldnt have to be celabate though, I think that goes against Nature but thats a political matter at this point I think.

Now The reptilain thing, lol well now thats just plain silly.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks for all the references. Will check them out. But more and more I'm disgusted by organized religion. They all have deep, dark, disgusting secrets and set no example for any of us who know the difference between right and wrong.

Why do I feel the need to take a shower....I feel all groady now.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Children through history due to their vulnerability has been target to child abusers and predators.

My sister in law was rape when she was 9 by the church pastor, and guess what he never went to jail.

He doesn't preach anymore.

By the way he was married and had children.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think the obvious answer is that every culture and civilization has child abuse and sexual abuse in one form or another. If you look at it from just a United States standpoint, the dominant religion is Christianity, which is what I'm assuming you mean when you use the word "church." So therefore it stands to reason that sexual abuse is going to eventually take place among someone involved in the "church" as a matter of probability and chance. This doesn't necessarily imply causation.

People can make the argument about sexual abuse being more or less common in religious communities (or vice versa), but you have to put some of the blame on the tendencies of the media to be a bit sensationalist. Ask yourself, what's more likely to gather attention as a headline: Local Man Convicted of Molestation, or Local Priest Suspected of Child Abuse?

The occurance of abuse isn't necessarily any higher or lower, but it's much more likely that abuse by a member of said "church" is going to get more national attention.

If you really want to ask an important question, ask yourself why the media prefers to focus on abuse in religious contexts rather than general child abuse.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
hey concept lets take your signature literally. concept.zero But before I do that lets see what the word literal means. faithful, word for word, as close as possible to the orginal, strict. So that means your signature says that your concept is zero. And yes I take if very serious. But the metaphors that I choose to use are just that. The metaphors in the Bible are inspired by God.

the ? was why in churches. I assumed that the question was asked because of all places for bad things to happen, especially sex abuse of a child. In the Bible we are referred to children of God, enter the kingdom of heaven unless we become like a child,etc. Children are known for their innocence. Their minds are trusting, their hearts are trusting, they are an easy target for the devil. What better way for satan to turn us against God, but through churches. And through the children. I tell you he is a snake. But it is true, another eye opener to remind us that evil is all around us, and not even the leaders of churches are without sin.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by karie]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
I find it weird that virtually all the priests have some sort of sex scandal.Why is that so and why are they doing it and therby giving a bad name of christianity.

Well it's mainly black propaganda. The emperor Diocletian started his persecution of the church by asserting how immoral all the Christians were, as an excuse for a bestial persecution. Likewise if you look at the allegations made in the US, you quickly see that the purpose is to attack the church as a whole rather than the perverts responsible, in order to loot its coffers. This places the whole process clearly in the category of the violation of human rights.

But as to why some priests turn out to be perverts -- so do some teachers, and some scoutmasters. It's because the church is comprised of human beings, and relies on its officials to act ethically, as do schools and scout troops. All such have to face malicious allegations; none of them are likely to want to believe that the gifted Mr. Bloggs the Maths teacher is feeling up his pupils. And, prior to the hype of the 90's onwards, most people knew that such people were very few in number indeed.

It is curious, tho, that while abusing a 14 year old boy is grounds for denying Roman Catholics their human rights, it's perfectly OK for sodomite pressure groups here in the UK to demand the age of consent be lowered to 14. That highlights the sincerity of the immoral people involved in all this rather adequately.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Because they can. And without any worries about trouble because they know they will be protected by the hierarchies and by their supposed god. Makes you sick doesn't it? It's amazing what you can get away with when you choose a god as a scapegoat.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
All church people? No. All priests? No.

Having said that, i seriously beleive that some chose or were encouraged by their families to become priests in order to hide some homosexuality or some perversion. I am talking about the older priests. Back then there was no way on earth to come out of the closet so some chose this path. Its unfortunate. Even more unfortunate for the victims.
Celibacy doesnt work forever.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

Because they can. And without any worries about trouble because they know they will be protected by the hierarchies and by their supposed god. Makes you sick doesn't it? It's amazing what you can get away with when you choose a god as a scapegoat.

Does it work? I mean, if a few of us go round to Cameron Diaz' house and um, chat to her, will claiming 'god made me do it' mean we get away with it?

Enquiring minds want to know...

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No it wouldn't work with us mere men...only the puppets larger than us..

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

A) Not ALL of any group do ANYTHING. Not all Christians follow the ten commandments, but they should. Not all Christians are good people, though the bible teaches that they ought to be. To blanket an entire group as pedophiles, gay pedophiles to be exact, is about as close minded and ignorant as I could imagine.

B)Their heirarchies and GOD himself do not protect them. If word gets out, it will get out, hence the news stories. The Catholic church did not only their congregation, but their institution a HUGE disservice when they covered up things and moved their priests who DID abuse children around. They should have been stripped of the cloth and prosecuted.

My guess is that some of these pedophile priests were gay, tried to change themselves with the priesthood and succumbed to things they ABSOLUTELY shouldn't have.

And yes, protestant ministers act innapropriately too. I think it is due to being so close to those they minister to. Their boundries are dropped. I know a minister that his job was counseling those girls(and it seems to be more teenage girls that are preyed upon in the protestant church) that the youth ministers or ministers had acted inappropriately with. Said it was a horrible job and almost made him crazy.

But, having been a church member for 36 years, having gone on many church retreats and also having friends in the Catholic church, I have never known anyone personally to have been molested by the clergy. So, it isn't ALL.

It does happen, but then it happens with atheists, and think about the number of satanists who do horrific things.

I certainly wouldn't say all atheists abuse children, or steal, or whatever, but I know some do

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Its because its alright in Their Book.

The problem is, they don't share the book where it advocated this kind of thing with just any one.

They think they are doing something holy for the child, and for God, and how they can think this is not really important, but only understanding THAT is the mindset of a priest that serially molests boys. He thinks he is doing God's work, as long as they keep quiet, that is.

Only those lucky enough to have experienced God's touch must know about it, those who have not will just tell you that it was not a Godly experience...

Exactly what book is this you're talking about? Please provide some proof to support this claim.

As a Catholic, I lament the scandals. I don't really believe that they have - and are - occuring because of celibacy. I believe that the problem is the lax screening of priests in the 60's and 70's. I also fault some of the church heirarchy for trying to cover things up. There is just too much evidence to deny this.

I will argue that the Catholic Church is taking aggressive action to reform these horrible actions. It is also important to consider precentages. More teachers, doctors, therapists, and other people in postions of authority and trust commit sexual abuse at substantially higher rates. Priests who commit abuse is so ghastly because of the remarkable trust people put in priests.

I am a lifelong Catholic and I love my church. I have known many priests who have been mentors, teachers, concillors, and friends. The men and women who have chosen to live the religious life are some of the kindest and most remarkably humble people I know. I myself have considered priesthood before God called me to another vocation. There is nothing wrong with love and sex - it is a gift that a man and woman joined in the sacrament of matrimony share. The gifts that a priest exchanges for this rival those pleasures. They serve the Lord, they celebrate mass, they become a vessal for God in very real ways.

Unfortunately, sex abuse does happen in the church. The men and women who serve as priests, nuns, and ministers are human, after all. Satan tempts us all, and servants of God are often those most aggressively targeted. To claim that child abuse is doctrinal is disturbing and somewhat offensive. To claim that this is endemic is equally disturbing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join