It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is that all the church people have child sex abuse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I find it weird that virtually all the priests have some sort of sex scandal.Why is that so and why are they doing it and therby giving a bad name of christianity.I hang around in the alien stuff and i think it is the reptilians trying to do so that they can maintain thier human form.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
don't stereotype cmon man.

" reptilians trying to do so that they can maintain thier human form."

You know if you buy into what Icke says then a reptoid can't hold their form if they see human blood. Thus it proves itself wrong because many of the supposed reptoids throughout history would've been in wars and would've seen massive amounts of dead bodies

BUT HEY WHO CARES ABOUT LOGIC?!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Its because its alright in Their Book.

The problem is, they don't share the book where it advocated this kind of thing with just any one.

They think they are doing something holy for the child, and for God, and how they can think this is not really important, but only understanding THAT is the mindset of a priest that serially molests boys. He thinks he is doing God's work, as long as they keep quiet, that is.

Only those lucky enough to have experienced God's touch must know about it, those who have not will just tell you that it was not a Godly experience...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
While I'm personally Atheist, I most certainly wouldn't peg every religious person I know as being some closet pedophile. I think you've grossly overdramaticized and overgeneralized these people.

A better question, however, would be why the administration of the Catholic church apparently found it ethical to pay off and cover up the sex abuse and just move the priests around. I find that highly disgusting, especially of a religion that is supposed to promote peace.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by concept
While I'm personally Atheist, I most certainly wouldn't peg every religious person I know as being some closet pedophile. I think you've grossly overdramaticized and overgeneralized these people.

A better question, however, would be why the administration of the Catholic church apparently found it ethical to pay off and cover up the sex abuse and just move the priests around. I find that highly disgusting, especially of a religion that is supposed to promote peace.

Personally, I think its abnormal to require a man to remain celebate. Isn't this an ideology that came about in the 12th century or something - that's priests couldn't marry. I think it was more about keeping riches and land in the Church then being passed on to sons. I don't think it says anywhere in the bible that a man cannot love God and a woman.

The Catholic church has many dark secrets...too many. Although baptised and confirmed a Catholic, I won't have anything to do with the Church. Actually, I think I'm against all organized religion as they all have things to hide.

Has anyone seen this article from early April, appeared in the National Catholic Reporter. I came across article a couple of days ago and it was the first I'd heard of it:

Vatican asks Condi to help stop sex abuse lawsuits

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Personally, I think its abnormal to require a man to remain celebate. Isn't this an ideology that came about in the 12th century or something - that's priests couldn't marry. I think it was more about keeping riches and land in the Church then being passed on to sons. I don't think it says anywhere in the bible that a man cannot love God and a woman.

Holy Moly, I agree with you Always..............Priests are nothing more than Mortal Men. They may have a holy outlook, however they are just men. Celebate - no man on gods earth could truly be.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
How the H E double hockey stix are ya! Glad we agree on some things!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Buddy!

How the H E double hockey stix are ya! Glad we agree on some things!

Hey What's up my Canadian Friend? Doin' well down here, and I hope you can say the same. I see that you are doing well on the board. Congrats! Now down to the topic - Any and I mean ANY person involved with hurting children - take them out. No if, ands or buts - take them out. Children are the most beautiful thing - hurt one, and I lose all compassion for you. Bottom line - hurt a child, and I will gladly pull the switch...........

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
No need for the legal system, eh, superdude?

seekerof

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No need for the legal system, eh, superdude?

Oh come on now, please tell me that you're kidding. Children - CHILDREN. You see a way - any way that there is a way that may be defended when it comes to hurting children? I've always shown respect for your posts, however, do not EVER pretend that I, in any way show ANY KIND of compassion for those that hurt children! If you'd like to debate the subject I would welcome the challenge. Stay Well, SD.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning

Personally, I think its abnormal to require a man to remain celebate.

There does seem to be some scandel in the catholic church- but like many others have said i wouldnt call all poeple that believe and follow the Catholic faith are perverts.

I also think that i celbate thing is odd, isnt sex meant to be a natural thing?!- but what i find even more odd is that fact that they ban the use of contraception- what about all the unwanted babies ?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
Hey What's up my Canadian Friend?

...Bottom line - hurt a child, and I will gladly pull the switch...........

Not fairing too badly, thanks. The weather's weird - two weeks ago I'm in a summer dress, then it gets cold again. No snow, mind you, but grey, raining and downright fresh. But, on the upside, everything is lovely and green...little changes every day. I love spring!

I hear you totally on children, my friend. That said, I'm still not for the capital punishment. The idea of castration...however kinda gives me the warm fuzzies. Na...I just say throw 'em into the general prison population where they'll get a real warm welcome (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Child abusers usually don't last too long there.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

as posted by superdude
Oh come on now, please tell me that you're kidding. Children - CHILDREN. You see a way - any way that there is a way that may be defended when it comes to hurting children? I've always shown respect for your posts, however, do not EVER pretend that I, in any way show ANY KIND of compassion for those that hurt children! If you'd like to debate the subject I would welcome the challenge.

What you wishing to debating here, superdude?
The death penalty?
The need to circumvent "justice served" because the crime involves a child?
Since when have we become a vigilante society that when a crime involves a child that the legal system should be simply thrown to the side so that you, and perhaps others, can just take the criminal and hang them with out due process?
I have a child on the way, superdude, and have a niece and a nephew. Your arguing with emotion because if you were not, you would not be simply mentioning what you have.

And yet, because I question your stance on this [circumventing the legal system in cases involving children], you wish to inhale and puff your chest and offer debate? You got to be kidding me here.

seekerof

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
I find it weird that virtually all the priests have some sort of sex scandal.

You need to look at the news stories a bit more closely. The percentage is about the same as in any populaiton... perhaps 5%.

What you are NOT paying attention to is the number of Protestant (and other clergy) doing the same thing. Eveyrone's so scandalized because the priest abuse by a few priests involves boys. Nobody seems to shriek and point fingers when it's little girls.

Here's a news flash: some of the abuse involves little girls. And Protestant clergy abuse ALSO involves little boys and teenaged boys. And incest.

Protestant clergy are often simply moved from the church and the matter is hushed up (yes, there are lots of these reports around and lots of ministeres jailed with histories of previous abuse.) I would bet that no religion is immune from it.

Why is that so and why are they doing it and therby giving a bad name of christianity.I hang around in the alien stuff and i think it is the reptilians trying to do so that they can maintain thier human form.

It occurs in all human societies and is not restricted to one religion.

It's a form of sexual deviancy in our society.

HOWEVER ... in some societies it was not considered deviancy and was considered normal sexual practice. In Biblical times (and in the Bible) children as young as 4 years old could be given as wives/concubines/sexual partners.

Reptiles are not involved.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Byrd]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I hear you totally on children, my friend. That said, I'm still not for the capital punishment. The idea of castration...however kinda gives me the warm fuzzies. Na...I just say throw 'em into the general prison population where they'll get a real warm welcome (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Child abusers usually don't last too long there.

Glad to hear that all is well - why don't they just get the death sentence? No ifs, ands or buts? Just take them out immediately. They hurt CHILDREN.
Always - you know how i feel about the death penalty - the problem i have with it, is that it is not used enough - or quick enough. I am a compassionate man, however - if you hurt a child.....forget about it. Hurt a child, and ALL compassion goes out the window. Bottom line IMO - hurt a child - then you should die.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
OK, no way do I believe that all or most or even a significant percentage of priests are involved in child sex abuse or even consentual sex!

I think that statement is offensive and nobody distrusts the RCC more than I.

Having said that, I will say that I had a lot of personal experience as a teen and adolescent with the old "preacher's daughter" thing - several preacher's daughters "took me to school" so to speak.

Not only that, but one preacher's son introduced me to smoking pot.

So, that does not condemn all preists or preachers as anything more than just human and pretty well fitting in with normal demographics.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
that's what we'll have to do. No worries - I still think you're the Dude!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Thank you very much.

IMIO it is part of the conspiracy to discredit Christ to prepare us for the rise of the lawless one.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
IMIO it is part of the conspiracy to discredit Christ to prepare us for the rise of the lawless one.

of course it is. all those thousands of little children must have been lying..

[edit on 1-5-2005 by riley]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
What you are NOT paying attention to is the number of Protestant (and other clergy) doing the same thing. Eveyrone's so scandalized because the priest abuse by a few priests involves boys. Nobody seems to shriek and point fingers when it's little girls.

Here's a news flash: some of the abuse involves little girls. And Protestant clergy abuse ALSO involves little boys and teenaged boys. And incest.

...It's a form of sexual deviancy in our society.

Byrd - this is interesting. And as a matter of fact, you're right. I've never heard about this kind of abuse by Protestant clergy. Its positively creepy. Now what does this say about society when the so-called keepers of morality , whether or not they are "celebate", are pedophiles? What example does this set for the rest of us.

Thanks for bringing this up. Good discussion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join