It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am so psyched about tonight. Is Libby still alive? Is she a Dharma employee?

And I still think Kate is going to mention the medical hatch and the fake beard she found in the locker.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Libby has got to be alive. The producers of the show haven't verified it yet right? They have for Ana though.
We have so much more to learn about Libby, she can't die yet...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
libby is alive!!!

it is confirmed in a clip (from tonight's episode) on abc.com...

plus, if she died, she would have been the only main character to die and not have a flashback...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i have just seen a longer version of the preview for "?" and it shows jack looking around the gun storage room...

then it shows michael pointing a gun at jack...

maybe jack was skeptical of michael's story and was looking for proof that michael is responsible (how he may have came to that conclusion is beyond me) for the shootings...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well........... Libby is dead......

Strange episode.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Well........... Libby is dead......

Strange episode.

very strange episode...

i don't know what to believe anymore...

is it all really an experiment???

or, were the people in the "pearl" hatch just told that so that the "logs" could be sent out to whoever needs them???

very strange indeed...

sad too...

the preview for next week looks crazy (as usual)...

i wonder what the losties see (in the preview)...

and, if i am not mistaken, i didn't seen that scene i posted earlier (about michael pointing a gun a jack)...

maybe it will be next week...

it makes sense because sayid doesn't believe michael...

BTW, is the only hatch we didn't see the "flame"???

let's see:

the swan...

the pearl...

the arrow...

the medical hatch (what's the real name for it???)...

are these the only ones we saw???

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
maybe the pearl is a fake...

how could two people stay in the pearl for three weeks without any great amount of food???

was that one room we saw in the pearl the only room???

and what was on those tables in the pearl, cigarettes???

so, those two people smoked the three weeks away???

very strange...

also, the producers said they killed off libby because:

"Ausiello: Why did you kill off Libby?
Carlton Cuse: We felt like we had run out of story for her."

yeah, sure BS...

but, her story will be revealed next season and even in this finale!!!

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Locke and Echo are very much 'evil twins' of one another (just not evil, just somewhat opposite twins). Also notice that Echo played the part of a preist in this episode, Locke doubted that the button was meaningful, the button was religion for Locke, primtive fetishistic religion that keeps the universe together by performing a rite or ritual. He doubted religion, the preist soothed him and helped him regain his faith.

Locke starts out in a wheel chair, gets his walking ability back, but now is on crutches. Are we going to slowly see him revert back into the wheelchair as the series progresses?

Why exactly was locke in a wheel chair? I think I must've missed that episode, or has it been covered?

I definitly want to see whats on those other TV screens.

TSA, on the 'no facilities' issue, thats a good catch. I don't think we saw everything, but it didn't look like there were any other rooms in there. Maybe the one that is off shift is expected to leave the hatch and go whererever for 8 hours.

I am looking forward to seeing that map in another room, where ever it got sent when Locke threw it in the tub!

But, why the heck did he do that!!!?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why exactly was locke in a wheel chair? I think I must've missed that episode, or has it been covered?

I definitly want to see whats on those other TV screens.

TSA, on the 'no facilities' issue, thats a good catch. I don't think we saw everything, but it didn't look like there were any other rooms in there. Maybe the one that is off shift is expected to leave the hatch and go wherever for 8 hours.

I am looking forward to seeing that map in another room, where ever it got sent when Locke threw it in the tub!

But, why the heck did he do that!!!?

we don't know why locke was in the wheelchair (yet)...

the other TV screens are the other hatches (obviously) but the real question should be:

why was only one able to be turned on (or even better, why did only one screen work)???

and are the cameras able be be moved???

if not, why is the camera in the kitchen and not by the computer where the "task" is???

and, in the new video, marvin "candle," or whatever his name is now, stated that what the people do in the swan (the number protocol to be specific) isn't important to the pearl station...

my reasoning is, it has to be or what is the pearl monitoring!?!?!?

wow, major thinking moments (for us) are made by this show...

i am pretty sure they (well, locke) don't need that map anymore...

was the "?" the pearl, or something else (i didn't catch that)???

by now, that map should be in locke's head...

locke doesn't even care about the swan hatch (or anything dharma) anymore...

maybe he just threw it away...

i wonder if the island is still special to locke anymore???

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i always thought on some level someone could be either listening in on the losties or perhaps watching them, hence why the others knew so much about all of them and so on.

the wierd thing is that the new hatch, the pearl hatch, seemed to be like what the tail section survivors found...completely abandoned. the tail section hatch was wrecked the maternity hatch was abandoned and cleaned out, the pearl hatch looked as though no one had been down there for years.

three hatches abandoned and left... sure seems like whatever experiment is going on has finished. perhaps the people who wear those ragged clothing and no shoes are old dharma workers who were 'laid off' or perhaps they simply didn't want to participate in experiments, and now they spend their time pretty much like the losties.

and confusing and lots of questions to be answered. we're no closer to finding out anything than we were on the very first episode of the first series.

about libby, i think hurley will remember he knows her from the mental institution, and maybe libby will come to him in a dream, like ana did with ecko, and she'll tell him michael killed her.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i think dharma is very active currently...

think about it, the swan hatch was active by a dharma employee, the others (dharma people) took walt, ethan (a dharma employee) took shannon, etc...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
well 'active' as in 3 hatches abandoned...

also when the losties found what seems the only hatch out of the ones we know that's still running, desmond was running the place. did you forget he crashed on the island on his little boat?

what happened to all those recruits in the video we saw jumping up and down like they were training for something. why was the pearl station abandoned... and looked like it had been for many many years.

how's that in any way 'active'? seems like dharma has lost control of the island...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
hope this works I'm trying to post a picture of what Locke saw. The black light picture from while back it may help some people.
having problems posting the pick. But it can be found at

lost.cubit.net...

Its a detail map of what locke saw when the light went out. Blew my mind. Check it out, but don't there looking for answers only new questions will surface.

My new opinion on the island is that there are still people from an earlier experiment on the island (almost but no completely forgotten. I believe they have restarted the experiments to see what effects it has on them.
As for the end of the epi. It looks like the others an going to attack the camp in broad daylight and I'm think Henry escape may be the reason.
Who knows thats why this show is so cool.

A couple of notes though for those who may have missed it.
Spoiler filled
1- The psychic- was the same guy who talked to Claire (season1 about her baby)
2- Libby is comfirmed on the plane when she is seen in Eko flash back.

one question from the epi before last. The women Jack's Dad took Ana to see. Was that Claire's Mom. I have herd rumors since the first season that Jack and Claire may be half brother and sister and when Jacks Dad was demanding to see his daughter from that women she looked and sounded a lot like Claire?.
Anyone else's thought's?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
well 'active' as in 3 hatches abandoned...

also when the losties found what seems the only hatch out of the ones we know that's still running, desmond was running the place. did you forget he crashed on the island on his little boat?

what happened to all those recruits in the video we saw jumping up and down like they were training for something. why was the pearl station abandoned... and looked like it had been for many many years.

how's that in any way 'active'? seems like dharma has lost control of the island...

i am glad we are having this little debate...

i still think that dharma is very active...

yes, i know desmond crashed on the island (if he is even telling the truth, i am beginning to think that he it though), and he kept the hatch alive...

that hatch is active (this hatch can be active by anyone as long as they push the button)...

the medical hatch (whatever the real name of it is) was very active in season one, as seen in clair's flashback, but now it is abandoned for some reason...

the arrow hatch (its purpose is unknown) was abandoned but there were some things found there (the bible with the movie clip in it, a glass eye)...

the pearl was active for an unknown amount of time...

the important thing to know, to fully understand that dharma is active, is that the "others" (the dirty people running around the island) are dharma people (as seen in the medical hatch (think, the fake costumes)...

maybe the dharma people are not using those hatches anymore, but they are surely using other ones (where is walt? another hatch? yes, most likely)...

and where are all the other dharma people that were looking for claire after alex saved her??? (in another hatch maybe)...

my conclusion is that dharma is very active in some hatches (if any)...

their mission, whatever that is, is important to them (because they are doing all that crazy stuff like taking walt and sending fake henry)...

as for where all those dharma recruits in the video are, i know not...

i don't think dharma has lost control of the island...

an interesting thing to know is that dharma is not the center of the mystery on "lost" (based on what the producers / creators say)...

at first, i didn't believe them...

now i do...

maybe dharma tried to harness the island's "power" (or whatever) and failed...

we will have to see...

Originally posted by SpinDropSmile
A couple of notes though for those who may have missed it.
Spoiler filled
1- The psychic- was the same guy who talked to Claire (season1 about her baby)
2- Libby is comfirmed on the plane when she is seen in Eko flash back.

one question from the epi before last. The women Jack's Dad took Ana to see. Was that Claire's Mom. I have herd rumors since the first season that Jack and Claire may be half brother and sister and when Jacks Dad was demanding to see his daughter from that women she looked and sounded a lot like Claire?.
Anyone else's thought's?

yes...

that map is old news though...

it has been debunked...

and, yes, i noticed those two things too...

an interesting thing to be aware of is that libby is related to the family "widmore" (i think that is it)...

if this doesn't ring any bells, think the "widmore" factory in charlie's flashback and the "widmore" pregnancy test that sun used...

and, libby will be in the season finale (in desmond's flashback)...

i heard a theory that claire and jack could be brothers and sisters too...

very interesting...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
here is an interesting article:

J.J. Abrams, Self-Plagiarist...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
interesting info:

The Pearl (lostpedia)...

something noteworthy in that link:

There are nine monitor screens but only seven stations.

Pearl Orientation Video (lostpedia)...

the transcript of the video:

Hello. I am Dr. Mark Wickman and this is your orientation film for station 5 of the *Dharma* Initiative.
Station 5 or, The Pearl, is a monitoring station where the activities of participants in Dharma Initiative projects can be observed and recorded; not only for posterity but for the ongoing refinement of the initiative as a whole.

As Karen DeGroot herself has written "Careful observation is the only key to true and complete awareness".

Your tour of duty in the Pearl will last three weeks and during this time, you and your partner will observe a psychological experiment in progress.

Your duty is to observe team members in another station on the island. These team members are not aware that they are under surveillance or that they are subjects of an experiment.

Working in eight hour shifts you and your partner will record everything you observe in the notebooks we provided. What is the nature of the experiment, you might ask. What do these subjects believe they are accomplishing as they struggle to fulfil their tasks? You, as the observer, don't need to know. All you need to know is that the subjects believe that their job is of the utmost importance. Remember, everything that occurs, no matter how minute or seemingly unimportant must be recorded.

Each time a notebook is filled with the fruits of your dilligent observation, * (?)... one of the containers provided. Then, simply place the container in the pneumatic tube and - presto! It will be transported directly to us.

At the end of your eight hour shift proceed to the Pala Ferry which will take you back to the barracks to prepare for your next * (?) ... on behalf of the DeGroots, Alvar Hanso, and all of us here at the Dharma Initiative - thank you. Namaste and good luck.

(bolded added by me)...

i guess the people in the pearl were viewing the swan hatch only...

but why is there a camera in the pearl???

and, the food issue, is resolved i guess...

at the end of an eight hour shift, the person should go to the "barracks"...

another random question by me:

if this is only a psychological experiment, why pick this island???

something must be important about this place...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
ok, i guess there are only five known hatches as of now:

The Swan...

The Staff...

The Arrow...

The Flame (not visited by losties)...

The Pearl...

there is another "hatch" (i am not sure if that is the right word for it) waiting to be found during the finale episode...

but, the blast door map, may be of use for us...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wonder if the new hatch may be in the water. I'm on another lost forum and it has come up there before (mostly at the start of season 2). judging by the fact that no one has tried to find out why there where wire's in the water (when they were looking for Rousseau) Its all speculation at this point. But just to be a bit of a jerk the pic I was trying to post was the blast door map that was posted right after i was told it has been debunked!
Sorry just didn't want (others ooohhh) to think I'm not paying attention!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpinDropSmile
I wonder if the new hatch may be in the water. I'm on another lost forum and it has come up there before (mostly at the start of season 2). judging by the fact that no one has tried to find out why there where wire's in the water (when they were looking for Rousseau) Its all speculation at this point. But just to be a bit of a jerk the pic I was trying to post was the blast door map that was posted right after i was told it has been debunked!
Sorry just didn't want (others ooohhh) to think I'm not paying attention!

lolol...

no problem man...

anyway, the "pearl" hatch was the one that was speculated to be underwater...

still, the last hatch (maybe even the "flame" one) could be underwater...

i am sure that dr. candle is connected to the "flame" hatch (because of all his aliases)...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join