It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Any "Lost" watchers out there? I really enjoy the show, and have a few thoughts on what the whole deal is with the island, especially after finding the whole hatch in the ground thing. Aliens maybe on the island? Are they all dead and don't know it?

Any thoughts?

[edit on 10-2-2006 by John bull 1]

For discussion on The “Lost Experience" game please see this thread.
The Official "The Lost Experience" Thread...

“LOST” Collaborative fan fiction.

Thanks,
Umbrax

[edit on 30/5/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hi Mpeake, I just love this show too. It reminds me a lot of the old TV series Land of the Lost. But in a newer version of course. The monster I think could be a dinosaur or a giant?? I guess will have to wait and see. And what about the "Others" on the island? The hatch, i'm not to sure of. I though of aliens to, but I think they did find a goverment logo of some sort on the side of it?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I had thought for the longest time that it was actually just a tv show, like they put the people on the island with cameras all around, but when people died (totally forgot people died in the beginning) I discarded that idea

How far is it for everyone? Cause I know us in America are much farther along than those in the UK...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I love the show, it has a great storyline.
The mystery of the island is vague, they haven't revealed much but they have thrown in quite a few really interesting clues, the hatch, the Others, voices, the monster, cursed numbers... the show can go in many different directions. That should keep it going for a few seasons

The characters are all very good. I like the way the whole thing goes, how they show their lives before the plane crash in flashbacks, how everything is connected.

My fav character is Locke. That dude is just crazy

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I love this show. I just whish they would knock it off with the reruns already. I am glad that this Wed. is a new one though. Cant wait to see what kind of curve ball they are going to throw this time.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
My fav character is Locke. That dude is just crazy

Mine too! I just don't like the previews for the next episode. I sure hope they don't kill him off...that would be a big mistake for ratings!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I agree, killing of Lock would be a big mistake. He is the only one who has wilderness training. I wonder where he learned it all. Military perhaps? Or just a natural?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthmagick12
I agree, killing of Lock would be a big mistake. He is the only one who has wilderness training. I wonder where he learned it all. Military perhaps? Or just a natural?

Spoiler if you havn't seen the episoid:

He was trained by his real dad. He was adopted or something and finally met his real dad one day, his dad died or something, but while he was hanging out with his dad he taught Locke how to hunt. Cause I think it was after he found out his dad died that he got in a car accident, I guess he went to visit his dad and found out he had died then he was driving back with his hands not on the wheel and crashed or something...at least I think thats what it said in the second flash back for him

I heard somewhere that there will be an episoid thats like in the eyes of the dog...or it had flash backs for the dog, I guess tells you more about Michael and his kid -shrugs- I dont know, I think that might just be a rumor...

I loved Boone...he was/is HOT!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Reikuro, Yes I saw the episode you are referring to. But I thought his dad just trained him to hunt. I guess he also trained him wilderness survival to.

About Michael and his son. Did you see the show when his son was living with his mom and step dad? The kid was doing his homework on birds. He was angry about something and a bird hit there glass door. The step dad wigged out. I'm not sure, but it looks like Michael son may have some sort of power or something. Oh and I think his son did get his dog on that episode too. I liked Boone also. Kinda surprised they killed him off?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I think while teaching him how to hunt they helped with that

LOST is on right now but its a commercial
I hate the 20 min max of commercials they are allowed

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I am anxious to see what is up with that little boy. I remember in that episode where the bird flew into the window, his step dad was trying to tell his mom or someone that there was something really weird about the kid and how odd things happen when he is around. I am glad Lock lived. I too wonder how he came up with all his "talents". All he and his dad did was hunt birds. He seems to have a lot of info in his brain. The one thing that still has me curious is that secretive phone call he got when he was a desk jockey. What was up with that?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm just glad that finally, everyone else gets to know about the hatch.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They ARE on a show, and when people started dieing the tv show was canceled, and to make sure no one found out they were left to die! My theory anyways..... ok show, to many repeats.:bnghd:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
They ARE on a show, and when people started dieing the tv show was canceled, and to make sure no one found out they were left to die! My theory anyways..... ok show, to many repeats.:bnghd:

No, if it was a TV show they would do something about the killings, they wouldn't just leave em there, people would get suspisious (Gah...I can never spell that word)

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I agree too Locke is the best character in the show....as for that Kate person I find her the most boring.

As for Locke did it ever actually show you how he lost the use of his legs?

I know he had that donor op. and went a bit mental in his car, but it didn't ever show him being in an accident, bar that woman hitting him slightly with her car. (And that was before the op anyway)

As for the hatch....I'm sure we will all find out, the new season 2 episode is being shown tonight!

(Not on tv though, at some special Lost evening in Hawaii)

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've gotten hooked on the show over the Summer. The first season is now out on DVD by the way (quick!), so gotta get that to see the one or two I missed.

An absolutely addictive show...

I feel the boy is the key to it all. Something about the way his thoughts manifest into reality, like the bird at the glass (while he was reading a book on birds), the polar bear (when he read the comic), etc.

Locke is another key figure (can now walk, when was crippled, says he's seen the "heart" of the island). Maybe it's something like a place where people can simply be what they want to be, where thought manifests into reality, etc. Maybe it's a Purgatory of some sort... Most walked away from the plane crash without more than some scratches....something is up with that...

I'm thinking the hatch leads to some kind of bio-research facility, kind of like Dulce stories, but on an island. Maybe some kind of drug/toxin that manifests reality from imagination, etc. (which is what killed the French chick's people perhaps?).

The Black Rock ship was pretty interesting though, and possibly the source for the "others"? Perhaps aging isn't an issue on the island? (another point for the Purgatory idea, though the birth of the child seems to counter that one....)

Guess we'll learn a little bit more after the premiere episode....

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, looks like the biosphere theory is sound...and a cast member is added... Wonder what will happen with this angle?

And what's with blondie seein' the kid in the jungle? We're heading into weirdsville....

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There's supposed to be at least one more cast member added soon. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week. I still wanna know about the numbers though darnit! :bnghd:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i watched the first episode (of the second episode) last night...

i plan on watching this show this season...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
some one once told me that the people are all dead and the island is like limbo with the "others" being guardians to stop the survivors from leaving That monster could be aa beast like cerberus

Theories aside i like Hurley the most some of the best lines said by him

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join