It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France bans female muslim students from wearing abayas in state schools

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.france24.com...

Macron says schools will be 'intractable' in enforcing abaya ban.

French students won’t get past the door if they show up for school wearing long robes, President Emmanuel Macron made clear Friday, saying authorities would be “intractable” in enforcing a new rule when classes resume next week.

French Education Minister Gabriel Attal announced at a news conference four days ago that robes worn mainly by Muslims, known as abayas for girls and women and khamis for boys and men, would be banned with the start of the new school year on Monday.

Macron addressed the dress code for the first publicly after visiting a professional school in the Vaucluse region of southern France

“We know there will be cases” of students testing the rule, the president said, including ones trying to “defy the republican system.” Macron said they would not be able to slip into class, stressing that “we will be intractable on the subject.”

The education minister described girls and boys wearing the robes in junior high and high school as “an infringement on secularism,” a foundational principle for France. He accused some students of using the traditional attire to try to destabilize schools.

For the record France has banned completely full-face coverings in all public places such as the burka and niqab since 2010. Anyone who violates the law must have to pay a fine of €150

I note the reason for the latest bans, wearing these long robes is an infringement on secularism! The French President said that some students would like to test the system and defy the Republic. I think most French non-Muslim citizens probably believe Islam is incompatible with the Western values and ideals. Same is true here in the US.

One more thing...Vive la France!!

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The French ban on face covering (French: LOI n° 2010-1192: Loi interdisant la dissimulation du visage dans l'espace public, "Law of 2010-1192: Act prohibiting concealment of the face in public space") is an act of parliament passed by the Senate of France on 14 September 2010, resulting in the ban on the wearing of face-covering headgear, including masks, helmets, balaclavas, niqābs and other veils covering the face in public places, except under specified circumstances.

As of 11 April 2011, it was illegal to wear a face-covering veil or other masks in public spaces. Veils, scarves, and other headwear that do not cover the face are unaffected by this law. The law imposes a fine of up to €150, and/or participation in citizenship education, for those who violate the law. The bill also penalises, with a fine of €30,000 and one year in prison, anyone who forces (by violence, threats, or abuse of power) another to wear face coverings; these penalties may be doubled if the victim is under the age of 18.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Islam isn’t a religion it’s a political ideology that should be banned entirely everywhere yet somehow is embraced by American liberals even though everything Islam stands for is diametrically opposed to everything American liberalism stands for… aside from the oppression of anything that does not adhere to their beliefs…
edit on 2-9-2023 by SwissMarked because: 🖕🏾💩🖕🏾

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

Wow that was something to say. Despite the fact that Islam is the world's second largest religion.
And then went on to say it should be banned.....
Sometimes it's best not to speak.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

Go ahead and tell me what good has come from Islam… what has it contributed to the world… I’ll wait…

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked

Go ahead and tell me what good has come from Islam… what has it contributed to the world… I’ll wait…

Nothing

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm not even slightly conflicted on this.
How do you tell if someone is fallowing Islam, the 'Religion of Peace' or radical Islam, which calls for martyrdom and mass death of all 'infidels' who don't subscribe to their views?

You don't. I guess the schools could strip-search all students wearing robes to ensure they're not radicalized and wearing an incendiary belt. Or, you could save a ton of money, time and effort by implementing a reasonable dress code.

Refusing to be proactive until our worst fears come true happens far too often.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It absolutely should be banned since it is a time tested fact that Muslims simply cannot separate church and state. They regularly arrest and kill women who report rape, children as young as infants are killed while being penetrated on their wedding nights, they push people with Down’s syndrome or homosexuals off of roofs and this is true for the far majority, not just radicals. Over sixty percent are for these practices. It is medieval and they are lacking any sense of common sense and scrutiny. They CANNOT be brought into the west after all the Bs they have done already to their hellish nations.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
Nothing

Same as Christianity.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk banned Fez hats in Turkey in 1925 because of the fez’s connection to the Ottoman Empire.
www.hatrealm.com...

So France is secular by law.
Turkey, which was also secular by law, banned much traditional Islamic stuff. Islam did not disappear.

If cross-wearing was banned anywhere, would Christianity disappear? I think not.
Russian Orthodox Church outlived USSR.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: AlienBorg
Nothing

Same as Christianity.

“Christianity” has given us arts… literature… the United States Constitution… advances in medicine and science… and on and on throughout history despite some of the horrors that have also been carried out under its guise… again… name what positive things Islam has given us… I’ll wait…

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Arrive at school with the robe tucked into the pants, or tied around the waist.

Problems solved.

edit on 9/3/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I mean at first I'm like good, but then I think about it, the open secular view point which supposedly accepts all, and the fact I admire Muslim conservatism, their pro family unit, anti alcohol, drugs, their close knit community, traditional male and female roles, hospitality, anti woke, anti rainbow culture.

The globalists don't want any conservative religion as they want woke "individuals" with blue hair, tattoos and piercing, who don't want kids who are then are able to spend more as a globalist consumer.

To me yes I think the extreme full burka definitely should be banned. But the abayas where you can see her face? what's the problem, I think this is more about breaking up traditional conservative members of French society.

By the way, Catholicism also had almost identical traditions and values. These practices are not actually solely Muslim, they are Abrahamic, Medieval catholic women also couldn't go out the house without husband or male family member, and had to cover their hair.

But western values traditions have been lost. Now it's the Muslims turn I guess.
edit on VSundayam03330933Sun, 03 Sep 2023 00:33:27 -0500rd by VladimirS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   

again… name what positive things Islam has given us… I’ll wait…

I will,

we use Islamic Numbers - 0123456789 are Islamic. Surgery, Hospitals, Coffee drinking, theory of Flight, Modern Sciences, universities, Optics, Algebra, Cleanliness, Medicine, Astronomy, Windmills, hygiene and cleanliness, Pharmacology, Architecture, rotary and linear motion engineering, art, literature, law, medieval castle architecture, chivalry, hospitality, cartography, advanced culinary skills, distillation,

edit on VSundayam03040904Sun, 03 Sep 2023 01:04:24 -0500rd by VladimirS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You are getting islam confused with Wokeism.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: VladimirS

I will,

we use Islamic Numbers - 0123456789 are Islamic. Surgery, Hospitals, Coffee drinking, theory of Flight, Modern Sciences, universities, Optics, Algebra, Cleanliness, Medicine, Astronomy, Windmills, hygiene and cleanliness, Pharmacology, Architecture, rotary and linear motion engineering, art, literature, law, medieval castle architecture, chivalry, hospitality, cartography, advanced culinary skills, distillation,

They are, shall we say, regional/cultural inventions, all from long before islam.
The middle east was very advanced once, but that changed as soon as islam was introduced.

Islam isn't a religion at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I will,

Yup, the golden age of islam kept maths and science alive when Europe was in the dark ages. The advancement of mathematics under it is incredible.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Wow that was something to say. Despite the fact that Islam is the world's second largest religion.

As SwissMarked rightly pointed out, it isn't a religion, it is a radical political ideology that encourages murdering anyone who would dare to burn a Koran or mock their false deity in a cartoon.

And then went on to say it should be banned.

Banned? No, but it should be declared a Terrorist Organization.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

I will,

They are, shall we say, regional/cultural inventions, all from long before islam.
The middle east was very advanced once, but that changed as soon as islam was introduced.

Islam isn't a religion at all.

Primarily all these inventions and developments are attributed to the ancient Greeks, Romans, Persians, and Babylonians. With major contributions by the Greeks.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
Islam isn’t a religion it’s a political ideology that should be banned entirely everywhere yet somehow is embraced by American liberals even though everything Islam stands for is diametrically opposed to everything American liberalism stands for… aside from the oppression of anything that does not adhere to their beliefs…

Islam is a major political ideology and one of the three main Abrahamic religions borrowing most of their ideas from Christianity, Judaism, local Arab traditions, Zoroastrianism. But the evolution of the religion into a very radical ideology makes it incompatible with modern days views and Western democracies/systems.
edit on 3-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join