It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France bans female muslim students from wearing abayas in state schools

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: AlienBorg
Nothing

Same as Christianity.

“Christianity” has given us arts… literature… the United States Constitution… advances in medicine and science… and on and on throughout history despite some of the horrors that have also been carried out under its guise… again… name what positive things Islam has given us… I’ll wait…

I take it your not a history major? Just off the tp of my head, I say they gave us coffee which was used by suffies for late night devotion. Then surgery was brought into the west by Muslims in the 1st century including the use of cat gut for sutures. Then there is algebra sounds kind of muslim doesnt it?

1st hospital Muslim in fact banking was also muslim Abbasids of bagdad created a banking system allowing people to take out money at any branch. The word check has arabic origins.

Then there was bookmaking and calligraphy Most of the books found in Europe were made by muslims often from Greek texts. They were known for bookmaking and acquiring knowledge this was called the Islamic golden age. in fact they preserved any Greek texts that would have been lost such as the Illiad. While we are on the subject of books guess who invented libraries?

I can keep going but you get the idea your statement was kind of dumb.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

It absolutely should be banned since it is a time tested fact that Muslims simply cannot separate church and state. They regularly arrest and kill women who report rape, children as young as infants are killed while being penetrated on their wedding nights, they push people with Down’s syndrome or homosexuals off of roofs and this is true for the far majority, not just radicals. Over sixty percent are for these practices. It is medieval and they are lacking any sense of common sense and scrutiny. They CANNOT be brought into the west after all the Bs they have done already to their hellish nations.

Only very few countries that are Islamic have tried to separate religion from the state. Turkey is one such country but Islam is still a major player in politics, military, and social issues. Other countries such as Indonesia for example or Malaysia are semi-secular just as Turkey above. But there can be no comparison for example between Malaysia and Iran.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry
a reply to: SwissMarked

Wow that was something to say. Despite the fact that Islam is the world's second largest religion.

As SwissMarked rightly pointed out, it isn't a religion, it is a radical political ideology that encourages murdering anyone who would dare to burn a Koran or mock their false deity in a cartoon.

And then went on to say it should be banned.

Banned? No, but it should be declared a Terrorist Organization.

The correct decision by France to ban all full-face coverings from public places, schools, and elsewhere. Together with the recent banning of long robes and whatever else is deemed incompatible with the principles and values of modern society.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: VladimirS
a reply to: SwissMarked

again… name what positive things Islam has given us… I’ll wait…

I will,

we use Islamic Numbers - 0123456789 are Islamic. Surgery, Hospitals, Coffee drinking, theory of Flight, Modern Sciences, universities, Optics, Algebra, Cleanliness, Medicine, Astronomy, Windmills, hygiene and cleanliness, Pharmacology, Architecture, rotary and linear motion engineering, art, literature, law, medieval castle architecture, chivalry, hospitality, cartography, advanced culinary skills, distillation,

Yup, the golden age of islam kept maths and science alive when Europe was in the dark ages. The advancement of mathematics under it is incredible.

Great let’s let them take us back to the dark ages

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   
From an article:

The government spokesperson, Olivier Véran, said the abaya was “obviously” a religious garment and “a political attack, a political sign” that he saw as an act of “proselytising” or trying to convert to Islam.

Condemned as a religious garment meant for political purposes. At least France isn’t afraid to call it what it is.

In the US we would have to have 13 congressional inquiries, multiple judges supporting or striking it down, a woke brigade of dillwads burning somehow down to prove some biased point, and Biden bumbling through a speech about it and still nothing would be done.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Islam isn't a religion at all.

It's a cancer.
I feel sorry for those infected with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I would also like to add that Christianity didn't give us the United States constitution.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

I see this as simply a cultural war. What a female decides to wear to school and how much of her body she chooses to show is up to her. France tried this already when they tried to ban Muslim women from wearing burkinis. They lost that court case as French courts decided a woman can decide what she wears to the beach.

The bottom line is if France wants to stop muslims they need to stop them from entering the country. And stop playing these culture wars games. But here is the key They can claim they are not against Muslims entering the country but then try to make it as difficult as possible for them to live there. I figure this means they will just start wearing long dresses Then I guess France will have to force students to wear fewer clothes maybe bikinis are they going to demand mini skirts? Seems very authoritarian to me trying to demand everyone conform to one model.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I would also like to add that Christianity didn't give us the United States constitution.

Off topic conversations...

Anything to say about the recent ban in France?

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
During the war, when Middle East men were raping young boys and US soldiers pushed back, the left cried that it was their country, their culture, their rules.

This is France. Their culture, their country, their rules.

*shrugs*

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The bottom line is if France wants to stop muslims they need to stop them from entering the country.

Kinda too late for that.
5 Million Muslims in France

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
From an article:

The government spokesperson, Olivier Véran, said the abaya was “obviously” a religious garment and “a political attack, a political sign” that he saw as an act of “proselytising” or trying to convert to Islam.

Condemned as a religious garment meant for political purposes. At least France isn’t afraid to call it what it is.

In the US we would have to have 13 congressional inquiries, multiple judges supporting or striking it down, a woke brigade of dillwads burning somehow down to prove some biased point, and Biden bumbling through a speech about it and still nothing would be done.

Precisely!

Or in a few words, this type of clothing that requires covering of the whole body are religious and political in origin but incompatible with the modern day values of the Republic of France.

Straight forward and to the point.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   

A step in the right direction. All of that garb females are forced to wear is degrading and opressive.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Primarily all these inventions and developments are attributed to the ancient Greeks, Romans, Persians, and Babylonians. With major contributions by the Greeks.

A large portion of Greek Philosophy is only available to us now because Muslims preserved it whereas Western Christianity burned it for being heretical.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

Go ahead and tell me what good has come from Islam… what has it contributed to the world… I’ll wait…

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: AlienBorg

Primarily all these inventions and developments are attributed to the ancient Greeks, Romans, Persians, and Babylonians. With major contributions by the Greeks.

A large portion of Greek Philosophy is only available to us now because Muslims preserved it whereas Western Christianity burned it for being heretical.

Partly true in terms of your first part as the Golden Age of Islam relied upon the Greek Philosophy and Science. But Islam became what we know today, a backward anachronistic dangerous political ideology of the worst kind.

Christianity had a range of responses to the Greek Philosophy and the Classical times. It has borrowed many ideas and views and also relied on them regardless of the dark ages and the various inquisitions in Europe. The entire renaissance period relied on the classical times with the support of much of the Church, despite the official politics the Christian Church was part of the reformations in Europe.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

A step in the right direction. All of that garb females are forced to wear is degrading and opressive.

That's true.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The bottom line is if France wants to stop muslims they need to stop them from entering the country.

Kinda too late for that.
5 Million Muslims in France

The problem Europe has at the moment it's indeed the influx of a large number of migrants who cannot integrate in societies alien to them. On the top of this a lot of Muslims think Islam is the future of Europe.

Many will probably think the same here, but they're mistaken.

One thing about Islam, they're are not very enthusiastic... about the trans ideology and the LGBTQ+ propaganda

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Stopthebull

I think you missed the point. The Dark Ages occured in Europe, we'd still be in them if Islamic scholars hadn't kept maths alive and invented our modern numerical system, algebra, theoretical maths etc..I'm not a fan of Islam but the earlier posters claim it has produced nothing positive is clearly false.

On topic I do think full face veils should be banned in most public spheres.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: Stopthebull

I think you missed the point. The Dark Ages occured in Europe, we'd still be in them if Islamic scholars hadn't kept maths alive and invented our modern numerical system, algebra, theoretical maths etc..I'm not a fan of Islam but the earlier posters claim it has produced nothing positive is clearly false.

On topic I do think full face veils should be banned in most public spheres.

I don't think you should be crediting Islam with advancements in science, philosophy, art, and other areas. Islam is a 7th century ideology and has remained this way until now the 21st century.

Of course full face veils and long coverings should be banned as they're not compatible with the way western societies view women.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join