It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina bans sex change surgery for minors after GOP overrides Dem governor’s veto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

The oath book in court etc. if no swearing takes place or disavowing the oath; Then whatever that is? Is the affirmation. Like; Do you see what I am pointing at? If there is any action towards it's recognition? Then it is said to be then "affirmed".

It's a stupid rite of saying "Justice is bind."

Edit to add: In Asia they throw a shoe if it hits the person? Then it's affirmed.
edit on 18-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: clarity sp

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot

The oath book in court etc. if no swearing takes place or disavowing the oath; Then whatever that is? Is the affirmation. Like; Do you see what I am pointing at? If there is any action towards it's recognition? Then it is said to be then "affirmed".

It's a stupid rite of saying "Justice is bind."

Edit to add: In Asia they throw a shoe if it hits the person? Then it's affirmed.

Is not just idiotic but is made on purpose. It's more of a training exercise where you get familiar with new 'vocabulary' and new ideologies.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
www.foxnews.com...

North Carolina has banned sex change surgeries and related care for minors after Republican lawmakers overrode Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper's opposition.

GOP supermajorities in the state's House and Senate on Wednesday enacted a bill barring medical professionals from providing hormone therapy, puberty-blocking drugs and surgical sex change procedures to anyone under 18, with limited exceptions.

The law takes effect immediately. But minors who had begun treatment before Aug. 1 may continue receiving that care if their doctors deem it medically necessary and their parents consent.

The Senate voted 27-18 to complete the veto override after the House voted 74-45 earlier. Two House Democrats joined all present Republicans in supporting the override bid.

100% agree with the ban on 'sex change' surgeries for minors and barring medical professionals from providing all types of 'gender affirming care' including puberty blockers, hormones, and surgery where body parts are mutilated.

In addition to the above the Senate and House voted to override the Governor's veto of another bill banning transgender girls from playing on girls' sport teams from middle and high school through college, and also voted to override the Governor's veto on a bill limiting LGBTQ+ instruction in the early grades.

Children must be protected from political indoctrination and from a range of very harmful medical interventions that can never result in changing biological sex. Great to see 'transgender' girls (boys) been excluded from participating in girls' teams and girls' competitions.

apnews.com...

www.cnn.com...

The left wing media are talking about bills targeting transgender youth which is entirely expectable but they don't seem to make any cogent arguments as usual.

Can I just ask WHY? This a huge consequences for a very small numbers of families. Shouldn't the families with child gender concerns be able to make their own decisions? How is this hurting you or the community?

I understand many of the issues in community settings but don't understand this as it affects families.

Even the actual community issues are so limited, a minuscule portion of people of all ages. Should not those involved communities be allowed to work out the practical side of Transgenderism on their own.

This fear mongering, the best antidote to fear is knowledge.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

www.foxnews.com...

North Carolina has banned sex change surgeries and related care for minors after Republican lawmakers overrode Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper's opposition.

GOP supermajorities in the state's House and Senate on Wednesday enacted a bill barring medical professionals from providing hormone therapy, puberty-blocking drugs and surgical sex change procedures to anyone under 18, with limited exceptions.

The law takes effect immediately. But minors who had begun treatment before Aug. 1 may continue receiving that care if their doctors deem it medically necessary and their parents consent.

The Senate voted 27-18 to complete the veto override after the House voted 74-45 earlier. Two House Democrats joined all present Republicans in supporting the override bid.

100% agree with the ban on 'sex change' surgeries for minors and barring medical professionals from providing all types of 'gender affirming care' including puberty blockers, hormones, and surgery where body parts are mutilated.

In addition to the above the Senate and House voted to override the Governor's veto of another bill banning transgender girls from playing on girls' sport teams from middle and high school through college, and also voted to override the Governor's veto on a bill limiting LGBTQ+ instruction in the early grades.

Children must be protected from political indoctrination and from a range of very harmful medical interventions that can never result in changing biological sex. Great to see 'transgender' girls (boys) been excluded from participating in girls' teams and girls' competitions.

apnews.com...

www.cnn.com...

The left wing media are talking about bills targeting transgender youth which is entirely expectable but they don't seem to make any cogent arguments as usual.

Can I just ask WHY? This a huge consequences for a very small numbers of families. Shouldn't the families with child gender concerns be able to make their own decisions? How is this hurting you or the community?

I understand many of the issues in community settings but don't understand this as it affects families.

Even the actual community issues are so limited, a minuscule portion of people of all ages. Should not those involved communities be allowed to work out the practical side of Transgenderism on their own.

It doesn't have huge negative consequences as you described in your reply.

The opposite is true, it protects a number of children from hormones, drugs, and surgeries. All of which are very harmful to them.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

apnews.com...

www.cnn.com...

Knowledge exists and there is plenty of it.
It's conclusive at this point, gender ideology is baseless and its claims are fictitious and delusional.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

What starts out as small can spread VERY quickly.

But here is the REAL problem - it won't in all practical purposes be between the parent, child, and doctor.

If a parent refuses what a doctor's believes to be "medically necessary" it extremely easy for the State to take custody and then charge the parent(s) with neglect.

A child/teenager lacks to capacity to make a decision like this so it's really going to come down to a person with a three year degree who just may have their own issues.

This happens with cancer treatments and all sorts of illnesses. But when you are talking psychological issues - the long-term results are hard to measure and a risk/benefit analysis is almost impossible to do. You can't open up that door.
edit on August 18th 2023 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Can I just ask WHY? This a huge consequences for a very small numbers of families.

Exactly WHAT are the consequences?

The child's appearance can't be altered until 18?
On the other hand, the risk is the child will never be able to have children and will permanently have body parts removed.

Which one is a higher risk?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   

no thanks

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   

no thanks

??

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

apnews.com...

www.cnn.com...

It's conclusive at this point, gender ideology is baseless and its claims are fictitious and delusional.

Care to provide facts? Anything ....

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 03:12 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

apnews.com...

www.cnn.com...

Care to provide facts? Anything ....

Speaking of facts how factual is gender ideology and transgenderism?!?!

You forgot where the burden of proof is.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I've been written into government stuff before without my consent or knowing that they had; All that experience has just left a bitter taste in my mouth meaning I don't want anything to do with it. Recently offered full clemency as a last ditch effort on their part and I turned it down.

End of story

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It's baseless because the logic is baseless. Gender ideology is different from transgender.

Do people exist who want to look and be thought of as a different gender than their biological gender - yes.

This is VERY different from taking the term woman/men and redefining them based on feelings. And not only the private social usage but legal usage too.

Take allowing a biological man to expose his private part in a women's locker room because he states he feels like a woman - show me a study that supports this is good for society? You might get a few studies showing it makes a few men feel bad but how many women does it make "feel" bad? How many rapes result?

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm in NC now, people are Based

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

It's baseless because the logic is baseless. Gender ideology is different from transgender.

Do people exist who want to look and be thought of as a different gender than their biological gender - yes.

This is VERY different from taking the term woman/men and redefining them based on feelings. And not only the private social usage but legal usage too.

Take allowing a biological man to expose his private part in a women's locker room because he states he feels like a woman - show me a study that supports this is good for society? You might get a few studies showing it makes a few men feel bad but how many women does it make "feel" bad? How many rapes result?

There is a name for it and it's called transvestites. Very well known and present in the past decades without causing any problems or controversies. These people knew who they were and were happy dressing and behaving as if they were the opposite gender. They didn't made unreasonable and ridiculous demands.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I've been written into government stuff before without my consent or knowing that they had; All that experience has just left a bitter taste in my mouth meaning I don't want anything to do with it. Recently offered full clemency as a last ditch effort on their part and I turned it down.

End of story

Still is not clear what your story is.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It's not really important; People knowing me of good character when they get in trouble implicate me in their prayers for justice etc even written me in on ballots thinking Id want to be a politician I was even arrested once as an educational being last one born in the county in my age group that had never been arrested and needed to be processed in the system for their records and new technologies; it was educational but nothing id ever care to visit again for any reason or even support and it has made me so tired of that brothers keeper and oathing nonsense as good faith and profiling etc. that I've just become a hermit that wants to be left alone... not to mention is when people constantly sought my council for advice or used me as no I was with him instead of where they actually were etc. I mean it's silly and I don't know why any one has to keep being made subject of a system when they are not the direct cause for being in contact with it.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

There is a lengthy discussion in another thread, that you may or may not have seen. Much has been posted but I will link to one of mine from last night. Though throughout the thread, I believe you can find interesting information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Transgender youth in North Carolina lost access Wednesday to gender-affirming medical treatments after the Republican-led General Assembly overrode the governor's vetoes of that legislation and other bills touching on gender in sports and LGBTQ+ instruction in the classroom.

apnews.com...#:~:text=RALEIGH%2C%20N.C.,LGBTQ%2B%20 instruction%20in%20the%20classroom.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join