It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina bans sex change surgery for minors after GOP overrides Dem governor’s veto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

North Carolina has banned sex change surgeries and related care for minors after Republican lawmakers overrode Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper's opposition.

GOP supermajorities in the state's House and Senate on Wednesday enacted a bill barring medical professionals from providing hormone therapy, puberty-blocking drugs and surgical sex change procedures to anyone under 18, with limited exceptions.

The law takes effect immediately. But minors who had begun treatment before Aug. 1 may continue receiving that care if their doctors deem it medically necessary and their parents consent.

The Senate voted 27-18 to complete the veto override after the House voted 74-45 earlier. Two House Democrats joined all present Republicans in supporting the override bid.

100% agree with the ban on 'sex change' surgeries for minors and barring medical professionals from providing all types of 'gender affirming care' including puberty blockers, hormones, and surgery where body parts are mutilated.

In addition to the above the Senate and House voted to override the Governor's veto of another bill banning transgender girls from playing on girls' sport teams from middle and high school through college, and also voted to override the Governor's veto on a bill limiting LGBTQ+ instruction in the early grades.

Children must be protected from political indoctrination and from a range of very harmful medical interventions that can never result in changing biological sex. Great to see 'transgender' girls (boys) been excluded from participating in girls' teams and girls' competitions.

apnews.com...

www.cnn.com...

The left wing media are talking about bills targeting transgender youth which is entirely expectable but they don't seem to make any cogent arguments as usual.

edit on 17-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Two House Democrats joined all present Republicans in supporting the override bid.

Great to see this too!

More democrats are needed, and there are many, who shouldn't follow party lines, but vote to protect kids from political indoctrination, brainwash, and harmful medical procedures.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Children must be protected from political indoctrination and from a range of very harmful medical interventions that can never result in changing biological sex.

Two House Democrats joined all present Republicans in supporting the override bid.

Only two house Dems voted this crazy b.s. down? Children must be protected from Democrats.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Children must be protected from political indoctrination and from a range of very harmful medical interventions that can never result in changing biological sex.

Only two house Dems voted this crazy b.s. down? Children must be protected from Democrats.

Other democrats unfortunately follow party lines. It can't be they don't see how crazy the whole thing is. But you're right as they put their interests and their party interests above the rights and interests of citizens and especially children.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Other democrats unfortunately follow party lines. It can't be they don't see how crazy the whole thing is. But you're right as they put their interests and their party interests above the rights and interests of citizens and especially children.

There could be a few Dems that vote the party line for fear of being ostracized by the other Dems but I believe that most of them think minors should be able to change sexes.
This isn’t just a North Carolina problem, it’s a problem across the entire country.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

States that enact this BS need to be emptied of children. I'm dead serious at this point. If you're still in California with children, WTF ARE YOU DOING???

It's time to GTFO folks.

edit on 8/17/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

There could be a few Dems that vote the party line for fear of being ostracized by the other Dems but I believe that most of them think minors should be able to change sexes.
This isn’t just a North Carolina problem, it’s a problem across the entire country.

Partly you're right. There are many democrats who think 'sex change' is vital for the health of minors or even for adults but I think many others follow party lines. It can't be they don't see what's going on. I know it's a problem everywhere in the country. They're complicit either way.
edit on 17-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: AlienBorg

States that enact this BS need to be emptied of children. I'm dead serious at this point. If you're still in California with children, WTF ARE YOU DOING???

It's time to GTFO folks.

California has a lot of laws protecting gender ideology and the trans lobby instead of protecting kids from political indoctrination and harmful 'gender affirming care'.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   
kids under eighteen do not have fully developed minds yet and they or their parents should not be altering their sex. It should be illegal. If someone is over eighteen and has the right to vote or go into the military, they should be able to make that decision, but if they do, they should have to take on the tab for the treatment themselves, other insurance policy holders or the government's tax money should not be used to pay for this sex change at all. Why should a person have to pay another person's costs of having surgery that is not necessary to cure a physical illness. I spend enough already for insurance premiums and don't want to have the cost go up because someone wants to change their sex.

Not all guys are masculine, some are kind of feminine, and there are variations in women too, some are tomboys. I have no problem with people being gay as long as they act normal, some are way to mushy about things, it is like they are mimicking overnice and super compassionate people on tv shows. I don't even think it is appropriate behavior for a straight couple to carry on in public like that. There is a time and place to show passion in a relationship.

That is my opinion, I know quite a few gay and lesbians, they do not act like they do in movies and tv shows, they are normal acting mostly, but there are a few showoffs and jerks in their class too, I don't care for showoffs or jerks, no matter straight or gay or any other group of people. I don't much care for braggarts in their sports either...but that is just my opinion, I just avoid that kind of people, I am not at all intimidated by anyone but do not like to create conflict either.

So, I am old fashioned...and I am not going to change, that is my right. It is not my business if someone is gay or changes their sex, but distorting the body should only be done if the person is over eighteen years old. The people who gain from sex changes are the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
kids under eighteen do not have fully developed minds yet and they or their parents should not be altering their sex. It should be illegal. If someone is over eighteen and has the right to vote or go into the military, they should be able to make that decision, but if they do, they should have to take on the tab for the treatment themselves, other insurance policy holders or the government's tax money should not be used to pay for this sex change at all. Why should a person have to pay another person's costs of having surgery that is not necessary to cure a physical illness. I spend enough already for insurance premiums and don't want to have the cost go up because someone wants to change their sex.

Not all guys are masculine, some are kind of feminine, and there are variations in women too, some are tomboys. I have no problem with people being gay as long as they act normal, some are way to mushy about things, it is like they are mimicking overnice and super compassionate people on tv shows. I don't even think it is appropriate behavior for a straight couple to carry on in public like that. There is a time and place to show passion in a relationship.

That is my opinion, I know quite a few gay and lesbians, they do not act like they do in movies and tv shows, they are normal acting mostly, but there are a few showoffs and jerks in their class too, I don't care for showoffs or jerks, no matter straight or gay or any other group of people. I don't much care for braggarts in their sports either...but that is just my opinion, I just avoid that kind of people, I am not at all intimidated by anyone but do not like to create conflict either.

So, I am old fashioned...and I am not going to change, that is my right. It is not my business if someone is gay or changes their sex, but distorting the body should only be done if the person is over eighteen years old. The people who gain from sex changes are the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

Homosexuality is observable and it's a reality of life no matter if you agree with it or not. But transexuality is as fictitious as it can get.

Children must be protected against this political ideology and especially when harmful operations are involved and drugs administered as part of this package of 'care'.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wish they would stop referring to it as gender affirming care.

It's a cosmetic surgery - the sole purpose is the change a person's look permanently.
One that comes at a cost of losing the ability to have children and fully enjoy sex.

You can look opposite of your biological gender without surgery.

People who waited until they were adults can have very good results in appearance - look at Caitlyn Jenner.
There is NO reason to start before someone is an adult.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   
One would think parents would want to hold off until there's more long-term data on the ramifications of permanently altering their child's physiology.

I'm glad there are some states that are fighting for common sense legislation and laws. Maybe the climate of red/blue states will change in the coming years, with mass exoduses to states whose laws support their ideology.

I think we've seen this kind of divide in our past history....

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

its using the age old control techniques of framing this good vs bad, most parents want to be seen as good, hence sending their kids to be converted, sterilised, sent into asylums, or getting them lobotomised..

women can be the worst as the witch trials pivot around the way women used religion, the laws and men to eradicate the women they hated..

and this is where the various cultures in the west will split as its not all women, nor are all men that daft..

the Brexit data reveals an interesting split, of all groups only 1 stood out as being truly pro leave that is of the older liberal women, while all others where split 50/50 that group was split 70/30 its that split that got Brexit over the line and Boris into office, so yes they lacked education but only because they where denied access to it..

in this intersectional world this is the group that makes the uk Terf island.. to generalise the group they economically liberal and social conservative and represent Anglican views of personal sovereignty, which is why its so at odds with the continental counterparts and the new liberalism of the establishment.

while the likes of mat walsh has an offering for young boys the likes of Posie Parker has the offering for young girls and its this combination that'll reverse the self destruction new liberalism is imposing on itself, its followers and the west in general.

we just have to get to the point where the matt walshes and the posie parkers can find enough common ground to return some plurality to western politics thats been lacking since bush and blair started their end times religious crusade in the middle east.. that was the kind of plurality that has left us all fighting the uniparty..

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So no suggestion to form a committee of the: FDA, Health Department and Surgeon General under that bill? Oh, come on Republicans; You all know it would have totally, looked like a Democratic Bill then...

edit on 18-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: clarity

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
I wish they would stop referring to it as gender affirming care.

It's a cosmetic surgery - the sole purpose is the change a person's look permanently.
One that comes at a cost of losing the ability to have children and fully enjoy sex.

You can look opposite of your biological gender without surgery.

People who waited until they were adults can have very good results in appearance - look at Caitlyn Jenner.
There is NO reason to start before someone is an adult.

Agree and have argued myself this isn't a correct term. But on the other hand the gender movement is mostly a linguistic movement!

They rely on altering or completely changing the meaning of words and definitions.

It's impossible to change your gender with hormones and surgeries. There is no debate on this.
edit on 18-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

'gender affirming care'.

I hate that term. It's loaded language and competely misleading.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sounds like a bathroom literate janitor

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

'gender affirming care'.

True.

This movement is nothing more than a linguistic movement and it will be best if the gender ideologues are put in their place when they abuse and try to destroy the language. They need to be called out and there has to be a lot of attention on the way they use to deceive people.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

'gender affirming care'.

+1
the media throws that 'denying care' around and makes people think hospitals are refusing to help teens with broken arms or stomach flu.
the term 'gender affirming' is right out of Orwell. like 'reproductive rights'.
its always suspicious when people use enigmatic phrases to describe their agendas.
why don't you just come out and say what you mean?
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

'gender affirming care'.

+1
the media throws that 'denying care' around and makes people think hospitals are refusing to help teens with broken arms or stomach flu.
the term 'gender affirming' is right out of Orwell. like 'reproductive rights'.
its always suspicious when people use enigmatic phrases to describe their agendas.
why don't you just come out and say what you mean?

Only the word 'affirming' is more than enough to raise suspicions.

Whet exactly they suppose to be affirming?? The false beliefs and delusions of the people who think they're the other opposite gender.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join