It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ Pride Storybooks in Maryland Public Schools - the battle of national interest

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

a reply to: Annee

Equating parents disagreeing with gender affirmation care and parents molesting their children.

Wow.

That's your mic drop moment Annee.

Perspective

Here’s another one.

Lots of cheering on ATS for states banning gender care.

Gender care bad.

What about the parents of transgender kids needing care for their children?

Who cares? Right. Those kids should be taken away from their parents.

Oh now you want to involve the parents.

Parents that agree with you good
Parents that don't bad.

Don’t manipulate and twist my posts.

I support the need of the child.

YOUR child.

Stop messing with other people's children.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'm absolutely not twisting anything.

You've said multiple times in this thread how you feel about parental involvement if they don't agree with LGBTQ. Everyone here has read your words.

edit on 8-18-2023 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

“Parents who treat their children for gender issues are evil and should rot in Hell” — is pretty representative.

Very few are saying this and you are a lot closer in concept to many here in what this may mean or not. A criminal would be to say your 2 year old boy really wants to be a girl and start that process their whole life that they are actually a girl to never reach any form of sexual maturity and find themselves around 20 questioning it all looking like a soft overweight eunuch. Oh and then have a running TV show throughout your teen years.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

“Parents who treat their children for gender issues are evil and should rot in Hell” — is pretty representative.

Very few are saying this and you are a lot closer in concept to many here in what this may mean or not. A criminal would be to say your 2 year old boy really wants to be a girl and start that process their whole life that they are actually a girl to never reach any form of sexual maturity and find themselves around 20 questioning it all looking like a soft overweight eunuch. Oh and then have a running TV show throughout your teen years.

I will refer back to the “Art of Listening “.

How consistent is your kid in what they’re saying?

I would not prompt my kid.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You've said plenty to imply parents that are against LGBTQ+ or uncomfortable with it, need to get over their hang-ups. You've beat around the bush when asked directly if you support keeping them out of important decision making in regards to the subject. People can go back and read if they need a recap.

Which means I am siding against the parents — for the benefit of the kids.

It’s pretty damn clear where I stand on parents rights in regards to this situation.

Parents with their own personal hangups need to go away.

And just a page or two back you equated parents that are against LGBTQ+ etc. with child molesters.

I didn't twist your words.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I will refer back to listening to what the kids who went through the experience themselves have to say, on the detrans panel.

I would not prompt my kid.

Yet you're okay with the far left doing just that.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Detransition: The Wounds that Won't Heal

Dr Jordan B Peterson sits down with 18 year old de-transitioner Chloe Cole. Chloe was indoctrinated, affirmed, and set on an irreparable path at the age of 15, and now finds herself abandoned by the community and the doctors that lead her over the edge.

Chloe Cole is an 18-year-old de-transitioner from The Central Valley of California. She started her transition at 12 years old, puberty blockers and testosterone at 13, and had a double mastectomy at 15 years old. She is now a strong advocate against gender ideology.

Read Rose's Story (Blog Post)

At an early age, we noticed that our first son was a bit different. He was highly sensitive, and was extremely gifted. By about three years old, he started to orient more toward the females in his life than the males. Since he did not have the language, he would say, "I like the mamas." Some of this difference we started to attribute to possibly being transgender. Instead of orienting him to the reality of his biological sex by telling him he was a boy, we wanted him to tell us if he felt he was a boy or a girl. As true believers, we thought that he could be transgender, and that we were to "follow his lead" to determine his true identity.

At around four years old, my son began to ask me if he was a boy or a girl. Instead of telling him he was a boy, I told him he could choose. I didn't use those words—I thought I could be more sophisticated than that. I told him, "When babies are born with a penis, they are called boys, and when babies are born with a vagina, they are called girls. But "some babies who are born with a penis can be girls, and some babies born with a vagina can be boys. It all depends on what you feel deep inside." He continued to ask me what he was, and I continued to repeat these lines. I resolved my inner conflict by "leading" my son with this framework—you can be born with a penis, but still be a girl inside. I thought I was doing the right thing, for him, and for the world.

We sought out support groups for parents of transgender children where we went to find out if we had "done the right thing." After all, our son showed no signs of actual gender dysphoria—was he actually transgender? At these support groups we were told what good parents we were. How kids on the autism spectrum (which he likely is), simply "know" they are transgender earlier than other kids.

At one of the support groups we attended, we were also told that transgender identity takes a few years to develop in children. They told us that during this period, it is very important to protect the child's transgender identity, and therefore, you must eliminate contact with any family or friends who do not support this identity or go along with it. Yes, the gender therapist running this parent support group said this, and at the time, I believed her. Looking back, I now see this in a shockingly different light: this was an intentional process of concretizing transgender identity in children as young as 3 years old - the age of the youngest child in this group. When identity is concretized at this young of age, children will grow up actually believing they are the opposite sex. How could medicalization not follow?

I fear for the future, the future for a sensitive, feminine, socially awkward boy who has spent his early childhood years actually thinking he was a girl. I fear for what our culture, our institutions, his peers, and the internet will tell him. I fear the power of the state, that seems hell bent on destroying the parental child relationship. No matter what the future holds, I will never ever stop fighting to protect my sons.

I Transitioned My Child. I Regret It. (Video with Rose)

More information and testimonies:
Parents with Inconvenient Truths about Trans

Trans Clinic Whistleblower Speaks Out

Jamie Reed is a life-long progressive and healthcare professional. For many years she has provided counselling to vulnerable populations including children in foster care, sexual minorities and young people with HIV. For four years she worked at The Washington University Transgender Center at St. Louis Children's Hospital, Missouri. What she saw in that time caused her to resign and turn whistleblower.

I Thought I Was Saving Trans Kids. Now I'm Blowing the Whistle

The center’s working assumption was that the earlier you treat kids with gender dysphoria, the more anguish you can prevent later on. This premise was shared by the center’s doctors and therapists. Given their expertise, I assumed that abundant evidence backed this consensus.

Soon after my arrival at the Transgender Center, I was struck by the lack of formal protocols for treatment. The center’s physician co-directors were essentially the sole authority.

The doctors privately recognized these false self-diagnoses as a manifestation of social contagion. They even acknowledged that suicide has an element of social contagion. But when I said the clusters of girls streaming into our service looked as if their gender issues might be a manifestation of social contagion, the doctors said gender identity reflected something innate.

Besides teenage girls, another new group was referred to us: young people from the inpatient psychiatric unit, or the emergency department, of St. Louis Children’s Hospital. The mental health of these kids was deeply concerning—there were diagnoses like schizophrenia, PTSD, bipolar disorder, and more. Often they were already on a fistful of pharmaceuticals.

This was tragic, but unsurprising given the profound trauma some had been through. Yet no matter how much suffering or pain a child had endured, or how little treatment and love they had received, our doctors viewed gender transition—even with all the expense and hardship it entailed—as the solution.

That's only some excerpts...

There is so much horror in these links that needs to be heard.

I implore you Annee, to educate yourself on the other side of things. It goes DEEP.

These are people's voices crying out for you to listen.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

They are mutilating children and the left does not care.

They really don't.

It's a form of self-loathing that must occur in a free society where they feel they must embrace a Collective ideology.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they really cared about the kids they'd listen to what they have to say after the "care". But they don't and it gets more and more evident.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   

If they really cared about the kids they'd listen to what they have to say after the "care". But they don't and it gets more and more evident.

That would go against what they are told to think.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If we ever see another civil war, I could see them starting it.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

It's a fairly easy deduction at this point.

If they admit they were/are wrong, then that is admitting to themselves that they have caused irreparable harm to their children and grandchildren. That they believed in nonsense to the point that they would do something like that.

Conversely, they can blame everything and everyone else with a zealotry that will defend itself to every last detractor.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If we ever see another civil war, I could see them starting it.

Brother, they already have.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

And just a page or two back you equated parents that are against LGBTQ+ etc. with child molesters.

That is manipulation of what I posted.

The post was about perception.

What is acceptable to you. And what isn’t.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Alright, my apologies.

I'm over all that.

Just made and edited that long post to you.

When I first joined ATS, in my first couple weeks, you gave me some praise.

I'm sorry but I don't remember the subject or context. But it was in some thread where I was arguing for one thing but had my mind changed. You gave me props for that. A comment like that tells me that you are also open to have your mind changed. I know I can come off attacking sometimes, and I'm sorry for that. I'm just trying to open your eyes to the other side of all this.

And I really do believe you can.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Alright, my apologies.

I'm over all that.

Just made and edited that long post to you.

When I first joined ATS, in my first couple weeks, you gave me some praise.

I'm sorry but I don't remember the subject or context. But it was in some thread where I was arguing for one thing but had my mind changed. You gave me props for that. A comment like that tells me that you are also open to have your mind changed. I know I can come off attacking sometimes, and I'm sorry for that. I'm just trying to open your eyes to the other side of all this.

And I really do believe you can.

Thank you.

I look for validity in people. You are very sincere in your postings.

I need to compartmentalize not to be spread too thin.

I’m raising a high functioning 15 year old Autistic. I know where I’ve been and where I am today. It’s an every day full on focus. I can’t jump ahead.

I don’t have “space” for de-transitioning in by brain at this time.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Well, that's unfortunate since you have space for the other side, and fight for it so passionately.

But anyway, all the best for you and yours.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Well, that's unfortunate since you have space for the other side, and fight for it so passionately.

But anyway, all the best for you and yours.

Like I said Autism requires full on focus. You have to anticipate actions and behaviors before they happen.

We’re just entering the sexuality phase.

You might say, I’m still in the before — you’re in the after.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I understand.

And if you don't have time or headspace for it right now, I get that too.

I would just suggest that you keep it in the back of your mind as something to look into in the future. Especially if you're going to come into these threads and call or feel like some of us are stuck, or ant-LGBTQ+, or transphobic. And especially, especially if this stuff has a more direct impact in your life. Remember that at least some of us care about children just as much as you do, and our concerns during the "before" are valid, and echoed in the "after". We smell something rotten and it isn't good.

Live and let live, of course. But something sinister is going on.

I'll leave it at this:

Given the secrecy and lack of rigorous standards that characterize youth gender transition across the country, I believe that to ensure the safety of American children, we need a moratorium on the hormonal and surgical treatment of young people with gender dysphoria.

In the past 15 years, according to Reuters, the U.S. has gone from having no pediatric gender clinics to more than 100. A thorough analysis should be undertaken to find out what has been done to their patients and why—and what the long-term consequences are.

There is a clear path for us to follow. Just last year England announced that it would close the Tavistock’s youth gender clinic, then the NHS’s only such clinic in the country, after an investigation revealed shoddy practices and poor patient treatment. Sweden and Finland, too, have investigated pediatric transition and greatly curbed the practice, finding there is insufficient evidence of help, and danger of great harm.

Some critics describe the kind of treatment offered at places like the Transgender Center where I worked as a kind of national experiment. But that’s wrong.

Experiments are supposed to be carefully designed. Hypotheses are supposed to be tested ethically. The doctors I worked alongside at the Transgender Center said frequently about the treatment of our patients: “We are building the plane while we are flying it.” No one should be a passenger on that kind of aircraft.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The center’s working assumption was that the earlier you treat kids with gender dysphoria, the more anguish you can prevent later on. This premise was shared by the center’s doctors and therapists. Given their expertise, I assumed that abundant evidence backed this consensus.

This is the issue I have with it all. If we took any kid and push them to the opposite sex saying you look like a boy but you are a girl then that is all they know of their reality. You can be a boy or girl or even a kitten if that is what you want. Creating a massive level of confusion in a child that doesn't really know anything yet. Once they get older they start to question it all, but it is too late to have a normal life of the same sex of their body.

We all can go back once again to the point to let kids be kids and as they mature into their teens their sexual identity/orientation will manifest on its own with little help or grooming from wacko doctors and counselors. As they push past 18 they can more firmly decide what is best for them as there is no race here, no deadline and I have said many times too early is not good and that will create issues down the road too.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join