It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ Pride Storybooks in Maryland Public Schools - the battle of national interest

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: Annee

Okay, so your stance is that on a biological level, someone is born either male or female. A definitive signifier one way or the other. Obviously, because of differences in anatomy and such.

But on a mental level and maybe wired into the brain somewhere at birth is something more that plays a part in someone's gender identity. Makes them more masculine, or feminine, what have you.

So with someone transgender it's appropriate to say that they aren't becoming the opposite sex, from a biological standpoint, but for all other intents and purposes, they do.

Is that about right or...?

I know we've had a few back and forth but I really do want to fully understand your thoughts, even if I disagree with them. Which just so you know, I don't disagree with everything you've said. Definitely don't seem to see eye to eye on a lot, but that's okay. It's half the fun.

Simplified: Born male physical body. Born female brain.

Which are you going to “listen” to?

if these males had female brains where does diifering mass go? or are you suggesting this new biology pegs trans women as air heads? given that females have a brain size thats 11% smaller.. so is this new biology a child or grandchild of the Victorian and later nazis attempt to define peoples behaviour/criminality/worth by differing brains and skulls, science that is very much Frankensteins monster

I wouldn't be surprised given the links, tavistock is really tavistock and portman, the trans got sent to tavistock for treatment while the courts sent the pervs and pedos to the portman for treatment.

the uks ons and criminal data has the trans at 0.5% of the population but committing 0.6% of sex offences, and the offences are male pattern crimes rather than female pattern crimes.. thus they not commiting the kinds of female crimes female brains would, hence the push to get their crimes recatagorised as male crimes.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I’m not interested in the X Y.

We know. Old science.

It's not 'old science'. It IS science and it's reality. X and Y Chromosome determine
if someone is male or female. You get a penis or a vagina with all the hormones and
testosterone because of X and Y Chromosomes.

Geeeze .. get an education.

wonders what birthed this new science?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

Ignorance. Agenda. Egotism. A whole bunch of not so good stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Don't worry, not expecting you to be an expert and understand we're just exploring a lot of unknowns.

This is what I can get behind. We disagree on much in relation to the subject matter here. But I can see that you do care about the kids, and people in general. At first throughout the thread, I thought you were all for rushing kids to gender affirmation care. And it seems to me now that you agree decisions like that shouldn't be taken lightly, or without trying to better understand what's going on, on a deeper level with them.

So on that note, I retract such statements implying you may have a predatory or groomy nature, and apologize for them.

I still think we need to "leave the kids alone" but I'll rephrase it to "leave the kids out of the agenda" because at the end of the day, whatever I feel about it, mental well being is important to me too.

Basic — variances from ‘norm’ naturally occur.

Yes — it’s about what the kids need — not adult hangups.

Agenda — perspective. Kids begin recognizing their gender/sexuality about age 3. If they are truly transgender, it’s important to hear them. “Listening is an art”. How many people do you know who will look you in the eye and actually listen to what you have to say?

Any child who is a variance from the ‘norm’ needs to be heard. Who will listen?

Tools, such as books, where they recognize themselves are a positive to accepting their difference.

ALL inclusion at an early age teaches accepting yourself and others — and that it’s OK to be different.

Parents with their own personal hangups need to go away.

I remember sex-Ed back in the 50s. Huge uproar. Kids whose parents objected were ostracized and/or got 2nd hand info from another kid — instead of from a trained instructor.

Back alley info is dangerous.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You walk an extremely dangerous line there.

edit on 8-18-2023 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Simplified: Born male physical body. Born female brain.

Which are you going to “listen” to?

Bogus antiscientific claims

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Ignorance. Agenda. Egotism. A whole bunch of not so good stuff.

Trans activism is the right answer

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I’m not interested in the X Y.

We know. Old science.

It's not 'old science'. It IS science and it's reality. X and Y Chromosome determine
if someone is male or female. You get a penis or a vagina with all the hormones and
testosterone because of X and Y Chromosomes.

Geeeze .. get an education.

Answered already but worths answering again!

Trans activism

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Perhaps you're trying to justify the decisions you took in your life as you may have regrets as this point or second thoughts. But the claims you made have zero merits and are completely antiscientific and bogus.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Perhaps you're trying to justify the decisions you took in your life as you may have regrets as this point or second thoughts. But the claims you made have zero merits and are completely antiscientific and bogus.

Thank you for your OPINION.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I don’t think so.

Why do you think so?

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Parents with their own personal hangups need to go away.

Oh the painful irony.

The sad part is that you seem to be the only one who cannot see it.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Thank you for your OPINION.

He's right. Your claims have zero merits and are completely antiscientific and bogus.

Like your claim that science doesn't know why people are heterosexual.

That's nothing more than your biased OPINION and is wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I don’t think so.

Why do you think so?

I mean I could repeat the various things I've posted throughout this thread, or point you to some of the things others have said. But you've already read them and just don't see things the same way.

I think your passion for giving kids the best start to life is blinding you to some very serious issues.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I don’t think so.

Why do you think so?

I think your passion for giving kids the best start to life is blinding you to some very serious issues.

NO — it’s not.

I support that gender dysphoria/transgender is real.

Early recognition is critical.

Trained professionals in this field are desperately needed.

I fight for the mental/physical health of the child.

Parents can fight their own battles.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   
AFL Sues Washington Governor to Block "State-Sanctioned Kidnapping" Bill That Allows State to Hide Kids Seeking "Gender Transition" From Parents

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, on behalf of our clients, America First Legal (AFL), Schaerr Jaffe LLP, and Joel Ard, sued the Governor of Washington, Jay Inslee, the Attorney General of Washington, Robert Furguson, and the Secretary of the Washington Department of Children, Youth, and Families, Ross Hunter to stop the enforcement of Senate Bill 5599 – a new law that allows shelters to take in children struggling with gender dysphoria and potentially provide them with life-altering “care” (potentially including sterilization) without parental consent or knowledge.

This new statute deprives certain parents of their fundamental rights under the United States Constitution to direct the care and upbringing of their children. America First Legal is proud to defend parental rights and stand up against the insidious “gender-affirming care” agenda, which promotes using experimental medical procedures and drugs on minor children – potentially altering their lives forever.

Parents who do not ‘affirm’ their children’s so-called ‘gender identity’ are treated the same as child abusers, such that they do not have to be contacted when their children show up at a shelter the way any other parent would be. And Washington also decided to permit children in such situations to obtain certain medical services without the consent of a parent–an equally shocking prospect.

Senate Bill Report 5599

Brief Summary of Bill:
• Provides that a shelter for runaway or homeless youth does not need to contact the youth's parents if there is a compelling reason not to, which includes a youth seeking protected health services.

• Allows host homes to house youth without parental permission if a youth is seeking or receiving protected health care services.

• Appropriates $7.5 million to the Office of Homeless Youth Prevention and Protection for providing access to supportive care grants to organizations in order to address the needs of youth and young adults seeking protected health care services.

Protected health care services means gender-affirming treatment and reproductive health care services that are lawful in the state of Washington. Gender-affirming treatment means health services or products that support and affirm an individual's gender identity, including social, psychological, behavioral, and medical or surgical interventions. Gender-affirming care services include, but are not limited to, evaluation and treatments for gender dysphoria, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and gender-affirming surgical procedures.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No, apparently they cannot.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Parents who do not ‘affirm’ their children’s so-called ‘gender identity’ are treated the same as child abusers,

This is pure evil. No other word for it. Sick and evil.
edit on 8/18/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No, apparently they cannot.

Yes they can. Doesn’t mean they’re gonna get their way.

As in states that have banned care for these kids.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The proponents of all this sure are trying their damnedest though.

And based on this thread, is it safe to assume that you agree with such measures?

First They Came

Like I said, I think you walk a dangerous line.

edit on 8-18-2023 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join