It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former head of Roscosmos, Dmitry Rogozin, doubts US Landed on moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Dmitry Rogozin, the former head of Russia Roscosmos has gone full flat earther He claims that given the level of technology in the 1960's the US could not have performed moon landings. Claiming that Soviet cosmonauts emerged from their spacecraft unable to stand, while Apollo astronauts were able
to . in his words, to crawl out like cucumber in the garden.

www.aa.com.tr...#

Rogozin was fired last year by Putin after getting into acrimonious exchange with SPACE X founder Elon Musk

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Over the years, there has been some weird speculation regarding the whole Apollo program (s).

The late Jim Marrs had heard that the Apollo 11 crew acted very strangely upon returning to Earth.
He said he dug deeper and it was a rabbit hole for sure. He claimed that some of the crew were depressed, bordering on despondent. This was very strange, because they should have been elated, as they were now super-heroes.

Some doubters (not Marrs) speculated the astronauts were acting weird because they felt guilty about participating in a hoax.

I don't know if there is any truth to these stories, but they certainly are interesting.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

The problem was that having dreamed and worked to decades to finally achieve it are left with "What are you going to do for an encore ?"

After walking on the moon , how do you top that ? The astronauts were left with "Ok what do you do now ?"

Aldrin, for example, began to drink heavily following his Apollo 11 mission

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

"Aldrin, for example, began to drink heavily following his Apollo 11 mission."

Yes, that's the stuff Jim Mars was talking about. Someone he spoke with who seemed to know a lot about the subject said it was very very strange that these guys went from being super "alpha dog" heroes, to acting "unstable".
(his words)

The explanation you've offered may be accurate. Feeling they could never top the moon landing, they became melancholy?

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   

These guys were test pilots who took insane risks - the ultimate Type A personality Going from riding rockets into space to giving talks to Rotary clubs .....

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Some doubters (not Marrs) speculated the astronauts were acting weird because they felt guilty about participating in a hoax.

There is no doubt they got there. You can even see photos of the landers, tracks, etc. not to mention the reflective beacon that is pinged every single day. For people who lived through this time, it's hard to describe the fervor and citizen involvement in the endeavor. I can understand that people who weren't alive or engaged at the time that they may see it as a fairy tale, just like we have people who deny the Holocaust today. I can't take seriously claims they never went. Those people are like Flat Earthers or Scientologists.

HOWEVER, I suspect there has been a "Hoax of Omission" that explains the attitude of the first astronauts who flew there. And that has to do with what they found there and were forced to keep quiet about. Aldrin has made several statements over the years alluding to his, and even the normally taciturn Armstrong made a VERY interesting statement on the TV show Frazier that stopped just short of admitting the whole thing. I don't know, of course, that they were warned off the Moon and told to gather a few rocks and go home and not come back (one story) or if there were several craft on a crater rim watching the landing unfold (another story) or that there are buildings on the Moon that were airbrushed out of the photos taken there (yet a third story), but these stories are compelling to say the least.
edit on 8/4/2023 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I was a young lad when the moon landing happened, but I remember it vividly.
Another wild story that I got a kick out of was from John Lear, here on ATS. He claimed we landed on the moon in 1962 and on Mars a couple years later!

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is a pretty good video on the subject.

I only just got to watch this a couple of weeks ago, but it covered a bunch of things that I was familiar with, like the video of astronauts in near Earth orbit using their porthole to fake being on the way to the moon, but I also learned some new things like how forward projection works.

Oh, and I always get a kick out of sharing this:

And for good measure here's the Apollo 11 video of then in near Earth orbit, pretending not to be.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

whole bunch of stupid ...........

Repeating the old Stanley Kubrick filmed fake moon landing lie arent we ....??

As for astronaut falling down and getting up you are aware that gravity on the moon is 1/6 that of earth

Of course you have the numerous lunar orbiters which have filmed the landing sites showing the lunar module descent stage, lunar rovers, instrument packages and American flags

Then have the laser reflectors and seismographs left on moon , the laser reflectors are constantly pinged by earth based telescopes to measure distances

Simple reason couldnt see stars on lunar surface is simple - its was day time ! How many stars can you see during the day?
On Apollo 14 were able to spot planet Venus one of the brightest objects in the sky

The launch of the lunar module ascent stage was filmed by camera on lunar rover which was remotely operated from earth it took some practice to pan the camera accounting for the 1 1/3 second time delay

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Dmitry Rogozin, the former head of Russia Roscosmos

That's insane , as the Russians themselves have seen the sites..

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I can tell you the truth since time has passed. In 1969 my Father had me a my Brother sit on the living room floor in front of a TV. I was amazed to witness Neil Armstrong step onto the surface of the Moon. 🌙
I seen it on TV and remember " I seen it on TV must be true "
In retrospect, as a Man the age of 59 trips around the Moon, I don't buy it. Even the photo's taken by the satellites that can even be doctored. It just seems to me, if we went there, why didn't the Russians? Why is it the United States is the only country that has place a man on the Moon?
It you were to ask people of Europe or even Asian's the majority will say " they don't believe Astronaut's walked the Moon 🌕
Why haven't they gone back? 🌚🌛🌝🌜🪐🚬

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm just curious. Since we plan to go back, but we don't have the tech today, what happened to it? WHy was is erased?

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: boredhere74

Apollo was designed for a short stay. We’ve never had the technology to stay for long periods, but the best way to get there has always been capsule. We “lost” the technology because we developed the shuttle, which became basically a space truck, but couldn’t leave low earth orbit.

Now we’re developing new technology to go farther than ever, and stay longer. But it’s not easy or cheap.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Thunderkiss75

Russia didn’t go because they were using a more complex method to get there, and couldn’t get it to work. The main reason to get there was to be first. Once we got there, with all the issues they were having they chose to end their program.

We didn’t go back because of money and lack of will. People got bored with going to the moon and demanded the problems on earth be priority, and to stop wasting money on space programs to do what we already set out to do.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   

How would you feel if you completed one of humanity's biggest achievements? and there's nothing left because technology won't catch up?

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: boredhere74

The race to the moon was part of the Cold War competition between the West (led by USA) and the Soviet Bloc

In 1961 JFK set forth the goal of landing on the moon before 1970 The remainder of the decade was spent in carrying JFK
challenge and beat the Soviets to the moon At the height of the race to the moon NASA was consuming 4 1/2 % of the entire Federal Budget Once the race was won in 1969 the political winds shifted No longer would the public support spending enormous amount of money on the space program The increasing cost of the Vietnam War was competing for resources and the public demanded that money be spent for social programs on earth Even as the US was winning the race the last 3 Apollo missions ro the moon were being cut (Apollo 18, 19, 20)

The soviets attempted to put a man on the moon, but came up short, unable to build the necessary large boosters to get to the moon

The Soviets tried several different methods to ,get to the moon

The following are details of the Soviet attempts to reach the moon from notes compiled by Soviet space designer Vasili Mishin

www.astronautix.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I think I can remember Art Bell talking about how he found it strange that whenever he asked one of the astronauts "What did it feel like to walk on the moon?" they seemed to not be able to remember.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Three guys didn't, one guy did.

Not the same level, but I poured my heart and soul into my final year of University. Once the exams finished everything your life revolves around stops. Then what? It took some adjustment, and all I was focused on was my degree, not the most important event in history.

Apollo 11 went from the thing they'd trained for years to do to a publicity bandwagon world tour that really wasn't their thing. Aldrin drank to deal with it all. Armstrong and Collins retired and stepped away from the spotlight.

Any other interpretation is projection.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

The claim they were shooting oit of a window is absolutely false.

Ypu can't see the entire Earth from low earth orbit. The view of Earth is entirely accurate in terms of what's visible of land masses and weather. Those things are unique to the day of broadcasts and could not have been faked in advance.

See here

onebigmonkey.com...

And

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:29 AM
link   
In terms of the OP, Rogozin was an administrator.

It is perfectly possible to run an organisation without any understanding of what the organisation does. It was not his job to do rocket science, it was his job to enable rocket scientists to do theirs.

His claim is that he hasn't seen any evidence that convinces him. That is not the same as there being no convincing evidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join