It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former head of Roscosmos, Dmitry Rogozin, doubts US Landed on moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

That you do, did you watch until the end though?

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Ignorance on your part is not proof ..

The Lunar module ascent stage was designed to operate in Vaccuum and low/zero gravity environment of space and the lunar surface

As a consequence the structure could be very light - only thin gauge aluminum, the "foil" is mylar plastic film coasted with aluminum to act as insulation to reflect sun light

Who shot the launch sequence was answered before - the lunar rover camera which had a separate uplink to earth and could be remote controlled from mission control

Apollo 15 ascent stage launch

www.youtube.com...

Mission controllers practiced to synchronize camera with liftoff - had to account for 1 1/3 second radio delay between earth and moon were a little slow on this one to pan the camera

With some more practice were able to nail it

Apollo 17 launch

www.youtube.com...

The idiot who posted the video has no idea how it worked

Why no exhaust plume?

Lunar module fueled by hydrazine derivative burned with nitrogen tetroxide which gives pale blue exhaust in contrast to the carbon rich plume of the SATURN V booster burning kerosene

Because of the Vaccuum the exhaust plume spreads out quickly unlike launches from earth where the atmosphere constrains it

The engine nozzle has a very wide bell to allow gases to expand
edit on 6-8-2023 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

That you do, did you watch until the end though?

I did. I'm not conclusive one way or the other, but I lean towards believing that the Moon landings were faked due to,

1. The evidence that I've seen
2. Knowing that what can go wrong, will go wrong, and knowing the complexity of the missions. We are talking about doing things that we haven't been able to accomplish with modern technology.
3. Because the government has a history of lying and cover-ups.
4. Knowing that it would have been safer, more cost effective, and more likely to be successful to just fake the landings.

edit on 6-8-2023 by IndieA because: Added Point

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Mission controllers practiced to synchronize camera with liftoff - had to account for 1 1/3 second radio delay between earth and moon were a little slow on this one to pan the camera

Seems like there would have been a 2-2/3 second delay. 1-1/3 seconds for the image to be transmitted to Earth and 1-1/3 seconds for the signal to be returned to the moon.

You know what they say though?

4/3rds of all people are bad at math.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The important part was the signal to the moon. They knew when the capsule would lift off, so they just had to get the signal to the camera in time.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Right. Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
For any of the doubters you need to look at this youtube channel..

CuriousMarc

Apollo Guidance Computer Part 1

They restored many of the apollo computers and systems recovered from collectors and museums.
The technology was amazing from back then, Please check out the link.

All the best
edit on 6823 by Quadlink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

The technology was amazing from back then

Yeah, I love electronics will super low processing speeds and next to no storage.

I do all my personal computing on a Tandy 1000, because I can't get my hands on a punch card computer. But man, the things I could do with a punch card computer.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Back then they had people verifying the numbers. They were quite capable. They spent years figuring out circumlunar trajectories, drawing courses by hand. Those computers also had the advantage of not having to deal with crazy huge programs like Windows to do anything.

All of my work on Apollo came in a frenetic four-year period, from 1959 through 1963. It was in 1959 that I began work for the Theoretical Mechanics Division at NASA, at Langley Research Center. This was just shortly after NASA was formed. Shortly after I arrived there, a paper came out of the think tank, Rand, Inc., describing a class of lunar trajectories called free-return, circumlunar trajectories–the now-familiar figure-8 paths. It was immediately obvious that this class of trajectories was the only reasonable way to go to the Moon and back. We began studying them intensely, using first a two-dimensional simulation of the restricted three-body problem, and later a 3-D, exact simulation.

In those days, we didn't have spreadsheet programs to draw graphs for us; we had to draw them ourselves. As low man on the TMD totem pole, I got elected to run parametric studies on the computer and plot the results. That task worked in my favor, though, because I gained an understanding of the physics of the problem and the relationship between parameters that I don't think I would have gotten, otherwise. I wasn't content to just make runs and plot curves; I wanted to UNDERSTAND what was going on, and I think that put us ahead of the Rand guys.

I pretty much designed the parametric studies. Our group, the Lunar Trajectory Group, was small. Our group leader, Bill Michael, gave me the assignment, and he and I talked daily. But he never had to tell me, Ok, run this trajectory … now run that one. I was the one making the day-to-day decisions. Bill designed the computer program but neither of us built it. In those days, things were still done “closed shop,” and someone from the computer division wrote the code. But I did what would now be called desk-checking, checking the code (in IBM 702 assembler) to make sure it was right.

Later, I did a sensitivity study, plotting the sensitivity of final toinitial conditions. Nowadays, we'd call that a state transition matrix,but we didn't know that term, at the time.

My boss and I published a paper in 1961, which was the second paper published on circumlunar trajectories. We also developed quite a number of rules of thumb, approximations, and “patched conic” methods that allowed us to study circumlunar trajectories without spending tons of money for computer time.

www.embedded.com...
edit on 8/6/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   

My father had a master degree in electrical engineering and worked on missile guidance systems Had books in his library like "THEORY AND PRACTICE OF INERTIAL GUIDANCE" Tried reading it once, didnt get too far as the differential mathematics were way beyond my understanding

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This was cool to see this morning.
Chandrayaan-3 has made it to the Moon's orbit and plans to land on August 23rd.

India unveils first images from Moon mission (VIDEO)

India’s Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft has accomplished its first Moon-bound orbit reduction maneuver, following its successful orbit insertion a day earlier, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) announced on Sunday.

If the mission is successful, India will have become the fourth country to have achieved a soft lunar landing, joining the US, the Soviet Union and China. It will also have the unique distinction to be the first nation to land on the lunar south pole.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The Missile knows where it is, because the Missile knows where it isn’t.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It was also quite amazing how much they could do with Slide Rulers.

My Dad patiently tried to teach me about them. I never did get them.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=27088795]schuyler[/post
That's what I have come to believe. They saw things there and were told to never speak of them,ever.
Armstrong actually hinted at that during a celebration on the anniversary of the landing. Not sure which anniversary.
The astronaut that was on Frazier was actually John Glenn.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bob350

Well someone been talking

Unexplained "campfire" as described by Apollo 8 crew, later seen by Apollo 11

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
a reply to: Bob350

Well someone been talking

Unexplained "campfire" as described by Apollo 8 crew, later seen by Apollo 11

www.youtube.com...

Fire on the Moon, when the Moon has no atmosphere. Okay.

Sounds like disinformation to me.

And Bob, not being able to talk about "scary stuff" on the Moon, just sounds like more disinformation designed to create an excuse to generally keep hush about the project.

Muddy waters.

edit on 7-8-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The light will have been sunlight glints, nothing more.

Correction: at that point the crew were about to go round the far side and flying over a dark surface. Anders had 'no trouble reading by Earthshine', so the light will have been Earthshine reflecting off a peak or brighter area.

Not everything is to be taken literally.

Also, those transcripts were made public from 1971. Hardly 'sealed in the archives'.
edit on 8/8/2023 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

another explanation is lunar dust where electrostatic charges caused by solar radiation (UV and X ray) created dust fountains or dust geysers in the lunar dust

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
a reply to: Quadlink

The technology was amazing from back then

Yeah, I love electronics will super low processing speeds and next to no storage.

I do all my personal computing on a Tandy 1000, because I can't get my hands on a punch card computer. But man, the things I could do with a punch card computer.

Cant beat a bit of sarcasm. well done .. star for you

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Merman

There are telescopes powerful enough to see from earth and yet there is not ONE IMAGE that has ever proved anything.

Please elaborate on where this secret, super powerful telescope is located I'd like to look in to it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join