It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former head of Roscosmos, Dmitry Rogozin, doubts US Landed on moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I appreciate you sharing that video with me but at the end of it, it called me a d---head.

It's convincing until you realize that if the Apollo missions were merely trips to near Earth orbit, and the part about going to the moon was faked, all of the images used in the production of the faking would either be from real-time satellites or near Earth orbit photos from the capsule.

In this case, we can compare images of Earth from a distance with modern footage taken from the SpaceX Tesla Spaceman mission.

edit on 5-8-2023 by IndieA because: Added Video

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Does anyone else remember seeing a photo of a Freemason flag on the moon?

I'm finding claims that it went there, but I can't find the photo that I am pretty sure that I remember seeing.

If your going to take another flag with you to the moon, wouldn't you also want get a photo of it there?

edit on 5-8-2023 by IndieA because: Added question

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Who took the photo, then?

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The atmosphere doesn’t reflect light back, the surface of the moon does. And it’s bright enough to blot the stars out.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
They didn’t look like 3 men who had achieved humanities greatest adventure and survived. They looked shifty, awkward, ashamed almost. However, there could be many reasons for that, reasons we will never know. The hardware is up there. The tracks are there. So something landed.

I think we have to look at all the evidence and conclude that they very likely did land on the moon. What happened then? Something occurred. Might have been aliens. Might have been ruins. Might have been realising that the thing they had worked towards for years, was done. The journey was better than the destination perhaps.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1986

I think we have to look at all the evidence and conclude that they very likely did land on the moon. What happened then? Something occurred. Might have been aliens. Might have been ruins. Might have been realising that the thing they had worked towards for years, was done. The journey was better than the destination perhaps.

One thing we can see over the years is the astronauts never wanted to be in the limelight, they were hardnose military men, and I bet they thought they were going to die too, and here we are where they didn't. Hard to gauge their reactions.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

One thing we can see over the years is the astronauts never wanted to be in the limelight, they were hardnose military men, and I bet they thought they were going to die too, and here we are where they didn't. Hard to gauge their reactions.

Absolutely. They were prepared to die. It was very likely. No way we can second guess them now and not really then. Brave men. Still wonder at Amstrong talking about revealing a hidden truth or whatever it was. Some of the stuff they said was strange and hinted at the alien thing for me. But then I’m a believer, so fits my narrative. Still in awe of all of them though.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It's one thing have to go up into orbit, and come back down, as your job, I can't imagine what it would be like to have to travel to the Moon, safely decelerate, enter the Moon's orbit, safely land, carry out a number of activities on the Moon, safely leave the Moon's gravity, travel back to Earth, safely enter Earth's orbit, and safely land.

I wouldn't sign up for it, as there's just too much that could go wrong, but these days, there are people out there willing to take Elon up on a one-way trip to Mars.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Who took the photo, then?

After some comparison, I have to say that the photo in the video about how the satellite images match up with the Apollo 11 images, looks to me like a heavily touched up version of the image of the porthole, that was recorded from inside the capsule, in what could have been near Earth orbit.

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The atmosphere doesn’t reflect light back, the surface of the moon does. And it’s bright enough to blot the stars out.

I heard that from the debunkers too, but I also know that light travels through space, and yet space is dark. That's because light needs a surface to reflect off of to be visible.

On Earth, that surface is the air in our atmosphere, so during the day, it reflects the light back to us as a blue sky and the stars disappear. But not entirely, even with the atmosphere, we can still see the really bright stars and planets at dusk and dawn.

We should be able to test your hypothesis here on Earth with this experiment:

At night, we light the ground up with the same intensity of light as that of the Moon's surface, then see if we can no longer see the stars.

After this thought experiment, I'll admit that it is possible that:
1. Cameras could lose the ability to capture the stars.
2. Humans could possibility lose the ability the see the stars, but I doubt it. I can concede that ambiant light interferes with star gazing.

Guess we'll find out if a modern camera can capture stars from the surface of the Moon, as soon someone successful lands a rover.

Hopefully, India will be successful with Chandrayaan-3.

edit on 5-8-2023 by IndieA because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Go to a big city that's well lit, and try to star gaze. The light pollution makes it extremely difficult to see stars at night. You have to find dark areas and plan ahead if you want to see stars.

The earth albedo is about 0.3 compared to about 0.07 for the moon. Albedo is reflection of the sun's energy from the surface of a planetary body. More snow and ice means more reflection. Darker areas reflect less

posted on Aug, 5 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
on Moon Landing Day back in July of '69, vic & gerda (2 under age hippies ) got married at the Church-of-the-Pilgrim,
close to the hang-out of DuPont Circle--- up north in DC

it was Synchronicity that Apollo 11 and our 50 year marriage commenced on that July date...fact #2 my legal surname includes 'LUNAS' ending...being a naturalized citizen from Lithuania

my destiny aims for me to meet/address the AC but tomiss the micro nova in ~2046... the 3 days-of-darkness event
edit on th31169128794205122023 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I appreciate you sharing that video with me but at the end of it, it called me a d---head.

If the cap fits.

It's convincing until you realize that if the Apollo missions were merely trips to near Earth orbit, and the part about going to the moon was faked, all of the images used in the production of the faking would either be from real-time satellites or near Earth orbit photos from the capsule.

The cap fits even more accurately if you watched the video and read the webpage and still think it was filmed in LEO. There were no real time satellites at the time, there were no colour satellites at the time, there were no satellites capturing Earth with the same level of detail as even the 16mm footage, never mind the Hasselblad images.

See here:

onebigmonkey.com...

The satellite images covering the TV broadcasts did not have complete coverage of the hemisphere being broadcast by the missions (plural - the same applies to all other TV broadcasts featurin Earth from all other missions). It was not technically possible to reproduce the live TV broadcasts.

It is not physically possible to see anything like the entire Earth from Earth orbit.

In this case, we can compare images of Earth from a distance with modern footage taken from the SpaceX Tesla Spaceman mission.

Yes, we can. The satellite record fits exactly the live footage broadcast by that mission, which is how we know it happened.

If you check the other parts of my website and youtue channel, you'll find me being equally dismissive and insultiing about the 'no stars' claim, but here are two more videoes specifically about Earth imags and the satellite record:

Enjoy.
edit on 6/8/2023 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: Extra detail.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Exactly so, and it is not very difficult to find, download and create your own 3D models if the lunar surface to replicate the views taken by Apllo:

onebigmonkey.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Those two videos don't prove anything.

Linking to own website, not a verifiable source.

Another few months gone by since the last moon landing thread, still no one has gone back to the moon.. 50 years, 7 months and 18 days..

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

~sigh~

Go read it. All of it. I provide verifiable sources for everything I put forward. Anyone is free to get those sources and do their own work.

Feel free to provide your own sources and do your own work to prove any of it wrong. You won't be able to.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

He might be right. There's definitely something fishy about the moon landing.

If you don't know much about the Moon Landing Hoax Theory, this is a good watch, it's a good watch even if you have. But if you don't have 50-odd mins, skip to 43.45.

At this point, who knows what's really going on!

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

At night, we light the ground up with the same intensity of light as that of the Moon's surface, then see if we can no longer see the stars.

After this thought experiment, I'll admit that it is possible that:
1. Cameras could lose the ability to capture the stars.
2. Humans could possibility lose the ability the see the stars, but I doubt it. I can concede that ambiant light interferes with star gazing.

All you need to do is look up in a bright city and see not many stars if any at all, now take a picture of someone in a bright area with some sky showing and you will have no stars if you want the bright picture to look good. It's fun to watch people see the sky for the first time in a truly dark area, it is awe-inspiring for them. The moon's surface is incredibly bright and there is no atmosphere to scatter the daylight the way ours does on Earth. What this means is they needed to use very face shutter speeds to take the pictures otherwise the pictures would just get washed out.

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

It is interesting that maybe they did a fake moon landing if the moon missions failed, but it is funny that the film with Stanley Kubrick was fake.

edit on 6-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: firerescue

He might be right. There's definitely something fishy about the moon landing.

If you don't know much about the Moon Landing Hoax Theory, this is a good watch, it's a good watch even if you have. But if you don't have 50-odd mins, skip to 43.45.

16:30 to watch the awesome footage of the lander leaving the Moon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join