It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costa Coffee faces fierce backlash and boycott calls after it goes woke!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've nothing against trans people but, my mother had a mastectomy. If she'd seen this advertisement it would make her sad. It would remind her of the cancer and the ordeal she went through. I hope she never sees it.
It also implies you've no titties, you must be a man. It's celebrating, and taking a total piss out the pain cancer patients go through.
Plus it's idiotically inaccurate. They don't remove nipples when you transition. A total disgrace on behalf of Costa.
It's so stupid it makes you wonder, what are they on?
I'd do some drug tests if I was in the head office. It's too idiotic not to wonder.
Bloody virtue signallers.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenny2xx

Because each side is becoming more like a cult.

There is no grey area with government-backed population control, or division via influencing amputation of genitals in school children.
There is no debate here from me, only ruthless legal, then illegal revenge.
There will be no compromise on this topic.
I'm not open to negotiation on this topic.
-ever

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg
It’s a classic dialectic. Create a controversy out of an absurdity. Consumers “teach big employers a lesson.”

Business goes out of business, people lose jobs, public private partnership/corporate government blames the consumer for reacting the way they were intended to react…

Perpetrators get off Scott free

edit on 3-8-2023 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
That's not correct.
There is only one cancel culture and it's associated with the woke.

Lol

Yeti
Keurig
Ben & Jerry's
Gay beer
Carhart
Nike
Mermaids
Snow White
Ford
Coffee

ETA, not a single one of these things is even close to gOiNg BrOkE.
edit on 3-8-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Because each side is becoming more like a cult.

There is no grey area with government-backed population control, or division via influencing amputation of genitals in school children.
There is no debate here from me, only ruthless legal, then illegal revenge.
There will be no compromise on this topic.
I'm not open to negotiation on this topic.
-ever

I think it starts in the household. If you want your children to have the values and way of life you think is best then you should instill that in them at home before you send them off to school. I personally don’t know any schools around me promoting genital removal or what you would call “government backed population control” not saying it doesn’t happen but my kids could care less about trans this or woke that. And if there is any schools promoting that they should be stopped immediately I agree I just don’t know of any not saying they aren’t out there.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
It’s a classic dialectic. Create a controversy out of an absurdity. Consumers “teach big employers a lesson.”

Business goes out of business, people lose jobs, public private partnership/corporate government blames the consumer for reacting the way they were intended to react…

Perpetrators get off Scott free

bam..this exactly
It's like super vulture capitalism that is also dividing everyone

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

That's not correct.

Lol

Yeti
Keurig
Ben & Jerry's
Gay beer
Carhart
Nike
Mermaids
Snow White
Ford
Coffee

ETA, not a single one of these things is even close to gOiNg BrOkE.

Bravo LordAhriman!

You named some of the woke companies.
It's actually trans beer bit never mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yeah dude, they are out there. We read about it constantly.
The department of education is the government.
I couldn't disagree with you more on the starting at home.
School is for education, not producing more trannys than already exist.
Which was at a 7000% increase in 2021, I believe I read.
It is not a large enough population to merit teaching it as a normal path.
That is abuse.
You shouldn't need to teach your kid to identify psyops, or propaganda
Sh!ts insane

Even ignoring the mentally ill sexually deviant leadership, substitute amputation of an arm as a normal path for children and see the response.
It will be the same.
At least they can reproduce, I guess

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenny2xx

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I find this funny because that’s exactly what your doing now. Cancel culture is strong on both sides.

That's not correct.

Everything you don’t like is Woke and then you want it canceled. Liberals and conservatives go back and forth canceling this and that. Fascist on both sides honestly.

Expressing dislike and using free speech is not fascist.

Now disagreeing with the Marxists is against the law apparently and will have you sent to the gulags for re-education.

Yeah but it’s not just expressing dislike and using free speech, both sides want the other completely silenced and canceled. It only affects the little guy making minimum pay, they are the ones losing jobs. My opinion is we need more pragmatism in America, more realistic and practical. Because each side is becoming more like a cult.

How?

How are my words going to make "the little guy" lose his job?

Not you. You alone don’t have the power to do anything. But this anti woke agenda you all promote, it cost some minimal bud light employees their jobs and I’m sure the big guys over at bud light pockets aren’t hurting at all from it.

So you're not asking ME to censor myself, you're asking that WE censor ourselves.

Nice.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Bravo LordAhriman!

Which of them are broke?

Did you try to make them broke? Is that not cancel culture?

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So you're not asking ME to censor myself, you're asking that WE censor ourselves.

Nice.

I want no censorship. Keep providing quality entertainment.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

That is abuse.
Sh!ts insane

Even ignoring the mentally ill sexually deviant leadership, substitute amputation of an arm as a normal path for children and see the response.
It will be the same.

You don’t even know what your disagreeing about. I just said if they are promoting that then it should be stopped. And how doesn’t it start at home? If you want your kids to have traditional values then you should teach them that and promote it at home, is that hard to comprehend?

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I find this funny because that’s exactly what your doing now. Cancel culture is strong on both sides.

That's not correct.

Everything you don’t like is Woke and then you want it canceled. Liberals and conservatives go back and forth canceling this and that. Fascist on both sides honestly.

Now disagreeing with the Marxists is against the law apparently and will have you sent to the gulags for re-education.

Yeah but it’s not just expressing dislike and using free speech, both sides want the other completely silenced and canceled. It only affects the little guy making minimum pay, they are the ones losing jobs. My opinion is we need more pragmatism in America, more realistic and practical. Because each side is becoming more like a cult.

How?

Not you. You alone don’t have the power to do anything. But this anti woke agenda you all promote, it cost some minimal bud light employees their jobs and I’m sure the big guys over at bud light pockets aren’t hurting at all from it.

Nice.

I’m just saying this cancel culture doesn’t really work. You only hurt the workers not the actual company. Also you all have short attention spans, next week it’ll be something else and you’ll forget about this coffee fiasco and move to the next woke issue.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

If you can't have a conversation then don't.
Try reading before butthurting.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

If you can't have a conversation then don't.
Try reading before butthurting.

Huh? If what you got from that was me being butt hurt then I’m not the one that can’t have a sensible conversation. Your the one talking about government backed population control out of no where. But yeah I’m the one who can’t have a conversation lmao. Have a good one my man.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The butthurt is in your feefees.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 12:16 AM
link   

That's not correct.

How?

Nice.

I’m just saying this cancel culture doesn’t really work. You only hurt the workers not the actual company. Also you all have short attention spans, next week it’ll be something else and you’ll forget about this coffee fiasco and move to the next woke issue.

It is the management that hurts its employees with their decisions, not the customers who have the freedom to choose where to go. And I don't think the fiasco with Bud Light, or Ben & Jerry's, or Disney and this one, can be easily forgotten.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Bravo LordAhriman!

Which of them are broke?

Did you try to make them broke? Is that not cancel culture?

Every company that goes woke faces financial difficulties and a great loss in revenue.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   

You need to chill dude, you can't and don't control anything outside of yourself.

posted on Aug, 4 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   

That is abuse.
Sh!ts insane

It will be the same.

Based ^

There should be no indoctrination in schools and kids should be left alone. It's one of the most weird ideologies having no basis in reality and it only appeals to a tiny group of people.

Having well known companies trying to push this ideology through ads it's just beyond belief. There are other forces behind the scenes as most of us know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join