It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costa Coffee faces fierce backlash and boycott calls after it goes woke!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

what constitues fierce backlash?, some people on twitter, lmao, as a none coffee drinker I could not give two hoots, just love how things get so blown out of proportion because someone on twitter/X gets a little perplexed by something

wait till next week when it will be another, someone on twitter thinks something is a disgrace controversy, i think that will be the one to end the world.....

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I seriously don't understand what is the matter with all these companies when they know the consequences of going woke and trying to push agendas the majority of the population rejects. Either it's Bud Light, Ben & Jerry's, Disney & Hollywood, NatWest and other banks, if you go woke you will go broke!

Not really; when you follow any company back to its parent company and major stockholder you will fink Blackrock or Vanguard. Maybe they're doing it on purpose to redirect some funds to some of their companies that could use a little boost in sales.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

They do it for DEI rating points. There are now mutual funds based on social credit scores.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

you got it wrong ! Trans are the one who try to look like, drag are only for a show pushing all the extreme ... it's a show ....
edit on 3-8-2023 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What's more ridiculous; a company that thought trans marketting after the bud light fiasco would be a good idea or a bunch of adults losing their sh!t over a cartoon trans man?

I could see if it was a kid with trans-related scars. But it's an adult with cartoon scars on a coffee thing.

Do we not have more important things to talk about?

I mean, the u.s. government is investigating the reality of Aliens existing. And we are worried trans cartoons...Humanity is doomed.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So a coffee company is glamorizing mutilation now.

Okay.

Shocked face.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
What's more ridiculous; a company that thought trans marketting after the bud light fiasco would be a good idea or a bunch of adults losing their sh!t over a cartoon trans man?

I could see if it was a kid with trans-related scars. But it's an adult with cartoon scars on a coffee thing.

I mean, the u.s. government is investigating the reality of Aliens existing. And we are worried trans cartoons...Humanity is doomed.

Humanity became doomed when they went and tried normalizing trans.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

The answer is straight forward.

Nobody lost lost their thing over a cartoon transman.

A company that's thought it's a good idea to make an advert such as the one discussed in this thread, has definitely lost the plot. They're trying to provoke a reaction and have succeeded in going woke.

The transgender movement is a serious one and it must be treated seriously.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So a coffee company is glamorizing mutilation now.

Okay.

Shocked face.

Yes, that's what they did.
I wonder whether there could be legal implications against them.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

what constitues fierce backlash?, some people on twitter, lmao, as a none coffee drinker I could not give two hoots, just love how things get so blown out of proportion because someone on twitter/X gets a little perplexed by something

wait till next week when it will be another, someone on twitter thinks something is a disgrace controversy, i think that will be the one to end the world.....

Nope!

You should consider what happens when companies go woke. There is a fierce backlash and it materialises in a number of ways. As time passes the companies loose their credibility, they loose customers and revenue. It's s chain of events.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: steve910
I am melting! SOOOOOOOOOO offended! God forbid these people have representation publicly, amirite. Who is sowing division and hatred? Hmmm... I think it's about where the hatred takes root and grows. Ignore it, don't feed it, let it exist as it has for decades (we've had trans actors/actresses/Miss Americas/Universes/spokesmodels/Sports Illustrated swimsuit models/your neighbors/etc. around forever and you wouldn't have blinked an eye).
Pretty fertile soil around here.

The only fertile soil here is the manure you are spreading.
The emotional investment is obvious.
Most of ATS is aware, or becoming aware that this campaign is led by the
ESG scam and Larry Fink.
...not some organic push by the 7 mentally I'll men that want to remove their weenies.
jesus dude

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: steve910
I am melting! SOOOOOOOOOO offended! God forbid these people have representation publicly, amirite. Who is sowing division and hatred? Hmmm... I think it's about where the hatred takes root and grows. Ignore it, don't feed it, let it exist as it has for decades (we've had trans actors/actresses/Miss Americas/Universes/spokesmodels/Sports Illustrated swimsuit models/your neighbors/etc. around forever and you wouldn't have blinked an eye).
Pretty fertile soil around here.

The only fertile soil here is the manure you are spreading.
The emotional investment is obvious.
Most of ATS is aware, or becoming aware that this campaign is led by the
ESG scam and Larry Fink.
...not some organic push by the 7 mentally I'll men that want to remove their weenies.
jesus dude

An opinion piece on Newsweek but I think most logical people will agree

www.newsweek.com...

ESG Is a Woke Scam Infecting Our Corporations and Changing Our Nation | Opinion

Have you heard of ESG investing? If not, you soon will. ESG is the latest trendy acronym designed to empower the elites at the expense of us nnon-elites.

The letters ESG stand for environmental, social, and governance. Together they represent a standard for investors to monitor how "socially conscious" a company is. In other words, it's a wokeness scorecard for investors.

Think of the E in ESG as code for climate change activism. Think of the S in ESG as code for social justice—how open a company is to critical race theory, diversity mandates, and drag queen story hour in public libraries. And the G is all about how much power employees have to shake things up at a company

edit on 3-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: steve910

Apparently, you haven't noticed. It's gone way beyond "having representation'". The trans-maniacs are faacists who want CONTROL. If anyone or anything offends them, anywhere at anytime, they not only want it stopped, they want the "offenders" punished.

I find this funny because that’s exactly what your doing now. Cancel culture is strong on both sides.
edit on 3-8-2023 by Kenny2xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I find this funny because that’s exactly what your doing now. Cancel culture is strong on both sides.

That's not correct.
There is only one cancel culture and it's associated with the woke.
edit on 3-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

That's not correct.

Everything you don’t like is Woke and then you want it canceled. Liberals and conservatives go back and forth canceling this and that. Fascist on both sides honestly.
edit on 3-8-2023 by Kenny2xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenny2xx

That's not correct.

Everything you don’t like is Woke and you then you want it canceled. Liberals and conservatives go back and forth canceling this and that. Fascist on both sides honestly.

That's not true.
There has never been anything like the woke ideology in the past. It has become a fascist ideology and it wants everyone cancelled. It didn't work though.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

That's not correct.

Everything you don’t like is Woke and then you want it canceled. Liberals and conservatives go back and forth canceling this and that. Fascist on both sides honestly.

Expressing dislike and using free speech is not fascist.

Now disagreeing with the Marxists is against the law apparently and will have you sent to the gulags for re-education.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

That's not correct.

Now disagreeing with the Marxists is against the law apparently and will have you sent to the gulags for re-education.

Yeah but it’s not just expressing dislike and using free speech, both sides want the other completely silenced and canceled. It only affects the little guy making minimum pay, they are the ones losing jobs. My opinion is we need more pragmatism in America, more realistic and practical. Because each side is becoming more like a cult.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

That's not correct.

Yeah but it’s not just expressing dislike and using free speech, both sides want the other completely silenced and canceled. It only affects the little guy making minimum pay, they are the ones losing jobs. My opinion is we need more pragmatism in America, more realistic and practical. Because each side is becoming more like a cult.

How?

How are my words going to make "the little guy" lose his job?

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   

That's not correct.

How?

How are my words going to make "the little guy" lose his job?

Not you. You alone don’t have the power to do anything. But this anti woke agenda you all promote, it cost some minimal bud light employees their jobs and I’m sure the big guys over at bud light pockets aren’t hurting at all from it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join