It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costa Coffee faces fierce backlash and boycott calls after it goes woke!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
nypost.com...

UK coffee chain Costa slammed over trans ad showing surfer with mastectomy scars

Costa Coffee, a British coffee chain owned by The Coca-Cola Company, is facing fierce backlash over a cartoon advertisement that features a transgender man with scars on his chest after an apparent double mastectomy.

The image on the mural — which was spotted on the side of a Costa Express van and shared on the recently renamed Twitter app X — shows a surfer with large pink lips and bright blue hair sipping coffee from a to-go cup

But it is the scars symbolizing a breast removal operation that’s causing a fury of criticism and calls for boycott — an echo of the push to cancel Bud Light over its tie-up with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

“Costa Coffee deserves the full Bud Light treatment for glorifying women and girls cutting their breasts off in the name of gender identity,” media personality Oli London tweeted. Why is a coffee chain pushing sex change surgeries on customers that just want to drink coffee?” he questioned.

I seriously don't understand what is the matter with all these companies when they know the consequences of going woke and trying to push agendas the majority of the population rejects. Either it's Bud Light, Ben & Jerry's, Disney & Hollywood, NatWest and other banks, if you go woke you will go broke!

A good read:
unherd.com...

Cutting off a girl’s healthy breasts is an act of mutilation. Putting a cartoon version of the scars on the side of a van, to advertise a coffee chain, is a new low even for a movement that long ago lost touch with reality. Post-operative pain, rigid scarring, a profound sense of loss: none of these feature in the image of a “trans man” approved by Costa Coffee, which appears to treat the visible effects of surgery as a desirable fashion accessory.

The coffee chain is evidently keener to be seen as a “trans ally” than to think about customers who are post-operative women. Around 15,000 female patients have a mastectomy in this country each year, after being diagnosed with breast cancer. They do it to save their own lives, not in pursuit of realising their “gender identity”. Imagine their feelings on seeing their experience trivialised in this way, as though an operation most women dread is something to be thrilled about.

Challenged over the image on the side of a Costa Express van, however, the company displayed the sensitivity of a robot. “We want everyone that interacts with us to experience the inclusive environment that we create, to encourage people to feel welcomed, free and unashamedly proud to be themselves,” a spokesman intoned. “The mural, in its entirety, showcases and celebrates inclusivity.”

Glorifying women's mastectomy for the purpose of 'transition' is an insult to women who have mastectomies because of serious health issues such as beast cancer. It's evident Costa Coffee and those who thought of this ad, don't understand how painful physically and psychologically is for women to go through this procedure.

Adding to this, there is no way you can transition between sexes even if you do have a double mastectomy, as sex change is physically impossible. This isn't a thread about transgenderism but I think it's always wise to remind them the basics.
edit on 3-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Last I heard, coffee is nearly synonymous with being “woke”.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Last I heard, coffee is nearly synonymous with being “woke”.

It looks like companies want to push the woke ideology as much as they can but it has consequences.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

only if you're putting soy in it.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Marching orders come from Blackrock/Vanguard… companies go under and like a Phoenix rising from the ashes they arrive on the scene with a new name and same scheme…

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Easily solved.
My morning Costa will now be a Greggs.
Vote with your wallet.

It gets worse in these parts though ….

www.bbc.co.uk...

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've said it before....I've been around a long time, and the trans-mania phenomena is probably the craziest thing I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
From what I read online , over the years, only a handful of large corporations own all the products produced.
It's almost as if they are purposely pushing a woke agenda , knowing people will boycot , so they can reduce the number of of products on offer . In other words slowly dripping towards fewer and fewer options/products in stores.
And if Vanguard owns it all it's just a dent to them.
It otherwise does not make sense why they keep pushing woke messages when they must know they will boycotted.
Another option is off course ESG scores , and them being blackmailed into it.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I've said it before....I've been around a long time, and the trans-mania phenomena is probably the craziest thing I've ever seen.

There is something going on apart from the mania factor.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Easily solved.
My morning Costa will now be a Greggs.
Vote with your wallet.

It gets worse in these parts though ….

www.bbc.co.uk...

I suppose Greggs is a UK based chain but are they also involved in these strange politics?

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

And if Vanguard owns it all it's just a dent to them.

I agree. People rave and cheer about how "the boycotts are working", but are they? Bud Light lays off hundreds of low level people who lose their livlihoods, but the fat cats aren't affected.

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY! At least not presently. They're playing a long game. It's about further dividing and weakening society, making the citizens easier to control.
(I had to put on the XX-Large tinfoil hat for that statement, but I believe it)
Larry Fink, Blackrock CEO has said publicly that "We have to force behaviors."

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The image in question :

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex

Costa goes woke
Costa goes broke!

At this point either there is massive stupidity from the part of a number of companies or an agenda they want to push, or both.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked

Marching orders come from Blackrock/Vanguard… companies go under and like a Phoenix rising from the ashes they arrive on the scene with a new name and same scheme…

Still I can't see how these companies will recover and rise from the ashes if they keep provoking a lathe number of their customers. This ad is very provocative btw, apart from being insulting towards women who have had mastectomies due to breast cancer.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I am melting! SOOOOOOOOOO offended! God forbid these people have representation publicly, amirite. Who is sowing division and hatred? Hmmm... I think it's about where the hatred takes root and grows. Ignore it, don't feed it, let it exist as it has for decades (we've had trans actors/actresses/Miss Americas/Universes/spokesmodels/Sports Illustrated swimsuit models/your neighbors/etc. around forever and you wouldn't have blinked an eye).
Pretty fertile soil around here.
edit on 3-8-2023 by steve910 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Okay Larry. Please show us one single person in your executive management that is transgender.

I’ll even take it a step further. Please show us one single transgender person that works for corporate Blackrock as a whole.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Find a local mom and pop type establishment, and go there instead dont move to another chain because their buttons are pushed by blackrock or vanguard most likely.

Go pay a bit extra and support local.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: steve910

God forbid these people have representation publicly, amirite.

Apparently, you haven't noticed. It's gone way beyond "having representation'". The trans-maniacs are faacists who want CONTROL. If anyone or anything offends them, anywhere at anytime, they not only want it stopped, they want the "offenders" punished.

Ignore it, don't feed it, let it exist

Yea, just look the other way while men are allowed to play women's sports, while drag queens "teach" your first-graders, and while kids like this are praised as heroes.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Anyone else remember when drag queens actually TRIED to look like women?

Sheesh.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join