It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is charged with murder in random scooter shooting spree

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   

A scooter-riding gunman shot four people in Brooklyn and Queens early Saturday, killing an elderly man and leaving three others hurt in a span of 12 minutes before he was taken into custody, police said.

The 25-year-old shooter was on an illegal scooter at Ashford Avenue and Arlington Avenue in East New York when he drove up behind a 21-year-old man and shot him in the shoulder, Assistant Chief of Detectives Joe Kenny said.

Timeline of events

Then, 17 minutes later at 11:27 a.m., the shooter fired one bullet into the back of an Asian man, 87, at 108th Street and Jamaica Avenue in Queens, Kenny said. He was rushed to nearby Jamaica Hospital but couldn’t be saved.

Roughly eight minutes later, another man, 44, was shot in the face at 11:35 a.m. at Hillside Avenue and 126th Street. The bullet lodged in his cheek and he was taken to Jamaica Hospital in critical condition, police said.

A couple minutes later, at 11:37 a.m. a 63-year-old Hispanic man was shot in the shoulder at 134th Street and Jamaica Avenue. He was in stable condition.

I don't know what are the shooter's motivations buy it's not unlikely this person is mentally and emotionally disturbed just as the article stated but we don't know yet before all aspects of this story are known. It looks like he was shooting indiscriminately.

The man is 25-year old Thomas Abreu, of Brooklyn, was charged with killing Hamod Ali Saeidi, of Queens. He has also been charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon in two other incidents.

Thomas Abreu is an African-American and one of his victims was an 87 year old immigrant from Yemen (this person died unfortunately). He also shot a 63 year old hispanic man (this one thankfully survived). I don't know about the identity of the other two people who survived but this gun madness must stop.

Imagine now the shootings have come from a 25 year old white male. How would the mainstream press presented this story? A male who is emotionally and mentally disturbed or a white racist who attacked and killed others? That's my thoughts on this subject.

nypost.com...

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 10-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

The dirty bastard went on a shooting spree murdering and assaulting people.

Seemingly without any rhyme or reason behind his horrendous acts of depravity.

My thoughts are, i can't see why it should it matter one iota as to what colour the fool happens to be.

Fling the book at him and cage it for life.
edit on 10-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Why must the gun madness stop?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: baggy7981

Usually when people say muh "gun violence" or muh "gun madness", they are outing themselves as someone who wants to ban guns. This dude could have just as easily rode up on people and smacked them in the back of the head with a bat or a hammer with just as lethal of a result. If that happened, would the muh "gun madness" people also say, "muh bat madness must stop"? Probably not.
edit on 10-7-2023 by quietspectator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: quietspectator

Usually when people say muh "gun violence" or muh "gun madness", they are outing themselves as someone who wants to ban guns. This dude could have just as easily rode up on people and smacked them in the back of the head with a bat or a hammer with just as lethal result.

I wasn't talking about banning guns.
I was wondering when this gun madness will stop. There is a difference between having a gun and use it to protect yourself and what we witness on regular basis.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   
So when do we find out what mind altering drugs the pharmacy has been giving him?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The dirty bastard went on a shooting spree murdering and assaulting people.

Seemingly without any rhyme or reason behind his horrendous acts of depravity.

My thoughts are, i can't see why it should it matter one iota as to what colour the fool happens to be.

Fling the book at him and cage it for life.

It doesn't but that's not my point.
What would be the headlines if the shooter was a white male? We could read a very different story.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have been comparing different sources for similar stories that come out of NY and Chicago. Comparing the national news reports with the local reports and then comparing those with the alternative and conservative sources can be illuminating. You can fill in some of the blanks and find out more than the mainstream reports are giving you. Plus, as startling as this report is, I'm sure you will find others just as bad or worse on alternative and conservative websites that never see the light of day anywhere else.

It comes down to the question, "Who do you believe and what do they say that can be believed?" I haven't looked into this one, but I would bet that alternative sources will have more to go on than this.

link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
... this gun madness must stop.

The madness needs to stop. Saying it was the gun is like blaming the scooter. There are too many mentally ill people wandering the streets. I'd like to know how this person got a gun. New York has very strict laws but, obviously, they are not enforced.

edit on 7-10-2023 by LogicalGraphitti because: spelling fix

link   

Usually when people say muh "gun violence" or muh "gun madness", they are outing themselves as someone who wants to ban guns. This dude could have just as easily rode up on people and smacked them in the back of the head with a bat or a hammer with just as lethal result.

I was wondering when this gun madness will stop. There is a difference between having a gun and use it to protect yourself and what we witness on regular basis.

You weren't talking about it, no, but I suspect that's your angle or you've been programmed by the mainstream media to call it "muh gun madness"

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Well, you seem to be suggesting that if the shooter was white, we would be reading "a very different story".

Do we even know that the shootings were racially motivated?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You weren't talking about it, no, but I suspect that's your angle or you've been programmed by the mainstream media to call it "muh gun madness"

No, it isn't
No programming either.

edit on 10-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well, you seem to be suggesting that if the shooter was white, we would be reading "a very different story".

Do we even know that the shootings were racially motivated?

I am asking a legitimate question on what the headlines could have been if the shooter was a white male.

In this case the articles speak of an emotionally disturbed person. They don't speak of a racist attack.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

... this gun madness must stop.

The madness needs to stop. Saying it was the gun is like blaming the scooter. There are too many mentally ill people wandering the streets. I'd like to know how this person got a gun. New York has very strict laws but, obviously, they are not enforced.

Guns can cause problems if you don't use them only for self-defense.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This 'Gun Madness' will not stop; bad guys will find a way to get guns. A few ways to reduce the impact of these events are to strengthen the mental health systems, allow people to have and carry firearms to defend themselves, and not defund the police, but rather increase their budget and allowing them to prosecute criminals.
edit on 10-7-2023 by joemoe because: spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
This 'Gun Madness' will not stop; bad guys will find a way to get guns. A few ways to reduce the impact of these events are to strengthen the mental health systems, allow people to have and carry firearms to defend themselves, and not defund the police, but rather increase their budget and allowing them to prosecute criminals.

What do think it will happen if everyone or every other person in New York carries a gun with them when they go out or go to work and when they do their every day business.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

An armed society is a polite society

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

One of the biggest problems is how the current mental health systems treat mental health issues. They pretty much immediately put people on antidepressants and other psychoactive drugs.

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What do think it will happen if everyone or every other person in New York carries a gun with them when they go out or go to work and when they do their every day business.

Why do you keep beating around the bush? You obviously want stricter gun control that results in fewer people having guns. That's your agenda. Obviously, those laws don't work because criminals don't care about laws.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join