It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault on Our Rights

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

If you would have quoted the entirety of that, it would read as follows;

"Any other amendment that someone tried to pass a law that even thinks about messing with gets rejected as unconstitutional . Why is the 2nd the only exception to that?" Picking and choosing quotes will get you nowhere.

Meaning: Everyone turns a blind eye to the 2nd amendment when they go after it

I have never gone after you for believing anything, so you can watch who you accuse of things. What hypocrisy am I showing here?

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

"Any other amendment that someone tried to pass a law that even thinks about messing with gets rejected as unconstitutional . Why is the 2nd the only exception to that?" Picking and choosing quotes will get you nowhere.

But I handed you examples of how that just isn't true, the majority of my last post was all about how other amendments also get trampled on

Meaning: Everyone turns a blind eye to the 2nd amendment when they go after it

This is also not true, there are lots of people are as passionate about strict constitutional adherence as you are, especially when it comes to the 2A. I refuse to believe you do not already know this to be true

I have never gone after you for believing anything, so you can watch who you accuse of things. What hypocrisy am I showing here?

I apologize, the insult was not from you. The hypocricy is only slightly shallower

You still want everyone to adhere to what you believe, and if they challenge that, then they are ridiculous. Yet you refuse to adhere to what other people want, so much so that you are willing to dismiss thousands of lives and call democracy ridiculous
its not just hypocrisy its selfish.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It is not a belief, it is not a want, it is not a social construct, or whatever you want to call. It it is a right, plain and simple. I expect to be able to exercise my rights as I choose, not having to abide by a law passed down by some thumb sucker who can't define what a women is.

You want to argue that thousands of lives will be saved by stricter gun laws? Show me the evidence to back that up?

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

I cant and wont argue that thousands of lives can be saved by gun laws.
I can and will argue that something needs to be done about the gun violence problem in American and you have not put forth one single suggestion to do that in this thread

and here in lies another example of the hypocricy of your argument.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these areLife, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

does your right to own a gun superceed anyone else's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

THAT, is simple yes or no question
edit on 09pm30100000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I made that very clear a while ago, "there needs to be better enforcement of current laws before they make new ones".

If they spent the time enforcing current laws that they put into writing new ones, I am sure a lot of the problem would be solved.

And, as I have said in many other threads and I will continue to say until my last breathe, "The US has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem".

I have never personally stopped anyone from any of the three. My right to own a gun has never superseded anyone's big three.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ok, now I'm confused. Did you just say you WANT them to enforce gun laws?
The same ones you say are "infringing" on your rights? and are "unconstitutional"?
I just want to make sure I'm reading that right.

In any case we can agree there is a mental health issue that isn't address enough, if at all in some places.
Though I feel it goes much deeper than that, mental health is just a small part of the pie.

as i have said before the many disparities across our nation need to be addressed, from mental health to diet (i mean what they put in our food, I wish more people were as passionate about that as they are about the 2A), finances, race, ect, the list is long and i am excited that we agree on at least 1

I have never personally stopped anyone from any of the three. My right to own a gun has never superseded anyone's big three.

Unfortunately there are many people out there that can not claim the same. we've lost a lot of people, just this year alone and ill not easily admit that it pains my heart, but you have earned that truth from me.

I do not know any of them, but what kind of American would I be if I did not care, if I did not stand up for the ones who can not stand for themselves. these are the considerations in my mind every time I shed a tear for the ones we lose.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yes, enforce the ones that aren't taking guns away from the lawful citizens. Not come up with ones that will eventually lead to my rights being stripped from me completely.

Yes, we have lost a lot of people this year, to way more than gun violence. But none of those are ever talked about near as much as the guns that are "plaguing our country", as dems would put it.

That leads to a point I have made in several other threads before but am ignored every time;

Why is it that if a guy rams a car through a parade and kills 40 people, he is the issue, not the car?

If I eat 8,000 calories a day and get fat, why is the fork/spoon not the problem, but I am?

If I write out an essay and all of the words are misspelled, I am the issue, not the pen/pencil.

In almost all walks of life, the tool used to do these "bad things" is never the issue, only when it comes to guns. Why? A defenseless society is easier to overtake and control. As much as they want to ay it's about saving lies, it might be, but their big picture is to leave us defenseless for the slaughter.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

so i ask
if an event ever occurred, that would require "we the people" to be armed and defend our constitution, do you really think even 5% of us are prepared or capable or even willing?

I would argue that we are already a defenseless society, with or without guns

I know what its like to be ignored
too many times ask people to give up their political ideologies and stop dividing the country.
I'm sure you can guess how that goes.

When I say, and you will see me say, that I welcome the NWO. Its not because I believe in it, its out of spite, because sometimes its exactly what people deserve.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Ben Franklin

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   

There is an entire group of people that made the biggest beer company in the world lose 29 BILLION dollars in a matter of weeks for alienating them and telling them their purchases didn't matter.

You don't think we would rise up against our government for much more?

The only thing dividing this country is the government and main stream media/social media, not just the people in it.

But this thread is not about a country divided, it's about the INFRINGEMENT of our constitutional rights by the left.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   

There is an entire group of people that made the biggest beer company in the world lose 29 BILLION dollars in a matter of weeks for alienating them and telling them their purchases didn't matter.

You don't think we would rise up against our government for much more?

The only thing dividing this country is the government and main stream media/social media, not just the people in it.

But this thread is not about a country divided, it's about the INFRINGEMENT of our constitutional rights by the left.

No, I don't think we would, other wise it would have been done already.

"The only thing dividing this country is the government and main stream media/social media, not just the people in it."

"Only" would imply one singular cause, you just listed several. The only reason I even replied to this is your last statement, where you try to continue to divide my country with political bias.
This is the problem
people like you cry "my this, my that!" "ohhh infringement, woe is me the government is trying to get us"....

Then you turn around and throw gas on the fire.

your ire towards the perceived threat of the "left" vs "right" paradigm is the downfall of this nation. it shows a clear example of how I don't think we can "rise up", because a house divided can not stand.

You are part of the problem.

You don't care about the constitution. You are so self absorbed that you cant even see that you are just one of their pawns. Without people like you who do the dividing and the hating, they would never have gotten so much power.
But sure go ahead and rise up...there hasn't been anything funny on tv in a while.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I am part of the problem?

If standing up for the constitution and not wanting to give up my RIGHSTs makes me the problem, then so be it.

The real problem is that people like you don't see any problems with what the government is doing to disarm its citizens. Look around the world and tell me how that exact thing ahs gone for every other country that this has happened to; Russia, China, North Korea, Australia, Canada, the list goes on and on. There are two type of people on this topic, you have the sheep and the sheep dog. If you want to keep the wool over your eyes and be blind t what they are doing, then graze on little sheep, graze on.

Have you not seen the last 2 and a half years of this idiot president? There are plenty of funny things on the TV you are just ignoring the stuff you don't want to see, the same as you ignore the reality that people like you will be the first to roll over and show your belly when SHTF.

Good luck and god speed

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I beg to differ, the day you rise up, who are going to rise up against?
You gonna go to fort Bragg and fight with "our citizens" that give their life and blood to defend this country?
You gonna go to Washington and storm the capitol and hurt "our citizens" that just want to work and feed their families?
You gonna go to the mall and shoot innocent women and children?

You #ing traitor, you better hope you don't rise up any where I am, the only belly you'll see is the belly of the beast

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Your spineless threats mean absolutely nothing to me or anyone who can see through your obtuseness.

I love how I have gone from a problem to a "traitor" because I want to uphold my constitutional rights as an American citizen. I can't help but laugh at your ridiculous scenarios for an uprising.

You should really know when to call it quits when you are out of your league on a topic you clearly know little about. I wish you the best in your grazing and hope you aren't the first to get culled in the wake of the governmental overreach.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

your clearly delusional, you should seek some of that mental health we talked about, before you hurt yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

How am I delusional? Care to explain that for me?

I'm not the one claiming someone else is the "problem" or a "traitor" for wanting their constitutional rights upheld.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

this is exactly the delusion
you are EXACTLY claiming that other people are the problem for wanting to live their lives and then you talk about "rising up"
If that's not treason then please, redefine the term for me

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I am saying people like YOU are the problem for wanting to take away MY rights as an American citizen because you would feel "safer" if only criminals had guns. I have never vouched to take anyone else rights away as you have through this whole thread.

To commit treason is to actively OVERTHROW the government. I don't need to redefine anything, you just need to actually look up definitions before you spout some nonsense as if you know what you're saying.

Defending myself from governmental overreach is way different bud.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I am saying people like YOU are the problem for wanting to take away MY rights as an American citizen because you would feel "safer" if only criminals had guns. I have never vouched to take anyone else rights away as you have through this whole thread.

To commit treason is to actively OVERTHROW the government. I don't need to redefine anything, you just need to actually look up definitions before you spout some nonsense as if you know what you're saying.

more delusions, show where i have ever said this, just once...ill wait

the action of betraying someone or something.
plural noun: treasons
edit on 10am30900000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

If you were against this whole thing we would not be going back and forth with you defending the removal of guns from the hands of citizens. You have been against everything I have said that was pro 2a since the beginning of this thread stating that I am "willing to dismiss thousands of lives" to keep my guns. Which is downright false that you would even claim such a thing.

Who exactly am I betraying by defending the constitution? You're swimming in circles here, not making a very good effort to stay afloat.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

who is the one picking and choosing?

originally posted by: datguy
You still want everyone to adhere to what you believe, and if they challenge that, then they are ridiculous. Yet you refuse to adhere to what other people want, so much so that you are willing to dismiss thousands of lives and call democracy ridiculous
its not just hypocrisy its selfish.

still waiting, but sure move the goal posts, i'm game, still
edit on 10am30900000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join