It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault on Our Rights

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: datguy

What evidence do you want/ think you need? I can get you anything you want, you just throw out that you want evidence. Give me specifics and I will get you what you want. Even though it will probably hurt your feels

It is pretty hard to get change in a blue state, you must know that. When you have 2 cities voting for the sake of an entire state, it sways the odds pretty good. But, when you have a state filled with people that "agree" with you then its pretty easy to get votes.

well this would be a good start, you could have provided evidence of these statements. Can you?

Not to mention you just proved my point, "the people" agree with him
edit on 11am30900000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
at least he didn't hide documents no one cares about

but trampling on basic rights? apparently the golden state loves this? how about granting more rights on things, no matter what color or creed you are?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

"agreeing" people does not mean they are the ones making the laws, keep trying bud.

What evidence do you want? Tell me exactly so I am not wasting my or your time. Give me a nice list of things to work up for you

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Here, if you can provide evidence proving this statement I can definitely give you more.

I am saying people like YOU are the problem for wanting to take away MY rights as an American citizen because you would feel "safer" if only criminals had guns. I have never vouched to take anyone else rights away as you have through this whole thread.

edit on 11am301000000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Almost all gun laws nowadays are aiming to get rid of "assault weapons" which is a false title, but they (rifles of any sort) only account for 3.5% of homicides nationally. (Per 2019 FBI Crime Stats) Are these families that you bring up going to feel safer over 3%? No, they aren't. And, if we give up those, how long until they come back and take more away? Give them and inch, they will take a mile.

Even if they passed these laws, how many criminals do you know that follow them?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Almost all gun laws nowadays are aiming to get rid of "assault weapons" which is a false title

I WANT to see this evidence, educate me. I am NOT saying that it does not exist, but I am NOT taking your word for it, show me.

but they (rifles of any sort) only account for 3.5% of homicides nationally. (Per 2019 FBI Crime Stats)

Again, you could easily show the evidence. you could even look at further evidence but you have to take into account ALL the information. including rising population and an increase in incidents. Like this example in regards to the 1994 assault weapons ban...
studies of mass shootings
look at the graphs on the right and see how the percentages change over time in relation.

Are these families that you bring up going to feel safer over 3%? No, they aren't. And, if we give up those, how long until they come back and take more away? Give them and inch, they will take a mile.

Have you asked them? you simply cant just say "NO" without anything to back it up, that would be delusional, by definition..

characterized by or holding false beliefs or judgments about external reality that are held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, typically as a symptom of a mental condition

Even if they passed these laws, how many criminals do you know that follow them?

I guess I'm thankful that the only criminals I have known are in jail for a very long time, for using illegal guns to murder someone. (this was before the 1994 assault weapons ban)

But it could be argued, statistically that gun laws prevent needless deaths. Stating that, and using that evidence to debate does not mean I condone anything, but i'm not going to ignore the evidence, that would be ignorant

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Did you not read the OP? That is a major point of this proposed amendment. I don't need to show you, and if I do you are being deliberately obtuse for absolutely no reason, the fact that the rhetoric by the Democrats for the last 3 years have been "assault weapon" bans.

ucr.fbi.gov...

I will let you do the math to add up everything.

I have a mental illness? That is what you are going with? I will ask you, how much safer are you going to feel when, less than 3.5% of the weapons that are used in homicides are banned?

What evidence do you have to support your claim?

edit on 11-6-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Did you not read the OP? That is a major point of this proposed amendment. I don't need to show you, and if I do you are being deliberately obtuse for absolutely no reason, the fact that the rhetoric by the Democrats for the last 3 years have been "assault weapon" bans.

ucr.fbi.gov...

I will let you do the math to add up everything.

I have a mental illness? That is what you are going with? I will ask you, how much safer are you going to feel when, less than 3.5% of the weapons that are used in homicides are banned?

What evidence do you have to support your claim?

Statistically they do work, but that would not make me feel safer, but I am one man out of...how many Americans, again, have you asked them?
I did some math, the information you sourced is flawed, but not your fault. Im not sure how flawed as i have not checked all the stats but,
Based on another source, from the same site, there were more than 1 murder committed in florida in 2019
ucr.fbi.gov...

As i said not your fault, that's why we need to prove what we claim.

Yes i read the whole article and in conclusion, based on your remarks below:

You don't have to believe anything I say. Anyone who knows anything about the government and guns knows that they are doing everything in their power to take them away.

Sooo, there should be evidence for this, right? because I can show you evidence that this is false.

From the article you provided in the OP

"The Democratic governor's proposed 28th Amendment would not abolish the Second Amendment, which establishes a right to bear firearms for personal self-defense and other lawful purposes. "

and then your argument of "the government is out to get us" falls flat on its face displaying the very same delusions you deny

"With Republicans in control of the House and a 51-49 Democratic majority in the Senate, there is virtually no chance that a constitutional amendment restricting gun rights will have enough support to pass through Congress."

The "reality is" that is not the Government as you claim, again the definition of delusional

Instead, Newsom is calling for an Article V convention of states to convene and draft his proposed amendment. Two-thirds of the state legislatures must pass a resolution calling for such a convention before it can convene to consider an amendment to the Constitution. If such a convention adopts a proposed amendment, it then heads back to the state legislatures for ratification.
Three-fourths of the states must ratify a proposed amendment for it to be added to the Constitution — a rare and difficult feat that has only been accomplished 27 times in the nation's history.

edit on 11am301100000023 by datguy because: structure and clarity

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Small anomalies in the data does not make the data flawed. I would bet every cent I will ever make that there is not enough of a difference in data that would make my statement on this false.

"Newsom's proposed amendment would also affirm that Congress, states and local governments can enact additional gun control measures. "

In simpleton terms "we will make more laws alter to keep restricting your rights" not that hard to understand

They can't abolish the 2nd, but they can and will do anything and everything in their power to keep attacking it, as they have done in the past; 1994 "Assault Weapons" Ban

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Small anomalies in the data does not make the data flawed. I would bet every cent I will ever make that there is not enough of a difference in data that would make my statement on this false.

so with the reported 1 murder in your source vs the reported 672 murders in my source, you don't think that would make a difference? and that was just Florida

"Newsom's proposed amendment would also affirm that Congress, states and local governments can enact additional gun control measures. "

In simpleton terms "we will make more laws alter to keep restricting your rights" not that hard to understand

but still inaccurate and ignores the fact these individuals not only have to overcome many hurdles (before it gets challenged and sent to the SC), it also ignores that fact these representatives are supported and elected "by the people"

I don't understand how you support one section of the constitution so vehemently but ignore the rest?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I am not ignoring anything in the constitution, I am sticking to the topic of MY thread that is the 2nd.

My comment is not a statement on, "oh my god these are going to pass, I'm so scared". It is a statement that they are leaving the backdoor wide open to write and try to pass more and more laws restricting guns in the US.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
And I'm trying to show you that your delusional, perceived fears are unwarranted and part of the problem.

They have been at it while, and they fail every time, your not the only patriot.
The only time they will win, is if we keepdividing ourselves amongst perceived lines of political and other bias.
We need to unite.
Otherwise there will be civil war and then they will step in and take total victory.

So ill ask you again...who are you going to rise up against?
stop thinking an armed revolution is the only solution and start uniting our people.
But that means "we" have to choose end this "left/right" paradigm, together. Then we can move forward.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Calling my factual, based on past events, beliefs delusional does make you the problem. I have made no comment of fear in my writings. My writings are of things I have witnessed now, in the past, and things we will all see in the future.

You are the only one claiming I am going to "rise up" against anyone, I have only stated I will defend myself and if need be join the revolution. I am not advocating an armed revolution, but if it were to happen, you bet I will be there ready to go.

I'm sorry that you are so brainwashed that you think calling an elephant an elephant is divisive, in any circumstance.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Claiming that "we" would rise up, if need be, does not mean I am saying "we" are. Nice try though

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
so all of that just went right over your head, good to know

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What did? Your word salad with no meaning or substance? Nah, it was just ignored like you claim I do to everything else you type

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I answered every question you asked me, you answered none of mine. and accused me of saying and believing things that I did not and do not. perhaps if you took the time do those things we would have a better understanding, but you would rather make assumptions and accusations base on nothing more than delusional fears

I tried to lead you to water, you don't have to drink it, you can stay in your desert of delusion if you wish.
just know, that when there is new world order, that water is gone for everyone.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I have responded to every question you have asked. It is not my responsibility or problem that you either ignored and/or did not like my answers.

Your opinion of my answers mean absolutely nothing to me. The fact that you are the only one accusing me of having delusional "fears" says a lot about you. There have been other people in this thread that have said the exact same things I have, yet you consistently say I am wrong? How much sense does that make?

I wish you the best of luck in your obtuse mindedness and hope you can come to grips with that fact that you will not always like the answers people give you to the questions you ask, but that does not make them incorrect.

I am not scared of your "new world order", nor of you and your threats that my guns will be taken away. I wish you luck in doing so if you choose, you will be met with swift and just rewards for your efforts.

Good day

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join