It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST -- June 2023 -- SANDS OF TIME --SOT2023 ---WINNERS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is an Official ATS Short Story Writers Contest!

It is open to ALL members of ATS.

This area is a safe place for our 'mighty fine creative minds' to gather. If you'd like to participate, know that the Terms and Conditions of your membership are strongly enforced. Profanity, Political baiting, Personal attacks, are not allowed or welcomed at all. Want to talk about something else? Then go to the other forums here at ATS. We only discuss the stories in here written by YOU, the membership.

By submitting a Short Story in an Official ATS Contest, you agree to the following;

Your Entry Has to be Original Fiction & posted in it's own thread HERE in the Short Stories forum,. Then in this contest thread, create a post with a link to your story. If you need any help with Spelling or Grammar-checking, Word-Counting, and more please visit; Writer Tools; Spell Check and More

Your Story Should be written and edited with paragraphs. We have noticed that stories copy & pasted from 'mobile devices' might lose their formatting. Please review how it looks on the ATS Thread and add the proper editing (as you have only about 20 minutes to make edits/corrections). This is a contest, no one wants to read a solid block of words.

A.I. Technology can not be used in the stories creation. Only ATS members are allowed to participate in the Contest.

You may enter more than once, but you can only win one prize.

"The END" needs to be at the bottom of your story, it wont add to the word-count.

You will be awarded "Writer" Status if you win 1st or 2nd in the non-writer category, please add in your stories title 'non-writer'.

The contest will run from NOW to Saturday, July 1, 2023. Any submissions after that date will be disqualified. A period of ONE WEEK after the closing of the contest will be provided for reading & voting.

Contest Winners get to choose the next Contest Theme. This contest theme is courtesy of our last winner Encia22, and is entitled: SANDS OF TIME --SOT2023 --Let your imagination trickle through your fingers like sand in an hourglass and give us a story that transcends time. It could be a beachcomber’s adventure, a Lawrence of Arabia style epic or even a quantum physics savvy sasquatch in an impossible love affair with the President’s granddaughter… Just remember, time is your worst enemy, so don’t dilly-dally, get comfy and let your heart and soul dictate your bestest tale.

RULES OF ENTRY (are simple)

* Entries must be original fiction. ATS members cannot be characters.
* The Contest is for Humans only: No AI submissions.
* Entries MUST include -SOT2023- in your Stories title. ( e.g. Wedded Bliss -SOT2023- non-writer )
* This is a 'SHORT STORY' Contest. Stories that run past the OP are accepted but no points given for additional posts.
* You need to post a link to your story here in this contest thread so others know that you made up an entry.
* You must stay within the Terms and Conditions (please read)

WINNERS and SCORING

ATS "Writer" status, prizes as follows:
1st -- 5 Applause, and gets to choose the next contest theme (Repeat winners can choose to pass to another for the theme of a future contest).
2nd -- 3 Applause
3rd -- 1 Applause

non-writer will receive the following:
1st Place -- 3 Applause & Writer Status
2nd Place -- 2 Applause & Writer Status
3rd Place -- 1 Applause

How the Contestants get points to win all depends on you! You can give FLAGS to your favorite story and add STARS to your favorite stories opening post.

We then tally up the scores of 'Flags' (worth 2 points each). And 'Stars' in the opening post (worth 1 point each)

And that's it! Got a question? We're happy to try and answer anything about the
contests/rules etc. But ENJOY this new contest, GOOD LUCK, HAPPY READING and HAVE FUN!

Note: New OP contest format, image selection and artwork thanks to JohnnyAnonymous. Artwork for this contest courtesy of Encia22

And the Winners Are.....
edit on Thu Jul 13 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Awesome! Cant wait to get stuck into this one

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks, DTOM, for organising this new contest.

I'm looking forward to the stories and curious to see how my theme is interpreted.

Good luck everyone!

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Here we go!

edit on 1-6-2023 by Moon68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

This contest theme is courtesy of our last winner Encia22, and is entitled: SANDS OF TIME --SOT2023 --Let your imagination trickle through your fingers like sand in an hourglass and give us a story that transcends time. It could be a beachcomber’s adventure, a Lawrence of Arabia style epic or even a quantum physics savvy sasquatch in an impossible love affair with the President’s granddaughter… Just remember, time is your worst enemy, so don’t dilly-dally, get comfy and let your heart and soul dictate your bestest tale.

Thank you for the theme, contest art choice, and the motivational prompt, miss Encia. Lol
Your thoughts on creative writing here on ATS are the higher percentage of why I will post my entries.

edit on 612323 by BeNotAfraid because: the juice flows

edit on 612323 by BeNotAfraid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Submission One:

A Nonlinear Narrative

I don't know how I feel about this one, may just come off as bad writing. Anyway, there it is.
edit on 1-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Mine
Progress? SOT2023 Writer

As short as I could force myself to do it

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

Thanks BeNotAfraid! Very kind of you to say.

I'm glad you're going to participate.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Non writer!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Time Clocks of Love SOT2023
edit on 2-6-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

I edited non-writer to your title.
We have two categories, a winner for each.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Thank you, I also do not know how to add a link to my story!

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:44 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com... (SOT2023) Tommy and Don

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I scared myself writing this:

The rotting symbol of Galilea - SOT2023 - non-writer

See you around.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

No offence, JJ. It's just a label that's used in the contests if you've never participated and placed in the top two in that category.

I'm sure you'll achieve ATS "writer" status, soon!

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How do I join?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Assmodeus

Just continue to make comments until you hit 20 I think.

Welcome

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

thank you!

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Assmodeus

I hope you reach your 20 post target soon, Assmodeus, so that you can post your story.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Remote....SOT2023

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join