It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SOT2023) Tommy and Don

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It is strange the thoughts that were running through my mind as the sands of time ran thru the imaginary hour glass sat before me.

Tommy had been one of my best friends and along with Don we flew a three ship Acrobatic routine at some of our local airshows; nothing astounding but we had fun and our hotel and gas was payed for where ever we went so it was worth it for three guys who loved to fly.

We were gathered by our aircraft before our latest show when Tommy with a majestic wave of his hand said, “ As I stood upon the burning sand I did spy a camel caravan; under a sky ever so blue you could see their destination was Timbuktu.”

Not to be outdone Don thought for a moment and then said, “ Tim and me a hunting we had WENT, where we saw three maidens all in a TENT. Now, they be three and we be two so I bucked one and Tim bucked two.”

I was speechless and had to fight the tears back from laughing so hard.

Even today I smiled as I thought of my long dead friends and the good times we had shared over the years. I guess as long as you remember someone they are never truly dead ?

I could tell the hourglass sand was almost gone from the top cylinder as I laid upon the floor; at least the chest pain had stopped. I saw a bright light and in that light stood Tommy and Don with outstretched hands beckoning me to come to them.

The End.
edit on 727rdk23 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That was awesome, really struck a chord with me, what are we at the end but stories told by our friends?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Amazing!

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Superbly done!

Til Valhalla Tommy and Don

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

A moving story, 727Sky! The inclusion of poetry made it even more poignant.

top topics

join