It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffalo Bills player collapses on field

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: face23785

Earnhardt didn't remove any "protection" because there wasn't any protection there. The Hans Device was optional at the time, not required. Earnhardt's accident wasn't a major impact, it was an aberration. The force of impact created a shear plane between his head and body resulting in a shearing of the spinal cord where it entered the brain stem.

link to LA Times

What we found in the accident investigation was that this left side [lap belt] had separated, even though it was buckled. When the safety crew got to him, this part here"--Nelson then held up an intact lap belt--"was not connected to the roll cage anymore. There was a separation right in this area--it became two pieces.”

Pre Hans. The device before the Hans. Anyway here is the situaton. I recall reports that he had loosened it up thinking the race was over. I see here it was saying the strap was loosened by a tear.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: coamanach
a reply to: carewemust

I have no idea why the video changed like that as it was normally watchable when I posted it.

It seems someone wants it hidden...

You can still watch it by clicking on "watch it on youtube" but it is age restricted now.

You can tell the broadcast was on a tape-delay, by how they show CPR being administered, less than 10 seconds after the tackle occurred.

Well...I actually never did see them start CPR.

I saw the medical team there pretty quickly...but actually never saw them start chest compressions.

I would think the would have to get his pads off first...I know I would before I started compressions.

It looked to me like he died on the field and they revived him at least once before the ambulance took him away to the hospital.

What video are you seeing this in?

I must be watching a completely different video! The video I watched they never started CPR at all!

What am I missing?

I watched it live and sat thru all of it. I was sure they would revive him, take him to the hospital and continue the game. Can't blame them for not finishing it.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

NASCAR was covering their ass. The first person in the car said that he couldn't get the belt loose until he really yanked hard on it, and it finally came loose. If NASCAR showed a broken belt, and no one could prove it wasn't broken before it was removed from the car, they're covered, and can put the blame pretty much wherever they want. But as pointed out, that belt had never failed in the history of NASCAR, and the person that would know it was broken said he could barely get the belts loose and had to struggle hard to get them.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

He didn't take it off, it wasn't installed in his car. The HANS device wasn't required until after his accident. Several other drivers were killed before him due to similar accidents, but at the time he was killed, it was still optional.

OK, so how does it affect the Buffalo player, IDK?

Semantics, it was reported he loosened it and didn't retighten in on the NASCAR media feed live. That is all I have.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

We’re talking about two different things. The HANS device was not the five point harness he was wearing. The harness was standard in all cars. It was a dual shoulder harness, that attached to a lap belt, and has a strap up between the legs to anchor it. There was no way to tell if he loosened the shoulder straps, or the force of his body going forward in the impact loosened them.

The HANS device attaches to the back of the seat, and attaches to the helmet, and has a neck device that keeps the head from snapping forward in a frontal impact. That’s what killed him and two other drivers in the couple years before he was killed. After his crash they mandated the HANS device in all cars.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I know, my point was about the radio report. Similar this story with the Buffalo player, the Sport managed to spin some things. On race day I do recall a report about how he had not tightened his belts all the way. Can't prove it, just what I remember from that horrible day. Not a Big E fan when it happened. but that was one hell of a tough racer and worthy of praise.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I have no idea why the video changed like that as it was normally watchable when I posted it.

You can still watch it by clicking on "watch it on youtube" but it is age restricted now.

You can tell the broadcast was on a tape-delay, by how they show CPR being administered, less than 10 seconds after the tackle occurred.

I saw the medical team there pretty quickly...but actually never saw them start chest compressions.

I would think the would have to get his pads off first...I know I would before I started compressions.

It looked to me like he died on the field and they revived him at least once before the ambulance took him away to the hospital.

I must be watching a completely different video! The video I watched they never started CPR at all!

What am I missing?

I watched it live and sat thru all of it. I was sure they would revive him, take him to the hospital and continue the game. Can't blame them for not finishing it.

Okay...well I was talking about the video that was posted in the early part of this thread!

In that video...I never saw them do CPR!

I'm not saying that they didn't by any means...it's just not in that video from early on!

Hold on...I'll go get it and post it again so you know what I was seeing!

Of course it was way back on page 3...

edit on 4-1-2023 by jerryznv because: random

(post by Adept18 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
ESPN stayed on the field and were lost as to what to do or not to do. We could see CPR at least once and the players faces they showed clearly said he was dead and they were doing everything they could. I thought I saw an MSM story today about being revived twice that his brother reported.

What am I missing?

Okay...well I was talking about the video that was posted in the early part of this thread!

In that video...I never saw them do CPR!

I'm not saying that they didn't by any means...it's just not in that video from early on!

Hold on...I'll go get it and post it again so you know what I was seeing!

Of course it was way back on page 3...

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

That story was corrected. They only did CPR once for nine minutes, which is stunning.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

That story was corrected. They only did CPR once for nine minutes, which is stunning.

Just heard his Uncle say he was revived (actually said died) twice and he was in tears as it was happening. Crying harder than he ever had. Nine minutes to revive the 1st time is a death sentence due to brain damage. More likely they got him going again and he had to be revived again or his brain went a long time without O2. It may be too late for him. I pray it is not.

edit on 4-1-2023 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 1/4/2023 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This is such a trajedy for the kid and his family. He's only 24 also. Way too young. The doctors are saying he's trending in a positive way and that's the absolute best news we can get.

On a side note, I'm proud I read this thread and not see so many stereotypical people scream things like "I bet he was vaccinated" "it was the jab".

Gives me a little hope seeing people aren't as dumb as I may think. I know this website goes crazy with anti vaxx stuff. It's good to see we're focused on his well being instead.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Just heard his Uncle say he was revived (actually said died) twice and he was in tears as it was happening. Crying harder than he ever had. Nine minutes to revive the 1st time is a death sentence due to brain damage. More likely they got him going again and he had to be revived again or his brain went a long time without O2. It may be too late for him. I pray it is not.

Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery but due to age, athleticism and immediate first aid he'll hopefully make a full recovery.

I have severe seizures lasting 15mins plus myself which prevent breathinig and blood oxygen levels have never dipped below 98 due to years of conditioning as an endurance athlete. Athletic conditioning and training can more than tripple the duration of 02 deprevation before associated brain damage kicks in but still horrible/emotional things to go through.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Doesn't sound like he'll play football again. They said his lungs are damaged.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   

What? How is that he had a heart attack not a lung attack?

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
common case of Nonvaxxelrelatial Shouldaboostedmore Syndrome

- doctor in real life AND on tee tee

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: crazyeddie68

Everything I heard said that he hated the idea of having it installed. He couldn’t stand the thought of it restricting his movement.

I heard the same.

The thing you have to understand about Dale is that he was very old school.

I even heard Dale would ridicule safety equipment by saying it was for sissies.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What? How is that he had a heart attack not a lung attack?

Don't ask me. I'm not a doctor. I'm just posting what I read.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join