It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to Elvis sightings?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What ever happened to Elvis sightings?

I remember back in the day running into all sorts of people who would claim outlandish stories of Elvis sightings and they empahtically believed that Elvis was secretly alive and living a secret life away from the pressures of stardom.

I haven't encountered these folks in a while.

I hope they're ok.

Remember when the weirdness and oddities of Urban Legends used to be fun and ridiculous?

I think we need to bring back the weird and harmless aspect of American Culture.

I remember dating a young man in my youth whose father was an Elvis impersonator and would perform at a local dive bar in Corpus Christi.

He was actually pretty good.

When I was following the Grateful Dead in '95 we landed in Memphis and there was an Elvis impersonator hanging around the venue in a cheap satin suit. He was kind of a jerk though and I thought it hilarious that as he walked away after insulting me for some reason that he was complete oblivious to the huge rip in the back of his outfit and his hairy butt was plainly visible. Got a chuckle out of that.

So in the vien of fun and lighthearted weirdness and woo, has anyone had an Elvis sighting recently?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Long live the King!

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I think smartphones killed those claims. Pictures or it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Maybe every single sighting was legit, but he's dead now?

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

You would think smartphones would reveal loads of evidence.

Unfortunately that crowd probably still uses flip phones and the younger generation doesn't even know who Elvis is.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

That is a distinct possiblity.

Or we could go with the Men In Black theory that he just went home.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Some flip phones had cameras.

I went to a Furry convention in Memphis years ago. There had been an Elvis convention two weeks before in the same hotel. They said they were still finding Elvises in the bushes inside the hotel.

Several hundred Elvises, now that is a sighting.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

That's absolutely glorious.

Glad to hear the phenomena is still alive and well!

I don't demand photographic evidence, stories are good enough for me.

That must have been fun!

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   

"The Mandela Effect" corrected the timeline divergence.

Thanks C.E.R.N.!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Maybe...

OR the people who remember who Elvis even is have passed on to the malt shop in the sky themselves ...and Elvis totters on in infirmacy?

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I hesitate mentioning this however ..... Im guessing that this was at least ten years ago. We had a very interesting Elvis thread here that claimed that Elvis was still alive and more or less working as an Elvis impersonator although that is not quite correct. He looked like an older Elvis and the resemblance was remarkable down to the small mole and he even had utube videos where he sang.. He was invited to Elvis daughters wedding and other stuff that made me a believer. The thread was removed fast without giving a reason why and and any mention of Elvis was removed fast for a few weeks. Not saying it was Elvis , but it was Elvis LOL.
edit on 27-7-2022 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   

He's in hiding he was the fake gunmen that gunned down Tupac in Vegas. Now he's living with Biggie Smalls and Him, Biggie, and Pac all hang out and feed the pigeons on a Central Park bench every Tuesday afternoon. Apparantley he still goes by "the King" and writes ghost lyrics for Taylor Swift.

Sorry I'm an ass
Ill see my way out now

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Many years ago I did a whole thread on this topic (tongue firmly in cheek style).

Elvis Death Hoax : The King is Dead. Long Live the King!

It's a fun story though!

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Part of the weirdness is that the sightings are usually Elvis of a certain age and wearing a certain outfit.
Wasn't the sequin outfits only a year or so of his life too?

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PolyATS
Part of the weirdness is that the sightings are usually Elvis of a certain age and wearing a certain outfit.
Wasn't the sequin outfits only a year or so of his life too?

I think that's probably because there are a lot of Elvis impersonators. They are mainly fairly rotund, middle aged men and the sequin outfit is the go to choice for those of a certain physique.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
I hesitate mentioning this however ..... Im guessing that this was at least ten years ago. We had a very interesting Elvis thread here that claimed that Elvis was still alive and more or less working as an Elvis impersonator although that is not quite correct. He looked like an older Elvis and the resemblance was remarkable down to the small mole and he even had utube videos where he sang.. He was invited to Elvis daughters wedding and other stuff that made me a believer. The thread was removed fast without giving a reason why and and any mention of Elvis was removed fast for a few weeks. Not saying it was Elvis , but it was Elvis LOL.
yes sir defo him he has songs to his daughter ffs jon cotner be fast peeple before they shut this down to

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I personally don't think he died but wanted to be away from the fame. He likely found out how dangers it is and most people usually wind up in a very sinful unhappy life. They think they are living high at first then wind up figuring thins out either too late or more often the case when they wind up dead.
edit on 27-7-2022 by Sooga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Guess what. China has a BIGGER Cern they are going to test next year and go into full operation by 2025 I think it was. It's like 8X stronger then the current one.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

He's living in Japan hahaha.

The REAL Elvis was a genuine nice person.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Maybe...

OR the people who remember who Elvis even is have passed on to the malt shop in the sky themselves ...and Elvis totters on in infirmacy?
Maybe the recent NEW Elvis movie will spark a resurgence in sightings.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sooga

I personally don't think he died but wanted to be away from the fame. He likely found out how dangers it is and most people usually wind up in a very sinful unhappy life. They think they are living high at first then wind up figuring thins out either too late or more often the case when they wind up dead.
Maybe he just wanted people to always remember him as being thin.

Famous people who die(?) young stay forever young. They never age. Never get old and fat.

edit on 7/27/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join