It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New and improved Commandments to live by

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have been watching the new morality that has emerged in the US and thought we ought to give a look at the new commandments compared to the old commandments. Many who are Christophobic and Anti-Semitic have said that the commandments are racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/hateful/violent and to be abandoned.

1. (old to be abandoned) You shall have no other gods before me (i.e. God).
(new) I am god and god is within me, I shall have no other gods but me.

2. (old) You shall not worship graven images.
(new) You shall not worship anything but the political party of your choice.

3. (old) You shall not take the Lord's name in vain.
(new) You shall not say anything that might hurt the feelings of other gods who are followers of political correctness; misgendering, microaggressive words, all ist/ism words are forbidden.

4. (old) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God.
(new) The holy days shall be those you choose to be holy.

5. (old) Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
(new) Children shall lie and deceive their father and mother if the public school or the state tells them to deceive their parents.

6. (old) You shall not murder.
(new) You shall only murder babies, in the womb, even those who can survive outside the womb, and shortly after birth if the XX person who birthed them doesn't want them, even if the baby is healthy.

7. (old) You shall not commit adultery
(new) You shall be free to engage in any type of sexual activity, with any consenting person, in any manner you choose.

8. (old) You shall not steal.
(new) You shall not steal anything worth more than $999.00.

9. (old) You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (lie)
(new) Politicians, journalists, social media shall lie to the public for their own good and to bring about social justice and to have everyone agreeing with the political class at all times on all issues, as they are the supreme authority who know what is best for all.

10. (old) You shall not envy what others have.
(new) You shall want whatever you want because you are god and envy is a natural motivator.

Ideas? I know that these are not very good. I'd like ideas to improve them.

edit on 6/2/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Many who are Christophobic have said that the commandments are racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/hateful/violent and to be abandoned.

I think you have your Testaments confused. Moses, not Jesus Christ, gave us the 10 Commandments in the Old Testament.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Many who are Christophobic have said that the commandments are racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/hateful/violent and to be abandoned.

I think you have your Testaments confused. Moses, not Jesus Christ, gave us the 10 Commandments in the Old Testament.

Great catch. I added anti-semitic to the opening paragraph.

However, the 10 commandments may be in the old testament, but Christians also believe in the 10 Commandments and the Old Testament, and so did the US government for most of it's existence. The 10 Commandments were carved into a couple of government buildings early in US history.

But you are correct, I should have added Anti-Semitic to the opening paragraph to begin with. Thanks for the catch.

edit on 6/2/22 by The2Billies because: spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
You nailed it, Billie! Anything added would be superfluous.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I get where you are going with this but don't understand what it infers for us here as most are ethical regardless of what religion they practise.

From my perspective, morality is inherent in us as a tribal being/herd animal and it is our current governments that are pushing people outside the bounds of sensibility. They themselves work without scruples and as leaders it is problematic, especially when others follow.

Most religions, even those whose concept of small god being that fraction of big God within the self, are not evil simply because they aren't rooted in the Judeo/Christian/Muslim god. Perhaps, I just don't understand how human culture rose/fell and mostly thrived for millennia before those religions even arose yet people feel we were only saved by those fairly new religions.

Our world has grown weak minded and is being exploited by the leadership who, perhaps, are worshipping evil, and nothing says it better than "misery loves company"

Not anything against your post. Maybe need to be Christian to understand. I'm not but not a bad person.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I've always thought 10 were to many , I'm sure Mosses would agree.

I have but 3.
1: Live your life as best you can.
2: Do no harm.
3:Be excellent to each other.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Not saying you are a bad person.

I'm saying morality has drastically changed. What is moral has changed. What is immoral has changed.

It is up to you to decide if the new or old morality it better.

I think that for many of them the change is for the worse: encouragaing children to lie to their parents for example and California and liberal DA's deciding that it is moral to steal less then $999 worth of goods and so won't be prosecuted.

Personally I think the "new morality" can be dangerous to ones health (as in STD's, loss of bowl control, heartbreak are often the result of the new morality.

Etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The 10 commandments are not Christian commandments though I get the context

If we were to change the one Christian commandment, love others it would be
Love yourself above everything
And that’s pretty much what the modern Christian church teaches, exactly what the church of satan teaches as well
So, not that far removed from reality

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Not saying you are a bad person.

I'm saying morality has drastically changed. What is moral has changed. What is immoral has changed.

It is up to you to decide if the new or old morality it better.

I think that for many of them the change is for the worse: encouragaing children to lie to their parents for example and California and liberal DA's deciding that it is moral to steal less then $999 worth of goods and so won't be prosecuted.

Personally I think the "new morality" can be dangerous to ones health (as in STD's, loss of bowl control, heartbreak are often the result of the new morality.

Etc.

I wasn't seeing it as personal. Just throwing it out there.

Crazy about the decision on theft under $1000. I could see if they were being specific to starving, homeless people stealing a tiny amount of food in desperation but up to a grand makes it pretty open to home invasions, theft of pricy retail. That's awful and seems yet again designed to turn people against each other, further degrading society.

In conjunction with removing/restricting people's guns which used to be the right tool for the job to protect against such theft. It leaves people so weakened. Allowed to steal but not allowed to defend. Told the proper thing is to call the cops but oops, we defunded the cops, you're on your own. But better not do anything about it or there will be repercussions. Like if the person stealing from you is a different colour or trans you'd get done for racism/transism etc. Ok, maybe not that last one but who knows in the future.

And don't even get me started on the trans children issues... ugh. That's messed up to even my non religious mind. Nothing against trans people but it's gone too far. Way too far. They are a tiny minority.
edit on 2-6-2022 by igloo because: It's all insane

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The original (old) was to be a guide to get to Heaven. What is the new set supposed to guide me to? Hell?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The 10 commandments are not Christian commandments though I get the context

If we were to change the one Christian commandment, love others it would be
Love yourself above everything
And that’s pretty much what the modern Christian church teaches, exactly what the church of satan teaches as well
So, not that far removed from reality

If self is a fraction of the whole/creator, love of self would be open to both interpretations and could be taken either way.

Maybe wording somehow changed in translation over time to cause this. Some languages simply don't carry as much meaning in their words for the more esoteric concepts.

Maybe love others as self, as we are all part of the whole and what is negative to one will reverberate through the whole to hurt all including the originator. Then love of self evolves into self respect/respect of others.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As regards the law about thefts under $1000, they should have limited it to food.

It's a stupid law to be sure, but doubly stupid because it isn't limited to what a starving person can steal.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'm all for going back to the Old Testament style of morality, where....

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Why can't I own Canadians?

or as in Exodus 21:7 it's sanctioned you can sell your daughter into slavery. What do you think the going price for daughters is in todays market.

also, I have a neighbor that continues to work on the Sabbath, Exodus 35:2 clearly states that he should be put to death.
Am I morally obligated to do it or should I call in the professionals?

Thanks for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging!!

edit on 2-6-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I've always thought 10 were to many , I'm sure Mosses would agree.

I have but 3.
1: Live your life as best you can.
2: Do no harm.
3:Be excellent to each other.

You forgot:

4: San Dimas Highschool Football Rules!

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm all for going back to the Old Testament style of morality, where....

also, I have a neighbor that continues to work on the Sabbath, Exodus 35:2 clearly states that he should be put to death.
Am I morally obligated to do it or should I call in the professionals?
Thanks for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging!!

Those are not commandments. I was talking specifically about the 10 commandments.

What I am talking about is the new morality.

The new morality that the politically correct demand we accept and support at the cost of being fired/ being doxed/being social media shamed/being personally destroyed/having our business destroyed if we don't agree 100% with them:

Below are the "new morals" that are being forced on everyone in the USA by the liberal progressives:

1.These days stealing less than $999.00 is not a crime in many areas of the nation which is part of the new morality.
Stacey Abrams and others are demanding an end to police and closing of all jails as the new morality (let dangerous criminals free to commit more crime]. We have seen an enormous rise in crime, in every liberal city in the nation that has reduced or treated their police force with great contempt.

2.These days children in public schools are encouraged to lie to their parents if the teachers feel the parents won't like what they are being taught in school.

3. These days people are encouraged to engage in sex with any and everyone, ignoring the fact that some STD's are becoming drug resistant, ignoring the fact that some STD's are incurable, ignoring the fact that one type of sex can make one incontinent with their bowels, not to mention the heartbreak and anxiety that come from multiple upon multiples of sexual partners.

4. These days people are expected to deny biological science and say defining what is a woman and what is a man is impossible, Yet, people are openly made examples of, and punished for accidentally misgendering someone, when gender is considered undefinable.

5. These days murder is considered acceptable, if the murdered is an infant, even a healthy infant capable of surviving outside the womb or a newly born infant if the XX doesn't want it to live. Not acknowledging that after viability a C-section which can take as little as 5 minutes is far more likely to save the life of XX than an abortion that takes hours to days to complete.

6. These days one must confess if one has low levels of melanin in their skin that they are born inherent evil oppressors and must be discriminated against in order to end discrimination.

7. These days if one has high levels of melanin in their skin they must acknowledge they are born oppressed and will always be an oppressed class and should be angry about it and despise those low in melanin for their privileged low melanin levels.

8. These days it is considered necessary and highly moral to give pre-pubertal children puberty blockers that are known to cause sterility and even surgery to remove breast tissue or a penis/scrotum, before the children are old enough to understand the consequences of permanent sterility and that type of cosmetic surgery.

9. These days it is considered evil and punishable to accidentally commit a microagression (looking at someone funny, or saying something an innocuous as I like your hair) which may offend someone, even if the "microaggression" was unintentional.

10. These days if one voted "incorrectly" (not for HIllary or Biden) they are automatically labeled a racist, sexist, homophobe, transphobe, deplorable person who clings to their guns and bible - even if that doesn't define the person at all. Simply "voting" wrong means being labeled an evil person to the core.

11. Parents who question schools teaching the ABC's of LGBT to 4-8 year olds are called domestic terrorists and put on lists by school boards, teachers and principals.

12. Parents who question white children being taught they are born evil and teaching black children they are born oppressed are also deemed domestic terrorists by the FBI.

Lastly: Children belong to the schools when they are in public school and the parents have no rights if their children are in a public school.

This is the new morality I am talking about. This is what liberal progressives say is the new morality everyone must agree with and follow and believe in their hearts - OR ELSE!

The things you mentioned were done long long ago an ancient times. The things I mentioned are being forced upon every US citizen by the liberal progressives today.

The worst thing of all in my mind is the destruction of friendship. Teaching people not just to hate, but to fire/dox/destroy anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with the littlest bit of ones political ideology. That you can't be friends with someone not in your political party. Teaching people that everyone is now to be looked upon as a potential sexual partner in order to be fair to LGBT persons, ending the comfort of traditional same sex friendships as old fashioned and out of date. Teaching people that those who are religious are dangerous and should one should fear them and not be friends with them or talk to them or interact with them.

This part of the new morality I think is what is tearing our nation in half which will end in the collapse of the USA as we know it, and then totalitarianism (forcing everyone to think and speak what the single political party in charge tells you to, just like China.) Just as Obama wished for when he wished the political system in China would be the same as the political system in the USA.

If these are your moral stances.
Why is is moral to force them on others using doxing/firing/etc.?
Why is it immoral and a punishable offense for conservatives to say let us be and don't force your morals on us and our children?

I don't object to you having these morals
I object to you forcing them on everyone
forcing everyone to believe as you do
and demanding actual concrete punishment
(doxing/firing/social media bully/personal destruction/destruction of livelihood)
on those who don't agree with them.

A retort of "well Christians and Jews ....." and mentioning something that happened centuries ago is not relevant.

edit on 6/2/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I've heard there is a new god of this world (although he's really the same old master of it just like he told Jesus in the desert), and he has just one commandment: Do as thou wilt, only love me.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

If self is a fraction of the whole?

There is a context to the whole New Testament and Christ’s message, death and resurrection throughout the bible.
Jesus teaches christians to deny self and place others first, just like Jesus did Himself
There is no gray, no misunderstanding, no confusion of language, Jesus brought in a self less, counter cultural message

The modern church is about serving itself, no different from the satanic church.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What I am talking about is the new morality.

It' obvious that you're stressed out to the max. And I'm sure you do know that stress in one's life causes a negative mind set and in turn you get physically ill and prone to accidents and other psychological trauma. I'm not a Doctor but I do play one on TV and that's enough for me to prescribe a break from Qanon, Fox, brietbart, Info wars, drudge, Glen Beck and the rest of those indulging in the American whine fest, especially twitter.

edit on 2-6-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What did I write that isn't true in the USA somewhere?

Attacking me personally is a sign that one can not defend their point of view.

So tell me if my definition of the new commandments is wrong, and why, instead of going the easy insult route.

new topics

top topics

join