It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

info needed on Schizophrenia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I was prepared to make some immature, mocking comment when entering this thread

Why though?
what would make you want to?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
been reading a few sites;

www.mentalhealth.com...

www.seroquel.com...

www.schizophrenia.com...

www.mentalhealth.com...

And ive been reading more into Schizophrenia and trying to build a better knowledge on it and learn a way to cope with it. Most sites state i should join a support good, but im not sure about mixing with people.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
First off, I suggest trying to go work for the Government.

They will take proper care of you.

Just don't sign up for any of the 'extra benefits', or tell them "Whatever's good for you" because it might end sour.

Other advice would include not joining a 'support' group-think, and not taking any drugs that they give you.

BTW, Any idea what caused the 'schism'?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Other advice would include not joining a 'support' group-think, and not taking any drugs that they give you.

BTW, Any idea what caused the 'schism'?

Well, i have to take the medication cause it ain't pretty if i dont take them,

secondly, i have no idea what has caused it, but things started turning bad at about 14/15 (4-5 years ago).

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Medication can make me unstable if i don't follow strict schedule. Therefor, summers suck.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
Medication can make me unstable if i don't follow strict schedule. Therefor, summers suck.

Yeah i've find that out many times before in the past,
i also follow them to a strict schedule now.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Often, i will have memory loss if i don't remember to take my meds. Memory loss is a pain in the buttox as i have people telling me stories of the bizzare and wacko things i did to them when i didn't take my meds. Like i said, it sucks.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hey, i've been skitzophrenic(undiagnosed) for the past 6 months and im 14 years old and its something u dont feel like ure gunna ever make it through dureing the first few months, there were days when i had horrible "attacks" i geuss u would call them and i would have hallucinations and there would be voices all around me and i would see black figures in every dark corner of my house and i just wanted to die but lately it hasnt been as bad. i've read that its only really bad at first. its had a drastic affect on my life though, i went from an all A student to a B-C student and i lost my girlfreind cuz of it and many of my freinds and i think its the worst thing someone could go through so im here to tell u i feel for ya . . .

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hak3r_13
so im here to tell u i feel for ya . . .

thanx dude

im sadly slowing losing my girlfriend to over this, whatever is wrong with me is going to win some day.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i was wondering, about ur girlfreind, is she the only real way to make things right? like when i was with my girlfreind all the voices would go away and i just felt completly relaxed. even though we broke up ( becuase i was just putting to much stress on her) we are still good freinds and still when im around her everything just goes away and ive never read anything about people haveing a way out. so i was wondering if its the for u with ur girlfreind?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
no, its all still there even when im with my girlfriend. it doesnt go away, well it has now cause ive been on strong medication, but it always use to be there.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, infininte. I thought it would get better once your meds starting kicking in. What doesn't she like about you?

The only reason my relationships with my family and s/o survive is because of my meds. they've also accepted my quirks. . . my stuttering..all of a sudden asking where I am...how did I get here.....

What happened?
Dot.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Is stuttering a sympton of skitzophrenia, dotgov101? i didnt know that but ever since it started a lot of people have said i stutter more than i used too. are meds really worth it? it sounds like they have alot of bad sideffects and are there meds available for young teens such as me?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, infininte. I thought it would get better once your meds starting kicking in. What doesn't she like about you?

The only reason my relationships with my family and s/o survive is because of my meds. they've also accepted my quirks. . . my stuttering..all of a sudden asking where I am...how did I get here.....

What happened?
Dot.

She thinks there is nothing wrong with me, she believes im just like anyone else. She thinks i am better now and dont need the meds, we are on a break, mainly due to the meds relaxing me so much that i spend all time in bed. She thinks im boring, but since ive stopped taking them, ive got my energy back.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Infinite, what do you plan to do with the situation with your girlfriend?
You should always carry an alpha plan in your back pocket.
Here is mine: "If all else fails, raid the fridge."
It has never done me wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Infinite, what do you plan to do with the situation with your girlfriend?

Work through it and fix it, i want to be with her for the rest of my life, i no im only 19, but i can see myself still being with her for the rest of my life.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
You are very hopeful. It is a good quality to have.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

well, hope is all i have left.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

well, hope is all i have left.

I hope that you really don't beleive that.
It is never a true statement.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I hope that you really don't beleive that.
It is never a true statement.

i sort of do and sort of dont believe it to be honest,
sometimes i think it though.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join