It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

info needed on Schizophrenia

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i have schizophrenia.
i think.
schizophrenia is hard to diagnose from what i know.
from what i heard, schiophrenia can be confused with bipolar, delusionary disorder, manic depression, paranoia, post-traumatic disorder, anxiety, and even ADD.
it is very complicated.
but i get depressed very easily 1 minute and happy the next.
sometimes i think everyone can read my mind and i am the newbie on this world.
i know that stuff sounds crazy, but i don't believe it as much as you. but it attacks me and i can't help to believe it as a possibility. i've unrealisticaly thought of my self as Jesus, Goku(DBZ), and the president of USA. unrealisticly though, i never seriously believed it, but i went down to deep in a hole pondering things and felt as if. and no, i am not crazy. i could relate a lot of things i have been through to you that you would call me crazy for but in turn i could say i was euphoric somehow through most events.

be the way, i believe i have a drug induced form of schizophrenia, *snip*. it has recently been proven that marijuana DOES let forth schizophrenia in individuals who have it dormant in them. *snip*
i am peaceful and i consider myself well above average in intelligience, but too many times in the day i am off track thinking some crazy ass stuff that sometimes leads unto a wonderful conclusion but most of the time i just say, "what *snip* was i just thinking?!"

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2006/7/1 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I personaly, have come to the point, where its beyond irrational thoughts in my head, or voices in my head. I have reached the point, where I can hallucinate regularly and know its not real. I have never done any type of drugs either, so I know my problem isnt due to that. I was against medical treatment earlier in this post I think, as this is an old one, however now that I have reached this point, I decided to see a doctor, and I honestly would feel it safer for everyone else if I be in a hospital.

Its rough, hallucinating in my own home, becoming paniced over something I know isnt real, yet my eyes see it, clear as day. However, its when it happens while driving that lead me to seek help, I dont want to hurt anyone because im too ignorant to seek science to solve this problem, so I suppose with time, and experiance, my mind has been changed. Although with a mind like mine, change isnt all that much unussual.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Has anyone done any research on chemical imbalances? My son who is 22 was diagnosed with schizophrenia 3 years ago and was institutionalized twice in the first year. Both times he was given increasing doses of zyprexa, ritalin etc. Like most others on antipsychotics he developed that glazed over look and had terrible tremors. Seeing him like that just broke my heart and prompted me to conduct intensive research into this disorder. Eventually I stumbled accross the work of Dr. Abram Hoffer who uses an orthomolecular (vitamin thereapy) approach. From research on the internet, I learned that Dr Hoffer is the world's foremost expert on schizophrenia. I took my son to Victoria BC to see Dr. Hoffer almost 2 years ago. He started him on mega doses of vitamins (particularily niacin - B3) and weaned him off all pharmaceuticals. He has been symptom free ever since. If anyone is interested in more info please feel free to contact me.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Schizophrenia is a many a varied concept. There are many different synptoms that have gone into the diagnosis of schizophrenia, but a composite list will usually show that there are only generalizations.........uncomfortable thoughts, lack of motivation, disorganized thinking, slow thinking, difficulty understanding, poor concentration, poor memory, difficulty expressing thoughts, difficulty integrating thoughts, feelings and behavior, and social disorders that result in self-isolation. Any one of these symptoms can be attributed to a potentially normal abberation dependent on individual circumstances and as such, I have difficulty in negotiating the term schizophrenia and its clinical relevants. The most common symptom associated with schizophrenia is the hearing of voices and a close second is delusion.

Schizophrenia should not be confused with Multiple Personality Disorder, or Dissociative State Disorder.

As to the difficulty in even defining schizophrenia, I would recommend specific question(s), infinite. I have some experience with the subject and can probably be of some help if I understand what you are looking for.

i would leave the "difficult understanding" part out of schizophrenia.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
mental disorders have often been ostracized in the medical community.
Some real forward looking work was done before Frued but the evidence just outweighs our ideals. Frued,i believe, would connect real life(outside the psychiatric ward) variables with symptoms and give an actual diagnosis. His papers are the foundation of much work done today.
Psychiatrists all agree Frued is god and Pavlov is the devil. what they disagree on is the actual sentancing or prescription. Enter pharmacutical
companies with big budgets and a bent for revenge (after Kellogg and Bert's Big Bad Hangover Humidifier). The confused don't stand a chance!
well, it was an improvement over some rather difficult and embarrassing times i suppose

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I am very sorry to hear that. The drugs you are taking will help stabilize you while you need them. I can tell you--from knowing a few schizophrenics and reading about the “illness”--having a mind that flies all over the place is not the real problem. Many great geniuses in history have apparently had that condition (they are simply more in touch with the primal and creative forces in the universe). I believe the problem is really fear. I suspect that all of your negative symptoms come from fear, and there are a lot of posts on this site that will help generate that fear. All of the New World Order and Skull and Bones and Tribulation threads are enough to make anyone afraid. My advice is to stop visiting this site (as you say you will) and listen to your inner, more positive and hopeful voice. This will take time and work, but eventually your roving mind will begin to dart off in more positive directions. Remember that there is a lot of good in this world, and any negative thought can be turned into a positive one with a change in perspective. But more importantly, thoughts are just that, thoughts, and the only truth out there is what lies in our hearts. Love is the foundation of the universe and you are embarked on a great adventure of spiritual growth that includes a visit (or several visits) to this material plane to grow and learn about the importance love. After death, you will go on to experience great and wonderful things, but first you must get through this life…learn from it, be responsible for your thoughts, love those around you and MOST IMPORTANTLY choose hope over fear and love over hate. Also know that you are protected and loved. This life is a challenge and you are up to it.

Best of luck…and force yourself to think positive.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
They said in the news the death toll of American soldiers in Iraq was about 800 in 2007. But I think the actual number is 16,000. The German military has not given up world domination, since 1946 they have killed about 12 million people. They might be doing mass murder until 2826 year. The police in China are 99% Japanese the Japs actually control china.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

i don't have full schizophrenia, but i'm diagnosed bipolar-schizoaffective. which basically means i'm partial skitz. i do, however, know some information you might find useful, what exactly do you want to know?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
what a load of rubbish!

there is no such thing as schizophrenia! it's a poncey definition.. used often in court as a defence to incarcerate someone, which generally ruins their life. (this is one very common scenario in the UK)

a pyschiatrist will ask an inexpereinced person in a cold room with guards "do you hear voices" - if the person - soon to be diagnosed as a shizophrenic does not know about 'power of suggestion' they may answer yes - and be shoved into the mental health system for the rest of their lives - a great miscarraige of justice - this happens quite frequently in the UK and has been happening for decades.

if you ever meet a psychiatrist - use english slang tell them to "# OFF"

there is no such thing as schizophrenia of hearing voices. you just need mental strength. self belief and a little bit of family. and don't go around acting like a prick, being stupid or starting fights.

the sad fact about the UK mental health system is, once you are in, and diagnosed, the diagnosis prohibits you from any role in society, destroys your family life and relationship prospects, and there is NO WAY OUT. you effectively have no rights whatsoever. it doesn't matter if you have no mental health problems whatsoever, any argument against the mental health services will be treate as aggressive, or their favourite "paranoid"

i do not suffer any mental health problems, and used to work with many mental health patients. most of whom are just too lazy to bother looking after themselves. basically there is only diagnosis in the DSM that applies to all the nutcases - "being a complete prat and being stupid for being stupids sake". every mental health patient responds well when you are nice to them and take some time with them, but generally 0% of them are ever anything other than selfish.

i faked mental illness for 10 years to show someone i used to hang out with what friendship was. i'm going back to work for the family business now.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I really dont usually share this, but a few years back, I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. The reason I don't share it is because people look at you like some obsessive compulsive nut that cant be a contributing member of society.

If you want to learn about Schizophrenia, check out support forums on the subject. You get the information from people who have it or live with someone who does, and/or get to read the main sites that will explain it from head to toe.

Good luck, Infinite.

-B

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Balaams donkey

Paranoid Schizophrenia -- My mother had it. My sister's son has it. My daughter's father had like symptoms from heavy use of street drugs including heroin. Now my daughter's husband has paranoid schizophrenia including hearing a demon telling him to kill my daughter. He never used drugs or alcohol and is very young.
Isn't this a lot? There is definitely demonic involvement in the last case. What about a person who cannot go to a priest because he is not Eastern Orthodox? Yes, we are all Christians, and we rely on Jesus. We need to know how to get protection from the persons who have this disease who are progressively more and more violent. My daughter has horrible suffering from his behavior and just knowing about the demon and also now poverty including not enough food.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

Originally posted by Balaams donkey
This is not true. Most never receive proper treatment. I had it, now it is gone. NO, meds. Just prayer.

You are right. Most never get proper treatment. because they can't. It still doesn't mean that schizophrenia has the cure. It doesn't. And if your boss or family member may stress you, you will get schizophrenia again and again. Therefore it's not gone, you just need a certain situation to enable it. And this is the fact making schizos extremely dangerous. The fact that they feel healthy, and for any reason they turn out to be violent killers.

This is one of the most rampant schizophrenia myths. There is no correlation between violence and schizophrenia. There is a lot of information at this site
Someone else has posted this site too. There are a lot of people who function in society with the illness because they are properly medicated. i think it is misinformation that keeps some folks from getting proper help.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hi, I am really sorry but i don't speak english very well.I am registered member in this forum, but i prefere to say these private things in anonymous mode because of my privacy.
I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in february of 2008.I'm in my late 20's.The diagnosis was discreet, the doctor never said me "you are schizophrenic" but he made everything to let me know about my illness without scaring me and my family.
I take risperdal before, and Invega later.
There are various form of schizophrenia, and various ways of behaviour.The violence is a myth, or better, il real in some kind of patients, and unexisting in others.My case is the second:if you see me, you will say I am the most normal person in the world.
In my case symptoms are: delusion (I've started to think in 2000 that i was one of the ugliest person in the world.I started to think I couldn't do anything, to feel unable to do nothing.I started to thing that my life was hopeless, and that my life will be a continuum of privations).From 2003, I quit my social life, in an almost complete retire.I live in my house, i pass all my day in my house,i only go out 2-3 hours in the week end,and only tripping in car, nonsense, without a goal, without entering in any public place(bar,cinema,pubs and so on).Starting from late 2005, i start to hear voices.Initially i thought i was tired and needed to relax.But they come back after a while, worse than before.There are no clear voices, are a kind of whispering(do you ever seen Lost??The voices in the island??Like that
).Sometimes is lke more whispers talks to each other, but i cannot clearly know what they say, only some word.My life is pathetic, few friends, no job, no gf(i am male), no social life, but i need this, i cannot face other people, i am sure that they wanna hurt and humiliate me psicologically (the doctor says these are delusion, but for me are FACTS).
I never hurt no one, i am very smart, i have an incredible memory, i can calculate and write very very fast.I cannot concetrate myself for long time on something, i cannot watch a movie, i cannot play videogames for more than an hour, because indipendently from my will, i find myself thinking to other things, or walking in my room.My brain is always on and operative, ALWAYS.
Unfortunately,where i live, the medical assistance is very poor, and this make me very pessimistic about my future.Now i have a wonderful family, but i am always depending from someone(i cannot go to supermarket,post office,every place where there is people, I go sometimes in a garage owned by a family friend, to make some cardiofitness and body building bcos i can't go to a normal gym), and to know that my future will be easy will help me a lot.But i am afraid, bcos i cannot be independent and i don't know what i will do if I can't count on my family.
Anyway, my life is decent at moment, i'm not a crazy guy, and i hope this will continue as long as possible.
Sorry again for my bad english.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Balaams donkey

Paranoid Schizophrenia -- My mother had it. My sister's son has it. My daughter's father had like symptoms from heavy use of street drugs including heroin. Now my daughter's husband has paranoid schizophrenia including hearing a demon telling him to kill my daughter. He never used drugs or alcohol and is very young.
Isn't this a lot? There is definitely demonic involvement in the last case. What about a person who cannot go to a priest because he is not Eastern Orthodox? Yes, we are all Christians, and we rely on Jesus. We need to know how to get protection from the persons who have this disease who are progressively more and more violent. My daughter has horrible suffering from his behavior and just knowing about the demon and also now poverty including not enough food.

Get the man to a hospital or clinic to be seen by a doctor, please. Schizophrenia (or other mental illness) has nothing to do with demonic possession. It is backwards ignorant thinking like this that creates out of control schizophrenics. I cant believe people still believe this demonic crap in an age where we can get information within seconds online.If the man does harm someone it will be partially your fault if don't help him. Even the church will suggest a psychiatric evaluation first.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have schizophrenia. I am recovering from schizophrenia. I won't always be a schizophrenic.

Ten years of mental torture, but I meditated every day, replacing weird thoughts with actual facts seeing things as they are was hard, but it was harder not to be in control. My life went from having everything to relying on benefit. I really grateful to the benefit system it enabled me to pull my life back together. I only have a few steps to go its never easy to do and always worth it so i push on.

Don't be fooled it took eight years to realise i was and had been ill. Don't let it get to you take time out have a mental health day and spoil yourself with something you like doing. Not as easy as i sounds then the hard bit, do it often and live like a millionaire you have the time explore lifestyles and live one. Never get into debt though, one day you'll see the darkness and from that darkness a glimmer of light and in the light a chance to rebuild and start again.

little steps make a path and just being on a path protects you.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hi,

I would like to state that people with schizophrenia can be strange at times and belive me there is nothing like realising that.

I have had schizophrenia for ten years now and i know it.

As far as i am concerned i am at my last stage in recovery and am looking forward to getting through it.

I have some good tips for those that can help themselves with this condition and would be happy to share them.

Big hug

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You suffer from the most unacknowleded mental illness in recent times...IDIOCY!

I was only reading this thread for personal interest, because let's face it why comment on something from 6 years ago, especially someone "Anonymous". but this was an astonishingly, poisonous & nonsensical diatribe of the highest calibre. I dare say I met more coherent people than you while I was sectioned.

Never comment on mental health again, until you do some research, read a book, talk to experts and learn something to cure the IDIOCY from which you suffer.

Regards, a Schizophrenic(Undifferentiated type)!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There is some people that are labeled Schizophrenic that really are not.

Some diabetics have the symptoms that look like Schizophrenia when there blood sugar gets up above 500.

Doctors treat them as having Schizophrenia with Schizophrenia meds that many do not need.

Many would be better helped by insulin pumps that keep there diabetes under control.

being DXed as Schizophrenic can cause many lose of rights.

its known that antipsychotics meds for Schizophrenia can cause diabetes and in some one already having diabetes can cause them to lose control of there diabetes.
A recent study of 56,849 Veterans Administration patients found that 7.3% developed diabetes and 0.2% experienced ketoacidosis requiring hospitalization after 3 months of atypical antipsychotic treatment. - See more at: www.pharmacytimes.com...

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join