It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

info needed on Schizophrenia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Wow, you must be very trusting. Well, i am always glad to be of use.
Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
Wow, you must be very trusting. Well, i am always glad to be of use.
Thanks.

its ok

im still reading up about Schizophrenia, might end up buying a book to read up about it more. I still need to learn more about it.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have acess to a few hundred books in my house. I may be able to get you one for free.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I have acess to a few hundred books in my house. I may be able to get you one for free.

ok cool, thanx.
but im looking on Amazon at the moment

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I feel that there is some light at the end of the tunnel, cause i have been reading accounts of people who have suffered from Schizophrenia and over come it. I feel that i have the potential to overcome it.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Great! You will need some help however. it will have affects on you after you "overcome" it anyway. Just as long as you beleive and have hope, great things will happen.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ted lost part of his cornea during class, so it's been chaotic around here. He usually gives me my nighttime meds, but my ignoramus brain forgot that he can't. I ended up going without them....woke up at 2AM, shivering.

Finally took them at 3AM (i think?). I had to struggle to move. I made coffee when the mumbles started.

All day has been a blur.

I remember being showing up at the office asking if I was fired?

Wal-Mart at 8AM buying a (((((2005))))) butterfly calendar?

Officemax at 9AM buying a Samsonite deluxe executive office chair with a maxed debit card?

Thrift Shop at Noon looking for butterflies to match the calendar?

Food store at 1 buying ground turkey and unneeded milk?

Note: during my ventures I mumbled the entire time to salespeople. I've been slowly increasing my dose throughout the day, but it hurts so much. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Or who I'd be.

I NEVER want to go through this again.
Dot.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
thats scary,
im kinda feeling better at the moment, still get feelings of paranoid all the time, but not as bad. Still think people are following me and talking about me, etc. Its really hard sometimes to have a "normal" day.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
thats scary,
im kinda feeling better at the moment, still get feelings of paranoid all the time, but not as bad. Still think people are following me and talking about me, etc. Its really hard sometimes to have a "normal" day.

Yeah, paranoia is my only serious mental disorder. Although i do often catch me talking to myself. Sounds like what dot has is really serious. I consider myself lucky.
Well, i had a weird dream where infinite was one of my friends. Although i am sure that they are different people, i will treat my friend better. You two are strangely similar when it comes to emotion and personality.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Sounds like what dot has is really serious. I consider myself lucky.

We are all lucky in our own ways..grin...I have a great family and job where everyone supports me.

I didn't want to violate any of ATS's guidelines (not that I know many of them), so I posted a pic of what happened in my sleep last night on BLOG #2.

I woke up to find that I clawed through the left side of my neck. I didn't want to show it here....it's NOT CUTE, that's my disclaimer.

This Is A Real Illness

But, on the bright side, it's because I had accidentally missed one single dose the night before. This rarely happens because I usually never miss a dose.

Life is good. All is well.
Dot.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
One of my friends at my old school passed out once and woke up with a suicide note infront of him. He was bi-polar.
Well, my old school had an uncanny ability to turn out kids with mental issues. The enviroment there was too much for us to handle. There was just too much stress, and too much work. We never had time to slow down and enjoy life. I am glad to be in a much lower stress enviroment. I am not going crazy, and my parents arn't railing me about every little thing. It is really nice.
And yes, if i take my meds every time that i am supposed to, i will always do just fine.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
When i stopped taking my meds, i thought everyone was after me and i was too scared to leave the house. I dont know how i managed to get to college, but i would have voices in my head telling me that everyone was out to get me and that i was going to get killed and stuff. Pretty bad experience to be honest.

I remember to take my meds all the time now and dont even miss a single dose.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It sounds like you have a more than mild case of paranoia. I let it get to me sometimes, but never like you mentioned.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It sounds like you have a more than mild case of paranoia. I let it get to me sometimes, but never like you mentioned.

Yeah i know,
its hard to cope with, but i just about cope with it.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Whenever I hear laughter or whispers, I think it is always about me.
Sometimes it's real, sometimes it isn't.

As my last pic showed, sometimes I feel like there are worms under my skin and that I have to claw myself to get them out. It usually happens at night when I'm asleep, and only if my meds are messed up.

See, mine can work too much or too little. It all depends on what chemical my brain feels like manufacturing at the time.

You're lucky, Tom. It seems like you have things under control.

Dot.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
You're lucky, Tom. It seems like you have things under control.
Dot.

Getting there wasn't fun, but i wouldn't have it any other way.
My worst problem is that i can't stabolize my personality. I feel like i have to kill off a part of me to be who everyone wants me to be.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Whenever I hear laughter or whispers, I think it is always about me.
Sometimes it's real, sometimes it isn't.

As my last pic showed, sometimes I feel like there are worms under my skin and that I have to claw myself to get them out. It usually happens at night when I'm asleep, and only if my meds are messed up.

I have the same feeling with whispers and laughter too, its really hard to deal with because i get so paranoid about it that is drives me insane. The shrink said i had an odd level of paranoia.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Schizophrenia is a very varied psychological abnormality, depending on how people invisage it, it can be caused by different things. There is not definite reason for schizophrenia, but from a biological perspective, they believe that increasing the body's absorption of aluminium can increase the risk of developing 'sp'. (or was that alzheimers?).

anyway, a cognitive perspective thinks that it is linked to how the brain works, and that it is a fault in the "brain patterns" that it uses. humanistic believe that it is a "learnt" condition (used loosely) where a persons' childhood can inflict serious other conditions in later life.

(this is asuggestion by Freud). there are many perspectives involved in psychological abnormalities, but because the brain is such a delicate and complex instrument, it can't be studied to a large extent. Therefore at the moment. these all have good reasons to suggest schizophrenia. hope i could help!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
how long does it last for? is it for life because ive been told that i need to be on meds for a year to get over this episode. Does it depends on the how bad it is? or is it all a set period of time?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I was prepared to make some immature, mocking comment when entering this thread, then saw it to be a sincere effort of the originator to get needed information.
I wish you the very best on your search.

Your efforts are an indication that you're probably better-balanced than most of us out here.

have a nice weekend.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join