It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam and Ever were supposed to be Jews correct?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Now, this is going to be an arguement for creationism, I THINK. I am not really too clear on evolution of skin colors and how it works exactly, but I also do NOT believe Creationism is correct. I believe it is a "Parable" so to speak, of humanity choosing sin over righteousness. Now, before you ask how can you say that it is a Parable and the whole bible isn't I will answer that question. Every single book in the bible could be called a "short story" i guess. Well, if you place a short story of how something is wrong, but it isn't necesarily true in the same book as the TRUE story of JFK's assination does that mean that everything in that book is false? NO. Okay moving on.

Now, this is more questioning of things on my part, as i stated before I don't know how these things are really supposed to work, I'm not that into biology. But....

Wouldn't it explain the different colors of skin if Adam and Eve were Jews. The Olive skin would make the most sense, as it could eventually evolve into white, if they live in the North, or Black if they live in the Hot south. The reason that this is an arguement, i think, for creationism, is that weren't Adam and Eve supposed to be Jews? Wouldn't that give them olive skin? And finally, wouldn't that give credibility to the story of the garden in some way?

Again, please don't flame me, I just thought of this, and I do believe in Evolution to an extent. I do believe Evolution has some major flaws, and needs to be reworked, but not in the direction of Creationism. That is a dif. topic all together.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well if you take in consideration that the myth of Adam and eve in the old testament was to be the historical accounts of the blood line of David and the humble history of the Jewish people from creation to the formation of the Israel nation.

Then we have a big problem I guess we are all Jewish then.

This are things in the bible that make you humm..........but don't worry somebody will come around and tell your their version of why we are not all jewish.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think the oldest human ever found was Ethiopian (black) not Jewish.
The Jewish people are also not the only people to have olive skin.
Many people from the Middle East have that color skin and they predate the establishment of Judaism.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
pretty interesting indeed. That would then mean that Jesus did save the Jews, if we are all Jews, and didn't save anyone else besides Jews. WOW! That is very interesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
abraham is the father of the jews and only his decendents can be called "jews"

however dont let that confuse you to believe that the jews of today are the same race as the sons of abraham. no chance.

the jews of today are decendant of an ancient kingdom called kazaria, which was asian-turk in race.

read my signature

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Adam and Eve weren't Jews. Jews didn't come around for another couple? few? thousand years.

The word Jew doesn't appear until the kingdom is split between Isreal and Judah. That's where it the word comes from - Judah.

And no Adam and Eve weren't Hebrews either.....

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
alrighty. I guess it makes seeing as how Isaac was Abrahams Hebrew son...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Adam and eve werent jewish because that term hasnt came into play just yet, they were hebrew( israelities) not jews( jews are from judea). now to talk about the different skin colors etc, many scholars believe that there was a pre-adamaic race on the earth b4 adam and eve, and when lucifer fell, he corrupted the pre-adamaic race, so God in all his love and kindness made a race of people to "govern eden." why else would God say that, just to govern the animals?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
We are all one... we are all a part of god..

As for Adam and Eve being Jewish that I have no idea about, nor does it really matter.. but if we are all one then that means we are all equal. Now that just makes having a bunch of religions in the equation even more confusing!!

Some more confusion to boot.. Jesus is not God's son, Jospeh was spanking the monkey got some cum on his hand then fingered Mary which got her pregnant.. now what do you think of that??? It's possible...

Trying to fix my confusion I have come down to this..
Jesus is God's son.. and written above his cross when he died was King of the Jews.. I think that it should have said king of ALL as we are all one. The jewish believe there is more than one God though there is only one God that stands above the rest. We are all his children and ALL will be with God when we die. (I am not jewish nor do I follow jewish religion, or any religion for that matter, though I do believe in this)
In the end it doesn't matter what religion someone might have been or is, we're all going to the same place.

See you all on the flip side!

[edit on 3/21/2005 by JeSuisAKittyCat]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm a wee partial to the notion that Eve was a good Irish Catholic girl with flowing red hair and Adam looked alot like me Father, God rest his soul.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
so, does that make Adam the first Rabbi?

Nope. I think other posters have correctly identified the beginnings of Judaism as being several generations later - if you believe that the story of Adam and Eve is literally true. Personally, I think there's no chance whatsoever that this story was considered true even by the writers of the book of Genesis.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JeSuisAKittyCat
Some more confusion to boot.. Jesus is not God's son, Jospeh was spanking the monkey got some cum on his hand then fingered Mary which got her pregnant.. now what do you think of that??? It's possible...
[edit on 3/21/2005 by JeSuisAKittyCat]

Wow.
I think you just blasphemed the holy spirit! a sin for which there is no forgiveness! but then again im sure nobody cares.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Adam and Ever were supposed to be Jews correct?

No, not correct at all.

If you read the Old testament you can see where the tribes, that eventually became the nations, of which the jews are just one.

These decended from Noah, before him there were no tribes as we know them by name, it was another world completely.

Also there are no pictures of Adam and Eve, just a painters interpretation of the story. Therefore their skin color, etc is totally unknown. As we do not even know of their climate there is not even an ability to talk about it.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
we are all decended from adam via noah. aparently things were so bad that god felt compelled to destroy the world. except he found 1 man who was decent so he was saved along with the animal poppulation.

it is not untill several generations go by that god decrees that abraham will be the father of a great nation. eventualy this nation would become what we today call the jews.

so no adam and eve were not jews they are the begining of the human population only. and only through noah was it continued. even noah can not be considered a jew as that happens specificaly to abraham's line of decendants. thus even abraham's father was not a jew. or abraham himself for that matter.

jacob 's, son's decendants are the first to be of the hebrew aka jewish nation devoted to god interesting question though is jacob considered to be a jew or any of his decendants who died before the exidus? as the nation only starts after moses secureres the release of jacob's decendants from egypt.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by drogo]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
this is both educational, and interesting. I mean, not saying I didn't know this from before, but I never really thought about Abraham's father not being a Jew, which is why it is interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Why discuss about all those fairy tales?
Clear up your minds and read "The fable of Christ"
www.2think.org...
Flanders

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
it seems that this book would make for an interesting read. it seems to me though that you would need the same type of faith in a book like that as you would to believe the bible or any other religious book.

it is interesting that a law like this you are telling us about could come into existance so close to the seat of roman catholic power. also would this mean that anyone that believes would become a criminal? after all in at least the christian faiths you are given the order to try to convert others, according to this law any christian would be guilty. or is this mabe a fact of misunderstanding of said new law?

i would like to see this suposid law mentioned in the web site posted here for discusion it would be an interesting thread to be sure. it is too bad one would have to go out and buy this book to read as it seems to point to the unlawfullness of a huge portion of the world no matter what religion they profess. i would think that information like that should be given free access so that many could see the error of their ways

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I don't care if Adam looked Chinese and Eve looked Pygmy. People, can you not see that we are all brothers and sisters in this world? We're in this together despite appearances, culture, experiences, and environment. The Book is about God. Do you believe in Him and His son or do you not? There's not going to be a 'pop-quiz' to get into heaven, there's going to be us knocking on the door and it being opened to those He knows. Spend this time getting to know God, it's a much more facinating and is an investment in the future with eternal rewards.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The "colors" of man came from Noah and his family. That is the earliest we can go. I don't think official "Jews" were around until well after Exodus. Jew being short for Judea which is the country where the Hebrews built thier kingdom.

Tho honestly Jews are more defined by the laws and traditions they keep to seperate themselves from everyone else.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison
so, does that make Adam the first Rabbi?

Nope. I think other posters have correctly identified the beginnings of Judaism as being several generations later - if you believe that the story of Adam and Eve is literally true. Personally, I think there's no chance whatsoever that this story was considered true even by the writers of the book of Genesis.

There are many examples in Genesis where the writer of the previous section signs his work. One example of this is Genesis 5:1 "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;"

Personally I trust that he believed what was written. After all he was there. Were you there?

It is a fact that Adam and Eve were the first man and woman and we all are thier descendants. There are no "races" as we are all one blood. This history has been generously and lovingly been given to us by the creator of all things. Of course there are many people in this age that are either ignorant of our true history or just flat out reject it. One day this knowledge will be accepted by all as the truth that it is.

Steve

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join