It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool h'Whip

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

It's just the peeler. I get along all right with the knife and most other things. I haven't tried the mandolin because husband is too afraid it's too close to the peeler.

My main problem with the peeler is that I want the peels to come off in even long strips, and vegetables are just too irregular for that, so I get angry and bare down too hard and then it slips and ends up peeling my fingers instead.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Trueman
That's what they use in restaurants.

You work in a restaurant that uses that crap? It takes all of a few minutes to beat some whip cream.
I have seduced a woman or two with real whipped heavy cream on top of stawberries (from my garden) and home made shortcake.

THATS what does it for them?? What kind of ladies are these?

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Wow I guess I outed myself as the only person who uses Cool Whip on ATS.

After much consideration, I'll not be posting my ode to the Twinkie Wiener Sandwich after all.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Let's be honest - so many Americans are having *this* for Thanksgiving this year because of their governors and mayors telling them they can't go home where their moms or grnadmas actually know what they're doing.

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How did you find this, I'm barely 10 minutes in, but this is one of the funniest holiday things I've seen XD

Also, feel a little less alone with my purple cutting board, we have the exact same one as his (used for veggies & fruit only, use another for meats only & a third is used as a bread board)

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Wow I guess I outed myself as the only person who uses Cool Whip on ATS.

After much consideration, I'll not be posting my ode to the Twinkie Wiener Sandwich after all.

After watching Ket's video, pass me a Twinkie Weiner Sammie, please. There are clearly worse concoctions out there

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I told my husband that if I walk in catch him with his foot up the turkey's butt I know we clearly have a situation.

In all seriousness, we've been doing our own Thanksgiving at home now for several years, so we're experienced. But there are a ton of folks trying it out for the first time this year.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'll be going sans Cool Whip as I don't really like it. Made from fresh is just so much better. Not much of a fan of it on pumpkin pie any way, i like my pumpkin most times without it.

I'm way worried about my mashed taters. Or rather, my pressure cooker. It's ancient, older than I am, and while I've used it in years past that's been a long time and I'm only about 75% sure I'm going to do this right. Mom knew but she's loopy these days and doesn't know what day it is so I'll just have to hope I've got this right. Ain't that hard, right?

Found a brine and rub packet so I'll be trying a rub for the first time. I was going to do the Alton Brown method where you brown the turkey for a half hour at 500 then cover and 350 the rest of the way but I figure that will burn the rub so I'll just do it 325 for however long it takes. I'll be in no hurry so time isn't my problem.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This makes me happy.

Before I get started, I should apologize.
I should have sharpened this thing a little better.
This may take a couple of extra whacks.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Weird Al uses tofu dogs now...

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

More fun to cut off a considerable chunk of left thumb tip after cutting enough lemons for a gallon jug. Then wait a month for that to heal and do it again after the thumb healed and the skin grew back. I think it actually burned more t(e second time. Bloody mess both times and had to ditch the lemons, but it was because the knife was sharp that they were healable cuts...that makes sense to people that understand.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Twisted post. I dig it.

Buy some cut gloves anyway for when you want to learn some actual chopping technique or you can just keep kicking it in the corner with all the dopes and losers with no knife skillz. Nobody likes those kids. All bleedy and gross.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I got my friend a set of Wusthof knives one year for Christmas. The next year I got her a pair of those gloves since she went to the ER three times for lacerations.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This was a long time ago and most of those gloves were way more expensive if they existed in that material then. There was a chain mail “shark” glove back then for like $85 or something.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Butchers today still use chain mail because of the techniques used to hold the knife. It is still out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join