It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Bucks Won't be Taking a Knee at NBA Playoff

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sports have a habit of breaking new ground in societies.

Jackie Robinson. Kenny Washington. Just to name two.

Other instances may occur to folks with a little thought.

I don't watch the NBA, haven't since the NBA allowed a carpet-bagging jackass to steal my team and move it to Oklahoma City...

These athletes are grown men capable of, one assumes, making decisions for themselves--whether we agree or disagree matters not in the slightest.

They've the right to do so. The NBA ptb seem to be alright with it, so what's the boggle? Agree with 'em, or disagree with 'em...they've the right to do so.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Overpaid brainless jokers. Entertain me instead thanks !!

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMasterOne

Some are criminally underpaid.

Lebron makes far more money than he gets.

The less money the players get, the more money the owners get.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Well best for everyone that they woke themselves right out of a job then.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

He puts a ball in a hoop in a non contact sport... there is no floor to being paid to do that which involves being "criminally underpaid."

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
honestly I think they are missing something, many people casual fans have gone months without any sports devloping hobbies reading books spending time with families.

They may find on the other side of all this that a good chunck of society no longer cares...

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Look at Lebron he makes 30M a yr.
How many billion does the NBA make?

Why everyone attacks the players and not the people who can afford to pay them baffles me.
edit on 27-8-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You may be right.

I'll never see my team get a championship.
But I won't see anyone else win one either...

Swings and roundabouts.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The NBA Still Exists as a Professional Sport in Our Democratic Republic Only because of CCP Money . They Do What they are Told . Look in the Mirror of your 10 Million Dollar Mansion's Bathroom with the Jacuzzi and Double Vanities LeBron , you are their Mental Slave Now . how does it Feel > ?

edit on 27-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Because they are some of the most immensely privileged people in the entire country.

You can say whatever you want about their labor agreements they make, but the fact is that they get paid far, far more than most average people for a sport that most of us can play on our own for our own entertainment. It's not like they're rocket scientists or brain surgeons or produce anything as useful to society ... but they get paid more.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

CCP is about 20% at most I think.
Just going off the top of my head and that's an exaggeration.

We will see how much CCP influences things once the salary cap is announced.

They CCP aren't in control, they've got a hand on the wheel.
At least they used to.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They get paid to draw advertising.
The game comes second.

But they are far better at drawing advertising than nurses emptying bedpans.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

None of that changes my points.

They are immensely privileged.

And they are there because of a game and no other reason.

They produce nothing of value, and even the value to ad producers comes through the game which is the privilege.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Look at Lebron he makes 30M a yr.
How many billion does the NBA make?

Why everyone attacks the players and not the people who can afford to pay them baffles me.

Owners hold 100% of the risk, so obviously they make the lion's share of the benefit. The top NBA team (Bulls) made a 5 year average profit of $55 Million per year. #2 was the Lakers at $38 Mil.year, while some teams lost money. www.forbes.com...

Total League revenue 2018/2019 was $8.76 Billion divided among 30 teams, that's $292 Million per team. Half of that goes to player salaries, then there is marketing costs, executive and staffing costs, travel costs, etc. At the end of the day, half of the NBA team owners lose money on their teams.

I think you're kidding yourself if you think Professional team owners are raking in annual big bucks from their ownership of teams. It seems to be more of a club of billionaires who are willing to make minimal money (certainly less than their top paid players) while rubbing elbows with big name sports and Hollywood celebrities and appreciating the value of their franchises. In that regard, team valuations, the owners are positioning themselves to make money from their ownership of teams... but it's very similar to playing the stock market with huge sums of money on the line. But at the end of the day, these dudes are making less than their players but get to appear on TV frequently during the season sitting in a luxury box like Ceasar himself overseeing the gladiatorial shows.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Have you seen how much a team goes for these days?
Under a billion and you're looking at WNBA.

Trey Burke is overpaid, Lebron James is underpaid.

But as you said the owners take the lionshare of the risk...

Do you want more of Lebron's money going to the owner?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

CCP is about 20% at most I think.
Just going off the top of my head and that's an exaggeration.

We will see how much CCP influences things once the salary cap is announced.

They CCP aren't in control, they've got a hand on the wheel.
At least they used to.

You are Misinformed , the CCP OWNS the NBA . Actions Speak Louder than Words.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
LeBaron and NBA might be in for a rude wake up call.

The people don't need sports.

Sports need the people.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I don't particularly give a rat's ass about Lebron James, his money, or his owner. I enjoyed the NBA as a little kid watching Jordan, Ewing, Bird, and Magic... then Shaq when I was a teenager, but began to lose interest over the past 15 years or so. My point was that the owners actually make less annually off their team's revenue than their average player does. The players endorsement and marketing deals effectively serve as the appreciation of their "brand" running roughly equal to what the owners see in franchise value appreciation. Take Jordan as a prime example. Jordan's net worth is somewhere around $2 Billion. He started building that with his first NBA contract... valued at $6,3 Million, raised 3 years later to $26 Mil a year. Factor in endorsements and he was making around $100 mil a year at his height. In the 1980s franchises were going for less than $100 Mil with the Pacers going under $10 mil. So if you consider it from that angle, the top players in the NBA would see their net worths increase parallel to franchise valuations if they only handled their money smarter.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I don't think you are correct, but I'm not sure I am either.

Actions which are protecting 10-25% of their revenue.

It definitely shows that black lives matter proportionately to profit.
Probably not a catchy slogan.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join