It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Bucks Won't be Taking a Knee at NBA Playoff

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Birth control is good. It existed long before abortion. Long before western culture. In fact, its abundance was destroyed by horney Europeans over harvesting it in ancient times.

Margaret Sanger did not give us birth control. She gave us an organization that has killed countless babies with her intent being eugenic goals.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You sound like you may have done a little research about Sanger. If so, you do know that her idea of "birth control" was mainly sterilization of the "lowly". Abortion was "birth control" as a secondary failsafe.

The left has conveniently glossed over Sanger's true philosophy. Anything to make killing an emerging life sound like it's "for the greater good" I guess.

edit on 28-8-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
The Milwaukee Bucks are protesting the shooting of Jacob Blake, Kenosha, Wisconsin, by the police, by boycotting whole GD game!

Several other teams including the Raptors and the Celtics are considering boycotting their playoff game on Thursday as well.

The Celtics and Raptors remain deep in discussions about a possible boycott of tomorrow's Game 1, sources told @SInow. What's happening now between the Bucks and Magic could have a domino effect.

— Chris Mannix (@SIChrisMannix) August 26, 2020

Tonight, Mike Pence was expected to decry athletes kneeling during the National Anthem in protest, but he's been one-upped before he could make his acceptance speech tonight.

Before boycotting the game, several Bucks players including George Hill had been vocal in recent days following the shooting of Jacob Blake.

Via Yahoo Sports

“We can’t do anything [from Orlando],” Hill said Monday. “First of all, we shouldn’t have even came to this damn place, to be honest. I think coming here just took all the focal points off what the issues are.”

“It’s just sickening. It’s heartless. It’s a f—ed up situation,” Hill said. “Like I said, you’re supposed to look at the police to protect and serve. Now, it’s looked at harass or shoot.

“To almost take a guy’s life, thank God he’s still alive. I know the cops are probably upset he’s still alive, because I know they surely tried to kill him. But to almost take a man’s life, especially in front of one’s kids, that wasn’t resisting in his back at point-blank range, is a heartless and gutless situation. We need some justice for that.”

brobible.com...

This is a remarkable turn of events, in my opinion.

i will be a NBA fan the rest of my life. How the rest of you can stand to watch what is happening is beyond me. They will come for you to.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You sound like you may have done a little research about Sanger. If so, you do know that her idea of "birth control" was mainly sterilization of the "lowly". Abortion was "birth control" as a secondary failsafe.

The left has conveniently glossed over Sanger's true philosophy. Anything to make killing an emerging life sound like it's "for the greater good" I guess.

And, that's ultimately why the NBA, and all those other groups and teams are also striking and refusing to play ball! Abortion, Margaret Sanger and too many Black women having abortions and using birth control! Black genocide is all Sanger's fault!

/sarc

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Birth control is good. It existed long before abortion.

Did it? I seriously doubt that.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

The Milwaukee Bucks are protesting the shooting of Jacob Blake, Kenosha, Wisconsin, by the police, by boycotting whole GD game!

Several other teams including the Raptors and the Celtics are considering boycotting their playoff game on Thursday as well.

The Celtics and Raptors remain deep in discussions about a possible boycott of tomorrow's Game 1, sources told @SInow. What's happening now between the Bucks and Magic could have a domino effect.

— Chris Mannix (@SIChrisMannix) August 26, 2020

Tonight, Mike Pence was expected to decry athletes kneeling during the National Anthem in protest, but he's been one-upped before he could make his acceptance speech tonight.

Before boycotting the game, several Bucks players including George Hill had been vocal in recent days following the shooting of Jacob Blake.

Via Yahoo Sports

“We can’t do anything [from Orlando],” Hill said Monday. “First of all, we shouldn’t have even came to this damn place, to be honest. I think coming here just took all the focal points off what the issues are.”

“It’s just sickening. It’s heartless. It’s a f—ed up situation,” Hill said. “Like I said, you’re supposed to look at the police to protect and serve. Now, it’s looked at harass or shoot.

“To almost take a guy’s life, thank God he’s still alive. I know the cops are probably upset he’s still alive, because I know they surely tried to kill him. But to almost take a man’s life, especially in front of one’s kids, that wasn’t resisting in his back at point-blank range, is a heartless and gutless situation. We need some justice for that.”

brobible.com...

This is a remarkable turn of events, in my opinion.

i will be a NBA fan the rest of my life. How the rest of you can stand to watch what is happening is beyond me. They will come for you to.

Nope. It's a well known fact that if you comply with the police then they'll respect you. Just like you, you support a group that will get violent with you if you don't comply with them. Big difference is that one enforces the law while the other one breaks it.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Birth control is good. It existed long before abortion.

Did it? I seriously doubt that.

Silphium

That is one of the best examples. It was quite effective. Other examples involve stuff like honey, which isn't quite as effective.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The plant may also have functioned as a contraceptive and abortifacient. Many species in the parsley family have estrogenic properties, and some, such as wild carrot, are known to act as abortifacients.

en.wikipedia.org...

I know that herbs were used for birth control in ancient times. But logic tells us that that abortion probably came first, probably from some pregnant cave women accidentally consuming the wrong food.

edit on 28-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

To be clear..."abortion" in modern times is generally used as a clinical term. its not used to describe events of misconception, as you are alluding to.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

And birth control, in modern times is generally something other than a herbal tea.

Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger and women using birth control or opting for abortion are not why the police are shooting unarmed black people. Women's reproductive choices have nothing to do with "black genocide" or the reason why sport teams "take a knee" or refuse to play a game, or two.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

No, its the eugenic foundation of Planned parenthood that have black populations dwindling. Well...part of it anyway.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well perhaps Biden can play one on one with Trump in a no holds barred game of bassket ball weaving as the country looks on and posts meems and jokes about groups like An·ti·fa
/ˈan(t)ēˌfä,ˌanˈtēfə/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a political protest movement comprising autonomous groups affiliated by their militant opposition to fascism and other forms of extreme right-wing ideology.
"Saturday's rally had the support of Antifa, whose sworn enemy is the far right"

And BLM : Black Lives Matter
blacklivesmatter.com
Description
DescriptionBlack Lives Matter is a decentralized movement advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality and all racially motivated violence against Black people. Wikipedia
Founded: July 13, 2013
Location: International, largely in the US [I apologize for the hackish way ive C/P from Google But I think you get my point] And that is that no one side is fully responsible for the mess that we are in atm.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

No, its the eugenic foundation of Planned parenthood that have black populations dwindling. Well...part of it anyway.

So according to your logic, Black women are just too stupid to make reproductive decisions and are getting hoodwinked into committing Black genocide at women's clinics across the nation.

Sports teams are striking because of stupid, manipulated Black women's reproductive choices.
Your insight never ceases to amaze!

edit on 28-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
just read they are discussing dumping the playoffs to... do something.

I really think these clowns believe their own press, , months more of no sports entertainment they may find they are down to only the people that live vicariously through their favorite athlete will be left to watch them and that multi billion dollar industry will slowly collapse.

I think part of the appeal of these sports is the bread and circuses approach of Rome, welp the circus hasent been seen in some time and the mob is moving on, they might be in the process of shooting the golden goose.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Wonder how deep the mob is into sports betting because that's who's really taking it on the chin with the lack of games - sports betting.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sad thing is I had been enjoying the season watching OKC, when the playoffs started I found I just didnt care anymore, and doubt I will do more than glance at scores if they ever have another season.

Shame for the young players or the fringe players that dont make 100+ million a year with a fat contract and endorsements.

I am still watching Hockey but if they follow suit I probably wont bother there either.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Everyone of those jokers has itunes loaded with songs about pimping, raping and murdering and thinks they are thug drug dealers and tough guys.

I stopped watching football long ago but I deal with enough of those fks to realize Arron Rodgers is far from the only gangster wannabe race pimp among them, usually the ones crying about treatment are the worst. It's always free the black man, they are gods children then they refuse to live in black neighborhoods or do anything meaningful for the black community.
edit on 28-8-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

No. By my logic PP has roots in eugenics of black people, and its purpose is to reduce the black population (as evidenced by its founders stated and proven philosophies). I have no comment on how things have ended up other than to point out that the black population has been literally decimated in the US, and that seems to dovetail quite nicely with what Sanger was hoping to achieve when she founded PP.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

That's the worst thing about it.

They have a massive platform. They really could do a lot, but they won't. They make meaningless mouth noises and gestures and destroy what they've been given.

Of course, doing real work and effecting real change for the ones who need it most would take actual time, effort, and money on their part. What would really help would be mentoring so many of the young black boys who have no fathers. Teach them how to be strong, well-adjusted young black men instead of just more of the legions of gang-banging gangsta thugs.

Help start to repair the black community a few young boys at a time.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: circuitsports

That's the worst thing about it.

They have a massive platform. They really could do a lot, but they won't. They make meaningless mouth noises and gestures and destroy what they've been given.

Of course, doing real work and effecting real change for the ones who need it most would take actual time, effort, and money on their part. What would really help would be mentoring so many of the young black boys who have no fathers. Teach them how to be strong, well-adjusted young black men instead of just more of the legions of gang-banging gangsta thugs.

Help start to repair the black community a few young boys at a time.

The proof is in the threat of a strike to begin with. Who will be most impacted? Owners who had already expected a bad year? Or fans who have had a terrible 2020, and really have precious little to look forward to on a day to day right now? Black communities have already had arsonists, rioters, and looters terrorize their communities over the last 2 months. And now these self appointed leaders are going to bail on one of the few events that these communities have to look forward to.

LeBron takes orders from CCP. He's shown that. His opinion means nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join