It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Bucks Won't be Taking a Knee at NBA Playoff

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The Milwaukee Bucks are protesting the shooting of Jacob Blake, Kenosha, Wisconsin, by the police, by boycotting whole GD game!

Several other teams including the Raptors and the Celtics are considering boycotting their playoff game on Thursday as well.

The Celtics and Raptors remain deep in discussions about a possible boycott of tomorrow's Game 1, sources told @SInow. What's happening now between the Bucks and Magic could have a domino effect.

— Chris Mannix (@SIChrisMannix) August 26, 2020

Tonight, Mike Pence was expected to decry athletes kneeling during the National Anthem in protest, but he's been one-upped before he could make his acceptance speech tonight.

Before boycotting the game, several Bucks players including George Hill had been vocal in recent days following the shooting of Jacob Blake.

Via Yahoo Sports

“We can’t do anything [from Orlando],” Hill said Monday. “First of all, we shouldn’t have even came to this damn place, to be honest. I think coming here just took all the focal points off what the issues are.”

“It’s just sickening. It’s heartless. It’s a f—ed up situation,” Hill said. “Like I said, you’re supposed to look at the police to protect and serve. Now, it’s looked at harass or shoot.

“To almost take a guy’s life, thank God he’s still alive. I know the cops are probably upset he’s still alive, because I know they surely tried to kill him. But to almost take a man’s life, especially in front of one’s kids, that wasn’t resisting in his back at point-blank range, is a heartless and gutless situation. We need some justice for that.”

brobible.com...

This is a remarkable turn of events, in my opinion.

edit on 26-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes, the whole NBA has turned into virtue signaling idiots.

Their BLM Bubble is a joke.

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Thought you guys wanted to get rid of the police?

#HonkHonk

No one cares about the CCP loving NBA anymore since they decides that China is there master!

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I doubt too many people are going to miss them.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I can't believe the uproar over this. The police were totally justified in this case. The only problem I had was shooting him 7 times was a little much and his kids were in the car, but I don't think the police knew that. What's gonna happen when these cops get exonerated?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe people should focus on their own corner of the world since no one reports facts and just opinions.

Maybe look at the thugs roaming your precinct instead across country.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Actually the entire schedule of games for today is postponed for maximum triggering.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Geez just cancel the playoffs already. The whole bubble thing is ridiculous to begin with.

Then let them sit out/cancel next season. I honestly don't care anymore.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I do love me a good protest
will be interesting to see how this plays out

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A lot of money being lost today.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
A lot of money being lost today.

They're only postponed so the money will be made up, the only thing being lost is people's minds.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
When your league is sinking financially and nobody gives a tinker's dam anymore about your silly little game, it becomes financially unsustainable to maintain the appearance of relevance. Instead of just saying, "Hey, folks, it's not economically worth it to us to actually play this pointless game anymore because we have exposed ourselves for the vain, pointless irrelevant joke that we are and nobody of significance cares about us anymore," it seems better to pretend that you're doing so because of some imagined principle.

#GetWokeGoBroke
:
edit on 2020 8 26 by incoserv because: what's it to ya?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This just makes me wish I could watch less NBA
basketball than I already do.

But zero is already as little as I can watch.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mr. Hill has been watching too much enemedia "programming".

1. Suspect was armed with a knife.
2. Suspect was resisting arrest.
3. Suspect told police he had a gun in the car.
4. Suspect ran to car and opened the door.

Then and only then was lethal force used.

Police were called there on a domestic assault. Suspect had active warrants, and violent priors including assault on a police officer while resisting arrest.

If this had been a white man do you think anyone would care?

Yet the enemedia wants you to believe he was an unarmed saint killed by murderous cops who are on a racist national rampage that can only be stopped by looting, burning, and shooting up our own cities until they defund the police.

That is terrorism.

And it is being perpatrated by blm/antifa, and condoned by enemedia and the Democrat party.

They are all terrorist by the very definition of the word in the United States CFR.

Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R.

When did it become American policy to allow terrorists to act unopposed on us soil? When did it become American policy to allow the financing of terrorist organizations and their sympathizers?

If nothing is done about this by city, county, and state officials then the feds need to step in.

If we allow terrorists to bully us as a nation into giving in to their demands they will only continue to become more emboldened. If we allow these terrorists to control our local, state, and federal governments we are done as a nation.

God help us all this is only going to get worse no matter what happens in Nov.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Money will be lost next year.

Fans are the only reason teams and players make money.

Fans boycott the sport, their gravy train goes away.

They are on a slippery slope here. The most vocal in sports have already made their money, but they are ruining things for their underclassmen.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had some very harsh words for those who "take a knee" during our national anthem.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Get out your rifles and go pick them off? They can protest any way they want

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

Yep! But that didn't stop the #ScumMedia from pushing a lie that caused death and the destruction of private property. HELL NO! If it bleeds it leeds and the filth we call journalists and news just ran with their agenda.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Oh noes ... more basketball I never watched anyhow won't be played. The sooner these overgrown men children boycott themselves out of a job, the better.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join