It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Postal Sorting Machines Being Removed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: xuenchen
""Some Postal Sorting Machines Being Removed"" .....

đź’Ąfor routine maintenance and replacementđź’Ą

Just prior to the elections.

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

Meadows on Sunday asserted that all sorting machines not part of an "already scheduled reallocation" would remain in place and that the decommissioning was not "new initiative by this postmaster general."

What is your source?

In my experience, FAKE NEWS — Is in the “eye of the beholder”.

As with everything — “Facts” tend to be clouded by whoever’s presenting them.

edit on 17-8-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

They're sabotaging their efficiency, hoping it will be reflective on Trump.

And, they're doing it especially in areas that went to Hillary Clinton in 2016.

What a strange strategy!

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Well this is interesting. Coincidence?

Several mail sorting machines are being removed that will directly affect mail in ballots. The reason stated is that reductions in snail mail warrant it.

But workers and union bosses are puzzled.

This could be extraordinary. Who does this favor if true. Something strange is afoot at the local USPS.

theweek.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

Where is the proof "that they will directly affect mail in ballots" this statement is simply a dem talking point and total propaganda. This is routine maintenance and/or re-allocation from lower volume locations to higher volume locations.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
According to a well put together news peace by NPR the USPS has been struggling for years; and not just the last week or so.

NPR audio link - post-offices-financial-woes-partly-congress-doing

Long before it became a flashpoint in the upcoming election, the United States Postal Service has been in deep trouble because of its deep debt. Today, we'll dig into how pension obligations and congressional pressure have squeezed the USPS. 

Its funny how the House is now concerned with the USPS when it has neglected it for years.

Hell had they brought the issue up when the COVID-19 crisis first hit in Feb/March they might have some credibility to stand on ... but two months before a major election in which they are proposing to stand the election and the USPS on its head? That just reeks of political threater to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Maybe its shady, but maybe it isn't. Just offhand, I would think it would be easier to examine and address inefficiency in the USPS by first looking at services in a few dozen cities, which have much higher overall mail volume, than it would be to begin in several thousand small towns.

To that end, without further evidence, I would consider it a reasonable defense that this is merely coincidental to the Dems' electoral strength in the cities.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

Meadows on Sunday asserted that all sorting machines not part of an "already scheduled reallocation" would remain in place and that the decommissioning was not "new initiative by this postmaster general."

What is your source?

There’s a ton of stories out there on this. If you don’t like what the links I gave you have to say, then search until you find one that fits your narrative. It’s a non story and a fabricated lie being perpetuated by the left Annee but believe what you want to believe. It is what it is.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

nypost.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

There’s a ton of stories out there on this. If you don’t like what the links I gave you have to say, then search until you find one that fits your narrative. It’s a non story and a fabricated lie being perpetuated by the left Annee but believe what you want to believe. It is what it is.

nypost.com...

There’s always a ton of stories. From all sides.

You’ve picked the ones you agree with.

New York Post is a right wing populist: en.m.wikipedia.org...

Examiner is right wing conservative: en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-8-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

To that end, without further evidence, I would consider it a reasonable defense that this is merely coincidental to the Dems' electoral strength in the cities.

Maybe, except for that niggling fact that President Trump publicly endorses mail in ballots in Republican held areas and condemns the practice in the areas that Democrats hold.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

There’s always a ton of stories.

From all sides.

No I didn’t. The actual quote Meadows said, that I posted in another thread and here came from a left wing source, which when they posted Meadow’s statement, sorta killed their whole bias narrative. I think I may have even posted that link on another thread, I’ll see if I can find it.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

From all sides.

No I didn’t. The actual quote Meadows said, that I posted in another thread and here came from a left wing source, which when they posted Meadow’s statement, sorta killed their whole bias narrative. I think I may have even posted that link on another thread, I’ll see if I can find it.

The 2 news sources you provided are both Right Wing

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Fact...the USPS sorts/delivers 470+ million pieces of mail daily.

Fact...an average of 150-160 million people vote in the US.

Fact...those votes dont all come in at once on a single day.

Logic...about 10-20 million ballots would be a good approximate daily load if every voter voted absentee.

How do you assume the USPS wouldn't be able to handle an uptick of 4-5% in parcels. How's it going to break the USPS? Whats clouded about those facts, and how is the logic used to surmize the approximate ballots wrong?

Is it that hard to admit you are wrong?

ETA: It also stands to reason that not everyone will choose to not vote in person...so these are unrealistically high figures. More likely it'll be 2-3% of an uptick.
edit on 17-8-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

From all sides.

h ttps://www.vox.com/2020-presidential-election/2020/8/16/21370963/usps-postal-service-mail-sorting-machines-trump-meadows-2020-election-ballots
Here’s a great propaganda hit piece on the subject. Don’t stay between the lines.

Okay found it, I thought I’d posted it somewhere at sometime, old age and all.🤪
Vox is not right wing news, correct?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

From all sides.

h ttps://www.vox.com/2020-presidential-election/2020/8/16/21370963/usps-postal-service-mail-sorting-machines-trump-meadows-2020-election-ballots
Here’s a great propaganda hit piece on the subject. Don’t stay between the lines.

Explanatory journalism (VOX). Basically an interviewer trying to present the different/views/aspects of a story/happening/event.

Headline: The White House says USPS isn’t removing mail-sorting machines. Postal workers say it is.

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said in an interview on Sunday that US Postal Service mail-sorting machines will not be taken offline between now and Election Day — a statement at odds with reports that the Postal Service is decommissioning 10 percent of its machines this year under a new policy.

You were selective and one sided from what you chose to present from the VOX article.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

From all sides.

Explanatory journalism (VOX). Basically an interviewer trying to present the different/views/aspects of a story/happening/event.

Headline: The White House says USPS isn’t removing mail-sorting machines. Postal workers say it is.

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said in an interview on Sunday that US Postal Service mail-sorting machines will not be taken offline between now and Election Day — a statement at odds with reports that the Postal Service is decommissioning 10 percent of its machines this year under a new policy.

You were selective and one sided from what you chose to present from the VOX article.

A statement at odds with reports? What reports and by whom reported? Do you know the source of the report they’re talking about? Just curious because I don’t if there even is one.

Also “this year under new policy” does not equate to when it was first decided that it would be policy.
You’re cherry picking. You conveniently left out the part where he said “machines not “already scheduled" for "reallocation” will remain in place and that the shutdowns are not “a new initiative by this postmaster general.”

I’ve read that they’ve removed 200k machines over the years and you seriously think 600+ machines is going to make a difference. One guy said he hasn’t seen the mail this slow since he was 17. Due to the internet the postal business is a bust right now. I honestly can’t remember the last time I sent off a letter, I know it’s been months and probably not over 4 in the last year, if that. This is literally a non issue.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The White House says USPS isn’t removing mail-sorting machines. Postal workers say it is.

This has already been explained to you in Meadow’s statement. Of course they say they are being removed, because they are.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

If there is ANYTHING " Nefarious "

about our Current Problems with this Country's Traditional Voting System , you can be SURE it is coming from the Communist Democrat Party in this Country . You would be Naive to Think Otherwise Annee ..........

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

From all sides.

A statement at odds with reports? What reports and by whom reported? Do you know the source of the report they’re talking about? Just curious because I don’t if there even is one.

Also “this year under new policy” does not equate to when it was first decided that it would be policy.
You’re cherry picking. You conveniently left out the part where he said “machines not “already scheduled" for "reallocation” will remain in place and that the shutdowns are not “a new initiative by this postmaster general.”

I’ve read that they’ve removed 200k machines over the years and you seriously think 600+ machines is going to make a difference. One guy said he hasn’t seen the mail this slow since he was 17. Due to the internet the postal business is a bust right now. I honestly can’t remember the last time I sent off a letter, I know it’s been months and probably not over 4 in the last year, if that. This is literally a non issue.

I am not going to argue the reports.

I know from your post history we’d only be playing “ping ping”.

Point is — intentionally showing only one perspectives from an Explanatory Journalism piece.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I gave you facts I gave you logic... I refuted your nonsense. Rather than face that you quibble over sources and what's left and whats right...facts are however, FACTs!

So I am really curious why you think an increase of 2-3% of parcels is going to cause a bunch of massive issues?

Also curious why absentee voting wouldn't be used first as there are checks and balances to that as opposed to the willy nilly mailed out ballots the democrats are pushing for...especially seeing how many were sent to nonvoters and pets.

I'll keep checking back but something tells me you won't have any good answers...

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

From all sides.

Point is — intentionally showing only one perspectives from an Explanatory Journalism piece.
You won’t argue with the reports because you can’t? Please show me the report, I’d really like to see it.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

How convenient.

Stop reading fake news.

What is your source?

nypost.com...

From all sides.

You won’t argue with the reports because you can’t? Please show me the report, I’d really like to see it.

I can. I’m not going to.

I don’t waste my life banging my head against an immovable brick wall. There is no valuable or useful point in doing that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join