It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Postal Sorting Machines Being Removed.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Voter suppression favors Republicans. In this case, Democrats will be the ones voting by mail since they are competent enough to worry about going to polling centers during a pandemic.

Trump could even pick which districts (blue districts) to sabotage the postal service in to rig the vote.

Trump is willing to do whatever it takes to win, as he might go to prison otherwise. I suspect it might become so obvious that the vote is rigged that you guys start making excuses for why it is okay to do so.

"It's okay to rig the election in a Democracy, what about Hillary?"

Republicans these days have no class or values to stand on.

Lol, do you really believe that?

Competent democrats like the ones rioting in the streets?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
let me tell you about absentee ballots.... a lot of people mail those in as well,,,but, let me add.....the republicans one upped the democrats and it was ONLY a local election just imagine the presidental election...anyway north carolina republican operative faces new charges www.npr.org...

he (leslie McCrae Douglas) had 7 republicans working under him they signed absentee ballots then lied and said they witnessed the voters signing them

Dowless was indicted along with seven alleged co-conspirators. The operative was the alleged ringleader in a scheme instructing his co-conspirators to sign certifications that falsely stated they had seen a voter vote by absentee ballot, and improperly mailing in absentee ballots for someone who had not mailed it themselves.

This is the second set of charges for Dowless, who was arrested in February and accused of interfering in the district's primary election. He was charged then with three counts of felonious obstruction of justice, two counts of conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice and two counts of possession of absentee ballots.

State and federal authorities are still investigating the case, according to Freeman's statement.

2018 north carolina congressional race
leslie mccrae dowless
mark harris
More Stories From NPR

edit on 14-8-2020 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Proginoskes

originally posted by: lakenheath24
When Obama was elected....was there four solid years of impeachment nonsense? There were some for sure, but not 24/7/365 x4

a reply to: testing123

No, it was 8 solid years of Republicans doing to Obama what Democrats are now doing to Trump. American politics is gang warfare.

I don't recall when the republicans spend an entire presidential term putting together a fake conspiracy theory about Trump working with the Russians, and when that failed, then used fake, literally invented on-the-spot, charges based upon a secret, fake 2nd/3rd hand whistleblower who heard that maybe Trump perhaps wanted to get Ukraine to investigate Biden and his son's bribery/money laundering scheme via a "quid pro quo" that never actually took place--never mind the fact the joe actually admitted to doing exactly that, publicly, on television. Sorry that was a really long sentence but, yeah, comparing what Obama "suffered" to what has been happening to Trump 24/7/365 is intellectually, dishonest.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
yes good question...aannnnd trump had his own commission look at voting fraud he said they found very little and he disbanded them...so was he lying then or is he lying now???????

originally posted by: network dude

wow do I have some good news for your mom. Holler up from the basement

That's going to be tough to do. I'm in Arizona and she's in Nebraska. I'm making 60K a year in a job that is relatively secure, and my parents are both retired.

and tell her all about requesting a mail in ballot. Go to Google and type in "request mail in ballot for ______" of course, _______ is your state. (and no, confusion isn't the correct answer)

She already has; she's been voting that way for years.

(BTW, why did we never hear about how bad mail-in ballots were, before -- say -- 2016? It makes you think. Or not.)

Actually it was disbanded because largely Democrat Governors refused to cooperate. Democrats were dead set against any wide scale investigation into voter fraud, all while claiming that it didn't exist.
edit on 14-8-2020 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Right.

Couldn’t possibly be Trump doing something nefarious.

He’s such an angel 😇

Nice generalization.

Like what, for instance? Any argument to support this?

edit on 8/15/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Serious question....how hard would it be to plant russian and chinese volunteers to do the same thing in key areas....aka big cities or.close csll states?

Also...this is on Trumps watch so I gotta blame him if there are indeed shenanigans.

a reply to: research100

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Well the order to remove the machines came from USPS management. At the top of that management is the Postmaster General. Two months ago we just got a new Postmaster General who just so happens to be a major Republican donor.

Since taking over he has enacted policies that have slowed down mail delivery and completely reorganized the upper echelons of the USPS (aka management.) Couple this with the fact that Trump just recently said he doesn't want to fund the USPS because he doesn't want people to vote by mail.

Now why would that be the case? If voting is made more accessible it means more people will vote. Statistically speaking more people lean Democrat/Left. Couple that with Trump's approval rating and one would expect to see that as number of voters increase, Trump's chances of getting reelected decrease.

But yeah, I'm sure it's actually the Dems that are trying to sabotage the voting method they have been encouraging their supporters to use.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
The United States postal service is practically a dead business. It's been in the decline for a long time now. It's really no surprise. Why would anyone with half a brain put an entire election on a failing business? That's the real question.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Let's see some proof. Because the real statics are pretty closely equal each election cycle. The silent majority.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Right.

He’s such an angel 😇

Why would anyone want a vote by mail election
when the mail is being thrown away? Well,
someone who had nefarious plans might.

Trying to prevent nefarious election interference
is the right thing to do, so yes in this sense
President Trump is acting as an angel would.

He probably shouldn't be requesting a mail-in ballot for the Florida primary then, huh? Given mail-in voting is such a huge problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

originally posted by: research100
yes good question...aannnnd trump had his own commission look at voting fraud he said they found very little and he disbanded them...so was he lying then or is he lying now???????

originally posted by: network dude

wow do I have some good news for your mom. Holler up from the basement

That's going to be tough to do. I'm in Arizona and she's in Nebraska. I'm making 60K a year in a job that is relatively secure, and my parents are both retired.

and tell her all about requesting a mail in ballot. Go to Google and type in "request mail in ballot for ______" of course, _______ is your state. (and no, confusion isn't the correct answer)

She already has; she's been voting that way for years.

(BTW, why did we never hear about how bad mail-in ballots were, before -- say -- 2016? It makes you think. Or not.)

Actually it was disbanded because largely Democrat Governors refused to cooperate. Democrats were dead set against any wide scale investigation into voter fraud, all while claiming that it didn't exist.

Because it doesn't exist. The only reason the commission was set up in the first place was to try to validate Trump's BS claims. And they couldn't do it, and of course, rather than own it, it's gotta be the Democrats fault. The commission tucked tail and ran rather than allow some transparency and oversight so the GOP couldnt rig the results.

One of the members of the commision even said it was a farce

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Don't you find the timing of this "story" convenient? This is more just orange man bad propaganda. This "story" came out just after Trump won't compromise on funding the universal mail in ballots. By the way, for anyone who wants a mail in ballot, they are already available to anyone who wants one, you just have to ask for an absentee ballot, so why do the dems want UNIVERSAL absentee ballots?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

Right.

He’s such an angel 😇

He probably shouldn't be requesting a mail-in ballot for the Florida primary then, huh? Given mail-in voting is such a huge problem.

The key here is that he REQUESTED an absentee ballot, which is available to anyone who wants to remotely vote from home. This is different than "UNIVERSAL" mail in ballots, do you not know this?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
""Some Postal Sorting Machines Being Removed"" .....

💥for routine maintenance and replacement💥

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: jordan77

Right.

He’s such an angel 😇

The key here is that he REQUESTED an absentee ballot, which is available to anyone who wants to remotely vote from home. This is different than "UNIVERSAL" mail in ballots, do you not know this?

If people aren't going to go to the polls, what do you think they're going to do? Request an absentee ballot. Which is going to be a problem when the President is trying to single handedly destroy the USPS to impede mail-in voting, which, includes absentee ballots. How do you think absentee ballots are going to work, carrier pigeon?
edit on 15-8-2020 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Yeah we are not doing mail in votes, my vote will not be wasted. My family and I are going to physically vote, in person, masks and all that.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If one can attend protests, riots etc. without masks and social distancing and have it sanctioned by democrat politicians in the main - very same politicians who claim foul on postal service changes - then one can indeed get their proverbial butts to a polling place if they give a rats ass about voting.

The only people with exceptions should be traditional allowances such as,

Military
Hospitalized
Nursing Home
Out of State work posting

or similar.

If one cannot make last mile or so to a polling place by making ridiculous excuses about why then by all means stay home, nobody needs to make exception to rules for your lack of gumption or false afraid isms about a fake virus with fake cases and fake death numbers wearing fake masks faking good social actions faking that you understand fake reality.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Now why would that be the case? If voting is made more accessible it means more people will vote. Statistically speaking more people lean Democrat/Left. Couple that with Trump's approval rating and one would expect to see that as number of voters increase, Trump's chances of getting reelected decrease.

But yeah, I'm sure it's actually the Dems that are trying to sabotage the voting method they have been encouraging their supporters to use.

Great point!

Touché!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
One thing is for sure...its putting doubt in our voting system. This should concern everyone.....e v e r y o n e.

Yeah, it's concerning, and not just because of ballots -- those aren't the ONLY damned things the postal service handles with a stamp on it. If I were you guys crapping your pants, I'd look with a little wider scope than just ballots -- rather critical things like bills & legal paperwork are still sent out that way, I only know a scant few people who've gone fully digital, even the tech-savvy don't want all their proverbial bill eggs in one basket. Even I still opted to get physical utility bills because like others I know, I don't trust digital ones on their own, I want hard copies. While that's just a CYA example for me, MANY people still live the snail mail way entirely, and that's fine.

BY THE WAY, speaking of ballots, if you'd kindly reign yourselves in from freak-out mode, you'd remember you can still drop off the absentee ballots off in person well ahead of time. I don't remember the specifics of it, but I think you can also designate someone else of your choosing to drop it off FOR you, if need be. Find your local drop-off points, be it a city/town hall or Supervisor of Election office, and chill. The postal service is in a really bad spot as a whole, but ballots are the utter least of their issues. We CAN mitigate that ourselves and still vote absentee. It's not impossible or hard, just takes a relatively minor amount of personal schedule coordination & planning. It STILL beats standing in a long-ass line before the buttcrack of dawn just to cast the same vote.

So which would you prefer? Mail it in, or drop it off? Still doesn't resolve any fraud claims that way, either, ya know. Lots of dimbulbs out there still claiming they can be altered after drop-off, I think they're of the same cloth as the people who eschew the electronic voting because it can be hacked & altered that way. F@d if you do, f#d if you don't, pick one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join