It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York is Suffering a Mail-in Voting Disaster - Nationwide Vote-By-Mail Would Be a Catastrophe.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Sunday, August 2, 2020

Democrat leaders, including Democrat Presidential nominee Joe Biden, are pushing hard for Nationwide Vote-by-Mail for the upcoming November elections.

However, the largest Vote-by-Mail experiment in our nation's history has crashed, and is still burning....leaving 1 out of every 5 voters in New York City "disenfranchised" this Summer.

More than a month after New York’s June 23 primary elections, state election officials are still counting votes!

In some legislative districts, they haven’t even started counting absentee votes.

In the best-case scenario, election officials hope to declare winners by the first Tuesday in August—six weeks after Election Day. It might take a lot longer than that.

Election officials in New York City have already invalidated upwards of 100,000 absentee ballots—about one of every five that were mailed in from the five boroughs. And furious candidates are already filing lawsuits charging discrimination and disenfranchisement.

The chaos in New York is a warning about November’s elections: Voting is being transformed by the pandemic.

But no state has built new election infrastructure.

No state has the time or the money to make sure vote-counting will go smoothly in November.

And just about every state is about to be hit with a massive surge of absentee ballots.
Source: www.theatlantic.com...

President Donald Trump correctly stated last week that universal mail-in voting, instead of in-person voting, would be a disaster. If just one state has not settled a primary election, 40 days after election day, it could take months to settle a national election, with 50 states manually counting +150 million votes, one vote at a time.

Nevertheless, Speaker of the U.S. House, Nancy Pelosi (D-California), is still demanding that this November's Presidential election, and down-ballot elections across the country, be Vote-by-mail eligible. Here is what she said this morning...

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Sunday that mail-in voting in the upcoming election will be an essential option for Americans‘ safety and well-being, despite President Donald Trump’s claims that mail-in voting will lead to fraud and delays.

“People should not have to choose between their health and their vote, and that's very important,” she said.
www.politico.com...

FWIW, Nancy Pelosi's pending $3 Trillion dollar Covid-19 "Stimulus" bill, includes $3.6 Billion for universal "vote by mail" in the United States.

Source: justthenews.com...

So as to not distract from the primary subject of this Opening Post, I'll describe what some political analysts say are the two primary reasons why Democrat leaders are pushing so hard for vote-by-mail this year, in a subsequent post. Hint: It's NOT primarily about "voter safety".

-CareWeMust

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
mail in voting will be a disaster in many ways.

One of my concerns is, what stops someone from voting in person after they have mailed a ballot in?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
However, recent speculation of bidens rapidly declining mental state led me to think of another scenario.

If he has to drop out at the last minute, and the election got postponed, pelosi would become president in 1-20-21

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If there is only a 10 percent disqualification rate and around 140 million vote nation wide in the 2020 presidential race that means a minimum of 14 mill people will be disenfranchised, which blows it out of the water that every vote must be counted.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed

One of my concerns is, what stops someone from voting in person after they have mailed a ballot in?

What is to keep someone from taking a form down to their local copy service and running off thousands of them since they did not put a security hologram on them.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The House bill is all part of a bigger plan to steal the election. They know chaos will ensue and tie up any confirmation of the winner for months. This gives Pelosi the position of "acting president" come Jan. 20th.

It is all in their evil plan. The Dems don't give two squats about the health and wellbeing of the American People. It is all about them taking back the power they lost in 2016...by any means necessary.

edit on 2-8-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Good point! Maybe there would be an "audit window" that goes into effect the day after election day. All mailed-in ballots are reconciled against in-person votes, to make sure there are not duplicates. How long would that window need to be, I wonder?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Vote-by-mail has worked in Oregon for decades. It is viable.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

the election got postponed

That can't happen constitutionally.

If he has to drop out, I think the national party committee chooses a replacement. Oh, joy

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

That's kind of pathetic third world countries can handle it but the mighty US doesn't?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's kind of pathetic third world countries can handle it but the mighty US doesn't?

Name a third world country that has fair and free mail-in elections.

I can't think of one.

edit on 2-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

How long did it take to get it right, their first year?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

However, recent speculation of bidens rapidly declining mental state led me to think of another scenario.

If he has to drop out at the last minute, and the election got postponed, pelosi would become president in 1-20-21

If Biden drops out, Trump stays President until a Biden replacement is found. Then comes the election ??

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

If there is only a 10 percent disqualification rate and around 140 million vote nation wide in the 2020 presidential race that means a minimum of 14 mill people will be disenfranchised, which blows it out of the water that every vote must be counted.

Democrats won't accept that if Biden wins.
Democrats won't accept that if Trump wins.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

What is to keep someone from taking a form down to their local copy service and running off thousands of them since they did not put a security hologram on them.

For universal vote-by-mail, there will need to be a national set of guidelines too.

If an illiterate person signs with an "X", is that acceptable?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ironic that Trump's best chance of winning is via election fraud and voter suppression. Generally when someone like Trump accuses someone of something, he is guilty of exactly that.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

If you can find an article describing the process and its overall success rate of accuracy/fairness, that would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Eh, the right screams about voter fraud every election they feel like their back is against a wall... Or maybe perceive is more applicable in that statement.

Let's not forget, THE MEDIA! THE MEDIA IS ALWAYS OUT AGAINST THE RIGHT!!!! Which, anyone who is honest could say their are certainly aspects of the media that have it out for the right. But alas, the media gave Trump 6 billion in free publicity, even before he had the primaries secured. Ironically, the blind confidence, certainty, or apathy kept people at home, and a disgruntled populace of the US went out in lieu of them to cast a protest vote against the establishment.

Now the left seems to be doubling down. And if they were to secure a win, it would be because this one is even less suited to win than Hillary. That should be a very strong indicator of the state of affairs we're in.

There's only one excited group right now, and that's not even the right, it's Trump supporters. It doesn't matter that his admin embodies many of the same follies of his predecessors, and certainly the worst IMO aside from a foreign policy that has been lukewarm (I'll take what I can get, so kudos to him for at least not being as aggressive). But our debt and spending are still exponentially growing (even if we omit COVID).

We're screwed either way, and the "which one would let me at least put lipstick on so I can feel pretty before getting f***ed" debate is the most boring and asinine to me. I through my first vote for an R or a D last election, and gambled on Trump. I don't regret anything, as I learned to know better on wild cards. He talks off the cuff and say things that make people think he's going to shake things up, but he's an artist at giving lip service to his base just like the one before him (whom I had a read for doing so early on). Trump fooled me once, and I won't be fooled again, famous saying in Tennessee or something.

I'll just say my piece here and there and live my life. I'll find the beauty where I can, but I'll be a realist about the state of our nation, which subsequently effects the world. I'm not sad I live here, I'm not ashamed to call myself an American, but by God I consider myself a patriot for saying we have deep and serious flaws right now.

Wake up you dweebs, I say that with love. Stop being fanboys, it never got anyone anywhere. Be passionate, be cavalier, challenge narratives, but you won't ever do yourself a favor when you give up your individuality for a cause tribe. When you aren't allowed to question or give criticism, there is something wrong. Something is wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

the election got postponed

That can't happen constitutionally.

If he has to drop out, I think the national party committee chooses a replacement. Oh, joy

What if Biden goes into a stupor after winning? His VP would be sworn in on 1/20/2021, and pick herself a VP?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Not entirely mail only but India, not a 3rd world country but Switzerland offers that option.

Maybe my comment was a bit exaggerating, but still there are plenty of possibilities how you can make absent voting save.
Using a code one for each voter you send them in registered mail before and only the right code with the right mail vote makes a valid.
As example.
Social security number, or tax ID

<<   2  3  4 >>

join