It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York is Suffering a Mail-in Voting Disaster - Nationwide Vote-By-Mail Would Be a Catastrophe.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
The electoral college are the votes that count for presidential election not the popular vote
Doesn't matter how much voter fraud the democrats try to do for the popular vote
They'll have to buy off or blackmail the electors of the electoral college
I don't know if they have a time limit when they have to turn in their vote though

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: camain
I don't disagree with you, but we have 480 million people that should be voting.

Err, 480million? You know something about the most recent census that the rest of us don't?

The latest Dem conspiracy to steal the election is counting residents of the local cemeteries in the 2020 census, and having ballots for them, haven't you heard?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I agree with this method of stealing the postponed election???

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As long as I can help fill in the ballots...

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
As long as I can help fill in the ballots...

Why would you do that when I never said I'm for voter fraud? The three '?'s at the end made that an obvious sentence.

#ThingsILearnedFromTrump

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
if we can all make it to costco we can make it to vote.. NO machines..... Must have ID... this is easy. You cant travel without ID, you cant enter into a federal building, you cannot fly....YOU CANT GET A LIBRARY card. I heard a funny one the other day.. ALL Dems must have been REAL LOUSY at connect the DOTS when they were young. The other arguments against requiring ID are almost worthless. The positives from requiring ID COMPLETELY out shadow the negatives. ONLY legal AMERICAN CITIZENS can vote... DUH!!! its funny how the left tried to impeach OUR president for Foreign election interference.....BUT they want illegals to vote. Arguably the very definition of foreign interference. Would any expect to be able to vote in another countries elections , not being a citizen?? why would the left want this? FREE VOTES.. kindergarten level connect the dots.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: irgust
The electoral college are the votes that count for presidential election not the popular vote
Doesn't matter how much voter fraud the democrats try to do for the popular vote
They'll have to buy off or blackmail the electors of the electoral college
I don't know if they have a time limit when they have to turn in their vote though

The Supreme Court of the U.S. issued a ruling last month on that subject.

The Electors MUST vote the way the vote totals in their state dictates. They cannot abstain either.

Big win for those who are attempting to maintain the integrity of our election process.

Source: www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

WHY? Three potential threats are looming...

Item 1. Barr/Durham are expected to announce criminal actions against top Obama-Biden administration officials after Labor Day.

Item 2. Democrat leaders believe President Trump will mop the floor with Joe Biden in their first debate, on September 29th.

Item 3. Reliable sources revealed this morning that Joe Biden's Dementia/Cognitive Decline is accelerating.

Democrat leaders know that if in-person voting is the primary method for voting this year, Biden doesn't stand a chance.
Even with early-voting available, it would be too late, considering that at least one of the above 3 items will occur prior mid-October.

You actually believe Obama and Biden are under investigation and charges are pending?

Really? It is Trump who is under investigation for bank and insurance fraud. Not that his supporters care. Most are too arrogant to admit tbey have been duped by a con-man are are doubling down on voting for Trump because they don't being told they are wrong.

Trump and the Republicans know the more people who vote, the less likely he is to win. 2016 had a lower turnout than the previous 2 elections. The lack of votes helped Trump.

If voter turnout is high Trump will lose,let me repeat that if voter turnout is high TRUMP WILL LOSE!

His best strategy is voter suppression. You can do all the mental gymnastics you want, but tbe root of the issue and why Trump and his loyalists are making a big stink about what should be a non-issue is simple. They know the only way they can win is via voter suppression.
edit on 3-8-2020 by jrod because: More fixes

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Biggest problem of mail in is vote harvesting. Easy for progressives to illegally send people out to collect D votes.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It would be much better to have an extended early voting period rather than nationwide mail-in voting. I wouldn’t complain if the feds spent our tax money on that. Keep polling locations open every day for at least a month before the election. Reimburse local governments for the additional costs. Allow registered voters to vote at any polling location in their county of residence.

If you can’t manage to get to a polling location under those conditions, I can’t muster much sympathy for you. Elderly and handicapped voters should already be able to mail-in their ballots. If you don’t have valid ID or haven’t registered to vote, you have three months to take care of it.

But for God’s sake, don’t let the Democrats steal this election! They already used the FBI in a failed coup attempt. They’ve fought every attempt to ensure only registered voters can vote. They made it easy for illegal aliens to register online in California. I predict this will be the dirtiest presidential election ever, and the vast majority of cheating will be done by Democrats.
edit on 3-8-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"There sure seem to be a lot of people voting who live at 223 West Pine Street."
Opens Google Maps. Locates cemetery.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

The Nationwide vote by mail scheme is being completed, one state at a time.

The state of Nevada approved Statewide vote by mail this morning.

www.foxnews.com...

Nevada bypassed the election commissioner and removed his authority to monitor returns.

www.breitbart.com...

The goal is to get the ballots out fast...and as many returned as possible.. BEFORE John Durham's criminal report, and the first Biden Trump debate.

edit on 8/3/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Joe Biden says President Trump is telling "bald-faced lies" about the problems with mail-in voting.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There was zero concern anywhere for vote in mail fraud and fraudulent voting until Trump took office. There was no single minded hatred of the media or major concern about them providing false info, until Trump took office. There were no hoaxes in the government until Trump took office. No sales pitches from the Oval Office, no potential Russian collusion, no family members of the President in high offices of government, no race riots, no protesters turning violent and holding communities hostage for months, no unmarked secret police storming cities, no direct threats to state government and withholding of funds for lack of loyalty and of course, no talk of how evil and deplorable one side is while the other side is angelic and infallible. I still have not seen specific, measurable, attainable or repeatable evidence that mail in voting will only lead to fraud. Our president wants us to believe that there are literally over 50 million people in the United States who are bent on defrauding our voting system specifically and only to have him removed. Sorry bud, I don't buy it. Sounds more like some paid individuals who are doing their best to ensure that there is a level of mistrust in our voting system, something that has never existed in abundance until Trump became president.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Totally.

One of those, "Fuggedabouti, I never said 'Go whack Leo,' I said 'What if he was whacked out?' Some guy die or something?"

"What if you helped 'us' fill them out???"

edit on 3-8-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothar
There was zero concern anywhere for vote in mail fraud and fraudulent voting until Trump took office.

Draining the swamp EXPOSES how average citizens are SCREWED by their government and trusted officials in so many ways.

Americans wanted this exposure, or they would have elected the "status-quo" candidate, Hillary Clinton.

And if Americans want to keep draining the swamp, they will re-elect President Trump.

If they are sick of seeing corruption and failures exposed, they will vote for Joe Biden.

SIMPLE.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
President Trump points out the New York mail-in voting "disaster" at today's press briefing.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

You think he has surrogates who read ATS? Several times, something is posted here, and the White House or President raises that issue, shortly thereafter.

originally posted by: carewemust
Sunday, August 2, 2020

Democrat leaders, including Democrat Presidential nominee Joe Biden, are pushing hard for Nationwide Vote-by-Mail for the upcoming November elections.

However, the largest Vote-by-Mail experiment in our nation's history has crashed, and is still burning....leaving 1 out of every 5 voters in New York City "disenfranchised" this Summer.

More than a month after New York’s June 23 primary elections, state election officials are still counting votes!

In some legislative districts, they haven’t even started counting absentee votes.

In the best-case scenario, election officials hope to declare winners by the first Tuesday in August—six weeks after Election Day. It might take a lot longer than that.

Election officials in New York City have already invalidated upwards of 100,000 absentee ballots—about one of every five that were mailed in from the five boroughs. And furious candidates are already filing lawsuits charging discrimination and disenfranchisement.

The chaos in New York is a warning about November’s elections: Voting is being transformed by the pandemic.

But no state has built new election infrastructure.

No state has the time or the money to make sure vote-counting will go smoothly in November.

And just about every state is about to be hit with a massive surge of absentee ballots.
Source: www.theatlantic.com...

President Donald Trump correctly stated last week that universal mail-in voting, instead of in-person voting, would be a disaster. If just one state has not settled a primary election, 40 days after election day, it could take months to settle a national election, with 50 states manually counting +150 million votes, one vote at a time.

Nevertheless, Speaker of the U.S. House, Nancy Pelosi (D-California), is still demanding that this November's Presidential election, and down-ballot elections across the country, be Vote-by-mail eligible. Here is what she said this morning...

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Sunday that mail-in voting in the upcoming election will be an essential option for Americans‘ safety and well-being, despite President Donald Trump’s claims that mail-in voting will lead to fraud and delays.

“People should not have to choose between their health and their vote, and that's very important,” she said.
www.politico.com...

FWIW, Nancy Pelosi's pending $3 Trillion dollar Covid-19 "Stimulus" bill, includes $3.6 Billion for universal "vote by mail" in the United States.

Source: justthenews.com...

So as to not distract from the primary subject of this Opening Post, I'll describe what some political analysts say are the two primary reasons why Democrat leaders are pushing so hard for vote-by-mail this year, in a subsequent post. Hint: It's NOT primarily about "voter safety".

-CareWeMust

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
mail in voting will be a disaster in many ways.

One of my concerns is, what stops someone from voting in person after they have mailed a ballot in?

What is to keep someone from taking a form down to their local copy service and running off thousands of them since they did not put a security hologram on them.

Each one is individualized. Barcoded.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
mail in voting will be a disaster in many ways.

One of my concerns is, what stops someone from voting in person after they have mailed a ballot in?

After their ballot has been returned, they wouldn't show up on the voter roll as eligible for in-person voting.

Otherwise, it would be fraudulent, which is rare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join