It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at These Covid-19 Hospitalizations - Hospitals Swamped by Small Numbers is Not Good.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

We had overflow sites. Someone high up decided to shut them down sometime before reopening the state.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Cool story. You can do better.

Can you answer questions?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

My name isn't google.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well I know I'm dead!

I am.
I am posting from the Afterlife.

My hospital got overwhelmed with car crashes, suicide attempts and overdoses.
Oh wait, no it was empty.
They died at home.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: DanDanDat

We had overflow sites. Someone high up decided to shut them down sometime before reopening the state.

Yes unfortunately it would seem that many locations around the country made a grave miscalculation when they prematurely started mitigation efforts well in advance of the pandemic hitting their area. They too quickly gave into the hysteria back in march; creating a situation wherein it appeared as if they had either beat the disease or that the disease was not as bad as the hysteria suggested; when in actually they where behind the north east and not in parity.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Wow. So 31,500ish patients is a relatively small number?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

Yes 31,5000 does seem like a big number

Less than 0.001% on the other hand seems like a very small number.

I guess it depends on how you want to look at it.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

You mean evolved don't you?

Negative

How many people lived in cities 10,000 years ago compared to today??

You got me how many?

So far we know Corona virus doesn't make your mind explode.

At least not until were all told it does.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

Relative to the population of those states in America, yes it is a relatively small number.

Look up how many people are in US hospitals on any given day of the year. It is huge.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
One aspect of this "overwhelmed stat" that is not being tracked nor reported is the coming disaster in the hospitals performing the Covid-19 tests. With the ramp-up of testing, hospitals running these tests are quickly running out of the required testing materials used to run the tests on the automated systems in their labs.

I have personal insight into this since my wife is one of those lab techs running these tests.

She just told me today that due to the lack of materials, and the orders being backlogged even more, that the hospital system is proposing combining the Covid-19 tests of 4 people into a single test. She and the other lab techs are livid over this decision. They are being told to do this combined test to save on the backlogged materials. If the test comes out negative, then all 4 are listed as negative. If it's positive they are "supposed to" re-run the tests for all 4 people. Doing this actually increases the already overburdened staff and pressures them to merely declare all four tests as positive to reduce their added workload. She is terrified that this will happen and came home crying today over this change from "the top".

Expect this to further skew the numbers higher than actuality now.

edit on 7/17/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Thursday, July 16, 2020

The National News states that Texas, Arizona, Florida, and California hospitals are reaching maximum capacity, due to so many Covid-19 patients.

But when you look at: www.cdc.gov... you see:

TEXAS - Covid-19 patients are just 16.8% of the inpatient population.
ARIZONA = 25.2%
FLORIDA = 16.7%
CALIFORNIA = 11%

Those percentages equate to the following numbers, according to: covidtracking.com...

TEXAS = 10,457 Covid-19 inpatients (Population = 29 million)
ARIZONA = 3,454 Covid-19 inpatients (Pop = 7.3 million)
FLORIDA = 9,112 Covid-19 inpatients (Pop = 21.5 million)
CALIFORNIA = 8,363 Covid-19 inpatients (Pop = 39.5 million)

If hospitals in those 4 states are reaching capacity due to a small number of Covid-19 patients, relative to the state's population, doesn't that imply the hospitals do NOT have enough capacity?

That a legitimate significant medical crisis would totally swamp those states, and many others?

-CareWeMust

Which parts?

I am in Florida, my hospitals in my town I am certain are quiet
now, should I decide to go check out Miami...that would be a different story.

You can't just take an entire state population and then decide it must be either in the millions or nothing is wrong. Some podunk towns out here may never see a single case..doesn't mean there aren't hospitals in big cities starting to get concerned.

If you want to know which particular hospitals are nearing, or at capacity, just watch/listen to CNN. They have a knack for locating, or being tipped-off about one... and interviewing someone who works there.

I would rather just get news from local sources

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Fox News Chris Wallace says testing is up 37% but virus infections are up 193%.

How is that possible?

Tens of thousands of people being diagnosed with covid-19, without being tested.

Something screwy is going on right now.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Fox News Chris Wallace says testing is up 37% but virus infections are up 193%.

How is that possible?

Tens of thousands of people being diagnosed with covid-19, without being tested.

Something screwy is going on right now.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

When the coordinated hoax aspect of covid-19 is revealed, I will be laughing just like him.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So disingenuous, and pathetic. You saw what I asked you and ignored it because it doesn't fit your narrative. So do you admit it happened in Houston or not? If there why not elsewhere?
edit on 17-7-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Maybe I haven't made myself clear in this thread but I have in others. I am concerned with Florida because it is where I live. As far Houston what you say may be true but it has nothing to do with Florida.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Could it be that certain counties are overwhelmed within the states and not the whole state.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Thursday, July 16, 2020

The National News states that Texas, Arizona, Florida, and California hospitals are reaching maximum capacity, due to so many Covid-19 patients.

ARIZONA = 25.2%
FLORIDA = 16.7%
CALIFORNIA = 11%

Those percentages equate to the following numbers, according to: covidtracking.com...

If hospitals in those 4 states are reaching capacity due to a small number of Covid-19 patients, relative to the state's population, doesn't that imply the hospitals do NOT have enough capacity?

That a legitimate significant medical crisis would totally swamp those states, and many others?

-CareWeMust

Which parts?

You can't just take an entire state population and then decide it must be either in the millions or nothing is wrong. Some podunk towns out here may never see a single case..doesn't mean there aren't hospitals in big cities starting to get concerned.

If you want to know which particular hospitals are nearing, or at capacity, just watch/listen to CNN. They have a knack for locating, or being tipped-off about one... and interviewing someone who works there.

In Florida, 66% of ICU beds are occupied...that 66% consists of ALL ICU patients. Not just Covid-19 patients.

www.cdc.gov...

In Texas, it was revealed that 72% of the occupied ICU Beds are NON-Covid19 patients. I wonder what the percentage is in Florida?

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos
Could it be that certain counties are overwhelmed within the states and not the whole state.

Ref: miami.cbslocal.com...

As this article points out, Miami-Dade county has 2,700,000 residents, but only 405 ICU beds.

Easy to overwhelm 405 beds, because there's not much ICU Capacity in highly populated Miami-Dade county.

But the news media makes it sound like it's the Virus's fault, instead of poor planning. Imagine all the threats that can fill the small number of ICU beds in Florida...or any state for that matter.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Thursday, July 16, 2020

ARIZONA = 25.2%
FLORIDA = 16.7%
CALIFORNIA = 11%

-CareWeMust

Which parts?

In Florida, 66% of ICU beds are occupied...that 66% consists of ALL ICU patients. Not just Covid-19 patients.

www.cdc.gov...

In Texas, it was revealed that 72% of the occupied ICU Beds are NON-Covid19 patients. I wonder what the percentage is in Florida?

So how is that percentage equaled out? Palm Bay and Miami both have 66%?
Or is it more like 4% Palm Bay vs 95% Miami

You really think its just one big city? Florida has tons of cities, towns, etc...

Either you are clueless how things are laid out, or you are just purposefully misleading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join