It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at These Covid-19 Hospitalizations - Hospitals Swamped by Small Numbers is Not Good.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
The deaths are from last month and are being salted into this months data. That is a fact. Some states are finally putting out real data and have shown that almost all deaths attributed to covid in July, in Houston, took place in June. How do we explain that? If you put the deaths into their correct dates your curve would look a lot different.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I wonder what happened to the regular flu...
It just magically disappeared.

Best question on the boards at the moment.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Best question on the boards at the moment.

Someone did post influenza stats..in one of the numerous threads, so yes, it appears they are making a distinction between, Covid, and Influenza.

If, I remember they had a death count up to 64k
edit on 17-7-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
The deaths are from last month and are being salted into this months data. That is a fact. Some states are finally putting out real data and have shown that almost all deaths attributed to covid in July, in Houston, took place in June. How do we explain that? If you put the deaths into their correct dates your curve would look a lot different.

Since you seem to have the only "correct" information then by all means post it. Otherwise, your claims are empty.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
April 2020 - The CDC Confesses to Lying About COVID-19 Death Numbers

CDC openly admits that it is fudging the COVID-19 death figures

That the CDC isn’t telling the truth to Americans is no conspiracy theory: it’s right out there in the open for everyone to see. The CDC openly admits that it is fudging the COVID-19 death figures.

We know this because, among other truth-tellers, a plainspoken small-town physician from Kalispell, Montana, has pulled back the curtain.

Dr. Annie Bukacek, MD, explained in a presentation how death certificates are made. (See “Montana physician Dr. Annie Bukacek discusses how COVID-19 death certificates are being manipulated,”

edit on 7172020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No one can build a single hospital bed in the USA unless their state approves that there is a "need" for that hospital bed. Same for many facilities like MRI and certain outpatient facilities.

So if you or I wanted to build a 200 room hospital with 100 ICU beds, we'd need to show there is a need in the community where we want to build that 200 room hospital with 100 ICU beds for that facility.

The state can then approve, or approve with modifications.

What that means for your OP is that the # of ICU beds is limited by the state in which those facilities are. The number of beds is not limited by the hospitals or the investors in the hospitals.

So the state itself determined - that is, one would hope, *planned* - how many ICU beds would be needed in case of a major trauma event, a pandemic, etc.

The lack of ICU beds can therefore be blamed on the state for not predicting and planning for a viral pandemic.

Therefore the reason we all had to stay home to "flatten the curve" because ICUs would be overwhelmed is to cover up for the government's failure to properly plan for an entirely predictable event like this. Basically they screwed up, we paid the price.

Now couple that with reports that all "covid" patients who show up at a hospital with any symptoms are being dumped into ICU, it's no wonder they're filling up.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: carewemust

We were warned that this could overload the system.

States where warned over 5 months ago that this could overload their systems... they got to witness what happened in the north east... why didn't they take the proper precautions so that they would not be overloaded?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What is this "flu" that I keep hearing about? I've never heard of it. Funny word though. Flu.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thursday, July 16, 2020

The National News states that Texas, Arizona, Florida, and California hospitals are reaching maximum capacity, due to so many Covid-19 patients.

But when you look at: www.cdc.gov... you see:

TEXAS - Covid-19 patients are just 16.8% of the inpatient population.
ARIZONA = 25.2%
FLORIDA = 16.7%
CALIFORNIA = 11%

Those percentages equate to the following numbers, according to: covidtracking.com...

TEXAS = 10,457 Covid-19 inpatients (Population = 29 million)
ARIZONA = 3,454 Covid-19 inpatients (Pop = 7.3 million)
FLORIDA = 9,112 Covid-19 inpatients (Pop = 21.5 million)
CALIFORNIA = 8,363 Covid-19 inpatients (Pop = 39.5 million)

If hospitals in those 4 states are reaching capacity due to a small number of Covid-19 patients, relative to the state's population, doesn't that imply the hospitals do NOT have enough capacity?

That a legitimate significant medical crisis would totally swamp those states, and many others?

-CareWeMust

So what you're saying here is, America has a healthcare crisis, not a pandemic?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Your article may be correct but I am not concerned with NYC. My post is refering to Florida same as the graphs I posted. Here is another article for you talking about a data scientist that was fired for not deleting or changing numbers to give the appearance the state was ready to reopen.

"When I went to show them what the report card would say for each county, among other things, they asked me to delete the report card because it showed that no counties, pretty much, were ready for reopening," she says. "And they didn't want to draw attention to that."

Jones says a superior asked her to open up the data and alter the numbers so that the state's coronavirus positivity rating would change from 18% to 10% — and the state would appear to meet its target to reopen.

link

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Directly from Houston's Dept of Health. Good enough?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Influenza dropped off the map around weeks 11-14 in almost every counties health dept I have looked into down here. Literally just fell off the chart. The flu season magically ended 3 months early, along with a plethora of other illnesses. Really convenient.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

States where warned over 5 months ago that this could overload their systems... they got to witness what happened in the north east... why didn't they take the proper precautions so that they would not be overloaded?

So you didn't understand that social distancing, wearing masks, and not attending large gatherings was to keep the hospitals from being overloaded. Not much the hospitals can do to prepare for a bunch of idiots running around yelling "I's muh right to spread... Murica."

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vonclod
Something like that, taxpayer funded, same as police, schools, military..etc, etc.

Well the interesting part is everything you mention above also has a private sector that does the same, and that is the key. We can all agree that when the Government runs something it isn't as good as what the private sector offers and cost much more overall. Where Obamacare failed was it wanted to force all Americans into the program and force young low income healthy people to pay a good amount for it all, and it did all this while keeping the hyperinflated medical costs in place with insurance companies still in charged.

Not a good combination to try and fix the 20 million that really need the help.

Hey, I agree thats it's quite complicated, no simple solutions. I will say, I think you might be incorrect on cost(just talking healthcare), if the govt run system was "for profit" I could agree with you. Most single payer/universal health care systems are not for profit, there is a big difference I believe.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

Influenza dropped off the map around weeks 11-14 in almost every counties health dept I have looked into down here. Literally just fell off the chart. The flu season magically ended 3 months early, along with a plethora of other illnesses. Really convenient.

Sure, I hear you, I wouldn't bet my life on any info these days.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Directly from Houston's Dept of Health. Good enough?

Sure, simply show the "correct" Florida graph.

Because I have been talking about Florida. You knew that.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, the doctors and graphs must have been enough to brainwash DeSantis because he’s requesting FEMA sends us 1,500 nurses to help out.

www.washingtonpost.com... tml

A co-worker’s husband had to go the ER last week due to difficulty with breathing, he’s in very poor health as it is and really did not want to go. They kept him overnight on Thurs but when he got a little better Friday, they were going to send him home. A couple hours pass and he starts feeling worse, turns out he has pneumonia. They kept him over the weekend but again on Monday he started feeling better and the hospital didn’t hesitate to send him home due to needing the extra bed. This is in Ft. Lauderdale and while we’re not hitting Miami numbers, yet, it’s not a stretch of the mind to see it happening since many, many, many people work between both cities.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Deflection. This post isn't just about Florida. We are talking about how they compile their data for their statistics and the salting of numbers into the chart to make it look different. If it is happening there why would you assume it had not occurred anywhere else? Deny ignorance, remember?

So what is you take on Houston salting their data? You agree that I am correct there, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

So you didn't understand that social distancing, wearing masks, and not attending large gatherings was to keep the hospitals from being overloaded. Not much the hospitals can do to prepare for a bunch of idiots running around yelling "I's muh right to spread... Murica."

These states could have built out their infrastructure in anticipation. New York built field hospitals in a mater of weeks; these states had 5 months to prepare.

They most certainly should have also anticipated that their population may not be willing or able to follow guidelines; or that guidelines might prove to be infective and prepared for that possibility. Who couldn't predict the growing fatigue over the guidelines; we have been discussing it for months here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Bullsnip. Every single post I have made has been about Florida. Every single one. I am not the one deflecting you are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join