It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On 106 days later, have you changed your mind?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

The actual science and medicine has a pretty good foothold at this point.

We had years and years of research into similar pathogens, some of it quite groundbreaking (imo), as well as a lot of emerging knowledge about conditions like cytokine storms.

What remained was to establish whether or not this understanding and knowledge is relevant to SARS-CoV-2 and covid. Case reports strongly suggested most of it was indeed still relevant, and that body of evidence has only grown since then.

A)RdRPs inhibitors early on (zinc ionophore+Zinc), along with things like Vit D, Vit C, Melatonin.
B)For intermediate conditions, focus on immune modulation through everything from allergy medications to lumbrokinase.
C)For severe conditions, things like corticosteroids to tamp down the overactive immune system.

And, of course, there is going to be a lot of overlap between those treatments and stages. With corticosteroids alone, it may be enough to keep things in check, but they also have risks of their own.

While I do believe the standard double blind, randomized clinical trials should be running in the background.. I find that curtailing and obfuscating treatments solely on the premise of such trials is more than a little absurd in an actual emergency.

The cruise ship Diamond Princess gave us the perfect opportunity to really look at what this pathogen will do. Many passengers were in higher risk groups, were in relative close quarters, and were contained on the ship.

The actual science on this stuff (not the corporate-political marketing) has made a lot of really impressive gains. Things like understanding cross-immunity and how even antibodies in general are not the only factor in immune response. Dr. Karl Friston's work shows that in exposed populations, 50-80% of the population appears to be "non-susceptible." Thats not "asymptomatic," and with further exploration, could change how we examine community immunity. "Virus interference" and dependency resulting from vaccines has entered the dialogue more. All of which I find to be good changes.

The "experts" and politicians on TV/media, supposedly advising our nation in its best interests, instead have a very strict, predictable narrative: masks, lockdowns, and vaccines. #Science! Further, they have been able to market their flip-flopping and lying as somehow representative of "real science" or even "social justice." Many are clearly working towards their own agenda, and it does not appear to be based on anything that actually benefits us. Public health officials, in particular, have made little to no attempts to actually improve public health, either currently or in years past.

At the very least, this pathogen has been spreading in the US from late Jan to early Feb. Months later, we see a very sharp spike that would have to (imo) correlate with an extremely abrupt change in environment. Only thing close is the beginning of our attempts to "flatten the curve."

I think we might find out more precisely when it got here by testing the blood in the medical system, but thats not in the Narrative of "masks, lockdowns, and vaccines."

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

The chances of that actually happening are pretty damn slim, especially passing through the expansion valves. They’re small enough as it is, for something traveling at a pretty high speed

All of that diatribe of yours, and you have not a CLUE how air conditioning works.
Absolute bull#. Air does not pass through the expansion valves, only the coolant does.....
edit on 13-7-2020 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A guy yesterday yelled "ain't wearin no mask!" as he got into his truck with 3 little kids n wife...all unmasked...

People are f'in stupid.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
A guy yesterday yelled "ain't wearin no mask!" as he got into his truck with 3 little kids n wife...all unmasked...

People are f'in stupid.

Now imagine how stupid the kids wind up being.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

People are f'in stupid.

Now imagine how stupid the kids wind up being.

The apple seldom falls far from the tree

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nothing has changed for me. Still only 2 confirmed cases here in our area. Few people are wearing masks and/or gloves, and everyone is going about their normal activities. I would think we'd have seen many more cases than we have as our little town is on the Alaskan Highway and we see industrial, tourist and local traffic on a pretty large scale every day. We're also a shopping hub for many smaller surrounding communties, so stores are busy with people.

The cases we have had are people from those smaller communities, not us.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

10/10. I agree that there is a lot of great and reputable science around. How it has been politicized and used to promote big pharma interests over the public health is what gets to me.

Fauci dismissed Hydroxycloraquine as antidotal when it is a cheep drug with 70 years of study to promote Remdisever as a new a highly expensive treatment when there is still little we know about it. It is this kind of checkered history that lead to Fauci being in the position he is.

How the fake news ran with Fauci's advice on this is the kind of folly I unfortunately expect these days.

Each drug has its own implications and place. Hydroxycloraquine is more effective in the early stages, results with zinc and antibiotics is my first pick should I have to make that decision. Remdesiver is showing some promise for those that do get harder by the virus. It is complex with many other drugs also being used and conditions to consider.

As for any vaccinations offered by a self proclaimed eugenicist like Bill Gates, I will pass.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Nope, it's all still only about getting rid of "orange man bad" at all costs, including destroying this country.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: panoz77
Explain to me this BS

News is saying how important it is for the young 20 somethings to wear masks when they are out and about, cause they can bring it home to their parents and grandparents. But media also emphasizing how it can be spread asymptomatically. So even if these young ones wear a mask out in public, what's to say they don't already have it and are asymptomatic? So they wear their little sheep mask, then take it off when they get home, and granny, mommy, daddy and baby sis still get the COVID because Jr. isn't wearing his mask when he is at home. The mask is a blanky for retards.

Because it still minimizes the chances. No one ever said a mask was a 100% fool proof way of beating it, it’s simply a small step one can take to reduce the number of infections. Not sure why that is so hard for people to grasp....but I don’t understand a lot of things about the general population.

How does wearing a mask minimize the chances from an asymptomatic twenty something from infecting his family at home? They already have it and don't know it, hence asymptomatic.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Exactly right!!! A mask is not a mask they are designed for specific purpose in a specific enviroment.

What happened to all the nurse glove nazi's telling everyone they were wearing them wrong and talking about how stupid they were?

People are wearing anything from pantyhose to horsehead which all have no scientific efficacy test assisiacted with them.

Even masks that are designed with filtration devices generally have an unfiltered export hole making them useless for the designed purpose of protecting others.

If you're wearing a mask for your protection and not goggles or a shield you're an idiot.

We're only talking about prevent fluid exchange that's why a shield would work best.

If I were a struggling business I would look to see if there is any possibility of a class action lawsuit against the ADA for repayment of funds to make your building handi-cap accessible. They no long require your offer the enviroment of your business just the products you sell. If that's the case why couldnt you do curbside for the handi-capped before?

If you're arguing for masks and not to shut down HVAC systems in all buildings you're a selfish bastaad who cares about comfort over others lives.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Fear is a very powerful motivator, and the American people have been fed a steady diet of fear since this started.

Yes, I've changed my opinion since this all started. At first I saw Fauci as some sort of heroic savior, but trapped in my house for 2 months I came to realize he was actually just delivering propaganda and fear.

As I eventually discovered numerous friends who had the infection and didn't go to hospital, much less receive treatment, I came to realize that many had it, but everybody got over it. Still, nobody has died.

This has been a combination of biological warfare and psychological warfare.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

All excellent points!

There are just too many exceptions, contradictions, contraindications, and special circumstances for this one-size-fits-all policy to be mandated.

There are definitely situations and circumstances in which face masks should be required. And other situations in which they could be helpful, though not foolproof. But not as a wholesale bandaid.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

If you're wearing a mask for your protection and not goggles or a shield you're an idiot.

I agree.
But that is not the primary purpose for wearing a mask. Right?

edit on 7/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

There are definitely situations and circumstances in which face masks should be required.

Like when people who may be infected may be in close proximity to others?

edit on 7/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

...by those metrics, we may as well also start enforcing the law based on precrime possibilities. I find "Once you have tested positive, you are proven infected and must take precautions" to be far more in-line with standard US policies that have always been rooted in the presumption of innocence.

After all, if we are to behave as if every one of us are infected, because we very well may be, who's left uninfected to protect from us?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

After all, if we are to behave as if every one of us are infected, because we very well may be, who's left uninfected to protect from us?

False premise. It is clear not everyone is infected because the percentage of positive test results is well below 100%.

The premise is that there is no way to determine who may be infected.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Like when people who may be infected may be in close proximity to others?

Well, definitely when people who may be infected are in close proximity to vulnerable people... those who are least able to fight the virus due to already compromised immune systems, or other chronic/acute conditions. This could be (fairly) easily accommodated as appropriate, voluntarily, with no blanket mandates for the entire population.

Businesses can do as they will. And of course, individuals are free to take what precautions they deem necessary and proper.

Generally speaking, we are better served both individually and collectively if those who are healthy and best able to fight the virus catch it and fight it the old fashioned way during optimal (summer) conditions. So we should focus on protecting the vulnerable, but let those ready, willing and able do so.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Explain to me this BS

News is saying how important it is for the young 20 somethings to wear masks when they are out and about, cause they can bring it home to their parents and grandparents. But media also emphasizing how it can be spread asymptomatically. So even if these young ones wear a mask out in public, what's to say they don't already have it and are asymptomatic? So they wear their little sheep mask, then take it off when they get home, and granny, mommy, daddy and baby sis still get the COVID because Jr. isn't wearing his mask when he is at home. The mask is a blanky for retards.

Because it still minimizes the chances. No one ever said a mask was a 100% fool proof way of beating it, it’s simply a small step one can take to reduce the number of infections. Not sure why that is so hard for people to grasp....but I don’t understand a lot of things about the general population.

How does wearing a mask minimize the chances from an asymptomatic twenty something from infecting his family at home? They already have it and don't know it, hence asymptomatic.

It might not at home, but everywhere else the 19 year old goes.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's why I said if, also stated that the masks that would protect you the best generally don't filter exhaled air which devoids the intended purpose of protecting others. I've seen noone have issue with that, if that's okay then me not filtering my air in or out should be acceptable, no?
edit on 7/13/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A. They keep saying hers immunity cannot happen naturally.

B. They keep saying getting the virus won’t make you immune to getting it again.

C. They keep saying the vaccine will give us herd immunity and keep us immune from getting it again.

I did the math... if a and b are true there is no need for vax.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join