It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On 106 days later, have you changed your mind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It’s my belief and unchanged that the lockdowns will cause more families to split up, lose their homes and divorce than we will have deaths.

In my home town of 470 k we have had 13 deaths and 130 hospitalized. Of the 13 dead, 7 were over 75 years old.

It is my unrelenting belief that this pandemic is a nothing but a political tool.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

No change here. Though I'm believing now it is being used politically. Note: Trump rallies- Massive out break of virus. Riots- nothing. Seems kind of odd don't it?
This is an election year and we know how the dems and media feel about Trump.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Phage

Warm weather not working out so good. Is it?

You never disappoint, Phage

Interesting you mention that... when warm weather turns to BLAZING HOT weather driving everyone indoors... um... yeah, it doesn't seem to work out so good!

We've been shopping for multi-split units to replace our existing unit, and I just learned this weekend that they recycle the inside air, rather than drawing in fresh air and blowing out stale air. This is very risky for any aerosolized pathogen, of course, which may include CoVid.

But, yes, your point is well taken! (Tee hee hee!!!)

We'll see how this plays out. Live and learn!

ETA: And, yes, I'll still put more faith in Vitamin D3 than a face mask.

You don’t have to worry about the AC much. I’ve given this speech to a dozen or so of our tenants now-

A glob of spit would have to make it’s way into the return duct of the AC and travel all the way through the system without getting stuck to the sides along the way, then back out the supply vent. The chances of that actually happening are pretty damn slim, especially passing through the expansion valves. They’re small enough as it is, for something traveling at a pretty high speed, it’s extremely unlikely that it’ll actually make it’s way through the whole process to come out a supply vent and into someone’s orifice.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Not really... I'm still pretty much here with the whole foolishness and noise.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Thank you! I will definitely share that with my husband too.

Generally speaking, if you don't mind me picking your brain a little more, are you happy with multi-split system?

We have to do something... But I dread the cost of running a heatpump, so we're looking at all our options. We are replacing a rooftop evap unit, and we have a couple window refrigeration units we use during monsoon season. It's great during dry season, but a pain during the monsoon season!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am always trying to change my mind as new information evolves and a clearer picture of the situation develops.

It freaked me out seeing people drop dead in the streets, hospitals overwhelmed and crematoriums overflowing capacity when it all started in Wuhan. Now it looks like some greedy satanic globalist cult trying to destroy the world by killing the economy.

From what I am seeing, the medical community has been making great gains in treatment. Get on to it early, do the right thing and odds for survival pick up. For anyone that thinks they will live for ever, ain't gonna happen.

As for the mask thing, free choice. You cannot legislate microbes. As for the kids going back to school, the impact from covid is very minimal from the data i have seen. The damage on overall developmental health does look higher as the schools remain closed. Open them up. If some parents are still paranoid there is room for free choice.

I think we are entering the stages of a feardemic, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortezis a classic example.
edit on 13-7-2020 by kwakakev because: added last sentence

edit on 13-7-2020 by kwakakev because: spelling

edit on 13-7-2020 by kwakakev because: grammer

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You number for the deaths is a lie. We put a bounty on covid patience. You cant trust the numbers. Hospitals are lying.

This $*@&ing "pandemic" is the $*@&ing cold....

When have we lost or back bone... living around a bunch of whiny wimps

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The tone of what you wrote, asking if people have (finally) changed their mind, comes off as some kind of "I told you so".

There has been a lot of changing information and contradictory statements being made by "experts" that only solidifies doubts many people have regarding this pandemic.

At the beginning, Fauci said wearing a mask wouldn't help. Months later, he said people need to wear masks. When asked about this flip flop, he admitted that he knowingly lied when he said masks wouldn't help. He was worried there wouldn't be enough for first responders. But you know, he's an admitted liar, so was he lying then, or is he lying now? I sure can't trust his word, now can I?

How about those "experts" we always hear referenced? Well, they said BLM protests did not pose any threat of spreading covid-19, but other protests, such as protests against the lockdown, were dangerous and too much of a risk of spreading Covid-19. They lost all credibility there.

Has any of this changed your mind? No? The fear mongering hasn't changed mine either.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

Who is saying that? Why is it so hard to understand that full hospitals are not a good thing? No matter what causes it?
www.ibtimes.com...

But the numbers of those who are dying each day is rising again, indeed.

Full hospitals are a good thing. Hospitals are a business. They are making a lot of loot right now. Large bags of it. I don't blame them either since they have been stiffed by illegals and gun shot victims for years. They are going to milk this thing as long as they can. Don't believe me that's fine but as I have stated before, looked what happened to the Navy med ships and all those makeshift guard hospitals. All shutdown. No business.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Who is saying that? Why is it so hard to understand that full hospitals are not a good thing? No matter what causes it?
www.ibtimes.com...

And I'm sure it has nothing to do with politics. If you are at risk, stay home so we can do our jobs. It's very simple.
edit on 13-7-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

originally posted by: TzarChasm
300 million people in America and in 6 months we have experienced:

3 million infections

130k deaths

1.4 million recoveries

The numbers here still heavily contradict the alarm factor that seems to be almost exclusively on the TV.

Amazing how politicians in the US never die from it. Pelosi, looked like she was making a Dancing in the Streets video with McJagger in China Town. No mask or social distancing distancing. Same for athletes and celebrities. Tom Hanks and his wife roared back from the dead.

Don't forget Chris Cuomo and his wife and son all "had it".

link   
Not really, looked a very nasty new virus from the start and biggest pandemic for 100 years. Thankfully llockdowns saved millions of lives.

Far more surprised how anti-science/lacking basic maths a lot of US posters and politicians though.

link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

www.ibtimes.com...

Full hospitals are a good thing. Hospitals are a business. They are making a lot of loot right now. Large bags of it. I don't blame them either since they have been stiffed by illegals and gun shot victims for years. They are going to milk this thing as long as they can. Don't believe me that's fine but as I have stated before, looked what happened to the Navy med ships and all those makeshift guard hospitals. All shutdown. No business.

Someone once asked me if I thought I could trust a nurse whose husband is a mortician. It was a joke but it still makes me think.

link   
Explain to me this BS

News is saying how important it is for the young 20 somethings to wear masks when they are out and about, cause they can bring it home to their parents and grandparents. But media also emphasizing how it can be spread asymptomatically. So even if these young ones wear a mask out in public, what's to say they don't already have it and are asymptomatic? So they wear their little sheep mask, then take it off when they get home, and granny, mommy, daddy and baby sis still get the COVID because Jr. isn't wearing his mask when he is at home. The mask is a blanky for retards.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Drucifer

Thank you! I will definitely share that with my husband too.

Generally speaking, if you don't mind me picking your brain a little more, are you happy with multi-split system?

We have to do something... But I dread the cost of running a heatpump, so we're looking at all our options. We are replacing a rooftop evap unit, and we have a couple window refrigeration units we use during monsoon season. It's great during dry season, but a pain during the monsoon season!

Generally speaking, if you get a really good installer and keep up on some routine maintenance, you’ll be good to go. There isn’t a huge difference in quality these days as they’re all built to fail. They started making them with aluminum instead of copper and Freon just destroys the aluminum after so long. There’s a lot of brands all being made in the same factory (Goodman and Daikon, for example) and you end up paying for a brand name (Daikon will be cheaper than a Goodman....exact same unit, same factory, same specs) so you’ll want to do a little digging when you’re looking to buy.

Learn how to check the capacitor on your own. It takes 30 seconds, they cost $7 and an AC tech will charge you $120 to replace it. Get some coil cleaner and give it an annual cleaning for the first 5 years or until the coils start looking bad, then switch up to bi-annual. Keep the condensate drain line cleared out (just shove a hose in it and blast all the gunk out). Those little things will keep you going for quite a while, as long as your install was done well. Definitely do your homework when looking for a good installer. It’ll save you a fortune down the road to spend more upfront on the install.

Just to keep this on topic-

My mind hasn’t changed much about this. By nature, I try to stay indoors regularly...I really dig my house. I have no problem with masks as I have to wear them for work all the time (especially when cleaning AC coils!). The only thing that’s changed in regards to this is that I’m really sick of it at this point. Obviously I’m FAR from being the only one, but the wife and I had a LOT planned for 2020 and literally every bit of it has been cancelled. I decided not to go to my grandfather’s funeral last week because I’m in Florida and I would have had to have traveled to Maine to be around a lot of elderly, I just didn’t want to risk anything. That was a bummer. So was the cancelled Tool tour we blew an outrageous amount of money on.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Explain to me this BS

News is saying how important it is for the young 20 somethings to wear masks when they are out and about, cause they can bring it home to their parents and grandparents. But media also emphasizing how it can be spread asymptomatically. So even if these young ones wear a mask out in public, what's to say they don't already have it and are asymptomatic? So they wear their little sheep mask, then take it off when they get home, and granny, mommy, daddy and baby sis still get the COVID because Jr. isn't wearing his mask when he is at home. The mask is a blanky for retards.

Because it still minimizes the chances. No one ever said a mask was a 100% fool proof way of beating it, it’s simply a small step one can take to reduce the number of infections. Not sure why that is so hard for people to grasp....but I don’t understand a lot of things about the general population.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The " Numbers " are Made Up Lies . Keep drinking the Cool Aid Snowflakes.............

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Sorry, posted in wrong thread
edit on 13-7-2020 by kwakakev because: wrong thread post

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Warm weather not working out so good. Is it?

You never disappoint, Phage

Interesting you mention that... when warm weather turns to BLAZING HOT weather driving everyone indoors... um... yeah, it doesn't seem to work out so good!

We've been shopping for multi-split units to replace our existing unit, and I just learned this weekend that they recycle the inside air, rather than drawing in fresh air and blowing out stale air. This is very risky for any aerosolized pathogen, of course, which may include CoVid.

But, yes, your point is well taken! (Tee hee hee!!!)

We'll see how this plays out. Live and learn!

ETA: And, yes, I'll still put more faith in Vitamin D3 than a face mask.

You don’t have to worry about the AC much. I’ve given this speech to a dozen or so of our tenants now-

A glob of spit would have to make it’s way into the return duct of the AC and travel all the way through the system without getting stuck to the sides along the way, then back out the supply vent. The chances of that actually happening are pretty damn slim, especially passing through the expansion valves. They’re small enough as it is, for something traveling at a pretty high speed, it’s extremely unlikely that it’ll actually make it’s way through the whole process to come out a supply vent and into someone’s orifice.

This is what is so scary about the ignorance shown here. A/C systems do not work that way. Freon goes through the expansion valves, not air. The air passes by the chilled coils giving it the coldness. The air only goes through a filter which is much less efficient than a mask. For most A/C systems the air is simply recirculated inside the structure.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If people are worried about getting COVID through their A/C systems.... they probably should turn off their TV's.

Keep the A/C running... you will be ok.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join