It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't imagine the homeless will fair any better than the poor sods in the care homes especially if they are old souls if I'm honest.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: vonclod

I don't think homeless status is reported in the statistics on COVID deaths as such.
But there's no reason to think they aren't part of the numbers.

The spread of COVID-19 is particularly detrimental for people without homes because they often lack access to basic sanitation, health care and the ability to isolate and quarantine if they do get sick. In response, cities with large populations of people experiencing homelessness, including New York City, Los Angeles, New Orleans and San Francisco, have begun using vacant hotel rooms to provide care to some of the city's most vulnerable.

source

I guess I'm just relating what happened in Vancouver, assuming it's simular elsewhere. We have a legendarily bad area called the Down Town East Side. It's a real pit of addiction, mental health and homelessness issues. Now due to a fairly heavy presence of health care..ie, safe injection sites, and other places the people there can go to, for care, there was decent monitoring, only 1 infection during the worst of it here. Now, I am going back a few months.

I just looked for current info, but not much there, other than officials stating concern over other homeless populations in the U.S. where they have been hit. I guess I spoke too soon regarding other places. Maybe access to some healthcare is the difference here.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

That might be down to the fact that most people simply ignore or avoid the poor souls.

Nobody pays attention to the deaths where homelessness is concerned.

I would be surprised if most places even collect or report such statistics if I'm honest.

I think there is truth to that, there is not a lot of mingling going on. But they do have health care services, and enough monitoring to know if things were getting out of control.

By far the majority of deaths were in care homes

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Jez oh, if those types of temps and humidity were to happen in the U.K thousands of pensioners would be lucky to make it through the day, COVID or no COVID.

Masks must be quite the pressure under such circumstances, but to be honest the only place i would want to be in that heat is in the back garden with a cold bottle of beer in tow which should not require a mask.

Respect coz admittedly wearing a mask in such heat could indeed be hazardous to one's health i suppose.

I wear a mask in 112+ heat. And don’t tell me the desert is dry heat. That might have been true before residents imported non-native shrubs & trees they flood irrigate daily. Plus we have a monsoon season.

I carry several masks in my car, an extra one with me, and a plastic bag with wipes — in a backpack.

I have zero issue with wearing a mask.

Having to work outside wearing one, might be different.

Interestingly, those complaining, don’t seem to be those working outside.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

5 Governors sent citizens who are most costly to their state, to nursing homes to die.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah we know.
You keep saying it, over and over and over and over.

What does it have to do with the current situation?
edit on 7/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

5 Governors sent citizens who are most costly to their state, to nursing homes to die.

I know, that is pretty hard to wrap my head around..why they did that.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Care homes got decimated over here also pretty much down to the lack, to begin with, or improper PPE, and the fact that the hospitals were dumping the old souls infected into such facilities without admitting those that also required hospitalization back into the hospitals.

Now where hospitals and homeless are concerned thats pretty much a rotating door, they are in, and then back out, with the minimal of care extended.

edit on 12-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not complaining and wear a mask.

Just saying it would be murder in all that heat.

Sweat running down my face and into all sorts of manner and crevices over here and that's in 65c weather conditions.

Needs must all the same.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

18% humidity is pretty damn low. And 111º is too damned hot.
Phoenix

I spent a week of summer in DC a while back.
That was too damned hot and too damned humid.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

18% humidity is pretty damn low. And 111º is too damned hot.
Phoenix

I spent a week of summer in DC a while back.
That was too damned hot and too damned humid.

Whats the norm in Hawaii?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The norm is Perfect. Everybody know that.

It can get into the low 90s (F, obviously) with humidity upwards of 80. But we usually have the NE tradewinds blowing to help keep things cooler than other places in the tropics where that doesn't happen. Which side of an island you're on also makes a difference. I'm on the good side.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm not complaining and wear a mask.

Just saying it would be murder in all that heat.

Sweat running down my face and into all sorts of manner and crevices over here and that's in 65c weather conditions.

Needs must all the same.

In today’s world — air conditioned house — to air conditioned car — to air conditioned store.

Many don’t put the mask on till they’re close to the store and remove it on exiting.

I took 20 mins to walk to the store & 20 mins back in 111 degrees. It was not a big deal. And I do have a physical/muscle issue of my jaw, neck, shoulders, & chest.

Many (not all) are making mask wearing way more of a problem than it actually is (isn’t).

Thank you for wearing a mask.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The norm is Perfect. Everybody know that.

It can get into the low 90s (F, obviously) with humidity upwards of 80. But we usually have the NE tradewinds blowing to help keep things cooler than other places in the tropics where that doesn't happen. Which side of an island you're on also makes a difference. I'm on the good side.

I figure you guys get that nice breeze

About the same here, summer of course, 70-95 temps, and in the 80s for humidity.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Phage

18% humidity is pretty damn low. And 111º is too damned hot. Phoenix.

Yuma — where CA-AZ-MEXICO meet in that little SW corner. Phoenix is like another country in some far away place.

Yeah, it’s not tropical. But, we do have monsoon season. I remember one time it was pouring rain, 10:00 at night, and 100 degrees.

HOT is after 116 degrees

edit on 12-7-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yup. I spent a week in Tucson. In the summer.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yup. I spent a week in Tucson. In the summer.

I’ve actually never been to Tucson. But, I think it’s similar.

Yuma is the sunniest place on earth according to Guinness.

The hottest it’s been since I’ve lived here is 124 degrees. I stayed inside

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

It is reported in some states, Michigan being one.
A HUGE percentage opf cases there were among these locked in, unfortunate souls
www.michigan.gov...
www.clickondetroit.com...
No wonder metro Detroit was hit so ha
www.freep.com...

In some cases, the state sent positive patients to nursing homes, can you imagine?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

No need to imagine.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I just realized I misread your post earlier.
I also have not seen stats on the homeless.
But, somehow I truly believe if there was an outbreak among the homeless in LA or SF....we'd be hearing about it from the rooftops.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join