It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I live in South Florida, went to take my dog to the beach today. I wore a mask as did my spouse. The beach is near a local university. We went in the late afternoon. What I saw disturbed me. Walking from parking to the beach, most people I encountered seemed to be twenty somethings. I would say about 1 in ten was wearing a mask. There were several groups of 5 or more, not social distancing. On the beach it was a little better, people distancing well, but the individual groups still mostly not distancing and few masks. I have been seeing this for a couple weeks, lots of people out walking around and not wearing masks. I know there are people out there who are not taking this seriously but I am not one of them. I know half a dozen people who have come down with it and I know of one person who died. Trust me, this thing is REAL. Please, for Gods sake, wear a mask, distance correctly, wash your hands frequently, and be careful. Protect yourself and protect your families. God be with us all.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Apparently no one cares, so be it.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

The Covid-19 wave moved out from the NYC/NJ epicenter. It reached Florida/Texas/Arizona/California and will dissipate in those states, like it did in the Northeast and the Midwest.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Covid is real... The reaction is a hoax!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I live at St Pete Beach but rarely go on the beach except when I can see it is empty-which is most early mornings.

I can see people come and go. No one is wearing a mask but they are keeping far apart.

Pinellas County has had so many deaths that most residents are staying away. No one in my building seems to be visiting the beach unless they are out of towners.

This is real. It's no hoax and there are no good predictors for the future.

Still gotta love the optimists. Do hope it ends soon but it's not getting better-just worse.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Same thing here in Hillsborough county. Even with the county-wide mask order, most of the younger people still aren't wearing one. It's a damn shame. If everyone would just suck it up and wear a mask for a few weeks this thing could be over.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Just found out my 76 year old dad has Covid 19 last night and isn't sounding good. He lives in Florida with my brother who has many health problems and is in his late 50's to early 60's...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Just found out my 76 year old dad has Covid 19 last night and isn't sounding good. He lives in Florida with my brother who has many health problems and is in his late 50's to early 60's...

I'm sorry to hear, and best wishes for your father. A couple of my associates fathers passed away from COVID recently, while several others, elderly included, have recovered well and quickly, even after being in pretty bad shape.

Good vibes and a prayer his way.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I live in Johnson County Missouri. We have gone from 8 active cases to 165 in 2 weeks. One nursing home has 16 sick residents and 2 employees so far. Applebee's and Burger King have shut down due to sick employees, and our grocery store is not far behind it. Last I heard, there were 7 active cases at the store and they're running a skeleton crew. 2 out at Sonic, and 1 at Walmart that I know of. Whiteman AFB is also having a big problem, but their numbers are confidential. We only have 2 deaths so far, but they've happened in the last 3 days. For a period of time yesterday, our hospital was diverting ambulances to other cities because they were at capacity.

A lot of the hoaxers from 2 weeks ago are FINALLY taking this thing seriously.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Anyone see a coincidence in the posts here of the people who died?? And of the people they are railing against.

Healthy people should not be trapped inside, healthy people do not need to wear masks.

And UV light ( the sun ) has shown to be an effective vitamin D supplement we all need who knew. Guess where you get lots of that and fresh air...... the beach.

If your old, already sick, or just plain still afraid keep hiding. Stay inside wear your mask. Get people too get your things. Accept YOUR NEW NORMAL.

Keep getting mad at the young, the not sick, Believe the BS goalpost moving from the MSM. But in the end your OPINION of how I should live my life based on your instilled fears supplied by the media, I for one and many others do not have to follow.

CoNViD FACTS

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In the next couple weeks, the spike in cases will start becoming a spike in deaths unfortunately (Covid takes a couple/few weeks to go from sick to dead).
Its gonna get ugly I imagine.

I did see some good news about that remdesivir though. Seems it cuts death rates by over half, so if you or a loved one gets the china cough, see how available that is and have it handy should things start getting bad.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Another reason could be all the retirees in Florida.
If you feel the need to wear a mask outdoors go right ahead, but quit trying to guilt trip everyone else into doing so. A mask indoors in close quarters is a no brainer, but outside in the open is overkill, go ahead and continue to wear something that reduces your oxygen intake and keeps your body safe from all bacteria’s (good and bad), so when you decide to stop wearing them you will catch something due to a weakened immune system.

21 million people in Florida and so far less than 5 thousand in five months have died from Covid19. Think about those numbers for a second. That’s roughly 1 in 4000 people died from Covid19 in the last five months, but by all means continue living in fear.

edit on 11-7-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I'm sure, quite soon, "the masks don't work" or they somehow "infringe upon one's civil liberties" crowd will chime up soon enough and educate you as to the horrendous error of your rather logical way of thought.

Anyhoo stay safe people follow social distancing rules and wear a mask when on public transport or around large groups of people.

Common sense and good hygiene may very well save your life and those of others ta boot.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking
Anyone see a coincidence in the posts here of the people who died?? And of the people they are railing against.

Healthy people should not be trapped inside, healthy people do not need to wear masks.

And UV light ( the sun ) has shown to be an effective vitamin D supplement we all need who knew. Guess where you get lots of that and fresh air...... the beach.

If your old, already sick, or just plain still afraid keep hiding. Stay inside wear your mask. Get people too get your things. Accept YOUR NEW NORMAL.

Keep getting mad at the young, the not sick, Believe the BS goalpost moving from the MSM. But in the end your OPINION of how I should live my life based on your instilled fears supplied by the media, I for one and many others do not have to follow.

CoNViD FACTS

SaneThinking

Once family members around you start dropping, you will re-examine your views no doubt.

Its all fun and games until mom and dad fall down in the living room.
Question to you....when a vaccine comes out, will you get a jab?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Michigan just went mandatory masks inside and out. Everyone, everywhere...$500 fine to be enforced starting Monday

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
😂🤣😂🤣 Bud I’m no Amerikan Yank getting played by the media for political gain. Where I live we are free to do as we please in total 189 elderly people in hospices with pre existing conditions have died. Spare me the conjecture of it being my family.

So no I don’t worry about my kid, my parents, my sister, her kids, because we are all healthy, active, eat well, GO OUTSIDE and get SUNSHINE.

As per the GATES/FAUCCI jab they can eat my ass, I haven’t had a flu shot in 22 yrs since the last jab was forced upon me in high school. So NO I WILL NOT DRINK THE KOOL-AID.

You are free to be a human trial for all I care, let us all know how it goes!!!

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Same thing here in Hillsborough county. Even with the county-wide mask order, most of the younger people still aren't wearing one. It's a damn shame. If everyone would just suck it up and wear a mask for a few weeks this thing could be over.

This is not true at all; it can't be over until everyone gets it and builds immunity, or we have not only a vaccine, but a treatment and cure. Masks just slow down transmission; it's not like if we all just wore masks, it'd disappear in 3 weeks and never come back.

The slower transmission is, the longer it will be around, because it will take longer to build immunity. The purpose of masks isn't to make it go away or to defeat covid, it's just to slow down the rate that people need to be admitted to the hospital.

Wearing masks won't stop you from getting it, won't stop you from spreading it. It just makes the probability of much lower, but still probable.

We have vaccines and treatments for the flu; but it's still around and killing around 80,000 a year in the united states alone. If you believe wearing masks and having a vaccine and a treatment makes it go away, I'll just point at almost every virus in the history of mankind.

Covid is here to stay. Forever. Get used to it.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
That is only partially true.

Masks are not mandated outdoors unless you cannot keep a distance from those outside your household.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It's to bad the Rona hasn't taken out a bunch of politicians.

I been seeing chinese wearing masks for over s decade on tv. If they truly stop the spread of it then why is it here. To me masks wearing is just BS.

All of you that don't like people not wearing a mask can go suck a big hairy one!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Just so. A lot of people in china have been wearing masks along time. If they stopped the spread it shouldn't be here right?

So why should we be infringed upon ?😎
edit on 11-7-2020 by cognizant420 because: Added the missing s for Andy, lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join