It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Greater mind than yours or mine seems to think there is a least a possibility where a vaccine is concerned.

As to the viability or longevity of any such vaccine, that remains s to be established.

I certainly don't see a working vaccine materializing this side of 2020 just down to the manner in which such things are produced, nevermind the complicated and timely medical trials that are required so as to mitigate any unforeseen side effects, like death for instance.

The thing is COVID 19 is not a joke, don't think many people are laughing if we are honest given the implications and tragic set of circumstances the pathogen has brought about worldwide.

edit on 11-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You have a good day also.

Its just debate mate, disagreement is going to be a thing, no need to be sorry.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Same thing here in Hillsborough county. Even with the county-wide mask order, most of the younger people still aren't wearing one. It's a damn shame. If everyone would just suck it up and wear a mask for a few weeks this thing could be over.

So, if we all wear masks for a few weeks, the virus will be gone? Is that what you’re saying?

Like the flu, this will always be around. So whether people stay locked inside and wear masks and gloves every time they’re out, or they go about their lives, guess what? The virus will spread, whether two weeks from now or two months or two years. All you’re doing. with your “stay inside! wear a mask! don’t come within 20 feet of another human!” wailing is to prolong the inevitable, which is the virus spreading.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Same thing here in Hillsborough county. Even with the county-wide mask order, most of the younger people still aren't wearing one. It's a damn shame. If everyone would just suck it up and wear a mask for a few weeks this thing could be over.

People where locked up in their homes for over two months and this thing didn't go away; what makes you think wearing masks for a few weeks will do the trick?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

They are not asking you to remove an arm or limb but simply to follow common sense, stick to the social distancing rules, and wear a mask where appropriate.

I don't disagree as to tobacco products or the crap placed in our foodstuffs but that seems to be another matter.

Nobody stealing your freedom as far as i can determine, just COVID 19 stealing life.

Like i said its a public health concern and not much to do with freedom.

Here's the thing...you are calling this "common sense". Why? Because Fauci, or your government paid scientist of choice, says so? You realize there is ample dissenting opinion from highly respected epidemiologists that don't happen to be government paid, right?

So when you say common sense...what do you mean? Hand washing? Sure, thats always been common sense. Dont stand near people who are sick? I think we all know this.

But wearing a mask, killing world economies, house arrest outside the boundaries of lawful powers...are these all common sense?

How many homeless have died from COVID? Its not like this is a group that isn't high risk, predisposed, and lacking healthcare. Why aren't they dying in droves? Do they just have more common sense?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Im on chemo, and will be for the rest of my life i think. Technically, its a biologic. But its a chemotherapy nonetheless.

I wear a mask for the sake of business professionalism. Thats about it. I cannot hide from disease...its just not worth it. And im certainly not going to allow my anxiety to be controlled. Its bad enough that 4 cell phones in our house will sound alarms randomly about amber alerts and other various emergency alerts. That our local emergency system is tested up to 10 times a week instead of the 2 that are required. Or that it takes over your TV cable services (even if im streaming a noncable service) to sound a long and loud alarm at random times of the day or night. Like to sleep with the TV on? Don't bother...the volume is controlled through the cable box, and that emergency warning will wake you at 3am blaring at you.

And we wonder what is wrong with mental health in America. I'd put a "LOL' but im actually livid over all this.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking
a reply to: SaturnFX
😂🤣😂🤣 Bud I’m no Amerikan Yank getting played by the media for political gain. Where I live we are free to do as we please in total 189 elderly people in hospices with pre existing conditions have died. Spare me the conjecture of it being my family.

So no I don’t worry about my kid, my parents, my sister, her kids, because we are all healthy, active, eat well, GO OUTSIDE and get SUNSHINE.

As per the GATES/FAUCCI jab they can eat my ass, I haven’t had a flu shot in 22 yrs since the last jab was forced upon me in high school. So NO I WILL NOT DRINK THE KOOL-AID.

You are free to be a human trial for all I care, let us all know how it goes!!!

SaneThinking

Sounds good.
I hear its a nothingburger anyhow, so no need for you or your particular genetic lineage to worry about

As far a sunshine. Well, I live in Florida, so we got that covered. Haven't checked lately, but I assume Florida is basically over the coronavirus issue...due to summer and beaches and sunshine and whatnot.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
How many homeless have died from COVID? Its not like this is a group that isn't high risk, predisposed, and lacking healthcare. Why aren't they dying in droves? Do they just have more common sense?

Homeless Covid Issues

Seems it is hitting the homeless hard when you check the shelters.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hmm...

it doesn't seem to be doing much to the vast quantity of them in the streets. I would assume that we would have seen a huge thinning of that particular herd, if this was all worth killing the global economy over.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Going to take a moment to furhter analyze this....from your source:

Viral posts suggest that COVID-19 can’t be a serious disease if it hasn’t “wiped out the homeless.” But recent reports published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found high rates of homeless residents testing positive for the novel coronavirus, known as SARS-CoV-2.

Did you catch that bait and switch? The allegation: that viral posts suggest that it can't be serious if it hasn't "wiped out the homeless". The response: "the CDC has found high rates of COVID among homeless".

I think that answers it for us just fine. They pretend to address the viral allegation, but in no way even approach it. I don't think any one cares if they are infected by something that doesn't do much to them. We shrug off colds all the time. People willingly choose to own cats, despite the implications of Toxoplasmia Gondii. All anyone really cares about is the death toll...what is the risk.

And this article implies that risk is unimportant...infection rate is.

Lets go on:

Actual numbers of how many homeless people have been infected or have died from COVID-19 are not known yet. “There’s an ad hoc nature to not just the response to this crisis just generally speaking, but with the data tracking,” Daniel Treglia, a co-author of the NAEH report, told us.

So in truth, this whole article is pulling manure out of their south ends. They don't know. And the entire process is admittedly ad hoc (read "fly by the seat of your pants, make it up as you go along").

continue reading...it only talks about testing, and numbers of infections. Not mortality, deaths, chronic issues resulting from...none of the stuff that would justify what we have seen done to our economies. Don't even get me started on mental health. The mental health impacts of this have hit my home very hard. Despite my pay cut due to this stuff, my wife hasn't been able to drag herself from bed to work in 3 weeks as a nurse in a mental hospital. Her depression has become very worrysome, and her absence from work is causing a mental hospital that has now developed a wait list for admission to not have her service in their daily fight.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Why? Because Fauci, or your government paid scientist of choice, says so? You realize there is ample dissenting opinion from highly respected epidemiologists that don't happen to be government paid, right?

So umm, which government is paying for the entire earth to all have the same issue and statement from the nearly unanimous doctors, statistician, and scientific community?

Seems the biggest voices against the dogma is a few fringe doctors, and a number of couch politicians of a very narrow side.

You said its common sense to stay away from sick people...cool....so, who is sick then when like half the cases are asymptomatic or very mild? Must we all be psychic? Covid sticks around in the air for hours after someone leaves, so...how does that work...you gotta know if a sick person went to the local walmart or restaurant within the last few hours via magic? maybe some sort of dousing rod for the wuflu air particles?

You're being extremely dismissive on the idea of wearing a mask in public enclosures, but its proven effective in not either contracting but more importantly not spreading this highly infectious novel virus.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

High states of stress, particularly over extended periods, can do everything from affect mental health to compromise immune systems.

Frankly, a lot of the stuff that people are currently touting as "common sense" compromise immune systems. As you know, there are a staggering amount of doctors speaking out.. But they dont make it on the MSM, therefore they arent included in the carefully crafted narrative.

Masks can mitigate droplet spread, to an extent. Their cost, however, is everything from respiratory process interference to increasing viral load in sick patients. Most will mess with their face more, etc.

So many act like its #Science! because experts on TV said it. Its like treating some random blog as The Truth in the earlier days of the internet.

The reality of the actual science is that we have zero idea what the impact of large scale mask use will have on the population. Even the basic science on the specifically cultivated topic of "reducing spread" is mixed.

But the "experts" and "common sense" say otherwise. The former seems to be doing everything they can to compromise immune systems, while making zero attempts to actually educate/inform the population. The inherent flaws in the latter are a big part in why we have actual science in the first place; because "common sense" is frequently wrong.

I would attribute any spikes we have beyond seasonal norms to be the result of our approach almost entirely. Clamp down on normal movement for a few months, then quickly turn around and encourage mass gatherings and riots.

It all seems almost designed to stress everyone out as much as possible, comrpomise immune systems en masse, and manipulate human movement to facilitate the spread of any pathogens.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

So in truth, this whole article is pulling manure out of their south ends. They don't know. And the entire process is admittedly ad hoc (read "fly by the seat of your pants, make it up as you go along").

You read "we don't know the morality rate of homeless people" and comprehended it as such, but your conclusions is what the, homeless people don't die?

We are still unsure about how many deaths were from wars directly and indirectly...does that mean wars don't kill people?

Wear a mask already. Go to work, but have some degree of if not self preservation, then at least community responsibility.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Hmm...

it doesn't seem to be doing much to the vast quantity of them in the streets. I would assume that we would have seen a huge thinning of that particular herd, if this was all worth killing the global economy over.

Its not Ebola

have you seen a 5% decrease?
how would you know? do you have a notebook with a weekly tally of homeless folks in your area?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Wearing a mask under certain circumstances seems prudent to me and indeed common sense.

Whos under house arrest?

As to how many homeless have died from COVID, well that would depend on the area and R rate just like with any other place i imagine.

How do you know they are not becoming infected or dying down to the havoc the pathogen creates in there system just like anyone else?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
I live in South Florida, went to take my dog to the beach today. I wore a mask as did my spouse. The beach is near a local university. We went in the late afternoon. What I saw disturbed me. Walking from parking to the beach, most people I encountered seemed to be twenty somethings. I would say about 1 in ten was wearing a mask. There were several groups of 5 or more, not social distancing. On the beach it was a little better, people distancing well, but the individual groups still mostly not distancing and few masks. I have been seeing this for a couple weeks, lots of people out walking around and not wearing masks. I know there are people out there who are not taking this seriously but I am not one of them. I know half a dozen people who have come down with it and I know of one person who died. Trust me, this thing is REAL. Please, for Gods sake, wear a mask, distance correctly, wash your hands frequently, and be careful. Protect yourself and protect your families. God be with us all.
I’ve noticed the same thing with young people in Austin. No masks, no social distancing. But Gov. Abbott recently issued an order that anyone who doesn’t maintain 6-foot distancing must wear a mask. You can be fined for violations. Maybe it’ll have an effect.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Quarantine is a medical term with a specific definition. The stay at home orders...that isn't "quarantine". Its house arrest on a mass scale.

Have you always worn a mask? Tuberculosis is deadly and kills quite a few people every year. Treatment requires chemo and takes a long time. How about the flu or pneumococcus? Do you wear a mask because of them?

As it pertains to homeless...my opinion is based on the sheer volume of homeless I see in Austin and San Antonio, and the utter lack of homeless that are laid out dying int he streets. If this disease is deadly enough to ruin peoples lives over, it damned well better be killing some folks you know?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

The majority of the masks you see people wearing do not stop the inhalation of the Covid-19 virus.

Only the N95 high-quality mask protects you.

But the CDC does not recommend that you wear one.

"As of now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not recommend wearing N95 respirators to protect against COVID-19."

Source: www.mdvip.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

5% increase in what? Deaths?

Why on earth would I worry about a 5% increase in deaths?

Let me ask you, since we are bantering about intangibles...how many have died due to the reaction to COVID? The mental health issues, the folks who delayed treatment due to lockdowns...5%? Would you even notice?

I think what we are establishing here is that no one knows what th ehell is going on, and we are making calls for actions that have no basis.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Scapegrace

The majority of the masks you see people wearing do not stop the inhalation of the Covid-19 virus.

Only the N95 high-quality mask protects you.

But the CDC does not recommend that you wear one.

"As of now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not recommend wearing N95 respirators to protect against COVID-19."

Source: www.mdvip.com...

The purpose isn't to keep you from inhaling anything. Its to keep you from spitting and breathing out microparticulates while you talk and exist. You wearing a mask has nothing with keeping you healthy...you are supposed to do it on the off chance it might help someone else who, apparently, can't exercise their own judgement to avoid you when you don't have a mask on.

Its the ultimate nerf coating for stupid people. We don't just have to put warning signs on coffee...now we have to wear a mask too and take personal responsibility for their health. Despite the fact I work in a town of less than 2000 people and never have anyone within 20 feet of me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join