It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: carewemust

dissipate

Nice word for 120,000 dead, does it hurt having no soul?

Do you ache over every death?

Isn't that the end result of life?

Since when has any being on Earth had any reason to expect to not have to face disease from time to time?

Is COVID still as deadly as it was to NYC and Italy, with their atrocious air quality and crammed tight quarters?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Protect yourself and protect your families. God be with us all.

Maintaining 6 feet when you talk is much greater prevention than a mask. If you are talking to people all day such as working in a restaurant then, yes, the staff needs to wear a mask.

If you are outside keeping your 6 ft distance when you talk to people and just in general you do not need a mask, also just being outside kills the virus extremely quickly.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Wear a friken mask. Stay out of crowds. It's not that hard.

Is there anytime you feel you do not need to wear a mask outdoors?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Out of 2.8 million that were going to die this year in the US, according to statistics. In 7 months, and the mortality rate is dropping.

I know, I know, but just wait 2 weeks. Ok. We'll see.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Maintaining 6 feet when you talk is much greater prevention than a mask.
Doing both is better than either alone.

If you are outside keeping your 6 ft distance when you talk to people and just in general you do not need a mask, also just being outside kills the virus extremely quickly.
Not much indication that it kills the virus. But air movement outside does help to disperse it so the the chances of receiving an infectious dose is reduced.

Going maskless outdoors is not as risky as indoors, but you don't have to be talking to someone at a distance of less than 6 feet for there to be a risk.

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Out of 2.8 million that were going to die this year in the US, according to statistics.

You mean models based on no mitigation measures, right?

In 7 months, and the mortality rate is dropping.

Nope. The rate is rising. As expected when cases and hospitalizations did so. Now back to where it was a month ago.
covidtracking.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Do you ache over every death?

Isn't that the end result of life?

Since when has any being on Earth had any reason to expect to not have to face disease from time to time?

Is COVID still as deadly as it was to NYC and Italy, with their atrocious air quality and crammed tight quarters?

I'm sure Vonclod names every death before he goes to sleep each night like Arya did. I'm getting tired of the old "you want to kill grandma!!" type reply to anything less than another shutdown.

To be honest, outside of the forced housing of infected people in care facilities just about EVERYONE else who died most likely didn't practice ANY social distancing.

So no one in my family has gotten it yet...We ALL practice social distancing, we wear our masks in stores and other places, but we don't wear them once seated at restaurants, or outdoors such as the beach, hiking, biking, golfing etc... I talk to my neighbors at 10+ feet as example without a mask as we work outside on whatever.

I think masks help in the right situations that are limited.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think you need to qualify that, as its a confusing statement:

Mortality rate = percentage of all the people that died. Not the percentage infected that went on to die.

Yes, the mortality rate is rising with each death. That seems to be so intuitive it does not bear worth mentioning. THe percentage of people who have contracted it and died...is dropping. Again, its intuitive...you keep testing more and more people and finding asymptomatic cases, you obviously will water down the numerator in the equation.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So no one in my family has gotten it yet...We ALL practice social distancing, we wear our masks in stores and other places, but we don't wear them once seated at restaurants, or outdoors such as the beach, hiking, biking, golfing etc... I talk to my neighbors at 10+ feet as example without a mask as we work outside on whatever.

Then you are not part of the problem. There are far too many who are.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's interesting (and thankful) that there has not been a new spike in cases in New York which has been mobile for over two months now; other than people wearing masks, life seems to have gotten back to its normal pace.

I've been to a few restaurants (two a week) in the last month since they have been able to operate where I live; the restaurants try to pretend they are practicing social distancing but they aren't. Putting up plastic barriers between tables that have openings on the top, sides and bottom are nothing more than window dressing.

Other non food related places aren't any better. Been to the hardware store a lot the last three weeks making up for all the things I had been neglecting. Some isles are packed with people looking over the shelves.

I haven't been into one; but from the outside people attending bars, or smoking outside them, are a bit lax on the mask wearing. I was outside a bear distributor two or three weekends ago and it seemed like no one but my wife had their mask on inside.

I wonder what the difference is between New York and these other places that are seeing spikes. Is general cleanliness at a different level in these other locations?

edit on 11-7-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I don't know a single person who has had it. Not in my family or long list of acquaintences/friends.

I don't think its all a hoax, mind you. But no one I know has gotten it. It could be that my own personal experience drives my viewpoint, and I can readily admit that. its why i go ahead and mask up in public...im not an obtuse asshole (at least in this regard).

But it hink i have a good reason to question the response.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ok. To clarify. The daily death rate is rising, after falling while strong mitigation measures were in effect.

As did the positive testing rate increase. As did the daily hospitalization rate. As did the daily number of people in hospitals. The three tend to correlate, though lagged for obvious reasons.

I've considered the mortality rate to be a distraction from early on. The point of mitigation is to reduce hospitalizations. It worked.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Nevada (?) is pretty far down the list of deaths/population. Hawaii is at the bottom. Trying to keep it that way.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think its all a hoax, mind you. But no one I know has gotten it. It could be that my own personal experience drives my viewpoint, and I can readily admit that. its why i go ahead and mask up in public...im not an obtuse asshole (at least in this regard).

I know a few people from work that had gotten the disease; and I've heard second hand that family of friends have gotten it; my understanding is that they have all recovered which is thankful.

What is interesting is that in the last two weeks or so I have heard from many close friends and relatives that they were concerned they might have the disease because they where in close proximity to someone who tested positive.

For example my sister in law who lives in CA, had a dinner party at her hours two weeks ago. Its a small two bedroom house and they had about 15 people over. Apparently 1 guy at the party started showing symptoms the next day and than tested positive. Naturally all the party guests went and got tested. My understanding is that one other person tested positive; but apparently his wife did not. The boyfriend of the first guy didn't test positive ether. Fate is a fickle thing I guess.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The rate is rising. As expected when cases and hospitalizations did so. Now back to where it was a month ago.

I disagree, care is also getting better, drugs once deem bad because Trump said they are good are now seeing good data that they are actually good. One recent drug Remdesivir, is showing reduction for the risk of death in severely sick patients by nearly 60%. Things like putting patients on their stomach has kept people off the ventilators which we now know doesn't do much when they get to that stage..

I think in the end we are going to have an explosion of advancements about anti-virus data as what HIV did for the whole advancement of our understanding of the immune system. Think of where we might be in a year or two in this area compared to where we were a year ago. Think of all those advancements when a real killer comes along, one of those 30% to 70% killers like the bird flu.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Herd immunity hasn't worked for Sweden.

I'm sure you're thrilled by your perspective on Sweden, but in WHAT WAY has it not worked?

What exactly were you expecting with a herd immunity policy? You've lived through them before. Everything is in necessary acceleration whilst seeking to protect those most at risk. You know that.

Sweden has even closed DOWN field hospitals for lack of use if you're thinking of throwing down the hospital capacity card.

Here's the most interesting statistic for you: as of 3rd July, the Swedish mortality rate as a whole for 2020 stands at 53,146.

The average mortality rate for the last ten years in Sweden has been 90,000 - 91,000.

Will 2020 manage to top that? If so, to what extent compared to the rest of the world?

Will the rest of us be squeezing out our crying towels for completely screwing up and destroying our economies if Sweden boasts the same overall mortality stats as the rest of the world in relation to Covid-19, but retains a healthy economy?

In the meantime, carry on sucking up the current narrative...

............. YIP! YIP! ..............

edit on 11-7-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Each of these states benefits from geography. In Texas, some of our biggest "spike" is happening along the border with Mexico.

Whereas Nevada only has tourist spots that are dead, and Hawaii is isolated on an island kind of like NZ.

Another factor is the protesting. Areas with heavy protests saw large spikes in Texas. Austin, for example. I drove through Austin on I35 at the height of the protesting, but it was around 10am when i went through. There were about 40 DPS troopers driving into Austin in a convoy to deal with the protests.

Which is another issue...a lot of folks are really pissed that they are going back into lockdown status after the protests. I'd say that right now, the biggest issue with any compliance is that our government picks and chooses who gets to exercise rights and who doesn't.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
The boyfriend of the first guy didn't test positive ether. Fate is a fickle thing I guess.

It is showing a transmission rate of 1.5 or less, so don't expect someone with it to like infect the whole room, or even one out of 15 many times.

edit on 11-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Unless a 100% cure is found (it won't be), more people will die. As I said.

Z cases = X*hospitalizations = Y*deaths.

X will never be 0, nor will Y. Unless Z=0 more people will die. Fact.

The curve was flattened quite well. It no longer is in many places. Deaths are terrible but the main problem is hospitalizations. This has not changed.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You mean models based on no mitigation measures, right?

No, total all cause deaths in the US. 120k out of 2.8 million deaths overall.

Then magically all cases of flu and rsv have virtually disappeared in my state back in March. Nope, no flu, or rsv in Florida this year causing deaths. Only covid. How convenient.
edit on 11-7-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join