It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Forbes did not say how many ICU beds are in each of those counties.

I gave you a source for that information. That source is the state of Florida.
Not surprising you ignored it.

saying something is "full" could mean that they planned poorly.
Why plan for COVID? It's 99% harmless.

edit on 7/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Forbes did not say how many ICU beds are in each of those counties.

I gave you a source for that information. That source is the state of Florida.
Not surprising you ignored it.

saying something is "full" could mean that they planned poorly.
Why plan for COVID? It's 99% harmless.

Since ICU beds cost $30,000 each, hospitals don't stock up on them. Several Florida hospitals have ZERO, or just a couple of ICU beds. Easy for them to reach capacity.

None or Little ICU capacity: wwwwindowsmetafilee.org...

Plus, Florida officials are finding that some Covid-19 patients (and others) are not bad enough for ICU beds, but are being assigned to them anyway.

Improper Usage of Florida ICU Beds: www.sun-sentinel.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If 1% of Covid-19 cases overwhelm a hospital system, they didn't plan for a "spike" of anything.
edit on 7/13/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If 1% of Covid-19 cases overwhelm a hospital system, they didn't plan for a "spike" of anything.

More than 1% require hospitalization. The president lied. Again. I guess you missed that.

The spike is well beyond their preparations. It wasn't supposed to happen? Right? The governor said not to worry. Everything is fine. Right?

edit on 7/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

People at beach parks here set up canopies and gather in multi-family groups, grilling and have a grand old time. Some clusters have been identified as originating from graduation parties and birthdays. Another from training sessions for an airline.

Where are you located? Do you have visual evidence of these gatherings? Or, are you relying on the information provided by the local media? Because, CNN (for one) reports that there are large gatherings on beaches, but substantiates this claim with photos of beaches and crowds that are years old.

I gather in my home, and in others homes, with the people that I have been friends with for over two decades, and we do so out of our own free volition. They have not been sick, my family is not sick, and none of us have been since the whole shutdown happened. As groups, we are not adding to the COVID-19 numbers, other than to serve as an example of how this is not the boogeyman that it is being made to be.

I live in California, and we have the equivalent of a draconian dictator in Governor Newsom, who opens and shuts things on his own whims. I live in a county that has a half a million residents, and we are still under two thousand reported cases on COVID-19. Do the math. There is no reason to cripple the economy, nor is there a reason to cause people to be in a position where their mental state is put into a place of upheaval because of one elected leader's whims and fancies. And, just so you know, I'm a registered Democrat...and the Democratic Governor is behaving like a tyrant and needs to be checked.

Phage, if you want to stay home, wear a mask, and do all of the things the CDC tells you to do, by all means, do so. Be safe for you. At the same time, stop railing against people who feel like they are ready to "return to normal" and move on with life. Yes, there is a virus/pathogen (which really depends on which report you read). People die from it. The issue is not COVID-19, it's our response to it. Or, to put it more succinctly, it's our "over response" to it...

The numbers do not add up to the level of fear mongering that has been going on since mid-March. The only way that you can make them make sense is to perform some serious mathematical/logical gymnastics.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejaybird

Where are you located?

Oahu. A beach area near our hang gliding LZ is a very popular for large gatherings. There are two beach parks on the way to that LZ as well. Yes. I saw it. And I still see it when I head that way.

Railing?

edit on 7/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Where are you located?

Oahu. A beach area near our hang gliding LZ is a very popular for large gatherings. There are two beach parks on the way to that LZ as well. Yes. I saw it. And I still see it when I head that way.

Railing?

Yes..."railing". Go back and read your posts. It is not a problem with me, because I read (as best I can) your intent, and you are just trying to present what you see as facts. However, you are presenting "facts" in a world where those "facts" can be counteracted with other "facts" that are contrary to yours. While others yield in light of that, you absolutely refuse to do so, even when you are not always right.

Have you had conversations with everyone on those beaches? Do you know their connections, their relationships? Can you say, with total certainty, that those groups are promoting the increase of COVID-19? Or, are you making assumptions about those gatherings based on the lens that you are viewing the virus through? Those are honest questions.

Based on your posting about COVID-19 the last few months, it seems that you are fearful of the virus. Fair enough. Behave accordingly. But, don't hold it against folks who are choosing to (wisely, carefully) going about life as it used to be, and please don't paint the broad brush stroke that there is something wrong with those people or their actions.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I've lived here my entire life. I have taken in part in these kinds of gatherings many times.

Based on your posting about COVID-19 the last few months, it seems that you are fearful of the virus.
No more than I fear the ocean. I grew up in, on, and around it. I don't fear it nor do I turn my back to it.

Fair enough. Behave accordingly. But, don't hold it against folks who are choosing to (wisely, carefully) going about life as it used to be, and please don't paint the broad brush stroke that there is something wrong with those people or their actions.
Under the circumstances, there is something very wrong with their actions. They are acting irresponsibly. And I understand why, but that does not change the fact that they are behaving irresponsibly and showing either ignorance or disregard for others. Ignorance is curable.

There, that's railing.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

This is not true at all; it can't be over until everyone gets it and builds immunity, or we have not only a vaccine, but a treatment and cure. Masks just slow down transmission; it's not like if we all just wore masks, it'd disappear in 3 weeks and never come back.

Wearing masks won't stop you from getting it, won't stop you from spreading it. It just makes the probability of much lower, but still probable.

Covid is here to stay. Forever. Get used to it.

Exactly. People seem to not realize that Mexico and Central America have not done proper testing nor shut downs. We can't keep our borders closed forever to Mexico and Central America.

Covid is running around untested and uncontained in 3rd world impoverished countries.

So the only choice for border states and southern ports is to let the general public catch Covid in waves that the hospitals can handle so that the bordering states and ports can achieve herd immunity, thus the borders can re-open and trade can resume.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Like magic, it will just disappear.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

You're gonna get it with or without most masks. My fiance and mother have both been tested and came up negative. I visit my parents almost daily and am around my fiance all the time. None of us have worn masks and none of us got the 'rona. My fiance and I haven't missed a day of work either, so I won't be wearing a mask. They're suffocating and all have that certain smell. We kinda sorta still have the choice to protect ourselves if we feel like our lives are threatened. So you have the freedom to wear a mask and gloves if that makes you feel better, but I refuse to walk around in a suffocating mask by my own volition.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Bless your poor little heart. You just can't help yourself. You have to blame the president. That's just as laughable now as it was when it started back in March.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
www.fox35orlando.com...

So who do we trust when the ones giving out the data, are getting bad data?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Those Fox guys aren't very bright.

The data they are looking at is antibody testing and represents about 10% of all testing. It is not (and should not be) included with the PCR results because it is not an effective measure of the infection rate.

Part of those "countless" locations with high positivity results, are locations with 1 or 2 tests total. 1 test and it's positive. Guess what the positivity rate is?

ww11.doh.state.fl.us...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: The Fox report mentions locations which are not in the antibody testing report. Can anyone find the report that they are talking about?

Found it. And yes the vast majority of those "countless" locations are those with very few tests but there are a few obvious outliers.
ww11.doh.state.fl.us...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just read that today's deaths topped the record again in Florida that was set last week.

Last week set the record for first, second, and third for highest deaths in one week by a large margin from the previous record back in April. Today topped all of them.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

ORLANDO HEALTH 10 512 98% 522

That's what the article was talking about. Are they wrong? Or is a 98% rate correct? If their testing is bad, how many more out there are wrong that we do not know about? Don't these bad numbers skew our statistics?
edit on 14-7-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

ORLANDO HEALTH 10 512 98% 522

That's what the article was talking about. Are they wrong? Or is a 98% rate correct? If their testing is bad, how many more out there are wrong that we do not know about? Don't these bad numbers skew our statistics?

Several instances of (call them what they are) LIES from Medical and Testing facilities are emerging from Florida.

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com... -and-report/

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Graph of Florida daily deaths.

experience.arcgis.com...

July 7th was the peak. Down since then.

-------------------------
205 Deaths out of every 1 million residents over the past 5 months, is not a crisis, by any measure.

See Florida at: www.worldometers.info...

edit on 7/15/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Florida Sets Coronavirus Death Record, Hours After Gov. DeSantis Said State Had ‘Stabilized’

Florida reported132 deaths Tuesday, a massive increase from the 35 new deaths the state added on Monday and breaking the old daily record of 120, set on July 9.

The key metric DeSantis said showed the state had “stabilized,” which is the rate of tests coming back positive, also took a big jump in the wrong direction.

On Tuesday, the positivity rate rose back above 15%, reversing what had been a trend of decline, and far above Monday’s rate, which was below 11.5%.

This is from the site in your link.

Florida Department of Health Updates New COVID-19 Cases, Announces One Hundred Thirty-Two Deaths Related to COVID-19

This is also from your link which could explain the discrepancy

Death data often has significant delays in reporting, so data within the past two weeks will be updated frequently.

We are always talking about not trusting the government and there is a good reason not to trust Florida Government numbers. They fired the data scientist that was in charge of gathering all covid related data in Florida when she wouldn't falsify numbers to open the state up early. link

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
www.fox35orlando.com... jh24iQ6NGDlwO--gPnY-WQAhC0VyOhjmkqhzXkU2yCI

So a motorcycle accident counts as a covid death...

Good to know.

Then with the timing of "announcement of death" is looking more suspect. So ya'll been sitting on these covid deaths since June and your now salting the data with it to make it look like a spike in deaths in concurrence with the rise in positive cases? Effen liars.
edit on 17-7-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join