It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One reason Florida is spiking

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have been throwing star after star at your posts.
I envy your patience.
I don't understand why people have such a resistance to wear a mask, what is the problem?
It's a civic issue because people don't care about the others.
I wear a mask to protect you and your family and you should wear one to protect me and my family.
But to most here, I´m not thinking right, I don't get it!
Is this an American problem?
I´m European by the way.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: upnorthtrip

Americans can often be "contrary" by nature. Just for the sake of being so.

I haven't had close enough relationships with enough Europeans to make a call.

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't understand this big push to shame people.

Seems divisive and counter-productive to me.
Early on, before it was mandated to mask here, a woman behind a plexiglass shield tried to shame me for my naked face.
All it did was piss me off and vow not to return to a store that extolled such rudeness.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

That's the thing, there is no shame in wearing a mask.

Our PPE is just about the only thing we have in our toolbox that can retard the spread of the COVID 19 pathogen.

Seem to me counter-productive equates to not wearing a mask under the current climate.

It's not hard to do and i cannot see why it would piss anyone off, rude not to really especially where public transport or large groups of people are concerned.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Rudeness by others to anyone is unnecessary.
Rudeness to me and mine pissed me off.

Please do not change what I said.

Judging people is rude.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It's just a meme DontTreadOnMe.

I just liked it coz Freddie was on it if i'm honest and i like the song.

Not that i don't agree with the sentiment all the same.

On a side note, people are constantly judging others, that's part and parcel of the human condition, rude or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Seems to me that the most counter productive thing is for people to approach non mask wearers to risk infection to begin with.

Right? Is the choice that allows for the greatest freedom not the one folks would usually go with? And that "this is a special circumstance" stuff doesn't fly with me...slippery slopes and all...when does government ever return freedom to people?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

See there is the thing, i would not think to approach anyone not wearing a mask, or attempt to point out the error of there ways in public.

Because that really would indeed be counterproductive to the situation.

People don't know better I'm sure they will soon enough once they themselves become infected or others around them.

And that's a slippery slope with a possible drop of a cliff at the end.

Anyhoo stay safe and enjoy your Sunday.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Something I think a lot of folks don't understand....there are ENORMOUS swaths of population that do not have public transport, and really do not like being within 2 arms reach of each other. That is the way it is in rural areas. The closest ill generally get to a stranger is in passing, and even then I give the courtesy of personal space.

The whole state of Texas, for example, is not the same. Here where i am sitting right now...this town has no one wearing masks. There were 150 people at least at the creekside in a park taped off as closed. The police drive by and do nothing. Any attempt to close the entire state will result in the people just outright ignoring the order, and police refusing to enforce any of it. When you take that out to West Texas, its far enough away that even Austin won't try to enforce state level stuff like TABC (beverage licensing). I've operated bars out there for years, and never once was audited. Most communities don't even have food inspections int he restaurants (of course, no one ever gets sick, so its not a real issue for outcry).

How do you propose to regulate in a micomanagement style all those people who don't even face typical regulation? And how would you justify it when you are using models based off of urban centers and the habits of urban dwellers?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

WuHuFlu aside, as I do believe it is very infectious, the dehumanizing aspect and anonymity of long term mask wearing is troubling to me.
Distancing whenever possible is the better way to go!

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Have to work...but im making it a short day. Left some spanish chorizo's smoking at the house when I left, wife will pull them off. Got a pint of rum...might enjoy my Sunday a little later. But i absolutely hope the same for you and yours.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I've spent the better part of the last 2 years either bed bound, or recliner bound. I haven't lost too much muscle mass, as I've had to move around a bit, and have had to use my upper body to lift myself up.

But my overall physical condition is terrible. I have no stamina, and my core strength is bad. So keeping an upright posture is difficult. Its getting better, i just need exercise and rehab. But yesterday I had to run around at work outside for about 3 hours straight. It was 105 degrees, and i was carrying things that aren't that heavy, but in my current condition i was sucking wind hard and my muscles were screaming for oxygen.

Having to wear a mask to do that was...painful. It'll get better for me, but man...my shirt was soaked from neck to waist.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It's just a meme DontTreadOnMe.

I just liked it coz Freddie was on it.....

I like Freddie too!

But that meme is the way waaaaaay too many people act and react!
People need to take care of their own selves.
edit on Sun Jul 12 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: upnorthtrip

I don't understand why people have such a resistance to wear a mask, what is the problem?
It's a civic issue because people don't care about the others.
I wear a mask to protect you and your family and you should wear one to protect me and my family.
But to most here, I´m not thinking right, I don't get it!
Is this an American problem?

I think it must be easier to see certain things from outside a culture, and then there's certain things you can only really understand when you grow up inside that culture

The Role of Cognitive Dissonance in the Pandemic

Because of the intense polarization in our country, a great many Americans now see the life-and-death decisions of the coronavirus as political choices rather than medical ones.

Taking sides is incredibly important here for many, more important than the greater good approach in other cultures. Every single bit of information makes people suspicious, everyone making recommendations is accused of having an ulterior motive, there aren't any facts anymore - everything is up for debate

Science is now the enemy, medical personnel are co-conspirators, data is cooked to prove conspiracy theory

Americans don't like being told what to do - bottom line

Arizona county requests refrigerated trucks as morgues hit 97 percent capacity during pandemic

I'm not sure what it takes to change people's thinking

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It's how we are taking care of ourselves that seems to be in question all the same.

The world spun, we either roll with it, adapt and overcome, or it will roll over us.

Personally i don't think the application of proper PPE used under the correct circumstance can be a bad thing given the current spread of infection.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking
Anyone see a coincidence in the posts here of the people who died?? And of the people they are railing against.

Healthy people should not be trapped inside, healthy people do not need to wear masks.

And UV light ( the sun ) has shown to be an effective vitamin D supplement we all need who knew. Guess where you get lots of that and fresh air...... the beach.

If your old, already sick, or just plain still afraid keep hiding. Stay inside wear your mask. Get people too get your things. Accept YOUR NEW NORMAL.

Keep getting mad at the young, the not sick, Believe the BS goalpost moving from the MSM. But in the end your OPINION of how I should live my life based on your instilled fears supplied by the media, I for one and many others do not have to follow.

CoNViD FACTS

SaneThinking

This pretty, much sums it up. First of all a virus, is not subjective. Second of all, people are using this virus, to have an excuse to have power over people. Third, the msm are not reporting on the facts of the virus, instead they are selling bias views to perpetuate political agendas.

Most intelligent people have already figured this out.

edit on 12-7-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

originally posted by: SaneThinking
Anyone see a coincidence in the posts here of the people who died?? And of the people they are railing against.

Healthy people should not be trapped inside, healthy people do not need to wear masks.

And UV light ( the sun ) has shown to be an effective vitamin D supplement we all need who knew. Guess where you get lots of that and fresh air...... the beach.

If your old, already sick, or just plain still afraid keep hiding. Stay inside wear your mask. Get people too get your things. Accept YOUR NEW NORMAL.

Keep getting mad at the young, the not sick, Believe the BS goalpost moving from the MSM. But in the end your OPINION of how I should live my life based on your instilled fears supplied by the media, I for one and many others do not have to follow.

CoNViD FACTS

SaneThinking

This pretty, much sums it up. First of all a virus, is not subjective. Second of all, people are using this virus, to have an excuse to have power over people. Third, the msm are not reporting on the facts of the virus, instead they are selling bias views to perpetuate political agendas.

Most intelligent people have already figured this out.

How do you know?

Where are you getting your facts?

Applied intelligence to what information? Selected (by personal belief) or accurate science data?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Question to you....when a vaccine comes out, will you get a jab?

Question to you. What if there's no vaccine?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
or accurate science data?

Have you seen any of that? I haven't.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join